PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin...how good will he be in the NBA?

-PRIMETIME-
03-08-2009, 03:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRaiSlJEEvM

6 foot 10 (probably more like 6'9 or 6'8)

250 lbs.

being compared to Charles Barkley

aggresive as hell...

dude looks like a complete beast...

thoughts?

S.J.Basketball
03-08-2009, 03:22 AM
It's gonna be interesting to see him play against some of the big boys in the NBA that will size up better with him than some of the college kids he plays against.

zambo4president
03-08-2009, 03:32 AM
I dont think hes gonna do too much.

abe_froman
03-08-2009, 03:32 AM
poor man's kevin love

in comparison to other top picks:smith,martin,bogut,that level/type. where its not bust but it's not exactly what you think of when you think top pick guy

madiaz3
03-08-2009, 03:36 AM
poor man's kevin love

i dont think kevin love was as close to as dominant

im thinking when its all said and done kevin love will be a poor mans blake griffin

bbcmillionaire
03-08-2009, 03:39 AM
well he gets a lot of superstar calls in college like over the back fouls and things. can't wait till he gets the rookie treatment

abe_froman
03-08-2009, 03:39 AM

im thinking when its all said and done kevin love will be a poor mans blake griffin

talent level was better last year,hsave to remember that.if guys like rose,beasley,love,mayo,calmers,ect. stayed in,no one would be calling him dominant

and even if you are,doesnt mean you'll always translate well(marus fizer)

ntat
03-08-2009, 03:43 AM

not at all. LOve didnt do ****.

ntat
03-08-2009, 03:44 AM
talent level was better last year,hsave to remember that.if guys like rose,beasley,love,mayo,calmers,ect. stayed in,no one would be calling him dominant
why do u say that? All those guys played last year and everyone called them dominant.

abe_froman
03-08-2009, 03:47 AM
why do u say that? All those guys played last year and everyone called them dominant.

yes them(especially beasley),not him

zambo4president
03-08-2009, 03:47 AM

No he is saying that now that all of them have left Griffin is the most dominate player. But if they would have stayed he wouldnt be being called dominant because the attention goes out to those guys.

DamnGoat
03-08-2009, 03:57 AM
Well, he's not 6'10. All you have to do is look at the guy and you can see that. He can list himself at whatever height he wants, but 6'10 is probably 2 inches too much.

Best case: Carlos Boozer

Worst case: Marcus Fizer

I think he'll be decent, but probably not live up to the hype since he's a tad undersized and he'll need to develop a jumpshot to be a real threat. If he can continue to rebound like he has in college (unlikely) then he'll always be somewhat valuable.

GunFactor187
03-08-2009, 04:08 AM
To me his body kinda resembles LeBron James a little.

Phillyfan26
03-08-2009, 04:46 AM
I don't know how good of an NBA player he will be but if he is half the player he is in college he will be a beast.

GoatMilk
03-08-2009, 04:50 AM
Kenyon Martin.
No real go-to post moves.
Overpowers everyone
Not a true 6'10, more like 6'9, 6'8 1/2
He can be an OK player, just not a star. He might be lucky enough to be an All-Star one day, but he's not gonna be someone you build a team around. Just an OK player, definitely not number 1 pick status.

This draft sucks. IMO the top team should trade down a couple spots depending on who that team is.

-PRIMETIME-
03-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Well, he's not 6'10. All you have to do is look at the guy and you can see that. He can list himself at whatever height he wants, but 6'10 is probably 2 inches too much.

Best case: Carlos Boozer

Worst case: Marcus Fizer

I think he'll be decent, but probably not live up to the hype since he's a tad undersized and he'll need to develop a jumpshot to be a real threat. If he can continue to rebound like he has in college (unlikely) then he'll always be somewhat valuable.

how can you make a statement like that?

best case: a better Charles Barkley

worst case: injured bust

GREATNESS ONE
03-08-2009, 05:27 AM
I actually think this Kid is gonna be good I see him avg 20 points his career.