PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated NBA sayings.....

twoearl
03-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey you guys ever sit and watch a game and listen to all the obvious comments that are made, or things that just don't make any sense? Here are some of mine.....

"When they don't turn the ball over they are tough to beat" - DUH! Any freaking team is tough to beat when they dont make mistakes, thank you captain obvious!

"When he hits his jumper he is tough to defend" - DUH! What nba player is NOT tough to defend when their J is on that night?

"They just wanted it more than we did" - Shut up! What you should say is we sucked tonight and they didn't.

"We beat ourselves" - No you didn't. The other team made you look that bad so take your loss like a man.

"He is a cerebral player, high basketball IQ" - give me a break! There are some exceptions but in most cases this usually means the players is unathletic, career role player who cant get his own shot and is destined to be a nba coach but not a nba player.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
"He's a great facilitator of the offense." I hate it when announcers say that. It's usually code for, "He can't shoot, or drive, but he'll pass it around the perimeter with the best of em."

Vinny642
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
LOL We beat ourselves

twoearl
03-07-2009, 10:13 PM
"He's a great facilitator of the offense." I hate it when announcers say that. It's usually code for, "He can't shoot, or drive, but he'll pass it around the perimeter with the best of em."

LMAO!! yeah i forgot about that one. Marc Jackson always uses this one.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 10:14 PM
LMAO!! yeah i forgot about that one. Marc Jackson always uses this one.

Ugh, marc jackson, biggest tool ever.

Every 3 point shot is a "Dagger 3" to him.

and does "Mama there goes that man." sound familiar. ****ing christ.

DerekRE_3
03-07-2009, 10:16 PM

I have never liked Marc Jackson as a commentator.

baller1532
03-07-2009, 10:20 PM
can't let the refs win the game -- they can't! they aren't playing!

superkegger
03-07-2009, 10:22 PM

Obviously me either. I was really hoping he would have gotten the Knicks head coaching job so that he wouldn't be an announcer anymore. But alas, we weren't so lucky.

GspLAL
03-07-2009, 10:26 PM

Him and Van Gundy god damn theyre annoying, at first it was somewhat amusing to listen to them but after a week it got so old, Mike Breen or w/e his name is is pretty good though.

hotpotato1092
03-07-2009, 10:26 PM
this happens more in video games but still, I've always hate when announcers say "he tickled the twine". What the hell is a twine and how do you tickle it?

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 10:30 PM

:laugh2:

ink
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM
"He carries the team"

Look where it got AI, Vince Carter, and TMac.

VCaintdead17
03-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Whats wrong with Vince at the moment??

marlinsfan24
03-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Anything that someone on ESPN says honestly. And NBATV is becoming just as bad...

superkegger
03-07-2009, 11:10 PM
"He carries the team"

Look where it got AI, Vince Carter, and TMac.

x2.

rapswin98
03-07-2009, 11:23 PM
"we jus gotta play basketball", i hate this saying the most.

TrueRob
03-08-2009, 01:33 AM
"He is a cerebral player, high basketball IQ" - give me a break! There are some exceptions but in most cases this usually means the players is unathletic, career role player who cant get his own shot and is destined to be a nba coach but not a nba player.

Yeah, the whole high basketball IQ thing is a joke. High IQ players are players who are crafty; they know how to draw fouls, make plays, make quick decisions on a fast break to optimize the chance of scoring etc. Being unathletic does not make you a high basketball IQ player.

ggg
03-08-2009, 03:58 AM
lol @ the last of the first post. that is exactly what commentator's are saying on luke walton. its like his poppa is a colleague, might as well give him the brains. not that i disagree, but it gets tiring for quite some time.

most of the when he shoots he is tough to defend comes from hubie brown.

Kakaroach
03-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Hubie Brown: "He's running a clinic today". What does that even mean?!

lorenz00
03-08-2009, 09:36 PM
practice? AI

Nighthawk
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Hubie Brown: "He's running a clinic today". What does that even mean?!

Its mean hes making it look easy :rolleyes:

madiaz3
03-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey you guys ever sit and watch a game and listen to all the obvious comments that are made, or things that just don't make any sense? Here are some of mine.....

"We beat ourselves" - No you didn't. The other team made you look that bad so take your loss like a man.

We beat ourselves is perfectly applicable.
it happens when you make mistakes that had nothing to do with the other team, missing freethrows, missing open undefended shots, inexplicably dropping the ball when there is no pressure. etc.

Drunk Kosar 19
03-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Practice?