PDA

View Full Version : NBA Games on ABC

RaptorsFanatic
03-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Is it just me or are any of you guys pissed at ABC showing the same damn teams playing every Sunday afternoon? Its always Phoenix, San Antonio, Celtics, or the Cavs. :mad:

I AM TIRED OF WATCHING PHOENIX ON ABC. Seriously, ABC sucks and they should start showing other teams as well. It ruins my Sunday afternoon watching the Suns over and over and over and over again...

I would love to see a couple of other teams on ABC.

Your thoughts?

twoearl
03-07-2009, 10:08 PM
i agree, but the NBA wants to showcase their best teams when they have a large national audience. This is because casual fans don't know who joe johnson or David West is. THey only know the proven stars like lebron, kobe and shaq.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Is it just me or are any of you guys pissed at ABC showing the same damn teams playing every Sunday afternoon? Its always Phoenix, San Antonio, Celtics, or the Cavs. :mad:

I AM TIRED OF WATCHING PHOENIX ON ABC. Seriously, ABC sucks and they should start showing other teams as well. It ruins my Sunday afternoon watching the Suns over and over and over and over again...

Your thoughts?

Well, they make the schedules before the season starts, and predetermine who will play in these late season sunday afternoon games based on last year. It just so happens that the suns have some big names, and draw ratings and also happen to be playing other good teams. It's how it goes. Sunday afternoon sports have to have mass appeal, not just appeal to core NBA fans.

RaptorsFanatic
03-07-2009, 10:21 PM
lol ye stupid money hungry giants. Iunno, I just wanted to air it out, its just so annoying.

jackyyy
03-08-2009, 12:02 AM
anyone get a feeling that Suns and Spurs always play each other?

i do.. its like every week they play against each other

GoatMilk
03-08-2009, 12:21 AM
this is ABC
Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Detroit

Nirvanaskurdt
03-08-2009, 12:39 AM
I dont mind at all...

superkegger
03-08-2009, 12:42 AM
there are plenty of games during the rest of the week on espn, nbatv and tnt. ABC gets 1-2 games a week, why wouldn't they showcase the most popular teams on sunday afternoon?

KB24PG16
03-08-2009, 12:53 AM
yea it gets annoying but its bussiness

NewYorkJets5229
03-08-2009, 01:01 AM

Your thoughts?

stop complaining and be smart and get the NBA Package before next season starts...its only 169 dollars a year for EVERY game that is not nationally televised...its awesome i watch any game i want to on any night im home

JordansBulls
03-08-2009, 01:01 AM

Your thoughts?

I want to see the Bulls on ABC for a change.

bostncelts34
03-08-2009, 01:05 AM
big name and good teams play on sundays.

What are they suppose to play? washington vs thunder?

yea that would draw ratings.

superkegger
03-08-2009, 01:13 AM
I want to see the Bulls on ABC for a change.

if the bulls were good, they'd be on ABC. Thing is, they're not.

The Answer3
03-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Like superkegger said, its all about the ratings. Guys like Shaq, Amare, Kobe, Garnett etc are players people like like to watch. They draw ratings, the NBA isn't gonna put on the Thunder Vs Washington on ABC.

Sportfan
03-08-2009, 10:41 AM
washington does have some big names. and they were good last year so they could put them on ABC

SunsBearsfan
03-08-2009, 11:35 AM
im getting sick and tired of seeing the spurs on national tv. but i guess thats what stern would want tho...boston, san antonio and lakers to win on sunday....GO SUNS!

RodmansBulls
03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
washington does have some big names. and they were good last year so they could put them on ABC

The only way the Wizards could be on ABC is if Gilbert gets his *** back on the court. He's the only big name to watch on that team.

Wrightw/Reyes19
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM
i wanna see Denver on more. Anthony and JR are fun players to watch.

pippsux
03-08-2009, 01:32 PM

Your thoughts?

Rockets games? I mean who doesn't know Yao Ming? There are a lot of Chinese people in the US who I am sure would watch him play on free tv.

Even the hated Utah Jazz should be on tv, only for their home games. They are winning, their owner just died they are rallying around him to get their coach a ring

Hawks are fun to watch, they actually run and gun

Sportfan
03-08-2009, 01:40 PM
yea i like watching the hawks(except when we play them :D)