PDA

View Full Version : If your team could have a do over on one move made in the last 25, what would it be?

hotpotato1092
03-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Basically, if you got a chance to change one move your team has made since 1984, what would it be? You can sign one free agent instead of another (although it has to be realistic, Denver for example decided to sign Andre Miller instead of Gilbert Arenas, you could switch that), you could change a draft pick (again has to be realistic, the player you'd switch for has to have been on the board when you made the pick), you could stop a trade that was made from happening, you could make a trade that was rumored but never happened, you could stop the hiring of a coach or executive, basically whatever you want. What's it gonna be? I'll start with my Knicks, now it would be easy for me to say I wouldn't have hired Isiah Thomas, but that's not what I'm picking. I'm going with the Eddy Curry deal, it cost us a #2 overall pick and a #9 overall pick as well as hampering us with a big contract during the free agent bonanza of 2010. At least Isiah brought in two fan favorites in Nate the great and David Lee. What move's would you make for your team?

SF25
03-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Draft Michael Jordan instead of Sam Bowie.

Vinny642
03-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Not me but the Hornets would not trade Kobe.....
I would trade Kobe for someone better.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Not me but the Hornets would not trade Kobe.....
I would trade Kobe for someone better.

Are you saying that knowing how good kobe became, you'd still trade him?

Vinny642
03-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Yea, I hate Kobe

carlo
03-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I would've let Patrick Ewing become a free agent and free up cap space instead of doing that debacle of a trade.

baller1532
03-07-2009, 09:54 PM
picking Amar'e Stoudemire instead of Nikoloz Tskitishvili at the 5th pick in 2002.

djeller1139
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
There are soo many bad Warriors decisions - mainly in our drafting.

Most recently, A'mare instead of Dunleavey.

GspLAL
03-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Trading Shaq.

BullsNumber1Fan
03-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Here's 3 for Chicago:

1. Drafting Amar'e Stoudemire instead of Jay Williams
2. Drafting Pau Gasol instead of Eddy Curry AND keeping Elton Brand instead of trading him for T.Chandler
3. Hiring Avery Johnson/Doug Collins instead of Vinny Del Negro

Other than that, I can't be very mad because we won 6 titles during that time and we draft Jordan and trade nothing for Pippen.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 11:08 PM
So wait, when you think about it, if the hornets never trade kobe for divac, their entire history is changed. They probably wouldn't have been in the position to get chris paul, and a plethora of other things. Are we maintaining that this one move doesn't affect the rest of the history of that team?

Ender
03-07-2009, 11:13 PM
76ers- #1 pick in 1986 (Brad Daugherty) to CLE for Roy Hinson. Same day- Moses Malone and Terry Catledge to WAS for Cliff Robinson.

Had we kept the pick and not made the trade the 76ers would have been;

PG- Mo Cheeks
SG- Julius Erving
C- Moses Malone
SF- Charles Barkley
PF- Brad Daugherty

That's a pretty sick squad and probably wins a title or two.

bbcmillionaire
03-07-2009, 11:25 PM
76ers- #1 pick in 1986 (Brad Daugherty) to CLE for Roy Hinson. Same day- Moses Malone and Terry Catledge to WAS for Cliff Robinson.

Had we kept the pick and not made the trade the 76ers would have been;

PG- Mo Cheeks
SG- Julius Erving
C- Moses Malone
SF- Charles Barkley
PF- Brad Daugherty

That's a pretty sick squad and probably wins a title or two.

haha us chicago bulls woulda had a challenge in the east.

if we woulda played the pistons better in the playoffs after we beat miami......we coulda shocked the nba

GunFactor187
03-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Draft Chris Bosh over Darko Milicic.

pad1
03-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I say I would have tried to make Kobe and Shaq better with each other.

homestarunner93
03-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Draft Brandon Roy over Adam Morrison. :pity:

badkins1121
03-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Too many to name...

Keep Ray Allen instead of Stephon Marbury

Keep Chauncey Billups

ajj22
03-07-2009, 11:49 PM
1) offer the entire city of orlando to shaq instead of letting him go to l.a.
2) draft danny granger over fran vasquez
3) don't do a sign and trade with grant hill, trading away ben wallace
4) don't give up on chauncey billups

there's more, but i already wrote more than the one that the thread asked for

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 11:51 PM
take jameer nelson instead of dorrell wright

tp13baby
03-07-2009, 11:53 PM
draft dwayne wade instead of melo.
never trade for ai
amare instead of niko in 2002
no kenyon martin

Lineup would be
Nene c
amare pf
sf idk
Wade sg
pg andre miller but would love billups

hotpotato1092
03-08-2009, 12:02 AM
So wait, when you think about it, if the hornets never trade kobe for divac, their entire history is changed. They probably wouldn't have been in the position to get chris paul, and a plethora of other things. Are we maintaining that this one move doesn't affect the rest of the history of that team?

It affects the entire history, it has too. Basically what move would you change that you think would help the franchise the most.

snoop2327
03-08-2009, 12:03 AM
every move the knicks made before Walsh...bustberry, curry

MattPugh
03-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Hated it when the Magic spent max money on Rashard "I'm 6'10" and afraid to rebound" Lewis.

baller1532
03-08-2009, 12:12 AM
draft dwayne wade instead of melo.
never trade for ai
amare instead of niko in 2002
no kenyon martin

Lineup would be
Nene c
amare pf
sf idk
Wade sg
pg andre miller but would love billups

no way! as good as d wade has been this year, we've made the playoffs each year with melo:clap:. can't say the same for heat and wade. and sure they got a chip, but without shaq they wouldn't have, and there is no way the lakers would have given him to us!

superkegger
03-08-2009, 12:16 AM
It affects the entire history, it has too. Basically what move would you change that you think would help the franchise the most.

Then I wouldn't change a thing about the Lakers history.

akesh99
03-08-2009, 12:23 AM
not get completely raped in the carter to nj deal

JordansBulls
03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Would have never traded Elton Brand.

Spurred1
03-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Wouldn't have traded Devin Harris and would have canned Avery sooner.

IRUAM #21
03-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Picked David Lee instead of Wayne Simien

Kyben36
03-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Where do I start with the Bulls. Between Curry, Chandler, Fizzer, Williams, VDN, Tyrus Aldridge, Skiles, Brand, Artest, Miller, Paxson, and Deng, I just dont know which I would change first,

Ollie Tabooger
03-08-2009, 11:48 PM
milwaukee bucks traded dirk nowitzki for tractor traylor.

hotpotato1092
03-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Where do I start with the Bulls. Between Curry, Chandler, Fizzer, Williams, VDN, Tyrus Aldridge, Skiles, Brand, Artest, Miller, Paxson, and Deng, I just dont know which I would change first,

I think I'd take Amare over Williams, but that's just me :D

hotpotato1092
03-08-2009, 11:58 PM
2800 posts :rock:

superkegger
03-09-2009, 12:01 AM

:laugh:

Possibly the most lopsided trade in history. An MVP for an alcoholic, even swap I guess.

2800 posts :rock:

nice post pad?

ntat
03-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Hated it when the Magic spent max money on Rashard "I'm 6'10" and afraid to rebound" Lewis.

I agree they vastly overpaid him but that is one of the biggest moves u would change? Look at u guys now, contenders with a strong squad, Lewis contributes, and ur young. I would think Just letting Shaq out the door for nothin pretty much would be the biggest regret ever.

Nirvanaskurdt
03-09-2009, 12:15 AM
PHX SUNS- The hiring of Steve Kerr... :puke: never should of happened!!:mad:

ntat
03-09-2009, 12:17 AM

wow i didnt know that! Probably the worst trade I can think of in this era, and then the Lakers getting Gasol for free. I am a kings fan, but I bet they wanted Webber back. lol

ntat
03-09-2009, 12:19 AM
no way! as good as d wade has been this year, we've made the playoffs each year with melo:clap:. can't say the same for heat and wade. and sure they got a chip, but without shaq they wouldn't have, and there is no way the lakers would have given him to us!
Wade has passed Melo bye AT THIS POINT in their career. And Melo has had a more consistent and better cast around him. And Wade has won a ring, and Melo cant win in the playoffs. I think Wade has trumped him so far, but there is a lot more time in their careers for Melo to catch up.

G-Men4Life
03-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Never let Burress go to any clubs!!!!! .......Yeah.

Allabouthephils
03-09-2009, 12:48 AM
As a 76er fan, it's the Webber deal...

Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner for C-Webb, Matt Barnes, and Michael Bradley ?!?!?!

If something seems WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too good to be true ; then those knees are far too gone to be productive...

Thomas had one of the worst contracts in the NBA, I admit that, but there was a problem... Webber had the second worst behind Starbury's... The King's also gave up Barnes to dump his contract and he was better than either of the three players Philadelphia gave up...

Had we not done this deal, Philadelphia would not have been burdoned by cap problems in 07 and could have made a play for Allen or KG...

jetsfan28
03-09-2009, 12:54 AM
It's gotta be Zeke, if the Knicks hadn't traded for Curry, they would've traded for some other lazy fat ***, the only way to avoid that would've been not hiring Thomas.

Actually, come to think of it, it was probably choosing Van Gundy over Grunfeld, any other coach would've let Spree and Camby grow chemistry with the team, and any other coach + Grunfeld would've picked Artest.

Imagine, a 1999-2000 team of

Ewing
LJ
Spree
Houston
Ward

Childs
Camby
Thomas
Artest

VPNeedAssistanc
03-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Yea, I hate Kobe

ignorance, why would you hate one of your own team's player, if kobe dropped 81 as a hornet, you would be kissing his ***

DenButsu
03-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Just right off the top of my head, two of them would be:

1. draft Amare instead of Skita

2. don't sign K-Mart to that ridiculous contract

Joshtd1
03-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Trade Scola for a 2nd round pick.

Aarick
03-09-2009, 01:13 AM
tell amare and diaw to sit the ***** down.

enough said.

Vinny642
ignorance, why would you hate one of your own team's player, if kobe dropped 81 as a hornet, you would be kissing his ***

But he didn't so i dont care, I don't like him now, so knowing of what he became in his career, I still wouldn't want him, also it would mess us up getting Paul. Also if kobe was a Hornet then there would be less hype with LA, less champions, less FANS and more fans for the Hornets. I'd rather wait for Cp3 to get our Championship title then to have kobe back then.

NJrockPD
Here's 3 for Chicago:

2. Drafting Pau Gasol instead of Eddy Curry AND keeping Elton Brand instead of trading him for T.Chandler

Other than that, I can't be very mad because we won 6 titles during that time and we draft Jordan and trade nothing for Pippen.

That pretty much says it all, the only thing i could add is the Ben Wallace signing.

IversonIsKrazy
03-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Spurs: Drafted Boozer instead of Salmons then trading him for nothing. Imagine Duncan + Boozer in the post, HOLY ****!

Raptors: Drafted Wade instead of Bosh. Jose, Wade, AP, Bargs, JO

Lakers: Nothing really.

Kyle N.
03-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Wade has passed Melo bye AT THIS POINT in their career. And Melo has had a more consistent and better cast around him. And Wade has won a ring, and Melo cant win in the playoffs. I think Wade has trumped him so far, but there is a lot more time in their careers for Melo to catch up.

Now this has nothing to do with Melo, but I personally don't like the term "can't win in the playoffs". Apperently Kevin Garnett can't win in the playoffs... or maybe he can. Players don't lose in the playoffs, teams lose in the playoffs. I'd rather the phrase "hasn't won in the playoffs" but hey, that's just me.

braveniler58
03-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Handcuff Amare and Diaw to the bench.

blackjack_119
03-09-2009, 02:26 AM
As a ,Blazer fan, most would think that I would draft Jordan over Bowie, but I think I will go a different route. Provided history would continue as normal (Trading for Roy, Trading for Aldridge, Drafting Oden) I would draft either CP3 or D-Will rather than trade down for Martell Webster.

C: Greg Oden
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
SF: Nick Batum
SG: Brandon Roy
PG: Chris Paul

That is a lot of championships... granted Jordan and Drexler would have been a lot too.

Giants-49ers-Ws
03-09-2009, 02:39 AM
In baseball..Giants never signed barry zito!...biggest **** up ever

hotpotato1092
03-09-2009, 03:02 AM

Possibly the most lopsided trade in history. An MVP for an alcoholic, even swap I guess.

nice post pad?

Hey 2800 is a big landmark :D

Hellcrooner
03-09-2009, 03:39 AM
1 1984 Lakers take Nique Wilkins instead of worthy, lakers win at least 2 more finals , Pistons 88 and Bulls 91 in wich Worhty was injured.

2 sometime around the 80s, i make a contract with a condom factory to supply10 free condoms to magic johnson every day., Magic does not get adis, so he goes on playing until 1996. with a healthy wilkins wich means, Bulls first three peate never comes to wxist.

scenario 2

1 condom thing

2 i agree to trade hornets pick (larry johsnon) for Worthy, magic and johnson are joined in 96 by shaq and win the ring, magic retires with 6 toppoing jordan that only gets first three because johnson KOBE and Shaq win the next 5 96 to 01.

Last, Mr buss listens to Phil and trades BOTH kobe and shaq in 03, at taht moment ther teams woudl have offered ANY superstar, like Kg and ming or Iverson and Duncan or wahtever.

sp1derm00
03-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I would've traded Odom for Kwame over Caron for Kwame.

This is assuming that I'd still be able to draft Bynum and still be able to trade Kwame for Pau.

Imagine the lineup!:

Fish/Farmar
Kobe/Sasha
Caron/Ariza
Pau/Powell
Bynum/Mbenga

stuckeyballer3
03-09-2009, 11:10 AM
In the 2003 draft detroit pistons should have took carmelo, cb4, or even dwayne wade. Over Darko what a bad choice, what were detroit scouts smoking?

daleja424
03-09-2009, 11:15 AM
1) Not trade Antoine Walker and a first rounder for Ricky davis and Mark Blount
2)Draft Jameer Nelson instead of Dorell Wright
3) Draft David Lee instead of Wayne Simeon

those 3 moves would have greatly helped the Heat...

shatty
03-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Draft D-Wade over Chris Bosh which i was praying the Raps would do on draft day.Bosh is really good wade is really great.U could say Roy over Bargs too but That draft was so up in the air im glad We didnt take Morrison

LanceUpperCut
03-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Raptors= Maybe get some real players for VC and trade T-MAc instaed of letting him leave,I did like T.J. but keeping Charlie V would be nice today.

Lakers= Tell Kobe to stay out of Colorado

IrespectNumber3
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
1 1984 Lakers take Nique Wilkins instead of worthy, lakers win at least 2 more finals , Pistons 88 and Bulls 91 in wich Worhty was injured.

2 sometime around the 80s, i make a contract with a condom factory to supply10 free condoms to magic johnson every day., Magic does not get adis, so he goes on playing until 1996. with a healthy wilkins wich means, Bulls first three peate never comes to wxist.

scenario 2

1 condom thing

2 i agree to trade hornets pick (larry johsnon) for Worthy, magic and johnson are joined in 96 by shaq and win the ring, magic retires with 6 toppoing jordan that only gets first three because johnson KOBE and Shaq win the next 5 96 to 01.

Last, Mr buss listens to Phil and trades BOTH kobe and shaq in 03, at taht moment ther teams woudl have offered ANY superstar, like Kg and ming or Iverson and Duncan or wahtever.

at 2...LMFAO...and some people dont understand at the time that was going on in 03...it was either kobe or shaq that was going to leave...that year in 03 they had a extremely crazy roster that just so happened to get hurt at the very end... the heat and lakers are probably one of the few teams that traded with each other and got to the finals in a 3 year span

BTownTeamsRKing
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
trading joe johnson for tony delk and rodney rogers might be the worst move in Celtics history.

also, trading Billupts.

signing scal to a rediculously stupid contract.

pants
03-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Draft D-Wade over Chris Bosh which i was praying the Raps would do on draft day.Bosh is really good wade is really great.U could say Roy over Bargs too but That draft was so up in the air im glad We didnt take Morrison

If you want to talk about the Rap's drafts try looking back to 2004. I have no problem with Bosh (even if you think Wade is a little better, you can't complain about a 4 time allstar) or Bargs (who I think will be better than Roy in the long run). Drafting Rafael Araujo was a huge mistake and there were plenty of better options available. This is not just based on what has happened since 2004. No mock draft had Rafi going anywhere near the top 10 but the Rap's picked him 8th. Also, Andre Iguodala was available and projected to go top 3 after Howard and Okafor.

IrespectNumber3
03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
btw if the pistons didnt win that 2004 nba championship them passing up on Carmello Bosh and Wade was just play retarted...If they wouldve picked up either three theyd be the 1 seed in the east for a very long time

The Panch
03-09-2009, 11:31 AM
For thae Pacers not to get in the brawl at the Palace, the we would of been the champs that year, and maybe another year or 2.

kjdills13
03-09-2009, 11:51 AM
letting JOE JOHNSON go to the freaking HAWKS, if we never let him go to the hawks we win the championship, he was are ONLY one on one player and we could never get past the spurs bc bowen would guard marion but if we had joe ten they would have HAD to put bowen and johnson and then marion would have actually done something, The suns not putting the money up for Johnson is why we are no good right now, O and i also feel the shaq trade was a good trade and i think Nash is the most overrated player in the NBA

shatty
03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
If you want to talk about the Rap's drafts try looking back to 2004. I have no problem with Bosh (even if you think Wade is a little better, you can't complain about a 4 time allstar) or Bargs (who I think will be better than Roy in the long run). Drafting Rafael Araujo was a huge mistake and there were plenty of better options available. This is not just based on what has happened since 2004. No mock draft had Rafi going anywhere near the top 10 but the Rap's picked him 8th. Also, Andre Iguodala was available and projected to go top 3 after Howard and Okafor.
Ya but i dont think there was too much hype behind Iguodala i might be wrong but i think we passed on Danny Granger too but again no one knew how good he would be.I think anyone who watched Wade in college knew how great he could be.Bosh hasnt lifted this team anywhere i think Wade or Roy would have this team as a contender this seaseon.i dont think Iggy would

Faneik
03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
My do over:

No cocaine for Len Bias.

mike_noodles
03-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Toronto Raptors: Not hire Rob Babcock as GM, that way we don't draft Araujo over Iguodala and we don't trade VC + $10m for Joey Graham and a bag of balls. (For those of you who forgot it was actually VC for Zo, E Williams, A Williams + 2 first rounders, but we paid Zo $10m to sit at home).

BTownTeamsRKing
03-09-2009, 12:32 PM
My do over:

No cocaine for Len Bias.

ugh dont go there.

DitchDat
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
My do over:

No cocaine for Len Bias.

True.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Here's 3 for Chicago:

Avery told them No i believe

ttam68
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
For the Sixers, I'd say draft Kobe instead of AI.

In 1996, we had a young, bad team. So if we're going to draft a franchise player we might as well take the guy with the higher potential (as we see now, then I wouldn't have made the pick). That way, we'd have Stackhouse, Kobe, DC and probably some money to build towards 2000. And, I think Kobe would have a greater chance of co-existing with some of the "stars" we paired Iverson with then AI did.

Balliday
03-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Give Bynum indestructable metal knees...

justheboss
03-09-2009, 01:01 PM
knicks picking wies ove ron artest; pick nene over amare; channing frye over granger.

Think about a lineup of
duhon
granger
artest
lee
amare

LTS
03-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Blocked Robert Horrys last minute shot/ Trading G. Wallace

charlsdq7
03-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Get Kobe Lebron or MJ to the SIxers

IndyRealist
03-09-2009, 01:29 PM
One move? Draft Tony Parker in 2001 instead of Jamaal Tinsley.

what54!?
03-09-2009, 01:35 PM
1) Not trade Antoine Walker and a first rounder for Ricky davis and Mark Blount
2)Draft Jameer Nelson instead of Dorell Wright
3) Draft David Lee instead of Wayne Simeon

those 3 moves would have greatly helped the Heat...x 2

king4day
03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Give Joe Johnson the contract he asked for prior to 04-05
Not sign Marcus Banks

Brosiff
03-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Not draft Shawn Bradley with our 1st pick, and possibly choose a sack of used basketballs over him.

IndyRealist
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Give Joe Johnson the contract he asked for prior to 04-05Not sign Marcus Banks

That's the difference in a championship, right there.

Hawkeye15
03-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I am a Wolves fan, so my head hurts just thinking about this. I would say trading Roy away for Foye. Foye is a very good player, but Roy is already an elite player.

gauth25
03-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Lakers not trading Shaq.

nyybronxborn
03-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Draft Chris Bosh over Darko Milicic.

how about carmelo over darko

ATX
03-09-2009, 02:51 PM
how about carmelo over darko

Or Wade over Darko!!! I'm forever grateful to Detroit for picking Darko!

king4day
03-09-2009, 02:55 PM
That's the difference in a championship, right there.

We'll never know. The sad thing is, he wasn't even asking for a max contract. I think it was somewhere around 5 years 48 mil.
Even if having him wasn't going to bring us a ring, it coulda led to signing another name too.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
For the Knicks, trading for Eddy Curry instead of continuing to rebuild.

dbeastly
03-09-2009, 03:02 PM
i got 2 for the heat.
1.draft david lee instead of wayne simien(bust)
2.draft jameer nelson instead of dorrell wright(he might turn out good but hes injury prone)

Bigfella17
03-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Trading Jalen Rose for Artest! The Brawl screwed us over big time and ruined any chances of Reggie Miller getting a ring.

dbeastly
03-09-2009, 03:10 PM

wow i didnt read this one i only got lee and jameer though. ok considering that dont do the shaq for odom butler grant 1st pick. and keep the 3 point shooters we used to have

pg. nelson,damon jones
sg. wade,?
sf. butler,kapono
pf. odom,?
c. lee,?
that means were young and we have great players for years to come.
wow i wish we did this

missionh1llpart
03-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Hmm for the celtics I wouldn't have traded chauncey billups. I think I can speak for not just boston, but toronto, minnesota, detroit and obviously denver since they traded back for him. If I remember correctly he was also on the Magic during an offseason and was traded before he played a game.

In that same draft, I would have chosen T Mac over Ron Mercer, even though it looks like Mcgradys career is going downhill. Mercer wouldve been great if he stayed healthy, oh well.

Last but not least, although it helped us get to the playoffs the year this trade happened, I would not have traded Joe Johnson to the Suns for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers. We were eliminated in the first round.

Who said all celtics fans are bandwagon fans? :)

Guess none of this really matters though since we've won three titles since 84.

SpeeMN
03-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Don't sign Joe Smith with under the table incentives... costed the Timberwolves 5 or something years of first round pics. Thats worse than Roy for Foye

stop40
03-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Not hire Tim Floyd or Vinny Del Negro

jaysfan4ever
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
1) Drafting Tony Parker instead of Michael Bradley.

2) Getting SOMETHING back for Vince Carter (Charlie V was our only decent return).

3) Drafting Andre Iguodala, Al Jefferson or Andris Biedrins instead of Rafael Araujo.

4) Drafting Ron Artest instead of Aleksander Radojevic.

5) Drafting Carlos Boozer or Tayshaun Prince instead of Kareem Rush.

6) Drafting Danny Granger over Joey Graham and Charlie V over Andrew Bynum in the same draft.

Wow, this is getting depressing.

LayZbone
03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
wow i didnt read this one i only got lee and jameer though. ok considering that dont do the shaq for odom butler grant 1st pick. and keep the 3 point shooters we used to have

pg. nelson,damon jones
sg. wade,?
sf. butler,kapono
pf. odom,?
c. lee,?
that means were young and we have great players for years to come.
wow i wish we did this

uhh...dude we won a championship. why would you want to change anything up until that point? That Shaq trade was awesome for the Heat.

unwantedplayer
03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Celtics never trading Billups or JJ. Rondo is great, don't get me wrong. But imagine Rondo learning under Billups. :drool:

jimm120
03-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I'll rank them in order because I'd like the possibilities but the higher it is the more I'd want it to happen:

NY Knicks
1. Let Patrick Ewing stay in New York.
He'd finish out his career where he belonged and we'd get cap space.

2. Do not trade for Eddy Curry. Everyone knew he was a bust. Sure, he could shoot but the guy was always considered weak. Big contract and many picks were given away here.

3. Get a REAL # 2 scorer for Patrick Ewing in the 1990's. C'mon, John Starks for many years?!? Sure, we got Sprewell and Houston later on but Patrick was already in decline (but still good).

4. Not hire Isah Thomas. Not saying he was bad all-around. His drafting ability with the Knicks were superb. ALL of his picks (even the ones that didn't pan out) seemed as if they had potential. Still, the guy was horrible with trading. Just because NY has the money doesn't mean you trade for everyone with a big contract.

Ollie Tabooger
03-09-2009, 05:49 PM
bucks coulda got cp3 or deron williams instead of bogut, that woulda been tight. But then again, neither of them would stay in milwaukee so i guess ill just keep dreaming

_Sn1P3r_
03-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Draft Danny Granger instead of Joey G. Also, traded VC for AI. (I heard that AI was offered for VC before)

C-Bargs
PF-Bosh
SF-Granger
SG-AI
PG-Calderon

abe_froman
03-09-2009, 05:59 PM
where to begin

redo any draft over the past decade(besides '08)
hire different coaches than we did
trades,do whatever it might have took for kobe,gasol,kg,ect.,ect.

njnets88
03-09-2009, 06:05 PM
nets firing byron scott so quickly after the team was in a slump eventhough frank came in and started a nice run of about 20 games he hasnt done much since

Baller1
03-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Never let ****ing Bennett take the Sonics away.

the_watcher
03-09-2009, 06:21 PM
1996 NBA Draft, With the 5th pick the Minnesota Timberwolves select Ray Allen, shooting guard from UConn. Then they proceed to trade his draft rights to the Milwaukee Bucks for the rights to the #4 pick... Georgia Tech point guard Stephon Marbury...

Now 13 years later, I would absolutely call for a mulligan on this move.

pd7631
03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm a little embarassed by what my fellow Sixer fans have said on this subject....

the Chris Webber trade was not even close to being the worst move this franchise made. Getting rid of Kenny Thomas ended up being the best part of that trade. I'm pretty sure Kings fans are still complaining about having him to this day.

drafting Kobe instead of AI would have been good if we could see into the future, but I'm certainly not gonna complain about drafting AI #1 overall because he made the Sixers relevant again in Philly, and he took us to the Finals. The guy is a future Hall of Famer....clearly not a bad pick

Ok, now there are two things that really stick out in my mind when it comes to horrible moves by the Sixers over the last 25 years...

1.) "Charles Barkley Trade"- he was traded to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for Jeff Hornacek, Tim Perry and Andrew Lang

2.) In the 1998 Draft the Sixers took Larry Hughes #8 overall and passed on Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce. It kills me to think what might have been with a combo of AI and Dirk or AI and Pierce

toronto_JazzFan
03-09-2009, 06:39 PM

thats why wade has a championship and melo doesnt right?

toronto_JazzFan
03-09-2009, 06:42 PM
i also dont like what some of these raptors fans are saying , but the worst move in toronto history evry1 knows this already but w.e VINCE carter for players who arent even in the league today. second to that was letting T-mac go.