PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats Show Toughness, Makings of a Playoff Team

DerekRE_3
03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Latest article I have written, this one features the 2nd hottest team in the NBA (Utah Jazz being the hottest). The Bobcats have won 5 straight (3 of them being on the road) and are 1 1/2 games out of the playoffs as of last night. What do you think of the job Larry Brown has done with the team, and will they make the playoffs this year?

Article is here:
http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/03/07/bobcats-show-toughness-makings-of-a-playoff-team/

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 09:04 PM
no. no true star that takes shots at crunch time and bad bench.

cantstopthee
03-07-2009, 09:06 PM

lmao

you dont need a star/stars on your team to be good

DerekRE_3
03-07-2009, 09:07 PM

Here's the thing, they do have a guy that excels in crunch time, his name is Raymond Felton. The guy works at his best when the clock is winding down. Also, you don't need a superstar to win if you play as a team, which the Bobcats do.

And did you read the article?

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 09:07 PM
lmao

you dont need a star/stars on your team to be good

but you do need a bench and a guy to take the shots in crunch time and they have neither

DerekRE_3
03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
but you do need a bench and a guy to take the shots in crunch time and they have neither

DJ Augustin has been great off the bench for them, Vlad can shoot, Cartier Martin has been a surprise, Juwan Howard has shown he still has something left in the tank, and Gana Diop has been playing great basketball lately. They have a bench. I think you are referring to the Bobcats team that started the season.

And Raja Bell isn't afraid to take big shots, neither is Raymond Felton and Emeka Okafor has one of the highest field goal percentages in the 4th quarter.

cantstopthee
03-07-2009, 09:11 PM

again you would like to have a bench,but its not going to kill you.

the pistons showed both,no stars,they had no bench for a few years

GoatMilk
03-07-2009, 09:16 PM
the Bobcats are a star player away from really doing something.
they got great role players and a great coach.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 09:18 PM
DJ Augustin has been great off the bench for them, Vlad can shoot, Cartier Martin has been a surprise, Juwan Howard has shown he still has something left in the tank, and Gana Diop has been playing great basketball lately. They have a bench. I think you are referring to the Bobcats team that started the season.

And Raja Bell isn't afraid to take big shots, neither is Raymond Felton and Emeka Okafor has one of the highest field goal percentages in the 4th quarter.

key word is lately for most of those guys. you wont make the playoffs. bulls will get that 8 seed and lose in 4. sig bet?

MJ-BULLS
03-07-2009, 09:18 PM
There a good team but they need a star player

MJ-BULLS
03-07-2009, 09:20 PM
key word is lately for most of those guys. You wont make the playoffs. Bulls will get that 8 seed and lose in 4. Sig bet?

agree with bulls making the playoffs, but not get swept in 4

DerekRE_3
03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
key word is lately for most of those guys. you wont make the playoffs. bulls will get that 8 seed and lose in 4. sig bet?

Guess you missed the Bobcats spanking of the Bulls 96-80, and you missed them beating the Hawks 98-91. The Bobcats play defense, they move the ball, and they play smart. They play like a playoff team.

And yes, the key word is lately...making a run to make the playoffs is about clicking at the right time,and that's exactly what the Bobcats are doing. You just proved my point.

madiaz3
03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm still hoping for the Knicks to make the 8th, if the Bobcats hope to make the playoffs they have to be able to beat us on the road. This game is the make or break for both teams imo.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 09:23 PM
8-13 in the east are seperated by 2.5 games. Crazy. I have no idea who will make it. I'm kinda pulling for the bobcats for some reason.

oldenpolynice
03-08-2009, 03:33 AM
Guess you missed the Bobcats spanking of the Bulls 96-80, and you missed them beating the Hawks 98-91. The Bobcats play defense, they move the ball, and they play smart. They play like a playoff team.

And yes, the key word is lately...making a run to make the playoffs is about clicking at the right time,and that's exactly what the Bobcats are doing. You just proved my point.

Great point. You just have to get hot at the right time. The Bobcats are a great fundamental team. They don't try to do too much, just stay within their game and maximize their opportunities. I like what Larry Brown has done with this team.

S.J.Basketball
03-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Bobcats have won 6 straight, but there are like 5 teams fighting for the 6, 7, and 8 spots right now so it's gonna be interesting.

Chronz
03-08-2009, 05:44 AM
With the way Brad Miller has been playing I dont know if the Bobcats got what it takes but they are definitely making progress, I just dont think its progress they can build on heading towards next season, Felton and Augustine arent going to cut it as a backcourt pairing in this league and you need someone to fill the void by Raja Bell as he declines, Emeka and Wallace will be solid for a few more years but Diop and Nazr arent worth their contracts. Diaw is meh, I dont like their nucleus at all. Augustine shows promise but whos the 2 next year?

DerekRE_3
03-08-2009, 05:47 AM
With the way Brad Miller has been playing I dont know if the Bobcats got what it takes but they are definitely making progress, I just dont think its progress they can build on heading towards next season, Felton and Augustine arent going to cut it as a backcourt pairing in this league and you need someone to fill the void by Raja Bell as he declines, Emeka and Wallace will be solid for a few more years but Diop and Nazr arent worth their contracts. Diaw is meh, I dont like their nucleus at all. Augustine shows promise but whos the 2 next year?

1) Have you seen Felton this year? He has been very good, tonight he had 19 points, 10 assists, and 6 boards. Same goes to Augustin, he's been very solid, especially for a rookie point guard.

2) Diaw is WAY better than meh...had 13 points and 13 assists against the Hawks and had 22 points tonight. He can score in the post, he can drive, he can pass, and he's shooting over 40% from the 3 point line. He is one of the most versatile offensive players in the game.

op12
03-08-2009, 12:47 PM
i think they can do it and would put up a better fight than most of the other teams fighting for the #8, especially if they play the celtics. i dont think they would match up as well against the cavs. either way if they make the playoffs i will go to at least 1 game.

BullsNumber1Fan
03-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I think it is going to come down to the Bobcats and Bulls for the 8th seed. The Bobcats have been playing REALLY well as of late, but so have the Bulls. The Bulls are 10-7 over the last 17 games, which isn't exactly bad. What will decide if the Bulls can make the playoffs or not is our next 7 games where we play @Miami, @Orlando, @Philidelphia, New Orleans, Boston, @Oklahoma City, Los Angeles. If we can go 3-4 during this stretch of games, I can almost guarantee that the Bulls will make the playofs.

pippsux
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM
If you give Larry Brown a team, no egos and attitudes and control of who gets traded and who doesn't, he will get it done. He is pound for pound the best coach in the NBA. Not Phil Jackson not Greg Popovitch. Ask Piston fans how many titles or finals they reached with him as coach, ask AI how many finals he has been to since the Philly days.

I think they will sneak in and make their coach look great again, then he leaves in 2 years to coach a college program.

heyman321
03-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I am hoping they make the playoffs. It would be nice to see them there for the first time.

Kakaroach
03-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Bobcats will prolly make the playoffs this year. Boris Diaw has been crazy good. He's the best Point Forward since Magic Johnson.

Durant is hype
03-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Bobcats will prolly make the playoffs this year. Boris Diaw has been crazy good. He's the best Point Forward since Magic Johnson.

Have you heard of Lebron James.

Kakaroach
03-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Have you heard of Lebron James. Yes, I have actually. LeBron is very good at being a Point Forward too. But he doesn't direct an offense like a PG. Diaw can.

JJ81
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Radmanovic saved them... bow down.

sixer04fan
03-08-2009, 02:18 PM
1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Hawks
5. Heat
6. Pistons
7. Sixers
8. Bobcats

That's it, write this down and check back with me come playoff time.

IndyRealist
03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Sadly for my Pacers, the Bobcats are putting it together night in and night out. The last trade did make the Bulls very good though, and it's a tossup whether Charlotte can get enough wins to unseat the Bulls. Their best chance was obviously the decline of Pistons and Sixers, but with Iverson out Detriot's picked it back up, and the Sixers are holding their ground, for now.

BullsNumber1Fan
03-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Sadly for my Pacers, the Bobcats are putting it together night in and night out. The last trade did make the Bulls very good though, and it's a tossup whether Charlotte can get enough wins to unseat the Bulls. Their best chance was obviously the decline of Pistons and Sixers, but with Iverson out Detriot's picked it back up, and the Sixers are holding their ground, for now.

I agree. This is what I HOPE happens this year:

1. Celtics
2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Hawks
5. Heat
6. 76ers
7. Bulls
8. Bobcats

9. Pistons
10. Nets/Bucks

Again, this is what I HOPE happens. This would be awesome for the league IMO to have a lot of up-and-coming teams (Hawks, Heat, 76ers, Bulls, Bobcats) make the playoffs and get experience.

Sportfan
03-08-2009, 04:17 PM
i like the bobcats IMO they finish 9th

Sportfan
03-08-2009, 04:17 PM
i really hope they do make it

cantstopthee
03-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I agree. This is what I HOPE happens this year:

1. Celtics
2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Hawks
5. Heat
6. 76ers
7. Bulls
8. Bobcats

9. Pistons
10. Nets/Bucks

Again, this is what I HOPE happens. This would be awesome for the league IMO to have a lot of up-and-coming teams (Hawks, Heat, 76ers, Bulls, Bobcats) make the playoffs and get experience.
pistons will make the playoffs.hands down.

Chronz
03-08-2009, 04:30 PM
1) Have you seen Felton this year? He has been very good, tonight he had 19 points, 10 assists, and 6 boards. Same goes to Augustin, he's been very solid, especially for a rookie point guard.

2) Diaw is WAY better than meh...had 13 points and 13 assists against the Hawks and had 22 points tonight. He can score in the post, he can drive, he can pass, and he's shooting over 40% from the 3 point line. He is one of the most versatile offensive players in the game.
Felton has been doing good of late but I like to look at the entire season to establish the caliber of a player. Felton is a chucker though playing alongside Augustine has helped both of their games.

The starting frontcourt is set, you could do alot worse than those 3 but your backcourt is midget small and Raja isnt what he used to be. Diaw is strictly meh material, hes shooting 40% but his turnover rate is absurdly high and his mid range game is non-existent. He can take advantage of certain matchups in the post. Overall hes a good piece for you guys but if hes going to be this much of a primary player for you then your team is lacking enough offensive weapons to be a decent offensive team. You need upgrades, unless your satisfied with being a basement team in the East. You could say all sort of nice things about every team in the mix for the playoffs, but big picture there is a reason theyve done so poorly thus far. The trade helped you guys but it didnt add any huge amount of upside to next years club.

Kakaroach
03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
I agree with Chronz, even though they have good defense and a great coach, they need more scoring. Boris Diaw, D.J. Augustin and Emeka Okafor are excellent building blocks though.

braveniler58
03-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Yep, they're in the East. Playoff team.

BullsNumber1Fan
03-08-2009, 08:15 PM
pistons will make the playoffs.hands down.

And were you saying that last week when your team lost 8 straight games? Didn't think so! And once AI comes back, you know he is giong to ruin the Pisons chemistry right? That's what happened earlier in the year, what makes you think anything will change once he comes back? The Bobcats are only 4 games behind Detroit at the moment and the Bulls 3 games behind. Crazier things have happend, so don't say hands down buddy(d.u.m.b.a.s.s)!

dee279
03-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I dont think they will but they might

mrblisterdundee
03-08-2009, 08:46 PM
The Bobcats have a great developing team. It's up in the air whether they can make the playoffs. The records of teams on the fringes of the playoffs are all close. Derrick Rose isn't going to let CHicago fall off. The core of Devin Harris, Vince Carter, and Brook Lopez are going to be hard to pass in the rankings. Philadelphia might have actually gotten lucky with Elton Brand's injury, because now Thadeus Young can show everybody how good he is. With Igoudala, Miller, Young and Dalambert, the 76'ers are going to be hard to pass.

dolfan720
03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
go bobcat I hope they get the 8th seed that will be there first ever playoff apperience right?