PDA

View Full Version : All-Overrated Team

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 07:58 PM
PG: Jose Calderon

SG: Allen Iverson

SF: Rashard Lewis - Mainly overpaid, couldn't think of any others.

PF: Chris Bosh

C: Dwight Howard

superkegger
03-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow, shocker. The biggest yao fan on the sight calls dwight howard overrated. I am stunned. :rolleyes:

kvrnm
03-07-2009, 08:00 PM
your gonna get bashed for the calderon and bosh picks.... that said i agree with you on them, there ovvereated on this site mainly by raps fans.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't read the boards too much, and I haven't been here too long. I can already tell you Bosh and Calderon are extremely overrated especially towards Stat freaks.

People don't realize that all of Calderon assists are not the drive and kick out assists like you see a Chris Paul, Steve Nash or Deron Williams doing. His assists is just pass it to a 3 point shooter-shoot-make and get assist. It's a joke how he gets assists.

Hoopsadvocate
03-07-2009, 08:02 PM
pg: Jose Calderon
sg: Allen Iverson (at this stage in his career neways)
sf: Shawn Marion
pf: Kevin Garnett (at this stage in his career neways)
c: Andrew Bynum

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 08:02 PM
These threads never last long.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't agree about Bynum. I think Laker fans are the ones that overrate him though, his haters underrate him, Kind of happens with a lot of players though.

I don't agree about KG, He is actually underrated now-a-days. People don't realize that he doesn't have to lead the team by scoring all the points and getting all the offensive stats. He is taking on the Bill Russell role, which is lead with his defense, intensity and rebounding. Russell did win 11 rings that way.

kvrnm
03-07-2009, 08:04 PM

kg is in no way overrated

kswissdaf
03-07-2009, 08:06 PM

This list is horrible. How is Jose overrated nobody ever talks about him he is underrated. How is AI overrated ppl r saying the pistons are better off without him and no they are not he is underrated. Lewis is guess but not really. BOSH
really how a 20 and 10 guy and isnt really mentioned as a top 15 player. HOW IS HOWARD OVERRATED R U HIGHHHHHHHHH. the most dominate things since shaq

Sidious
03-07-2009, 08:07 PM
some of these lists make no sense. KG, Bynum, and Dwight Howard are not overrated. KG is a MVP, DPOY, Champion, good shooter, and etc; no way is he overrated.

When healthy, Bynum is a beast.

And Superman? Leads the league in blocks and rebounds.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 08:08 PM

I have to disagree with marion. I don't think anyone rates him very high anymore. He went from underrated in phoenix, to way overrated because people talked about how underrated he was, and then got traded, and we saw how overrated he was, and now, everyone thinks he's pretty much trash. So I really don't think he's overrated any longer by anyone except shawn marion.

And Bynum isn't overrated anymore. He was in the offseason, but people now realize he is what he is, a big body in the paint that can board, deter people from driving, and block shots, and he also has a nice little offensive game, that when the matchups are right and he's feeling it, can be effective. I don't think anyone but incredibly dillisional laker fans are overrating him anymore.

bctgg27
03-07-2009, 08:08 PM
dwight howard is not even close to being overrated. He is one of the top players in the NBA and deserves to be considered as one of the greats in the game today.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:09 PM
This list is horrible. How is Jose overrated nobody ever talks about him he is underrated. How is AI overrated ppl r saying the pistons are better off without him and no they are not he is underrated. Lewis is guess but not really. BOSH
really how a 20 and 10 guy and isnt really mentioned as a top 15 player. HOW IS HOWARD OVERRATED R U HIGHHHHHHHHH. the most dominate things since shaq
Except Howard isn't dominating the LEAGUE, he dominates scrubs. If he was dominating the league he would have no problem against the Yao Ming's or The Shaq's.

Again, I already said why Jose is overrated, see post above.

As for Iverson, you do know they are below .500 with him playing right? Clearly they are better with his no defense, ball-hog ***.

Bosh? He's not a 20/10 guy, Sorry. He is unable to average 10 RPG despite playing so many minutes because he's as soft as charmin. Shaq didn't call him Rupaul for no reason.

greatest9
03-07-2009, 08:10 PM
i can already tell you that u are a dork. Bosh, nor calderon, nor AI, nor Howard are overated... how can they even be overrated?? calderon was barely recognized as a solid point guard last year. nobody said he was the best, but he is solid. So what if he he pasess it to 3 point shooters, he still gets the ball in their hands. nobody said he was in the same category as CP3. How is Bosh overrated?? the guy is sick on the offensive end. he may not be the best PF, but he is among elite. AI has had like three scoring titles, and i dont care what you say, you cant be overrated with three scoring titles. And last Howard...why would anybody listen to you when we already know your fantasy is to marry Yao's di.ck. Howard leads in rebounds and blocks, how is that overrated?? you couldnt prove that Yao was better than Dwight, so now you are tryna to prove he is overrated. Geez guy u cant be any more pathetic.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:10 PM
some of these lists make no sense. KG, Bynum, and Dwight Howard are not overrated. KG is a MVP, DPOY, Champion, good shooter, and etc; no way is he overrated.

When healthy, Bynum is a beast.

And Superman? Leads the league in blocks and rebounds.
Howard is overrated, KG and Bynum aren't though. Sorry, but even Ben Wallace was able to lead the league in rebounding and blocks. I believe Marcus Camby too.

Sidious
03-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Dwight Howard > Shaq

Sidious
03-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Howard is overrated, KG and Bynum aren't though. Sorry, but even Ben Wallace was able to lead the league in rebounding and blocks. I believe Marcus Camby too.

Dude, when has Ben Wallace or Marcus Camby ever averaged 21 points in a season? Those players are STRICTLY defensive and rebounding players.

Dwight can get you points and he can defend.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Dude, when has Ben Wallace or Marcus Camby ever averaged 21 points in a season? Those players are STRICTLY defensive and rebounding players.

Dwight can get you points and he can defend.
Tell me who else on the Orlando Magic who can score in the post, not named Dwight Howard...

Marcin Gortat? :laugh2:

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Howard overrated?:speechless:

Hoopsadvocate
03-07-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't agree about Bynum. I think Laker fans are the ones that overrate him though, his haters underrate him, Kind of happens with a lot of players though.

I don't agree about KG, He is actually underrated now-a-days. People don't realize that he doesn't have to lead the team by scoring all the points and getting all the offensive stats. He is taking on the Bill Russell role, which is lead with his defense, intensity and rebounding. Russell did win 11 rings that way.

Bynum - hes not just overrated by lakers fans a lot of journalist were on his testicles the end of last season and beginning of this season so i stick by that.

KG - I really couldnt think of another PF to put in there KG kinda went in there by default almost i believe he is somewhat overrated but not much. I agree with what you said him being a leader and intense blah blah blah. But not a top 10 player as some people like to put him he makes a difference to his team defensively yes but he is not that amazing as many people not just Celtics fans make him out to be. He helps a stacked Boston line up to a championship and is OMG so great but when he had help before with cassel and spreewell and wally ( just as much help as lebron has with the C's btw if not more) he couldnt get out the first round. Chauncey billups by contrast
had no stars in Detroit led them to a championship and then went to a underachieving nuggets team and made them contenders. KG is good just not that amazing to be placed as a top 10 MVP bill Russel comparison that credit deserves to be given to a guy like Chauncey Billups. Thats why i said KG

The Answer3
03-07-2009, 08:18 PM
For those who don't know about the poster "RealistRocket34", he's the same person who trolls about how Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard, T-Mac isn't a point forward etc on other forums. He has a legacy for trolling on ISH where he was known as tmacyaokobe01, DreamYaoTmac and recently DreamShaker(?) or something like that. The man has a mission to troll on message boards.

"TEH YAO TEH GOAT, HE SO TALL".

superkegger
03-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Howard overrated?:speechless:

but its coming from the biggest yao nut hugger this site has seen in sometime, so take it with a grain of salt when he says dwight is overrated.

Sidious
Tell me who else on the Orlando Magic who can score in the post, not named Dwight Howard...

You're not making sense. You tried to compare him to Marcus Camby and Ben Wallace when neither of those two have an offensive game. Lewis can post, Hedo can post....what difference does that make?

Name me ONE center in the NBA thats better than Howard...ONE.

RealistRocket34
For those who don't know about the poster "RealistRocket34", he's the same person who trolls about how Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard, T-Mac isn't a point forward etc on other forums. He has a legacy for trolling on ISH where he was known as tmacyaokobe01, DreamYaoTmac and recently DreamShaker(?) or something like that. The man has a mission to troll on message boards.

:confused: I don't get it. If you are just trying to get me banned, you gotta do better than lie.

You're not making sense. You tried to compare him to Marcus Camby and Ben Wallace when neither of those to have an offensive game. Lewis can post, Hedo can post....what difference does that make?

Name me ONE center in the NBA thats better than Howard...ONE.
Yao Ming.... and No, neither of those losers can post. And even if they do post, expect a fadeaway.

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 08:20 PM

"TEH YAO TEH GOAT, HE SO TALL".

I have noticed he is really pumped about Yao.:laugh2:

greatest9
03-07-2009, 08:21 PM
realist rocket u are gay

greatest9
you have no legit points, you just say he is better

Frrrrank!!!
but its coming from the biggest yao nut hugger this site has seen in sometime, so take it with a grain of salt when he says dwight is overrated.

:laugh2:

greatest9
and then you report me cuz you cant you cant handle the facts

Sidious
03-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Yao Ming.... and No, neither of those losers can post. And even if they do post, expect a fadeaway.

Yao is good but he's marshmellowy soft and he's injury prone.

The Answer3
03-07-2009, 08:23 PM
:confused: I don't get it. If you are just trying to get me banned, you gotta do better than lie.

Drop the act dude. I'm not trying to get you banned btw. Thread you made on PSD is the same you made on ISH:
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120542

You've made the same thread on PSD in the NBA comparison section. Congrats.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Yao is good but he's marshmellowy soft and he's injury prone.
Yeah, he's so soft. Just look at Howard's head to head stats v.s Yao. :rolleyes:

Drop the act dude. I'm not trying to get you banned btw. Thread you made on PSD is the same you made on ISH:

Another lie. You fail, Cryverson fan.

IRUAM #21
03-07-2009, 08:25 PM
realist rocket u are gay

The Answer3
03-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, he's so soft. Just look at Howard's head to head stats v.s Yao. :rolleyes:

Another lie. You fail, Cryverson fan.

You got exposed pretty bad. So, I wouldn't expect a better comeback.
Here's another one of his "Yao Ming Vs Dwight Howard" threads:
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120223

Vinny642
03-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Guys click the link in the post plz vote for which is gonna be my sig.
Also whoa Dwight isn't overrated lol

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:28 PM
You got exposed pretty bad. So, I wouldn't expect a better comeback.
Except I'm not that person. It's quite pathetic that an Allen Iverson nut hugger had to resort to trying to expose of somebody I'm not to get me banned.

I'm guessing, there's too many facts to backup Iverson is a cancer, piece of garbage, crap, overrated, cancer, loser, The Answer3, Loser, Cancer, POS, Crap, Loser, Cancer, etc....

superkegger
03-07-2009, 08:29 PM

haha. nice.

from the other site:

Give me any player and I will give them their closest player comparison in terms of style, Just don't give me any complete scrubs. Give me a player who is an actual somebody in the league and contributes to their team.

On psd:

Give me any player and I will give them their closest player resemblance. No scrubs either, they have to actual contribute to their team. They cannot be bench warmers they have to a role.

:laugh:

Sportfan
03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
wtf? calderon should be on the all-underrated team lol

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 08:33 PM
haha. nice.

from the other site:

On psd:

SlaterRaps
03-07-2009, 08:37 PM

what does him being the only scorer inside have to do with him being overrated

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:40 PM
what does him being the only scorer inside have to do with him being overrated
Inflated stats, Zero post moves will eventually hurt him, take a look at Amare.

Spridge 76
03-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Not sure if this thread still relates to the original topic or not. It now just appears to be a bash the billy-no-mates guy thread?!?

In my opinion, Jordan is the most over-rated of all time by some people.
If you believe some of the stories, he taught Jesus to walk on water whilst hitting the game winner.

I also can't believe of all the current players, no one has mentioned Melo? Surely if you look in the dictionary under "over-rated" you would find a picture of him???

EX-TREME
03-07-2009, 08:54 PM

marcin gortat , shard ( he has improved his post play),tony battie

Mane
03-07-2009, 08:56 PM
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: Lebron James
PF: Kevin Garnett

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:57 PM
marcin gortat , shard ( he has improved his post play),tony battie
Everytime I watch the Magic, The only thing I see Battie do is shoot mid-range jumpers on offense. Shard is pretty good in the post, but he doesn't post up as much as he should.

I guess I'll have to blame the coach for stat padding Dwight.

EX-TREME
03-07-2009, 09:00 PM

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Everytime I watch the Magic, The only thing I see Battie do is shoot mid-range jumpers on offense. Shard is pretty good in the post, but he doesn't post up as much as he should.

Stat padding? Why not go to Howard down low? He is a tank! This thread confuses me.:(

EX-TREME
03-07-2009, 09:07 PM

ok maybe you are right about battie shooting jumpers but he still got a decent post game. shard is posting up more. not much as he should do but atleast something . he doesn't camp on the three point line like he used to do.

EX-TREME
03-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Stat padding? Why not go to Howard down low? He is a tank! This thread confuses me.:(

thank you.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 09:11 PM

That's cause you don't get basketball. The goal is to actually have your players play out of their comfort zone and not do what their strengths are.

Oh, wait, thats not true, at all. Sending Dwight down low, where very few people can stop his strength and athleticism to get easy baskets is actually very smart. Considering not only does he get easy hoops, which is exactly what you urge your players to do, get the easiest possible shot. Not only that, because Dwight is such an unstoppable force, he gets fouled more than any other NBA player.

1st in defensive rating
1st in defensive win shares
4th in defensive rebounding percentage
3rd in offensive rebounding percentage
1st in total rebound percentage
1st in blocks
5th in block percentage
11th in offensive win shares
6th in overall win shares
4th in PER.

Yeah, overrated. :rolleyes:

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Stats are also overrated.....

carruthers32
03-07-2009, 09:14 PM

wow....are you serious dude? all 5 of those players are definatley not overrated, i would say Jose Calderon is underrated.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 09:15 PM

especially when they disprove you. convenient argument.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
wow....are you serious dude? all 5 of those players are definatley not overrated, i would say Jose Calderon is underrated.
How So? He isn't even better than T.J Ford. His assists are vastly overrated, it's not like he drives and kicks it out like Chris Paul does.

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 09:56 PM

I don't know if I missed it, but can you lay out why Howard is overrated? Please tell me why.

GSW fan
03-07-2009, 09:58 PM
RealistRocket is a straight up chumpkid

swear to god if another thread about howard suking or yao being the greatest comes ou, I will hunt you down.

Ban This MoFo

baller1532
03-07-2009, 10:01 PM
kobe, not ai. kobe is great, but no where near mj like most people say

Mckphins
03-07-2009, 10:17 PM
RealistRocket is a straight up chumpkid

swear to god if another thread about howard suking or yao being the greatest comes ou, I will hunt you down.

Ban This MoFo

Im with you dude im gettin sick of this guy. I think someone should start a petition thread to get this guy banned. I think it would be huge response. Dont think theirs one guy who likes him, and he just has the biggest man crush on yao.

Oh yaos overrated!:laugh:

Brooke
03-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Howard is not overrated at all. The guy is a beast

Yao is a good player BUT he is very injury prone

KeithLBC
03-07-2009, 10:23 PM
especially when they disprove you. convenient argument.

This kid's 16, what do you expect.

He called me a loser in a PM because I answered in an old thread that Howard was the top big man in the league :shrug:

When I told him in another PM that I thought Yao is the top guy for now, all of a sudden I'm the man :p

RaptorsFanatic
03-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow, this sus actually thinks DWARD IS OVERRATED. LOL LOLOLOLOLOL.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 10:27 PM
This kid's 16, what do you expect.

He called me a loser in a PM because I answered in an old thread that Howard was the top big man in the league :shrug:

When I told him in another PM that I thought Yao is the top guy for now, all of a sudden I'm the man :p

If you looked at those links the answer 3 posted, the 2nd one in particular, it's hilarious to read what he said. he doesn't even make arguments, he just calls people ******** and stupid for not thinking yao is the top C in the leauge. Yet never shows any reasons to why. It's people like this that piss me off. They have 0 objectivity, and are only out to prove a point, not actually have a discussion/conversation about it, just ot prove that they are right by insisting and being the loudest about it, basically he's to yao what bill o'reilly is to the republican party.

KeithLBC
03-07-2009, 10:30 PM
If you looked at those links the answer 3 posted, the 2nd one in particular, it's hilarious to read what he said. he doesn't even make arguments, he just calls people ******** and stupid for not thinking yao is the top C in the leauge. Yet never shows any reasons to why. It's people like this that piss me off. They have 0 objectivity, and are only out to prove a point, not actually have a discussion/conversation about it, just ot prove that they are right by insisting and being the loudest about it, basically he's to yao what bill o'reilly is to the republican party.

I know, I've experienced it.

I posted in a thread that he posted in where he was arguing about Yao & Howard, so he repeatedly sends me PM's asking who I think is the top big man. I asked him his age before I'd respond, just because I though he sounded young in his arguements. I didn't respond in time so he looks up a previous post of mine saying Howard's the top big guy, then sends me a PM calling me a loser.

I wanted nothing to do with him or his childish games, yet he drags me into it, then calls me a loser because I had previously said Howard.

It's VERY annoying, but I've resorted to putting him on my ignore list :shrug:

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Your obsession with me has gone beyond homo. Please take it else where, we are talking about overrated players. Not me.

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 10:34 PM
RealistRocket34 is an overrated poster.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 10:35 PM
I know, I experienced it.

I posted in a thread he posted in, so he repeatedly sends me PM's asking who I think is the top big man. I asked him his age before I'd respond. I didn't respond in time so he looks up a previous post of mine saying Howard's the top big guy, then sends me a PM calling me a loser.

I wanted nothing to do with him or his childish games, yet he drags me into it, then calls me a loser because I had previously said Howard.

It's VERY annoying, but I've resorted to putting him on my ignore list :shrug:

yeah, i should probably do the same thing, but this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/52658753@N00/2485486555/) kinda sums it up. I have a hard time letting it go.

Mckphins
03-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Realist rocket isnt even a rated poster. No one listens to him.

Sent me a personal message laughing at me being from new zealand

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 10:37 PM
yeah, i should probably do the same thing, but this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/52658753@N00/2485486555/) kinda sums it up. I have a hard time letting it go.

:laugh2: So true.

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Realist rocket isnt even a rated poster. No one listens to him.

Sent me a personal message laughing at me being from new zealand

That was the point, he is overrated even though everyone thinks he is awful. Meaning he really struggles.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Mods need to clean up this thread.

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Mods need to clean up this thread.

You still haven't said why Howard is overrated. I'm waiting...

Mane
03-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Kobes overrated, Jordan was overrated, Magic was overrated, NBA is overrated.

Pops Mensah-Bonsu is underrated, as is the d-league.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 10:42 PM
You still haven't said why Howard is overrated. I'm waiting...
People say he's the best center in the league and that's false. Is that a good answer? How about the fact that he gets absolutely crushed when he plays Yao and Shaq? And how about the fact that he has zero offensive game?

superkegger
03-07-2009, 10:43 PM

Pops Mensah-Bonsu is underrated, as is the d-league.

this is why mane>all.

/thread

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 10:44 PM
People say he's the best center in the league and that's false. Is that a good answer? How about the fact that he gets absolutely crushed when he plays Yao and Shaq? And how about the fact that he has zero offensive game?

Zero offensive game? 21 ppg mean anything to you?

Brooke
03-07-2009, 10:44 PM
zero offensive game? You cant be freaking serious

Mane
03-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Pops Mensah Bonsu is the greatest player in basketball history.

Right before Skip to my Lou, Hot Sauce, and Escalade.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Nope, means nothing to me. Just kidding.

But his offensive game needs work, he relies way too much on athletic ability. I actually meant zero skill on offense.

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Nope, means nothing to me. Just kidding.

But his offensive game needs work, he relies way too much on athletic ability. I actually meant zero skill on offense.

Skill has nothing to do with anything, Shaq doesn't really have skill. You don't need skill when you're 7 feet 280 lbs of muscle. You just dunk, hell I probably have more offensive skill then Howard, but I'm 5'11" and unathletic.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Skill has nothing to do with anything, Shaq doesn't really have skill. You don't need skill when you're 7 feet 280 lbs of muscle. You just dunk, hell I probably have more offensive skill then Howard, but I'm 5'11" and unathletic.

So true. I don't know why dwight continually gets ridiculed for using his athleticism effectively. Does his offensive game have the polish that Yao's does? Of course not. Is Dwight's game just as, if not more effective than Yao's? Yes. What does it matter. Dennis Rodman was a phenomenal athlete, and while not an offensive player, his athleticism and will is what made him the player he was. Sure dwight will lose a step or two at some point, but he's got a long time before that happens, I'm sure he'll pick up a move or two between now and then. BUt right now, he does what he does very well, very effectively, and he is leading his team to being the 4th or 5th best team in the NBA. Not too shabby for being just an overated 23 year old athlete eh?

Frrrrank!!!
03-07-2009, 11:00 PM
So true. I don't know why dwight continually gets ridiculed for using his athleticism effectively. Does his offensive game have the polish that Yao's does? Of course not. Is Dwight's game just as, if not more effective than Yao's? Yes. What does it matter. Dennis Rodman was a phenomenal athlete, and while not an offensive player, his athleticism and will is what made him the player he was. Sure dwight will lose a step or two at some point, but he's got a long time before that happens, I'm sure he'll pick up a move or two between now and then. BUt right now, he does what he does very well, very effectively, and he is leading his team to being the 4th or 5th best team in the NBA. Not too shabby for being just an overated 23 year old athlete eh?

Yea, not to bad at all. What does Realistrocket want Howard to do, step back for his 3 pointers?:confused: Skill honestly means nothing, I've gotten into arguments about this before with my friends. I have more skill than Shaq, I can hit a jumper and he can't. Which proves skill means nothing, because if I played Howard 1 on 1 I'd be raped.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Sorry, but Shaq actually had hook shots and actually had great touch, but like you who never watched him play really underrate Shaq's offensive skill.

Howard is not even a player that relies on power, if anything he relies on finesse and quickness much more.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Yea, not to bad at all. What does Realistrocket want Howard to do, step back for his 3 pointers?:confused: Skill honestly means nothing, I've gotten into arguments about this before with my friends. I have more skill than Shaq, I can hit a jumper and he can't. Which proves skill means nothing, because if I played Howard 1 on 1 I'd be raped.

this is getting scary, I've agreed with a celtics fan on an NBA topic like 3 straight days now. :faint:

ragee
03-07-2009, 11:48 PM

C: Dwight Howardt

You know who is being overrated? Yao! By you!!! Such a homer comment... Dwight overrated? I know you are a Yao fan but can you really be that close minded? How can the league's top rebounder and shot blocker be overrated? Yes, stats does not really say everything but it says a lot as well... Do note that his teammates are able to shoot that much 3s because of his presence.... Their defense is working because of him too! How can you say that he is being overrated? Because he is a freak inside and dunks over a lot of people?!

If you are going to compare who is more overrated, Yao or Dwight, most people will say Yao... Coz he is an injury prone who is kind of soft... Gets blocked by small players even if he is so tall... Yes, Yao is a great player but again, I want to say to you, stop being a homer and accept Dwight is better... Quit sulking and making threads that say Dwight is overrated just because people did not agree with you that Yao is better than him on the other thread...

RealistRocket34
03-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Yeah, Yao is soft. Just look at how bad Dwight dominates him in the head to head matchusp :rolleyes:

FaceDown91
03-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah, Yao is soft. Just look at how bad Dwight dominates him in the head to head matchusp :rolleyes:

:laugh2: so that means yao is better?

also any over 7 feet tall player getting blocked by a 5'7 guy sucks. Is that true? no but im making a point.

Oh wait, he did get blocked by a 5'7 dude?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik

^^Yao=soft :pity:

akesh99
03-08-2009, 12:22 AM

dude you truly make the most rediculous arguments ever!!!! yao has the advantage head to head against almost any center in the league! he's 7'6' for gods sake!! for someone his size, he should be MUCH more efficient. howard uses his height and size very well and has a much better post game than yao. yes yao is more versatile, but he does not excel in any part of his game like howard does. you need to just stop with all this nonsense

Frrrrank!!!
03-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Sorry, but Shaq actually had hook shots and actually had great touch, but like you who never watched him play really underrate Shaq's offensive skill.

Howard is not even a player that relies on power, if anything he relies on finesse and quickness much more.

How do you know who I've watched? And I never said Shaq didn't have any skill, but was he the most dominate force ever by shooting hooks? No. He caught the ball in the post, backed his defender down and dunked. Sure he used hooks, but cmon.

And wtf is wrong with relying on "finesse and quickness"? You complain that Howard doesn't have much skill, you don't need skill when you are as tall and strong as Howard.

No one is saying Howard is the best center ever, but he is the best in the NBA right now and it is sad that you don't see that.

Frrrrank!!!
03-08-2009, 12:24 AM
this is getting scary, I've agreed with a celtics fan on an NBA topic like 3 straight days now. :faint:

Cue the x-files music.:D

juggla53
03-08-2009, 12:42 AM

They werent averageing 20 ppg like dwight was... your hate for dwight is hilarious. Other then gilbert arenas Yao is the most undependable player in the NBA, hes always hurt and even at full strength dwight is still better.

montazingmvp
03-08-2009, 01:27 AM
i have to agree with you when it comes to bosh...he is extremely overrated. he is often mentioned in the discussion when it comes to top 10 players in the nba, but imo he's not even close.

hear me out...all of the top 10 players in the league are capable of leading a team to having atleast a respectable record. bosh isn't. bosh is a fantasy beast. he puts up huge numbers. but what people fail to recognize is that he may score a lot, but he gives up even more. when a good big man is playing against him, you know they're in for a big night. bosh does one thing well on the court, and one thing only, that is score. this is what makes him a good player. but a great player (top 10 player) in the league can do more than 1 thing on the court. bosh is an abysmal rebounder, for his size and minutes. a terrible defender, and he has little to know passing skills. all he can do is score. he is the equivalent to maggette but at the power forward position. if a team wants to be succesful with bosh, he has to be the second man...not the first

montazingmvp
03-08-2009, 01:34 AM
dude you truly make the most rediculous arguments ever!!!! yao has the advantage head to head against almost any center in the league! he's 7'6' for gods sake!! for someone his size, he should be MUCH more efficient. howard uses his height and size very well and has a much better post game than yao. yes yao is more versatile, but he does not excel in any part of his game like howard does. you need to just stop with all this nonsense

being 7'6" give you some advantages but it also cripples you. there is not one 7'6" person that has ever existed that has quick feet, or that moves with fluidity. or that is extremely coordinated. yao is as coordinated as it gets for a man of his size. yao is better than howard. that is a fact. yao doesn't have the numbers that dwight has, but he brings the same presence and is an equal defender to dwight. yao, changes as many shots as dwight does, and that is a much more important stat than blocked shots because a given player will change more shots than blocked. yao also takes up more space in the middle which makes it difficult for penetration...

when healthy yao is the better player...but there lies the problem for yao

RealistRocket34
03-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Talk to me when you have an idea of what you are saying.

Nirvanaskurdt
03-08-2009, 02:03 AM
PG: Gilbert Arenas .. where'd he go? :confused:

SG: Caron Butler .. meh. :cool:

SF: Paul Pierce cause hes a girl and a shame to the game.. wines all day. :mad:

PF: Kevin Garnett.. he should play much better with his talent. AMARE OWNS YOU!!:smoking:

C: Perkins(cetlics) wtf is his first name? lol. :clap:

unwantedplayer
03-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Bosh is overrated? How? I understand Howard being overrated, but Bosh isn't.

unwantedplayer
03-08-2009, 02:15 AM

PF: Kevin Garnett.. he should play much better with his talent. AMARE OWNS YOU!!:smoking:

I'm surprised you didn't put the whole Celtics team up there. Wining all day doesn't make you overrated.

akesh99
03-08-2009, 02:19 AM

post after post people are throwing SOLID stats and info in your face and you have absolutely no rebuttle. all you can say is that yao is better but you have no evidence to back that up. yao may win in the head to heads, but that means absolutely nothing. there are many players in the nba who can neutralize another, but by no means does that make them the better player. the evidence is in the numbers. howard averages more points, rebounds and blocks - three KEY stats that make a good center. his team has a better record PLUS he is ahead in the mvp race. SO, not only is howard the better player, but he is more valuable to his team.

kidfury
03-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Howard is good absolutely no doubt, Yao is also good. How can he be over rated? If someone said Howard is equal to Michael Jordan than ya I'd agree you are over rating him.

Frrrrank!!!
03-08-2009, 03:04 AM

Sounds like you know what you are talking about in this post. Considering you're basing it off players crying and not knowing Perkins first name.:rolleyes:

RISE UP
03-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Everyone will disagree with me, but Lebron J.

RISE UP
03-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Ducan is boring...

Frrrrank!!!
03-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Everyone will disagree with me, but Lebron J.

Yeah, he sucks.:rolleyes:

Iggz53
03-08-2009, 03:37 AM
PG: Mike Bibby

SG: Vince Carter

SF: Shawn Marion

PF: LaMarcus Aldridge

C: Tyson Chandler

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Michael Redd
Josh Howard
Zach Randolph
David Lee

nickcamp15
03-08-2009, 04:00 AM
iverson is a hall of famer, to say he is overrated is a joke

ggg
03-08-2009, 04:15 AM
who does rebound in the magic's starting line up? lewis and turk? his defensive stats are a product of their line up as well.

IndyRealist
03-08-2009, 04:43 AM
PG: Rodney Stuckey. I just don't see what everyone else seems to, he's an undersized shooting guard trying to play point. They traded Chauncey to open up time for him?
SG: Jason Richardson. Volume scorer, no D. Not really better than Raja Bell, who he replaced, and makes like 3x the money.
SF: Michael Beasley. He's the #2 pick and coming off the bench behind Jamario Moon. OJ Mayo should have been drafted higher than him.
PF: Amar'e Stoudamire. Offensive machine, no D. You can't be the best in the league if you only play half the game. He has all the skills, just not the desire. His legacy will be a slew of stats, and zero rings. Seems to be all he cares about.
C: Jermaine O'Neal. It's sad that depth at C is so shallow these days that JO gets talked about as one of the better centers in the league. He's so much better as a PF.
Bench: Luol Deng, Rudy Gay, Ron Artest, Rashard Lewis, Ramon Sessions, Josh Howard, Baron Davis (I seem to be picking on SF's)

Yao is a great center. Howard is a great center. Which is better is debatable, and going 1 and 2 or 2 and 1 does not really underrate either one of them. I don't think Andrew Bynum is overrated anymore. Overpaid, yes. But not overrated. I've also been converted into a Rajon Rondo believer. He's not as good as Celtic fans make him out to be, but he is very good. Allen Iverson is not overrated since no one really thinks he's "the answer" anymore.

JNore151
03-08-2009, 04:48 AM

get da **** outta here wit dat bs.....and u ratted on greatest9 and got him bannd ......u have no valid points except for lewis he is over paid, but everyone knows , im a magic fan, and i kno dat, so how is he over rated?........... u a lame, son......

bigvdebo86
03-08-2009, 05:04 AM
this guy has no sence at all ai is undareated if anything

azkarraga
03-08-2009, 05:25 AM
i think he's the kid PP didn't highfive lol

Laker Legend42
03-08-2009, 05:28 AM
What??????

Laker Legend42
03-08-2009, 05:31 AM
I wouldn't say AI is overated. I will say he's almost imposible to work into any team concept. To bring AI in a team would have to change everything. If he has a monster game that means no one else is gonna touch the ball and the end result is normally a loss.

Mrphilly
03-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Why are u guys arguing with this 15 yr kid that says dumb stuff just to get people excited. Beat if buddy, your opinion is worthless.

You are a Houston fan, and you put A.I on that list before T. Mac. What a Joke.

JJ81
03-08-2009, 09:59 AM

:pity:Wow..

IRUAM #21
03-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Blount is better than Yao

Frezhnitz
03-08-2009, 12:35 PM
carmelo anthonty
Tracy Mcgrady

RealistRocket34
03-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Why are u guys arguing with this 15 yr kid that says dumb stuff just to get people excited. Beat if buddy, your opinion is worthless.

You are a Houston fan, and you put A.I on that list before T. Mac. What a Joke.
T-Mac is garbage, but A.I is bigger garbage.

Mane
03-08-2009, 02:11 PM
T-Mac is garbage, but A.I is bigger garbage.

I'm sure you're much better.

GodsSon
03-08-2009, 02:37 PM
lol T-Mac deserves a spot on that list easily

chonbon
03-08-2009, 02:39 PM
yao is good, but on the argument of dwight only using his natural athleticism? yao is using his natural ability, last time i checked being 7'6 n having a redwood for an *** is natural, and when u post up and back down players like matt bonner....yep, your a diminant player...

pg. mo williams
sg. kevin martin
sf. josh howard
pf. rasheed wallace
c. brad miller

WhatWould23Do
03-08-2009, 02:58 PM
In my opinion, Jordan is the most over-rated of all time by some people.

the rings, MVps, records, and endorsements say otherwise

LanceUpperCut
03-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't read the boards too much, and I haven't been here too long. I can already tell you Bosh and Calderon are extremely overrated especially towards Stat freaks.

People don't realize that all of Calderon assists are not the drive and kick out assists like you see a Chris Paul, Steve Nash or Deron Williams doing. His assists is just pass it to a 3 point shooter-shoot-make and get assist. It's a joke how he gets assists.

Just wondering how many raptor games you watch probly only when they play the rockets right.Anyway I don't think Jose gets alot of credit so I don't know how you say hes overated.

Tblaze
03-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm not going to bother making a list cause every single topic you've made on PSD is one to bring down Dwight Howard and make Yao the best center in the world. Please stop making threads.

RealistRocket34
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Does anybody even remember or think T-Mac is good anymore? Anybody who thinks he's good is beyond me, maybe when he's healthy though.

ragee
03-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Dude, I am a D-Will fan... He bullies CP3 around whenever they play... Does that mean D-Will is better (I would love that to happen but let us face it... Paul is the best PG right now)? Kidd once said that if Kidd and Marbury play one on one, Starbury will beat him... Does that mean Marbury was better than him?

Every time people say things against your Yao and positive things about Dwight, that is all that you say... Such a homer... Just look at at the reality... Statistics, Fans, the Media and everyone else except Rocket fans are saying Dwight is better than Yao! The only defense you can say is Yao dominates him when they face each other! Dwight is stronger, healthier, scores more points, grabs more rebounds and block more shots... He is the backbone of their offense and defense... Because of that, they are winning a lot of games... Yao has been in the league longer but yet to pass the first round... He is injured most of the time, gets blocked by small guys, and yet be a starting all-star every year... Now tell me who is overrated? Who is better? Just accept the truth and quit being a homer...

ragee
03-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Uh... how about you talk to us and start making threads again when YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING and you finally get get your head out of Yao's *$$!:laugh:

mrblisterdundee
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Tracy McGrady
SF: Danillo Gallinari
PF: Zach Randolph
C: Jermaine O'neal

bostncelts34
03-08-2009, 09:24 PM
SG: Tracy McGrady
SF: Danillo Gallinari
PF: Zach Randolph
C: Jermaine O'neal

How can Galinari or oneal be over rated when nobody thinks there anything great? lol. Please tell me. Same goes for t-mac too

lorenz00
03-08-2009, 09:38 PM
this is BS Calderon, Bosh OVerratdd you kidding me?

greatest10
03-08-2009, 09:56 PM
PG: Rodney Stuckey. I just don't see what everyone else seems to, he's an undersized shooting guard trying to play point. They traded Chauncey to open up time for him?
SG: Jason Richardson. Volume scorer, no D. Not really better than Raja Bell, who he replaced, and makes like 3x the money.
SF: Michael Beasley. He's the #2 pick and coming off the bench behind Jamario Moon. OJ Mayo should have been drafted higher than him.
PF: Amar'e Stoudamire. Offensive machine, no D. You can't be the best in the league if you only play half the game. He has all the skills, just not the desire. His legacy will be a slew of stats, and zero rings. Seems to be all he cares about.
C: Jermaine O'Neal. It's sad that depth at C is so shallow these days that JO gets talked about as one of the better centers in the league. He's so much better as a PF.
Bench: Luol Deng, Rudy Gay, Ron Artest, Rashard Lewis, Ramon Sessions, Josh Howard, Baron Davis (I seem to be picking on SF's)

Yao is a great center. Howard is a great center. Which is better is debatable, and going 1 and 2 or 2 and 1 does not really underrate either one of them. I don't think Andrew Bynum is overrated anymore. Overpaid, yes. But not overrated. I've also been converted into a Rajon Rondo believer. He's not as good as Celtic fans make him out to be, but he is very good. Allen Iverson is not overrated since no one really thinks he's "the answer" anymore.

Michael Beasely is overrated cuz he got picked higher than Mayo?? what is this garbage. Beasely has the potential to be a solid all-star player, have you even seen him play?? The guy is averaging around 20 points a game i think, and that he is second option to Wade. The guy is sick, just cuz he was picked b4 Mayo doesnt mean he is overated, he was a very solid pickup ffor Miami. Although I do think Beasely would be a better SF than PF, but thats just my opinion.

O'neal probably is a better PF, but the guy is not in anyway overated. he puts up solid numbers and is a big man that any team could use.

Sidious
03-08-2009, 10:16 PM

Please tell me you're joking. You just called three of the top ten players to ever play basketball overrated.

Sidious
03-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I see some people are saying Gilbert is overrated but thats not true. When dude isn't injured...he puts up numbers.

AI is getting to be overrated though. KG has NEVER been overrated; he can post, he can defend, he has a solid jumper, and he can play above the rim.

McPeak92
03-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Tyson Chandler
Al Harrington
Maggatte
Mike Miller
Bibby

Noway is Allen Iverson overrated, everyone realizes he is no where near were he used to be.

Big Game Son
03-08-2009, 10:56 PM
PG - Rondo (hes surrounded by All-Stars. He is a great role player...but he is no star by any stretch. He plays his role great in Boston)
SG - Durant (Not as good as expected....at all)
SF - R Jefferson (No matter where he goes...they barely improve..)
PF - Brand (Now due to injuries and playing in a losing environment for too long)
C - Bynum (Incredibly athletic....low basketball IQ and injury prone)

juggla53
03-08-2009, 11:10 PM
PG - Rondo (hes surrounded by All-Stars. He is a great role player...but he is no star by any stretch. He plays his role great in Boston)
PF - Brand (Now due to injuries and playing in a losing environment for too long)

What???

Vinny642
03-09-2009, 12:06 AM

:eyebrow::speechless:
WTF lol Durant was supposed to be compared to Oden but its no comparison right now.

ragee
03-09-2009, 01:16 AM
:eyebrow::speechless:
WTF lol Durant was supposed to be compared to Oden but its no comparison right now.

Hey, lay off my Oden!:D Everyone expected Durant to be better... How can anyone say Durant is overrated?! That guy is getting better and better!!! Too bad OKC sent Chandler back to the Hornets...

Pg: Westbrook
sg: Durant
sf: Green
pf: Kristic
c: Chandler

A solid lineup! Hornets got lucky! They were dumb to trade him anyway!

Vinny642
03-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Hey, lay off my Oden!:D Everyone expected Durant to be better... How can anyone say Durant is overrated?! That guy is getting better and better!!! Too bad OKC sent Chandler back to the Hornets...

Pg: Westbrook
sg: Durant
sf: Green
pf: Kristic
c: Chandler

A solid lineup! Hornets got lucky! They were dumb to trade him anyway!

We are dumb for trying to fix our team finacially?

extreme k.closs
03-09-2009, 01:22 AM
The eastern conference allstars

Tmac,lt,berkman
03-09-2009, 01:30 AM

yao is better than dwight just look at the head to heads yao has nade dwight look like andrew bynum or marc gausol.

ragee
03-09-2009, 02:46 AM
We are dumb for trying to fix our team finacially?

Yes dude! You could have saved money in the short run but what are you guys going to do with Wilcox? If you miss the playoffs, you guys will be losing more money... And believe me, the way the west is going right now, (you guys without Chandler) there is a chance for you to drop down to maybe the 7th or 8th spot or maybe out of the playoffs.... Every team needs all the help they can get... You guys are a good team and have a very bright future because of Paul... However, getting a decent center is really hard these days... Letting go of a center who is as good as Chandler is not a good idea...

RealistRocket34
03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Allen Iverson is a loser and he's overrated

I Stole Home
03-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Tracy McGrady
Allen Iverson
Chris Bosh

Are the most overrated players in the NBA

FaceDown91
03-15-2009, 05:09 PM
my list.

SF: Tracy Mcgrady
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Yao Ming

Kakaroach
03-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Gilbert Arenas
Jose Calderon
Allen Iverson
Josh Howard
Rashard Lewis

canzano55
03-15-2009, 05:34 PM

Jose has been playing with a hamstring injury the entire season.

Rashard Lewis actually produces on a consistent level whereas players like Josh Howard and Jamal Crawford show up when they feel like it and rarely play defense.

As for Bosh, he's one the most talented frontcourt players in the world, he's just not a franchise guy because his leadership is poor.

(I agree with you on A.I)

RapssRULzzz16
03-15-2009, 05:55 PM
This guys a joke. Sure Jose doesn't get dazzling assists, but he posses some of the other stuff other point guards dont have. He also has a hamstring injury this season. And howard??..my goodness which planet r u from?

cmstophe
03-15-2009, 06:34 PM
yao is good, but on the argument of dwight only using his natural athleticism? yao is using his natural ability, last time i checked being 7'6 n having a redwood for an *** is natural, and when u post up and back down players like matt bonner....yep, your a diminant player...

pg. mo williams
sg. kevin martin
sf. josh howard
pf. rasheed wallace
c. brad miller

How is Mo Williams, a guy who has improved every year yet there had to be two huge injuries for him to make his first All Star game ever, overrated?

jrodmesche
03-15-2009, 06:47 PM

rashard lewis, chris bosh, and expecially dwight! arent overrated just go hide in a corner. you must be a yao ming fan or somtin

ryan1217
03-15-2009, 07:27 PM
allen iversonn haahahah mvp wuu?? get ya things straight

Korman12
03-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Out of the original list the only one I may agree with is Rashard Lewis. Everyone else I'd disagree with.

As for you being the site's biggest Yao d**k grabber I'm gonna have to agree. You consistently bring up the Yao v. Howard head to head match ups equating Yao to being a better center. Although while that is true you know what Howard does better? Dominates every other team and center in the league.

Yes, Yao has better post moves but you're taking that fact far beyond its full proof reasoning. Howard has worse post-moves but can still destroy everyone with his other abilities. That doesn't mean he's a worse basketball player, that means uses other attributes differently. Who cares how he gets his 21 ppg; he still gets them.

Imagine if Howard was 7'6 and how he'd be destroying the NBA right now.

RealistRocket34
03-15-2009, 09:03 PM
This guys a joke. Sure Jose doesn't get dazzling assists, but he posses some of the other stuff other point guards dont have. He also has a hamstring injury this season. And howard??..my goodness which planet r u from?
Howard isn't overrated when a plays patheticly soft team like the Toronto cRaptors, that's for sure.

durtee
03-15-2009, 09:10 PM
:yawn:

NYYankeesWin#27
03-15-2009, 09:17 PM
sg tracy mcgrady

bal_ravens
03-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Lol at some of these posts. Are we making allstar teams here?

Garnett? Duncan? Arenas? Butler? Howard? Why not include Paul, Kobe, and Wade?

agnine
03-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Artest - or as my brother calls him 'The Black Hole'
Stuckey - Don't see it.
Nash - 2 time MVP? How?!?!?!?

andjustfortherecordJORDANwasNOTbetterthanMAGICBIRD RUSSELLCHAMBERLAINJABBARorBAYLOR. NOT!

SteveNash
03-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Paul-Most people still think he's better than Deron
Iverson-His stock has been brought down a lot this year, but there are still a whole lot of people deceived into thinking he isn't cancer to teams.
Durant-Most people just look at his numbers and ignore that he's not helping out his team all that much.
Bosh-Gets mentioned with LeBron, Wade, Carmelo as if Bosh has proven to be some kind of franchise player.
Howard-Dwight Howard has been overrated since he came into the league, this year they've decided to overrate his defense which is pretty bad, the only thing he's good at is getting the benefit from officials.

JordansBulls
03-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Iverson-His stock has been brought down a lot this year, but there are still a whole lot of people deceived into thinking he isn't cancer to teams.
Durant-Most people just look at his numbers and ignore that he's not helping out his team all that much.
Bosh-Gets mentioned with LeBron, Wade, Carmelo as if Bosh has proven to be some kind of franchise player.
Howard-Dwight Howard has been overrated since he came into the league, this year they've decided to overrate his defense which is pretty bad, the only thing he's good at is getting the benefit from officials.

I love Deron, we went to the same school and I will even admit the CP3 is better than him.

Vinny642
03-16-2009, 01:28 AM

Your acting like its totally impossible for Paul to be better, don't forget CP3 is a year younger and right now is better, its extremely close but i'd give Best PG to CP, your just mad because your Nash can't defend him and Paul goes for like 40 against him.

LA_Raiders
03-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Lol....

Toxeryll
03-16-2009, 03:56 AM
Dude, I am a D-Will fan... He bullies CP3 around whenever they play... Does that mean D-Will is better (I would love that to happen but let us face it... Paul is the best PG right now)? Kidd once said that if Kidd and Marbury play one on one, Starbury will beat him... Does that mean Marbury was better than him?

Every time people say things against your Yao and positive things about Dwight, that is all that you say... Such a homer... Just look at at the reality... Statistics, Fans, the Media and everyone else except Rocket fans are saying Dwight is better than Yao! The only defense you can say is Yao dominates him when they face each other! Dwight is stronger, healthier, scores more points, grabs more rebounds and block more shots... He is the backbone of their offense and defense... Because of that, they are winning a lot of games... Yao has been in the league longer but yet to pass the first round... He is injured most of the time, gets blocked by small guys, and yet be a starting all-star every year... Now tell me who is overrated? Who is better? Just accept the truth and quit being a homer...

hey yao ming lover, quit bein a homer, you got owned by this guy...:laugh:
i say yao ming is overrated b/c theres no way he should be close with dwight howards name.
you overrate him too much cuz dwight is the real :superman:

Rapsjaysleafs
03-16-2009, 04:19 AM
Non Bias List

PG - Gilbert Arenas
SG - Tracy Mcgrady
SF - Josh Howard
PF - Rasheed Wallace
C - Greg Oden/Andrew Bynum

Venomous88
03-16-2009, 04:54 AM
PG-Rodney Stuckey
SG-Brandon Roy
SF-Kevin Durant
PF-Chris Bosh
C-Yao Ming

SteveNash
03-16-2009, 05:02 AM
I love Deron, we went to the same school and I will even admit the CP3 is better than him.

Why because Paul has more win shares than Deron?

Your acting like its totally impossible for Paul to be better, don't forget CP3 is a year younger and right now is better, its extremely close but i'd give Best PG to CP, your just mad because your Nash can't defend him and Paul goes for like 40 against him.

Well sure it's possible for Paul to have a better career, than Deron, for all I know Deron could have a career ending injury his next game, but that doesn't make Paul better than Deron right now.

I've been over this before, but my name is a joke. I'm not a Steve Nash fan, if this was two years ago I'd put Steve Nash on this list, Paul and Nash are similar players, overrated players who inflate their stats by dominating the ball.

The only thing I'll give credit for is better a slightly better ball handler than Deron.

Every thing else Deron just does better.

If Utah wanted to run pick and rolls all day waiting for Deron to make a play on offense he could do that.

If Utah wanted to have Deron gamble for steals all day instead of defending his man Deron could do that.

Tell me what makes Paul better than Deron?

Kyle916
03-16-2009, 05:10 AM
James Posey

JayW_1023
03-16-2009, 06:19 AM
PG Baron Davis
SG Jason Richardson
SF Josh Smith
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Dwight Howard

Yao isn't overrated...he is actually underrated. Aaron Brooks and Ron Artest are selfish players on offense...they need to get the ball to Yao. For Houston to succeed, Yao has to be their number one option.

I like Dwight alot but he is a bit overrated...he is a heckuva athlete, rebounder and weakside defender. But he isn't a great low post scorer, with no clear go to move. And he is still a shaky passer out of double teams, but he is improving at that aspect.

Dwight is the better athlete, Yao is the better basketball player.

JordansBulls
03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Why because Paul has more win shares than Deron?

More efficient, more productive. Not only his win shares, but his PER and his overall impact on the team is greater.

RealistRocket34
03-16-2009, 02:21 PM
PG Baron Davis
SG Jason Richardson
SF Josh Smith
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Dwight Howard

Yao isn't overrated...he is actually underrated. Aaron Brooks and Ron Artest are selfish players on offense...they need to get the ball to Yao. For Houston to succeed, Yao has to be their number one option.

I like Dwight alot but he is a bit overrated...he is a heckuva athlete, rebounder and weakside defender. But he isn't a great low post scorer, with no clear go to move. And he is still a shaky passer out of double teams, but he is improving at that aspect.

Dwight is the better athlete, Yao is the better basketball player.
I agree with PF and C. However, I don't agree with those other 3 guys. Baron I could see, but Nobody really knows him anymore.

Amare is quite overrated as well, He's a selfish player that cares more about his touches than he does about winning.

abe_froman
03-16-2009, 02:42 PM
sg tracy mcgrady

dont really understand this one.pretty much everyone dislikes him,sees him as injury prone,faker,playoff loser,ect.

how can you be overrated when everyone has a negative opinion of you:confused:

RealistRocket34
03-16-2009, 02:45 PM
my list.

SF: Tracy Mcgrady
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Yao Ming
LOL, that's one hell of a team. :clap:

chicagowhitesox
03-16-2009, 04:11 PM
ai

Lakers09
03-16-2009, 04:35 PM
use t-mac for sf he is soooo overrated he could fill any position in this thread

redhorse
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
i would say lebron james is overrated in his own way which is better than most of the players in the league anyways..... but people already say he is better than kobe already...trust me i dislike kobe but kobe is still the best player in this league... i do think that lebron has the potential to be the best but he is not there yet

jrodmesche
03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
PG-Rodney Stuckey
SG-Brandon Roy
SF-Kevin Durant
PF-Chris Bosh
C-Yao Ming

wow to you on bosh, Durant, Stuckey and Roy beacuase none of them are ovverated and i hate yao but he is not overated

Vinny642
03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
James Posey

:clap:

RealistRocket34
03-16-2009, 05:51 PM
James Posey isn't overrated, he's overvalued.

Korman12
03-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Take a science class, you are already pathetic at knowing sports you ***** ****** what kind of ****ing username is korman? ROFL, It's almost as bad as being Austrailian.

Okay, seriously, what the Hell is wrong with you? You berate people for disagreeing with you for having legitimate arguments and when you're backed into a corner you just go ahead and try to make fun of them.

One, I am completely confident that I am far and away smarter than you are now or will ever be.

Two, I used Korman, my last name, so I wouldn't be tied down with some name that we make me appear biased. You know, like RealistRocket.

Three, of course I know if he was 7'6 his physicality wouldn't be the same. You're taking my response so literally because it goes against yours.

What do you have to argue against me? Race? My name?

Mikeleafs
03-16-2009, 06:43 PM

:clap::clap::clap: He must be high! LOL

KG2TB
03-16-2009, 06:59 PM
PG. Gilbert Arenas
SG. Vince Carter \ J-Rich
SF. Josh Smith
PF. Amar'e \ Elton Brand \ Carlos Boozer
C. No one's overrated at the center position. Dwight and Yao deserve their respect. Al Jefferson is underrated and really more of a PF. Emeka is underrated. Maybe Kaman but when he's healthy he's really good. Marcus Camby?

QuaLiThADoN
03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Mo williams (Get mad plz)
Rashard Lewis
Bosh
D-Rose (he is a rookie and people are putting him at top 5 pg's in nba)
Ray Allen (All he does is shoot threes and people act like he is god_

RealistRocket34
03-16-2009, 07:05 PM
PG. Gilbert Arenas
SG. Vince Carter \ J-Rich
SF. Josh Smith
PF. Amar'e \ Elton Brand \ Carlos Boozer
C. No one's overrated at the center position. Dwight and Yao deserve their respect. Al Jefferson is underrated and really more of a PF. Emeka is underrated. Maybe Kaman but when he's healthy he's really good. Marcus Camby?
You should just shift Amare to the Center spot since he once played that position.

I don't agree with Carlos Boozer though, if anything he doesn't get enough respect. He's a daily 20/10 guy like Duncan he just doesn't play that good of defense.

QuaLiThADoN
03-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Arenas is def overatted i didn't want to put him on my list because i didn't want to hear about his injuries. When he was healthy he took 62 shots to get 30 points

QuaLiThADoN
03-16-2009, 07:09 PM
over rated**

KG2TB
03-16-2009, 07:09 PM
You should just shift Amare to the Center spot since he once played that position.

I don't agree with Carlos Boozer though, if anything he doesn't get enough respect. He's a daily 20/10 guy like Duncan he just doesn't play that good of defense.

Amar'e did play center before but he's really a PF. No other way around it IMO. Boozer puts up good numbers WHEN he's healthy...which he's not consistently. Also he's considered a top 3-4 PF but he disappears during the playoffs. His defense is average at best. I guess he's on the border of being overrated. You can make a case or an argument for both sides of the spectrum.

Ironman5219
03-16-2009, 07:29 PM
AI- worthless- TO of the NBA
Sheed Wallace- nutcase gets more T's than wins
Carmello Anthony- Ball hog, no defense, selfish player
Kobe- nothing without Shaq
Bynum- 7 foot injury waiting to happen
6th man - Ron Artest- fruit cake ready to explode