PDA

View Full Version : Video: Blake Griffin wins dunk contest

oldenpolynice
03-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Blake Griffin's athleticism is sometimes in question, so I thought I'd post video of his dunk contest win from 2007. He beat Mike Beasley and Austin Freeman in the finals.

The first dunk is unimpressive, but keep an eye out for the behind-the-back alley-oop dunk from the free throw line. Pretty ****ing impressive.

Getting more and more excited about the prospect of the Kings getting the #1 pick now...

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/03/07/blake-griffin-wins-2007-jam-fest/

GoatMilk
03-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Blake Griffin is gonna be the new age Kenyon Martin. He's gonna be a disappointment. Maybe an all-star once, an ok player, but not one to build around. certainly not a number 1 pick. This draft sucks. One in which it would be best to trade down a few spots

EX-TREME
03-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Blake Griffin is gonna be the new age Kenyon Martin. He's gonna be a disappointment. Maybe an all-star once, an ok player, but not one to build around. certainly not a number 1 pick. This draft sucks. One in which it would be best to trade down a few spots

agree with you. i don't think he will meet his expectations.

anyway, i liked the behind the back pass to dunk. but he did too many windmills.

Kakaroach
03-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I like the Kenyon Martin comparison except that Griffin is not a knucklehead like Martin. He's the best player in the draft, but not really a superstar.

fairandbalanced
03-07-2009, 07:27 PM
not impressed.

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2009, 08:06 PM
This Griffen kid does look good. He won't be another Christian Laetner or Tyler Hansbrough.

More shats!
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I think he is the next Amare, i saw a couple of his dunks today and he is a freak of nature.Not really a number 1 guy but he will put 20 and 10 one day and a great PF for years to come.

oldenpolynice
03-08-2009, 03:23 AM
I think he is the next Amare, i saw a couple of his dunks today and he is a freak of nature.Not really a number 1 guy but he will put 20 and 10 one day and a great PF for years to come.

How many 20, 10 players are there who aren't number 1 guys?

Obviously, Griffin's not going to elevate a bad team to a championship contender, like LeBron has. But he will raise a team up a level. I expect his impact to be somewhere between Kevin Durant level and Michael Beasley level.

IndyRealist
03-08-2009, 04:08 AM
I think he compares similarly to Brook Lopez. More athletcism, but less defense and basketball IQ. Those two are going to have some battles over the next year.

More shats!
03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
How many 20, 10 players are there who aren't number 1 guys?

Obviously, Griffin's not going to elevate a bad team to a championship contender, like LeBron has. But he will raise a team up a level. I expect his impact to be somewhere between Kevin Durant level and Michael Beasley level.

Zach Randolph is 20 and 10 and i am not comparing him to Zach Randolph so dont start ****.You ask, i shoud tell:D

chicagowhitesox
03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
no one who's ever seen him play has questioned his athleticism. he dunks over everyone.

Wake's Fastball
03-08-2009, 06:51 PM
no one who's ever seen him play has questioned his athleticism. he dunks over everyone.

Yeah... he's always gotten his credit as a freak athlete.

His basketball IQ has been his biggest question for a while now. I don't think it's enough to be an issue, but I'm also not as sold on Griffin as I should be. I think he's likely to be in the LaMarcus Aldridge mold... he'll be remarkably solid night in and night out without getting a ton of press.

The Panch
03-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I think he will be a good Nba player, maybe make an All Star game or 2. There is no other player in this draft I would draft ahead of him. I see him as a little less talented Carlos Boozer.

zambo4president
03-08-2009, 11:16 PM

I definitely agree with you. Griffin is not that big and he wont be dominant in the NBA.

bostonfan8286
03-08-2009, 11:37 PM
With his size, athleticism, and motor i think he will be a good nba player for a long time. I compare him to a carlos boozer with more fast break ability.

$KnicksAndKobe$
03-09-2009, 12:11 AM
He could be Kenyon, Amare, Boozer, Zach, or just himself. Judge his game and judge the draft when you are able to see them in the NBA. People though the 08 draft would suck but it looks like it was a GREAT draft.