PDA

View Full Version : Potential Free Agent Small Forwards for Portland

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Portland ended up not trading Lafrentz's contract for a small forward. That says they'll hold tight, let his contract run out, and then look for free agents.

2009 Free Agency Options: Marvin Williams, Linas Kleiza, Ron Artest, Hakim Warrick, Al Harrington, Hedo Turkoglu, and Shawn Marion

2010 Free Agency Options: Tyrus Thomas, John Salmons, LeBron James, Kelenna Azubuike, Rudy Gay, Richard Jefferson, and Mike Miller

Ni55anpat
03-07-2009, 04:26 PM
From this list -

2009 Free Agency Options: Marvin Williams, Linas Kleiza, Ron Artest, Hakim Warrick, Al Harrington, Hedo Turkoglu, and Shawn Marion

I dont see these guys leaving - Kleiza, Warrick, Harrington or Turk

ESPECIALLY Turk - Magic would be dumb to get rid of him.

IversonIsKrazy
03-07-2009, 04:29 PM
no matter wut year they sign from, they need a vet or atleast someone whos gone past the first round.

if in 09 they sign sumone. its gotta b outta these players;
Ron Artest, Hedo or Marion. I highly doubt Hedo is going to want out of Orlando. Marion mite be too pricy, i think the best option would be Ron Artest. Sumone who can score, play D very, and has lots of experience.

of in 10 they sign sumone, i dont c them affording Lebron, but sumone else would be;
Richard Jefferson or Josh Howard. Both got lots of experince, athletic, and an offensive threat.

So whether they sign sumone in 09 or 10, its gotta be outta these 3 guyz.

Ron Artest, Richard Jefferson or Josh Howard

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 04:30 PM
why is this in the nba forum?

dandman1021
03-07-2009, 05:07 PM
dude your doing your homework but here's an idea. Put all these threads together and put it in the portland thread

greg_ory_2005
03-07-2009, 05:15 PM
You know there's a Blazer forum right?

theimortalone
03-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Portland ended up not trading Lafrentz's contract for a small forward. That says they'll hold tight, let his contract run out, and then look for free agents.

2010 Free Agency Options: Tyrus Thomas, John Salmons, LeBron James, Kelenna Azubuike, Rudy Gay, Richard Jefferson, and Mike Miller

Shouldn't this be in the Blazers forum? :eyebrow:

hotpotato1092
03-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I'd go Artest for his defense, although adding Turk wouldn't be bad either, and this should be in the Blazers forum.

joeboow90
03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
One of Artest, Marion, Rudy Gay or Richard Jefferson is who the Blazers should really get. It doesnt seem like Martell Webster is going to be a good NBa player so they should sign a veteran SF and draft a PG like Tywon Lawson or some1 else..

jayl1377
03-07-2009, 05:30 PM
i wish this was in the portland forum because nobody other than blazers fans care what the blazers need

EX-TREME
03-07-2009, 05:32 PM
artest would be nice. hedo is resigning with us

Hellcrooner
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
well placing it here is the only way to have more than 10 responses as outcome, i cant blame him for that.

jayl1377
03-07-2009, 05:36 PM
well placing it here is the only way to have more than 10 responses as outcome, i cant blame him for that.

yea but more than half of the responses are asking him to post it in the portland forum

JermanJaysFan
03-07-2009, 05:39 PM
From what I have seen of Shawn Marion since he has been with Toronto, I think he would be a great fit for the Blazers.

MegaFauna
03-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Stop whining about me writing about a good team just because the Bulls are overrated crap.

who is overrating the bulls?

blazerman
03-08-2009, 10:16 PM
who is overrating the bulls?

Nobody because there not worth even rating in the first place!

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm confused. Do the Blazers even have cap flexibility? I'm pretty sure that Miles messed up the cap room they would have had. If anything, they might have 3 million to sign a free agent, as well as their mid level exception.

shen
03-09-2009, 12:35 PM
actually they will have like 8 million. Darius did mess up there plans but with raef's contract coming off the books they will have around 8 million in cap space, and can still play around a little.

charlsdq7
03-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Ron Artest

The Ooh Child
03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
dude your doing your homework but here's an idea. Put all these threads together and put it in the portland thread

I've never had the urge to kick someone's teeth in until I saw your sig

IndyRealist
03-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Assuming they do not extend a qualifying offer to Channing Frye, the Blazers will be at $50.5M, assuming the cap stays the same or drops a bit they'll have $8M to sign a free agent. They could concievably get Artest, Harrington, or Marion for that. Williams would be iffy, I think Atlanta's committed to their roster and he's playing well. Orlando can't let Hedo go, and I wouldn't pay anything close to that for Klieza or Warrick. I'd honestly probably go with Warrick and keep their salary low for 2010.

2010 is a different story entirely, the only players they're committed to are Pryzbilla and Webster, for $11M. I assume Aldridge and Roy would get extended for $10-12M each, so you'd be looking at a payroll of around $33M. That's crazy.

Since this seems to be an area of concern, I'm guessing Martell Webster and Nicolas Batum aren't working out?

And yeah, this should probably be in the Portland forum ;)

Nocioni5
03-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Nobody because there not worth even rating in the first place!

Dont take things personal and get all sentimental about it :cry: but everyones been telling you the truth that this belongs in the Portland forum! The Bulls have nothing to do with this wether there worth it or not to rate. If we wanted to talk about the bulls we are smart enough to put it in the Bulls Forum. lol you FAIL

superkegger
03-09-2009, 02:06 PM
I say do nothing. Outlaw/Battum/Webster is a fine rotationt there. Especially if Oden ever actually plays and is good, you don't need another high profile guy at SF. You're effectively have a "big 3" and with bayless hopefully coming along at PG eventually, you should have a solid rotation of Bayless/Blake/Roy/Rudy/Battum/Webster/Outlaw/Aldridge/Oden/Pryzbilla.

Not too shabby.

Silent
03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Stop whining about me writing about a good team just because the Bulls are overrated crap.

How many rings doe's Portland have :cry: and how many does the bulls have :smoking:?

kEviN21
03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
So how much are they going to have in $$ by 09?

charlsdq7
03-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Tyrus Thomas in '10

IndyRealist
03-09-2009, 02:29 PM
So how much are they going to have in $$ by 09?

$8M, it's in a previous post of mine.

hotdogbun
03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
How many rings doe's Portland have :cry: and how many does the bulls have :smoking:?

i think we are talking about the current teams and the future and not the franchise, so dont bring up the old bulls . cuz those bulls are the only relevant team in the chicago bulls history.

to answer the thread, I think Ron Artest will fit well with the blazers.

JordansBulls
03-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I would say someone like Hedo would be good for them. Portland has the penetration and scoring and rebounding down low now they need either a shooter from the perimeter or a defensive stopper.

Tblaze
03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Seeing Orlando is losing money right now they might decide not to resign Hedo, although I think he's there glue-guy and big part of their success.

I'd think he'd fit in perfectly with the blazers.