PDA

View Full Version : Portland Needs a Veteran Combo Guard

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Portland already has one premier distributing combo guard. His name is Brandon Roy. With him, Portland does not need a traditional point guard who distributes most of the time. Instead, Portland needs another combo guard that does all the same things as Brandon Roy. Combined, they would create most of distribution and offiense in the back court that Portland needs. Jerryd Bayless might or might not be that guy. Rudy Fernandez might or might not be that guy. They might be the reason Portland is trying to get a small forward instead. Either way, Portland needs another combo guard.

2009 Free Agency Options:

Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, Mike Bibby, Raymond Felton, Ben Gordon, and Ramon Sessions

2010 Free Agency Options:

Joe Johnson, T.J. Ford, Dwayne Wade, Michael Redd, Randy Foye

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 04:06 PM
uhhhhhhhhhh....... ok?

abe_froman
03-07-2009, 04:15 PM
you can have hinrich,he doesnt seem like he'll be part of our future plans

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
we'll give you chris quinn for oden, roy, and aldridge. dont worry, we'll throw in blount as well

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2009, 04:21 PM
you can have hinrich,he doesnt seem like he'll be part of our future plans

Portland doesn't need Kirk. He's an overrated distributor and a spotty scorer.

abe_froman
03-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Portland doesn't need Kirk. He's an overrated distributor and a spotty scorer.

you asked for a vet guard,he's a vet guard

IndyRealist
03-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I think they could use a catch and shoot guy, Roy tends to hang onto the ball and make the plays. Ben Gordon might be a good fit, I just don't know if he could play Portland D.

Kyben36
03-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Vet, I think Bibby or Hinrich are their best options. I think they need a Vet PG over a Vet SG. Hinrich can play both and I think Bibby can spell at SG. Gordon would be a terrible option for them. TJ Ford would be nice too but I dont know how long they want to wait on a PG.

Hellcrooner
03-07-2009, 04:30 PM
they dont need more combos, they need a PROPEr, and pass first Pg.

Veterany woudl be a Plus.

I would go after Kidd.

IversonIsKrazy
03-07-2009, 04:32 PM
i think u guys need a TRU pg instead of another combo guard. TJ would be pretty nice though.

Hellcrooner
03-07-2009, 04:35 PM
in fact what i woudl trully do is use Portland picks, they ahve more than one, + webster +bayless for the second pick and then draft Rubio.

Rubio, roy, Rudy, Aldrige, Oden = dinasty

dandman1021
03-07-2009, 04:49 PM
why isn't this in the portland thread

theimortalone
03-07-2009, 05:21 PM
And once again, should this be in the Portland forum? :eyebrow:

jayl1377
03-07-2009, 05:35 PM
portland forum

Kakaroach
03-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Lol ya put this in the T-Blaze forum. But Mike Bibby is the best option. Of course, he is the best option in Atlanta right now along with a guy who plays like Brandon Roy in Joe Johnson.

Chronz
03-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Great thread, Ive always wondered how such a pairing would work. 2 guys who could score and dish on the same team. Both being able to play off eachother and create for one another. I dont see too many teams with such a makeup but I guess Manu-TP could be considered. New York tried to pair Stephon and Francis but they were past their primes. Imagine Joe Johnson and Roy, I know I have, I paired them in my 2k dynasty. Ive been told Dumars and Isiah were such a pairing not sure if thats the kind of pairing I was talking about though.

Laker Legend42
03-08-2009, 05:38 AM
you can have hinrich,he doesnt seem like he'll be part of our future plans I'm kinda hoping the Lakers try to get him. Portland definitely use a veteran pg like Kirk. Someone that can get the ball out of Roy's hands and allow him to move without the ball.