PDA

View Full Version : Favourite players from rivals.

Wilson
03-07-2009, 12:27 PM
This is meant to be the anti-bashing thread :cool:

Just name some players from rivals who you like. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to like their personality (it's hard to do that sometimes after you've been fighting a team for a while, and received a whoopin' or two from them), but just a player whose game you respect.

For me (a Laker fan), the first one who comes to mind is Tim Duncan. Since I started watching basketball, I've loved his game. He does all the things you want a big man to do, he's a great teammate and a great leader. He does it all quietly as well, which is refreshing in modern sports.

Another guy is Rajon Rondo. I have a thing for good role players, and he's a great one. He plays great defense and puts the ball in the right place on offense.

Kakaroach
03-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Tim Duncan of the Spurs. He's the opposite of all the egomaniacs that are in the league. I'd also have to go with Yao Ming.

JayW_1023
03-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Lakers it's Gasol...such a great passer for a big man. He is mobile...can play with his back to the basket and face up. He can shoot and is a solid team defender. Gasol is a guy who you can use in alot of different offensive schemes...is game is taylor made for the triangle.

Boston it's Leon Powe...that guy plays with alot of toughness and heart for such an undersized power forward. The guy is all hustle and makes something happen everytime down the floor.

In Dallas I will have to go with Dirk...I'm a big fan of his stroke and how he can hit those fade aways with good defenders like it's nothing. I also love his ability to run the floor and handle the ball for a seven footer. He is definately a hall of famer.

In Phoenix ...it's Grant Hill. Many other players would'be hung 'em up with all those surgeries, yet he allowed the love for the game to resume his playing career.

Wake's Fastball
03-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Big Derek Fisher fan. Really liked Farmar and Odom in college, relatively indifferent to them at this point.

ggg
03-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Shaqtus. Aaaaaaaahhhh, he's the greatest in the universe. Lol.

Rip hamilton, he's liike a ninja with those screens.

D_Rose1118
03-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Richard Hamilton
idk i just always liked him since he was with the wizards

Dwayne Wade
chicago guy
have to like him

R74
03-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Shane Battier, James Posey, Chris Paul

Hellcrooner
03-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Lakers only rival is Boston, from boston i Like Powes Intensity.

my favourite Nba player tough is TIm Duncan, thats what i understand for a Superstar, comes to play every night, does his job, only cares for team and wins and not for personal awards, stats or glory, almost never goes down to trashtalk and does not make the headlines because of bonhead behaviour.

Wilson
03-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Lakers only rival is Boston, from boston i Like Powes Intensity.

my favourite Nba player tough is TIm Duncan, thats what i understand for a Superstar, comes to play every night, does his job, only cares for team and wins and not for personal awards, stats or glory, almost never goes down to trashtalk and does not make the headlines because of bonhead behaviour.

Boston are our biggest rivals, but I don't think they're our only rivals. We've played the Spurs in the play-offs a lot over the years recently, we've had some battles with Phoenix lately etc.

Greenie525J
03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
The only team i really don't like is the spurs and the only player on their team i can stand is George Mason jr. he seems like a good player. There big three are really good but they all seem like a holes

TheWaterboy
03-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Richard Hamilton
idk i just always liked him since he was with the wizards

Dwayne Wade
chicago guy
have to like him

Same two guys for me, i have always wanted those 2.

theLgndKllr35
03-07-2009, 01:42 PM
I'd have to say my favorite player would have to be Devin Harris.

Vinny642
03-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Duncan T Parker, for the Lakers... Farmar I guess is the only one.

Brooke
03-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker

Bucsfan
03-07-2009, 01:51 PM
mine might be strange, Hakim Warrick, OJ Mayo...two guys i really like in the NBA

Battier of the rox, Brandon Roy of the blaze, Tim Duncan

HoLLyWooD PLK
03-07-2009, 02:03 PM
i cant do it, i despise everyone on the Celtics

but if i had to, it would be Ray Allen, knock down shooter with a beautiful stride and hes a fundamental god

leftie5
03-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Dirk, Pau, Parker, Duncan. They usually kill the Suns (along with a lot of other players), but they are fun to watch and obviously great players.

YankeeFan89
03-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Michael Jordan is my favorite player of all time...even tho he used to come in the Garden and do his thing....

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Deron Williams on the Jazz, He's the only player that plays the game fair.. No offense Jazz fans. Not to mention he plays like he's the best PG in the league when he's up against us

Dirk on the Mavericks, He's an amazing player, an extremely underrated player as well. I considered it a joke when people considered Amare better than him.

sacgiants1213
03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Lakers - trevor ariza.. you just can't hate the guy. I love his athleticism and he's just a player everyone needs to like.

Warriors - Corey Maggete... only because he went to Duke.

dre1990
03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Ray Allen......... I always liked him

kidfury
03-07-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm a raptors fan. The rival players i enjoy watching are wade, billups, roy, and paul.

Old rival who used to drive me nuts was reggie miller. damn that skinny bugger could play! He earned a lot of respect.

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2009, 03:37 PM
I think that either Baron Davis or Monta Ellis from Portland's western conference rivals Golden State and Los Angeles would be a good solution at point guard for the Blazers. A good combo guard is what Portland needs. They would pair up with Brandon Roy to be the main distributors. Portland doesn't need an assist-oriented traditional point guard, because Brandon already distributes. It's like how Cleveland took a score-first combo guard in Mo Williams because LeBron already distributes. Those point guard options are my favorite rivals.

kvrnm
03-07-2009, 03:41 PM
wow, if i had to pick a laker..... i guess it would be odom, if i had to pick a cav, lebron, haha

bostncelts34
03-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Id have to say Derek fisher. Just a good guy all around, does his job well. Lots of respect for him. Plus, a family man first.

from the cavs-Lebron. i like lebron. lol, also i still love Delonte.

Detroit-RIP, love seeing him and ray ray go at it, its beautiful.

DrDEADalready
03-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Well not necessairly a rival. but a player on a different team I like shaq.

VCaintdead17
03-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Tayshaun Prince of the Pistons. Kirk Hinrich of the Bulls. They're both incredibly underrated players that get the job done on BOTH ends of the floor

ZHawk1123
03-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers - Delonte West.

Detroit Pistons - Richard Hamilton, Jason Maxiell.

Los Angeles Lakers - Luke Walton, Sun Yue.

Lakers4ItAll
03-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I've always liked Pierce's game I think he's never gotten credit for being a good player till KG n Allen came along.

kvrnm
03-07-2009, 04:21 PM
I've always liked Pierce's game I think he's never gotten credit for being a good player till KG n Allen came along.

you have no idea how refreshing that is to hear from a lakers fan:clap:

SeoulBeatz
03-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Well by rivals ill go with TEAMS IN THE ATLANTIC DIVISION BESIDES MY SIXERS:

Boston: Allen, Garnett used to be but he's been pissing me off with the attitude.

New York: Danillo Gallinari; ive been really impressed with the kid. He's got nice touch and surprising playmaking ability. Could be a cornerstone for the knicks for YEARS to come.

Toronto: Chris Bosh; I think he is still vastly underrated (maybe becuase of the market). Hes got a great overall game but the raptors arent build for Bosh. I see him fitting better on a team like Cleveland where he could step down to be a #2 guy. BUt he's doing just fine as a #1.

New Jersey: Devin Harris; is it even a question? The guy is great to watch.

Yogi
03-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Cavaliers: Mo Williams, Joe Smith