PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Trade Deadline Round 2 Magic-76ers

fins08
03-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Magic have homecourt advantage

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ROSTERS! THESE ARE NOT REAL TEAMS, SO PLEASE VOTE ON WHO WOULD WIN IN A 7 GAME SERIES!

Magic (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8260923&postcount=20)
76ers (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8252402&postcount=2)

Thanks, and good luck. Poll closes at 8:00 PM EST

Magic

C-Tyson Chandler/Melvin Ely/Marcin Gortat
PF-Tim Duncan/Glen Davis/P.J. Brown
SF-Mike Dunleavy/Andres Nocioni/Walter Hermann
SG-Raja Bell/James Posey
PG-Chris Paul/Travis Diener/Mike Wilks

76ers

PG: Andre Miller / Louis Williams
SG: Rip Hamilton /
SF: Paul Pierce / Salim Stoudamire / Donyell Marshall
PF: Elton Brand / Kwame Brown / Calvin Booth
C: Sammy Dalembert / Theo Ratliff / Calvin Booth

fins08
03-07-2009, 10:14 AM
1 Orlando Magic vs. 5 Philadelphia 76ers

With two excellent trades this trade deadline, the Sixers took their team from decent to very, very good. They have incredible balance and not a shabby bench, but sizing up the matchups, we have a few critical advantages that would decide the series.

Frontcourt: Tyson Chandler and Tim Duncan vs. Samuel Dalembert and Elton Brand

This may look close, but it's heavily in our favor. Duncan and Chandler will outscore and outrebound Brand and Sammy D, while limiting their offense as well. No member of the Sixers frontcourt has the speed to defend Chandler and Paul's pick and roll and Brand is lacking the size to defend Duncan on the low block. If they switch Dalembert on Duncan, not only will they be forced to stick a 6'8 Brand on a 7'1 Chandler, but Dally is not a great post defender by any means. Solid, but like I've said before, TD is unstoppable in the postseason.

Edge: Magic

Small Forward: Mike Dunleavy vs. Paul Pierce

Pierce will torch Dunleavy, no question. But Andres Nocioni and James Posey, two very capable defenders will see more time at SF than Mike will and the combination of the two can help contain Pierce. Pierce, meanwhile can't prevent Posey, Noc, and Dunleavy from getting their points with Chris Paul creating for them.

Edge: Sixers

Backcourt: Chris Paul and Raja Bell vs. Andre Miller and Rip Hamilton

Bell is the perfect defender for Hamilton. Like Rip, he has the conditioning to stay on the floor for great stretches of time and not become winded. He has the aggression and persistence to be a real pest defensively as well. Yes, his D is overrated but it's still very, very solid and it's not likely Hamilton will put up a lot of points in this series with Bell on him the whole time.

We've seen what Chris Paul does to older PGs. If Derrick Rose can bamboozle Dre Miller, Chris Paul will have little trouble doing the same. Louis Williams has the lateral speed to at least give Paul a challenge, but he's not a defensive stalwart and Paul will burn anyone the Sixers care to stick on him.

Edge: Magic

With Paul virtually free to run wild and dictate the tempo (notice the Sixers are a halfcourt team), our offense will keep their defense out of whack and off balance while containing their primary offensive weapons and keeping them out of sync at that end of the floor. For those reasons and others listed above, the Magic take this series in 6. Good luck to Westbrook and the Sixers.

Magic writeup

Tblaze
03-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Magic for sure,

their bench is alot better (Posey/Nocioni) and Chandler is a very good complement to Duncan I think.

The only trouble I'd see them have is stopping Pierce, but I think Posey would do a solid job on that too...

EX-TREME
03-07-2009, 10:31 AM
magic

Nets fan 93
03-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I liked what the 76ers did...but the magic are better

KB24PG16
03-07-2009, 12:54 PM
magic

mitch91
03-07-2009, 01:13 PM
i think the teams are a lot closer than the votes suggest but i voted the magic as i just cant go against a team with td and cp3. i think the other voters felt the same

phlp_bj
03-07-2009, 02:15 PM
magic. the combo of duncan and paul is just too much

greg_ory_2005
03-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Magic have this series for sure.

hotpotato1092
03-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I voted Magic but I was really tempted to go 76ers, they match up very well with the Magic. Andre Miller is a great defensive PG so he could keep Paul at least somewhat in check. Rip could score a decent amount on the aging Raja Bell, Bell has simply lost a step. Paul Pierce would butt rape Mike Dunleavy almost as badly as LeBron will in the conference finals. Brand when healthy (and he is in this mock) is an elite big man so he could at least keep up with Duncan, and Dalembert is almost as good as Chandler. It's close but the Magic are just too talented.

Catfish1314
03-07-2009, 04:51 PM
I realize I have this won, but I just want to correct you on a few things here.

Andre Miller is a great defensive PG so he could keep Paul at least somewhat in check.

You're kidding right? Andre Miller's a solid, underrated PG. But if Derrick Rose can make him look like an idiot defensively, Chris Paul will, as you so poetically stated "butt rape" Miller.

Rip could score a decent amount on the aging Raja Bell, Bell has simply lost a step.

True. But to be fair, so has Rip.

Paul Pierce would butt rape Mike Dunleavy almost as badly as LeBron will in the conference finals.

Dunleavy will only see 18-24 minutes a game. Posey and Nocioni would see as much time at SF as Dunleavy would. If you read the write-up I stated it there.

unwantedplayer
03-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Sixers. Paul Pierce and Rip would take over the game.

hotpotato1092
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
I realize I have this won, but I just want to correct you on a few things here.

You're kidding right? Andre Miller's a solid, underrated PG. But if Derrick Rose can make him look like an idiot defensively, Chris Paul will, as you so poetically stated "butt rape" Miller.

True. But to be fair, so has Rip.

Dunleavy will only see 18-24 minutes a game. Posey and Nocioni would see as much time at SF as Dunleavy would. If you read the write-up I stated it there.

I actually didn't read the writeup for this matchup because, although the 76ers match up well, there was no way you were losing this. I only read the writeups on matchups I consider close.

Sportfan
03-07-2009, 06:17 PM
magic win the east

hotpotato1092
03-07-2009, 06:24 PM
^ you're aware this is the 2nd round and they only beat my cavs for the #1 seed by one vote right?

Catfish1314
03-07-2009, 06:41 PM
magic win the east

One series at a time.

fins08
03-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Finally, Magic vs. Cavs on Monday!

RocketsRule
03-07-2009, 09:27 PM

Should be a good one.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 09:45 PM
How do you put salim stoudamire at SF? Only 3 guards? The bench is too thin for the 76ers, and Paul and Duncan is just too dynamic.

hotpotato1092
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM

This is the one I've been waiting for, the real finals in my mind.