PDA

View Full Version : cavs lose to boston! big deal?

prodigy
03-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Yes I'm a cavs fan. So I'm looking at this game and saying is it really that big of a deal the cavs lost?

1. Boston with or without garnett are still a top 5 team. Plus they are at home and did what they were surpose to do. When boston goes to cleveland we all know who will win that game. So the series will be tied 2-2.

2. Right now both teams have the same record. (boston 1 more win, cavs 1 less loss.)

3. Just because boston beat cavs in boston does that mean the cavs are done? lol no.

As long as no big injuries happen, it will be boston and cavs in the East finals. Homecourt is not even near being decided. its tied right now.

junion
03-07-2009, 09:37 AM
...i thought i went into the general nba forum, am i in the cavs section?

prodigy
03-07-2009, 09:42 AM
...i thought i went into the general nba forum, am i in the cavs section?

well what you think it was about? chickin nuggets? I gave my thoughts and I would like to know what NBA fans think. I know what cavs fans think already.

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Yes I'm a cavs fan. So I'm looking at this game and saying is it really that big of a deal the cavs lost?

1. Boston with or without garnett are still a top 5 team. Plus they are at home and did what they were surpose to do. When boston goes to cleveland we all know who will win that game. So the series will be tied 2-2.

2. Right now both teams have the same record. (boston 1 more win, cavs 1 less loss.)

3. Just because boston beat cavs in boston does that mean the cavs are done? lol no.

As long as no big injuries happen, it will be boston and cavs in the East finals. Homecourt is not even near being decided. its tied right now.

Hopefully the Cavs end up with the #1 seed.

Iron24th
03-07-2009, 10:00 AM
1st seed in the east yes,but not 1st of the NBA.

tonyd3b54
03-07-2009, 11:41 AM
its just a regualar season game of course it doesnt mean much n thats coming from a diehard celts fan.... but for u to say we all KNOW the cavs will win their next game against the celts is flat out ignorant...

madiaz3
03-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Not saying he's as good as Garnett but Ben Wallace would have made sure that the Perkins/Davis/Powe trio did not have a field day.

69centers
03-07-2009, 12:00 PM

1. Please bet some money, if you're so sure. Maybe you can claim it on your taxes when you lose all of it.

2. The teams do not have the same record. We have played 2 more games than the Cavs, so Cleveland has the pressure on them of having to win at least one or both those 2 extra games. It also means the Celtics have an easier schedule with 2 less games to play over the same timeframe as the Cavs. It gives the C's more rest between games.

3. It doesn't mean they're done, but with a 2-1 series advantage, a Celtic win in their last meeting means they win the head to head and tiebreaker if we end up with the same records. It makes that last match-up a must win for the Cavs. It would have been HUGE for them to win last night, going up 2-1 with the final game at home.

So, you can lessen the blow all you want, but this game was a big deal.

op12
03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
it is a morale boost for the celtics winning without kg when people say we cant. its letdown for the cavs because everyone thought they should come in and win without kg there. not a big deal either way but effects the state of mind.

Sidious
03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Its not too much of a big deal...although Boston didn't have their best player. However, neither of these teams have been able to win a road game against the other.

Gooooo Lakers!

jwm923
03-07-2009, 12:08 PM
That game was pretty sad to see how stoppable James is. Too bad more teams cannot put it tog. like Boston. Force him outside of his range and he shoots a lousy 33%. Only reason he has a 49% FG% on the season is because he takes 90% of his shots within 10-15 ft. of the basket.

Free Throw
03-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Big deal? Not so much...
The last 14 games between the two have been won by the home team.

prodigy
03-07-2009, 12:20 PM
its just a regualar season game of course it doesnt mean much n thats coming from a diehard celts fan.... but for u to say we all KNOW the cavs will win their next game against the celts is flat out ignorant...

Its in cleveland. Ok the chances are very very slim the celts will win.

69centers- Sig bet? i bet hte cavs beat the celts in cleveland? Of course lebron has to play though.

LTS
03-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I am not a fan of either team but I would say yes it matters it shows boston has what it takes to beat the Cav's w/o a superstar so when it matters that (aka finals) I'd still take Boston over Cav's.

And in no way can you say Boston will lose in CLE. You still wont have Big Ben and you'll have to deal with KG.

MVPedroia
03-07-2009, 01:24 PM
If the Cavs won you would have thought it was the biggest thing to ever happen. Cavs are not that deep.

Losing by 10 without KG is pretty bad.

IndiansFan337
03-07-2009, 01:35 PM
This is the bottom line:

The home team has won the past fifteen :speechless: meetings between these two teams.

So whichever team gets the #1 seed will likely end up defeating the other in the postseason. Home court advantage will be crucial, especially for a Cavs team that has played its best basketball at The Q, posting a 27-1 record this season.

Greenie525J
03-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I was really suprised ESPN didnt make a huge deal out of this game since it was airing on there channel. With a game like that Lebron vs boston, 1 vs 2 i thought they would make the game into a big deal but they didnt. The game didnt end up meaning much except boston is up 2-1 in the season series thats all.

prodigy
03-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I am not a fan of either team but I would say yes it matters it shows boston has what it takes to beat the Cav's w/o a superstar so when it matters that (aka finals) I'd still take Boston over Cav's.

And in no way can you say Boston will lose in CLE. You still wont have Big Ben and you'll have to deal with KG.

Go look what happened last time celtics came to cleveland. Kg was playin.

YankeeFan89
03-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Nope..Cleveland will win next time in their court.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I was really suprised ESPN didnt make a huge deal out of this game since it was airing on there channel. With a game like that Lebron vs boston, 1 vs 2 i thought they would make the game into a big deal but they didnt. The game didnt end up meaning much except boston is up 2-1 in the season series thats all.

thats because they are OBSCESED with lbj and kobe. the Celtics, Spurs, and D-wade get the back pages reguardless of winning.

LTS
03-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Go look what happened last time celtics came to cleveland. Kg was playin.

they took Lebron's game away he was shooting so much he had to make something but they locked him down with out KG and he he shot 33%

When the final stretch starts thats when the good teams ramp it up the vets know how to float all season then finals come they bring it hard CLE came out this season made a big statement an dwould not be suprised to seem them fade Celtics, Lakers & spurs will all start to pull away from the rest

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Lebron took the Celtics to game 7 last year as the only star player on his team. Now that he has Mo Williams, LeBron's team is one step ahead of Boston. The only way the Celtics will win is if Rondo performs better than Williams, which is entirely possible.

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Lebron took the Celtics to game 7 last year as the only star player on his team. Now that he has Mo Williams, LeBron's team is one step ahead of Boston. The only way the Celtics will win is if Rondo performs better than Williams, which is entirely possible.

How did Lebron take the Celtics 7 that year when he shot 36% for the series. It's like saying Joe Johnson took the Celtics last year as the only star.

bostncelts34
03-07-2009, 04:01 PM

Please tell us all what will happen in cleveland, sinc eobviously you can predict the future. lol

Cmon dude you dont think boston can beat CLE in cleveland? Any team can beat anyteam on any given night, anywhere.

Yanks All Day
03-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Its a morale booster for Boston, and ties the records, but nothing that is Earth shattering. Celtics won at home, big surprise. -_- these teams will likely play 8 more games against each other anyway, in my opinion at least. Eastern Conference Finals will go to 7 games. So its just 1 game out of the 11 they will end up with this season anyway. Nothing huge. Celtics, last I checked, lost to the Clippers, does that mean the Clippers have a chance to take down the Lakers and win the West? No.

kriviant
03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
It's not a big deal. This game wasn't a big deal. The only important thing about it is who wins, who loses since they are both competing for the top seeds. Besides, with both teams having important players injured it doesn't even make it a real POSSIBLE eastern conference finals preview.

cmstophe
03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
No, it isn't.

The Celtics-Cavs rivalry is one that has been decided by home court the last...wait for it...14 meetings.

Carry on.

kvrnm
03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
thats because they are OBSCESED with lbj and kobe. the Celtics, Spurs, and D-wade get the back pages reguardless of winning.

yaa dwade deserves alot more attention then he is getting he is on par with kobe and lbj imo... and come playoff the heat will be very dangerous and have the capabilities of upsetting a clevland or boston in the 2nd round.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't think it's huge that the Cavs lost, but I think it's worth noting. To me, its just one o those things, that when you're an elite team, when another team has a weakness, you go in for the kill and you attack them. The Celtics were withouth KG and the Cavs couldn't take advantage of it. That's a little disconcerting, regardless of where the game was played.

prodigy
03-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Cmon dude you dont think boston can beat CLE in cleveland? Any team can beat anyteam on any given night, anywhere.

Have you not be reading.

The home team has won the past fifteen meetings between these two teams.
There you go. wonder whats gonna happen next? lol.

cmstophe
03-07-2009, 04:32 PM
The only reason it matters is in the quest for the #1 seed.

prodigy
03-07-2009, 04:37 PM
regardless of where the game was played.

I agreed with everything until u said that. Teams go after home court for a reason.

Powe, perkins and big crybaby all had great games to there standards. I Don't think that will happen again against the best def in the leauge. They had alot of wide open shots.

Something in the cavs favor, is that rondo can't stop mo williams. He went off again. Not a HUGE game, but 26pts and a good shooting night.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I agreed with everything until u said that. Teams go after home court for a reason.

Powe, perkins and big crybaby all had great games to there standards. I Don't think that will happen again against the best def in the leauge. They had alot of wide open shots.

Something in the cavs favor, is that rondo can't stop mo williams. He went off again. Not a HUGE game, but 26pts and a good shooting night.

I understand that the home team won in the last 15 matchups, but that's only this years games, last years playoffs and regular season and 1 game from the season before. It's not like we're talking a long standing home streak.

And for the Cavs, that's part of my point. They are an elite team, it shouldn't matter where the game is. They understand how important home court is, and they can't get the job done with KG out. What happens if they can't get homecourt advantage, then they've got to feel pretty screwed. It was a game that they should have won, and was kind of important for them to win.

The Intimidator
03-07-2009, 04:48 PM
The Celtics proved last night who the best team in the East is. If the Cavs couldn't beat the Celtics without Garnett, they have no shot to beat them in a 7 game series when they're at full strength, which they're nowhere near BTW. Once Garnett, Tony Allen, and Scalabrine return, the Celtics bench gets significantly better. If the Celtics can lock up homecourt advantage, they're going back to the Finals.

IDB Josh M
03-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Its a yard stick. The Cavs kept it close int he first 5 minutes, and it was very disappointing that they fell off and dug themselves into a hole they could not come out of. And then the fourth quarter, tsk tsk tsk.

If the Cavs kept it close, or at least chip away at the double digit lead and give Boston fans in their seats until the end, then you could at least come away with the loss saying we can play in the Garden. The Celtics aren't going to let King James claim the throne of the East.

Teeboy1487
03-07-2009, 05:02 PM
The next game in cleveland will be a very big deal because it will decide the season series between these two teams. Homecourt advantage is crucial in the east.

Er1c
03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
not a big deal. go post that in the cavs section.

cmstophe
03-07-2009, 05:54 PM
The Celtics proved last night who the best team in the East is. If the Cavs couldn't beat the Celtics without Garnett, they have no shot to beat them in a 7 game series when they're at full strength, which they're nowhere near BTW. Once Garnett, Tony Allen, and Scalabrine return, the Celtics bench gets significantly better. If the Celtics can lock up homecourt advantage, they're going back to the Finals.

Cavs havent been at full strength all season.

Beat them WITH Garnett in January.

K carry on (I could do this all day)

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Cavs havent been at full strength all season.

Beat them WITH Garnett in January.

K carry on (I could do this all day)

At home...

cmstophe
03-07-2009, 05:57 PM
At home...

What's your point

Read the post I quoted

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 06:05 PM

I don't even think the Celtics need HCA.

Sportfan
03-07-2009, 06:08 PM
If the Cavs won you would have thought it was the biggest thing to ever happen. Cavs are not that deep.

Losing by 10 without KG is pretty bad.

agreed
and no one said the cavs are done

Faneik
03-07-2009, 06:10 PM

Against the Cavs they will. Cavs are beast at home.

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 06:11 PM
What's your point

The Cavs need to show the ability to beat the elite teams while on the road or else they will probably not win a championship. I'm not basing it on just this game, but the Cavs have not been able to beat the best teams all year. That is troubling if you are a Cavs fan.

unwantedplayer
03-07-2009, 06:12 PM
It will all come down to who had #1 seed in the playoffs. Everything else means nothing.

bostncelts34
03-07-2009, 06:38 PM

agreed. if it comes down to a game 7 between boston and clevelabnd in the ecf's, i really dont think it matetrs to be honest.

Both teams will have 125% effort regardless of where they are. Also, both teams without a doubt have a chance of winning a game 7 on the road. Both are great teams.

bostncelts34
03-07-2009, 06:44 PM

Im sorry..but a team that is one game ahead of boston in the loss column is not one step ahead of boston. Celtics are the reigning champs.Unless there is some crazy stat to say boston is the underdog, cleveland is. Boston beat them last year in 7, up in the season series 2-1 and only percentage points behind them inthe standings. Until cleveland shwos they are BETTER than boston, they are not.

Dont get me wrong, i think CLE is just AS good as boston without a doubt. In a 7 game series i think its a 50/50 chance for both teams to win. I just dont see how the cavs are a step AHEAD.

lorenz00
03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
this doesnt matter! all you'll see is lakers holding the championship

cmoneytakemoney
03-07-2009, 06:49 PM

Wow that's funny because they looked two steps behind Boston last night. Celtics and Lakers are a step above anyone else in their respective leagues.

cmstophe
03-07-2009, 07:51 PM
The Cavs need to show the ability to beat the elite teams while on the road or else they will probably not win a championship. I'm not basing it on just this game, but the Cavs have not been able to beat the best teams all year. That is troubling if you are a Cavs fan.

Not really, whats troubling is how the Cavs have not even a solid post presence, that is why they will probably not win the Finals...that is literally THE piece they are missing.

The Celtics cant beat CLE on the road though right now either so that part doesnt worry me.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 08:12 PM
If you are suppose to win the East, you don't lose to a KG-Less Celtics.

cmstophe
03-07-2009, 08:23 PM

If you're supposed to win the East, you don't lose to the Pacers. Or the Clippers. etc etc

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Not really, whats troubling is how the Cavs have not even a solid post presence, that is why they will probably not win the Finals...that is literally THE piece they are missing.

The Celtics cant beat CLE on the road though right now either so that part doesnt worry me.

Big Z is a solid post presence, but the Cavs rarely use him in the post.

The Intimidator
03-07-2009, 11:11 PM
If you're supposed to win the East, you don't lose to the Pacers. Or the Clippers. etc etc

Every team loses games they should probably win over the course of a long season. The Cavs, for example, have lost to the Pacers (February 10th), Bulls (January 15th), and Wizards (January 4th). Those are games they should have won, right? So that's a terrible argument on your part. FAIL.

cmstophe
03-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Every team loses games they should probably win over the course of a long season. The Cavs, for example, have lost to the Pacers (February 10th), Bulls (January 15th), and Wizards (January 4th). Those are games they should have won, right? So that's a terrible argument on your part. FAIL.

That's right, son, you did fail. If that is what you believe, why did you make your original post? The Cavs lost a game they "should have won" on paper. Right? KG-less Celtics?

Just as the Celtics have lost games they "should have won"...pacers, clippers, etc.

Every NBA team does it. Get it through your head, and the fails will end.

DaaBoTownSox
03-08-2009, 02:48 AM

Like the announcers said, it was a bigger deal for Cleveland than it was for Boston. The fact that Cleveland lost to Boston without KG is BIG story in itself.

As we all know, that game wasn't as close as the score indicated either.

prodigy
03-08-2009, 11:51 AM

Then you should not lose to the pacers, knicks, clippers. lol