PDA

View Full Version : If Nuggets make it to the playoffs, out after 1st...

Denva4Life
03-07-2009, 02:13 AM
I am so tired of watchin these Nuggets.... i think the final straw is having a huge 19 point lead AT Utah w/o K-Mart and a decent back up PG and we'll prob lose my double digits. How is it we play with a fire for only half a game ... either its the first half or 2nd half or the 1st and 3rd quarter than sleep on the 4th .... George Karl decided not to make any trades because he didnt want to ruin the chemistry .... he was so blinded by Billups (dont get me wrong he is sweet) but he forgot about the jazz being hurt all year and still somewhat in it. We struggle vs crappy teams and def can not beat the good teams. we have so many injury risk in our big men yet we pick up petro ... and thats it. AC sucks yet Karl is some reason in love with this guy and plays him for crazy minutes. I mean i want the nugs to go all the way ...but i guess the only good thing in seeing the nugs lose in the first round again this year is hopefully they fire karl after this year. Siiiiiigh.

greatest8
03-07-2009, 02:57 AM
i actually think they will make it to second round. they have played to hard to go out in the first once again. I do agree Karl should be fired. Regardless of how AI was bad for the team, we should have been able to win at least one game last year against the lakers.

Chronz
03-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Aside from the Lakers, no team is guaranteed to make the 2nd round, even if the Nuggets lose in the first round theyve made alot of progress as a team, well unless they completely flail out in the playoffs like last year.

Game_Over
03-07-2009, 03:28 AM
I am so tired of watchin these Nuggets.... i think the final straw is having a huge 19 point lead AT Utah w/o K-Mart and a decent back up PG and we'll prob lose my double digits. How is it we play with a fire for only half a game ... either its the first half or 2nd half or the 1st and 3rd quarter than sleep on the 4th .... George Karl decided not to make any trades because he didnt want to ruin the chemistry .... he was so blinded by Billups (dont get me wrong he is sweet) but he forgot about the jazz being hurt all year and still somewhat in it. We struggle vs crappy teams and def can not beat the good teams. we have so many injury risk in our big men yet we pick up petro ... and thats it. AC sucks yet Karl is some reason in love with this guy and plays him for crazy minutes. I mean i want the nugs to go all the way ...but i guess the only good thing in seeing the nugs lose in the first round again this year is hopefully they fire karl after this year. Siiiiiigh.

When we start going on a winning streak you will wish you didn't post this lol.. Where is the optimism?? Now that our crappy schedule is behind us were going on a winning streak!!

AK-47
03-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Aside from the Lakers, no team is guaranteed to make the 2nd round, even if the Nuggets lose in the first round theyve made alot of progress as a team, well unless they completely flail out in the playoffs like last year.

I remember some people saying the same thing about the mavericks when they faced the warriors.

dandman1021
03-07-2009, 07:07 AM
I think the nuggets can do some real damage in the post-season. They have two great players in billups and anthony and a great cast around them. Watch out for them

Kohaku
03-07-2009, 07:48 AM
So disappointed about ruining our 19 point lead...

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 07:50 AM
I remember some people saying the same thing about the mavericks when they faced the warriors.

But if the Lakers play Dallas they should win that series in no more than 6 games.

Iron24th
03-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I think the nuggets are better than people think.

Kakaroach
03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Its all about focus and determination. The Nuggets lost those two things in the 2nd half. You would think that Billups being the leader that he is would have made sure that they would not have had a mental slump, just like back in Detroit I guess. But I think they will make it past the first round if they face the Mavs, Suns, or Blazers.

Sidious
03-07-2009, 12:08 PM

THe Lakers aren't the Mavericks though.:D

Wilson
03-07-2009, 12:17 PM

I know how it feels when your team blows a huge lead against a rival (:sigh:), but I think you're being too harsh on this Nuggets team. Every team has its struggles and slumps during a season (82 games is a lot to play, so you're not going to find perfection all the time).

Don't forget that the Lakers, seemingly invincible to a lot of people, lost to Sacramento, Indiana (although they've knocked off a few giants now, so I'm not sure if they count :shrug:) and Charlotte. The thing to look out for is how the team responds to blowing that lead. If they come out and play some good basketball, and show better focus when they've got leads in the futue, then you know they've learned from it.

Every team has bumps along the way, loses focus and just has a bad night. The team is still greatly improved from last year and should make some noise in the play-offs, mainly due to the improved defense.

jimbobjarree
03-07-2009, 12:50 PM
tbh the Nuggets really impressed me for the majority of the first half of last nights game. If they can keep that up for 48 minutes a game for the rest of the season and the playoffs they would definatly have homecourt and probably be in the second round. If you play like the second half Nuggets for the rest of the season, then you will flunder out in the first round to the Spurs or Lakers.

You've still got a lot to be confident about though, and are still very much in the hunt for 3rd seed, maybe even the second seed.

me personally though, I dont think you'll get homecourt and go out to the Jazz or Hornets in the first round.

Hustla23
03-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Dude you're making a big deal out of one game?

Totally thread worthy...... :sigh:

The Nuggets will get to the semis at least.

diggerbsb
03-07-2009, 01:37 PM
the way the have been playin the last ten games is nothing like the other 50. i mean we're what, 3-7? that doesn't happen, this team is s39-20 with chauncey and finally a contender

Vinny642
03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Nuggets lost because Jazz are so good ;)
DWill did great taking it over... but the officiating in that ame was ***, especially when Ak got called for a second foul in a row, then Carmel got an offensive foul. LOL

YankeeFan89
03-07-2009, 02:13 PM
tough playing at UTAH

Chronz
03-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I doubt Phil would be as foolish as Avery was that year.

LTS
03-07-2009, 03:21 PM
As long as You got big shot he'll get you guys to second round he knows how to win games when they count

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I doubt Phil would be as foolish as Avery was that year.

True, but don't forget even one of the years they won the title they went to a deciding game in round 1 against the Kings.

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2009, 03:31 PM
With the current standings, the Nuggets would play the Jazz. In that case, Denver will most definitely get eliminated in the first round. I think that the Lakers, Spurs, and Jazz are the only teams with a chance. With a full roster, I think Utah could even take on Los Angeles.

Wilson
03-07-2009, 03:33 PM
With the current standings, the Nuggets would play the Jazz. In that case, Denver will most definitely get eliminated in the first round. I think that the Lakers, Spurs, and Jazz are the only teams with a chance. With a full roster, I think Utah could even take on Los Angeles.

I've always thought that the Spurs or Nuggets would have the best chance at beating us in a series. They've got guys who can rough us up in the front court a bit more than Utah.

Kakaroach
03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I've always thought that the Spurs or Nuggets would have the best chance at beating us in a series. They've got guys who can rough us up in the front court a bit more than Utah. So Carlos Boozer, Paul Millsap, Mehmet Okur, and Matt Harpring can't get it done. Our front-court is better than the Nuggets and until the Spurs got Gooden it was better than theirs.

Nikolishin
03-07-2009, 03:37 PM
chauncey is a dog and a god

Wilson
03-07-2009, 03:45 PM
So Carlos Boozer, Paul Millsap, Mehmet Okur, and Matt Harpring can't get it done. Our front-court is better than the Nuggets and until the Spurs got Gooden it was better than theirs.

I mean the Spurs and Nuggets each have guys who will be matching up with Pau Gasol who will be able to play physical enough to take him out of his game.

Bynum can take the physical play. Assume though that he matches up with Nene against Denver, and with Duncan against the Spurs. Those teams can throw Kenyon Martin/Drew Gooden and Kurt Thomas at Pau Gasol, be physical with him and take him out of his game a bit.

I don't know what Utah will do. Mehmet isn't the most physical player. Boozer can play defense, but he can't guard both Bynum and Pau. Harpring is 6'7", so Pau will shoot over him. Basically, I think the Jazz will struggle to guard both Bynum and Pau, and won't be able to throw the physical players at Pau to quiet him, whilst the Spurs and Nuggets are in better position to do so.

IversonIsKrazy
03-07-2009, 04:14 PM
it depends on the seed they get, and wut team they face. lets break it from team-by-team.

Lakers - Dont c nugz finishing 8th, but if they do, then this would be a loss.

Spurs - Spurs beat nugz once again

Hornets - CP takes over, nugz cant beat em in a 7-game series.

Blazers - Way too unexperienced, nugz CAN beat em

Jazz - If nugz got home-court, they can pull away in game 7, but if Utah's got home-court, then say bye-bye to the second-round dream.

Rockets - If T-Mac is unhealthy, then can beat 'em. If t-mac is healthy, and houston has home-court advantage, then another 1st round exit for Denver.

Suns - Not sure bout this one. No one can size up Shaq, i would say nuggets would
have to have Home-court to win against the suns, otherwise no.

Mavs - No matter whos got home-court, nugz can def beat mavs, even the last year nugz(w/ ai) cud beat the mavs in a 7-game series.

Realistically, i c nugz finishing 4th or 5th, after Lakers, Spurs, and Hornets. It's between Nugz and Rockets getting home-court. If nugz got home-court, then nugz win, if rockets got home-court though, another first round exit. Another possibility is facing the Jazz, which I think they CANT beat.

greatest9
03-07-2009, 08:17 PM
it depends on the seed they get, and wut team they face. lets break it from team-by-team.

Lakers - Dont c nugz finishing 8th, but if they do, then this would be a loss.

Spurs - Spurs beat nugz once again

Hornets - CP takes over, nugz cant beat em in a 7-game series.

Blazers - Way too unexperienced, nugz CAN beat em

Jazz - If nugz got home-court, they can pull away in game 7, but if Utah's got home-court, then say bye-bye to the second-round dream.

Rockets - If T-Mac is unhealthy, then can beat 'em. If t-mac is healthy, and houston has home-court advantage, then another 1st round exit for Denver.

Suns - Not sure bout this one. No one can size up Shaq, i would say nuggets would
have to have Home-court to win against the suns, otherwise no.

Mavs - No matter whos got home-court, nugz can def beat mavs, even the last year nugz(w/ ai) cud beat the mavs in a 7-game series.

Realistically, i c nugz finishing 4th or 5th, after Lakers, Spurs, and Hornets. It's between Nugz and Rockets getting home-court. If nugz got home-court, then nugz win, if rockets got home-court though, another first round exit. Another possibility is facing the Jazz, which I think they CANT beat.

half of these dont make sense. Rockets play better without T-mac, so i think we can beat them either way. The suns, prolly arent gonna make it out the first round. without amare, they lose a lot offensively. i think we can take em.

Vinny642
03-07-2009, 08:25 PM
lol ur back

baller1532
03-07-2009, 10:09 PM
if we play with intensity all 4 quarters, we will go far

AK-47
03-08-2009, 12:53 PM
if we play with intensity all 4 quarters, we will go far

If you score more points than the other team, you will go far. :D

Kakaroach
03-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I mean the Spurs and Nuggets each have guys who will be matching up with Pau Gasol who will be able to play physical enough to take him out of his game.

Bynum can take the physical play. Assume though that he matches up with Nene against Denver, and with Duncan against the Spurs. Those teams can throw Kenyon Martin/Drew Gooden and Kurt Thomas at Pau Gasol, be physical with him and take him out of his game a bit.

I don't know what Utah will do. Mehmet isn't the most physical player. Boozer can play defense, but he can't guard both Bynum and Pau. Harpring is 6'7", so Pau will shoot over him. Basically, I think the Jazz will struggle to guard both Bynum and Pau, and won't be able to throw the physical players at Pau to quiet him, whilst the Spurs and Nuggets are in better position to do so. Yeah, the length of the Lakers is what Boozer and the others struggled against last year. But, Bynum might not even be back yet. But yea, that is a problem.

baller1532
03-09-2009, 10:53 PM
if karl gets fired, getting out after 1 round might not be the worst thing

Denva4Life
03-10-2009, 01:35 AM
well its a week later and we are in 3rd place ... and we lose a couple more games... vs a crappy team (kings) and than a good team (rockets) we are not going to make it to the 2nd round. we might not even make it to the playoffs.... Karl sucks... he got his dream pg ... and sigh.... our team doesnt want to play hard all game for him. look at utah ... I mean D.Williams put that team on his back and won it for them... and plays hard for Jerry Sloan (whose been the coach there since like the 50s)

bostncelts34
03-10-2009, 09:35 AM

How are the lakers guaranteed to get to the 2nd round? as of right now the 8th seed is Dallas. It could be...denver,utah,NO,houston,portland(who spanked u guys last night).

Definitly no GAURENTEED 2nd round lol. Dont get me wrong, they SHOULD get to the 2nd round, as well as the spurs should. There a great team, but i wouldnt guarantee them to beat any of those teams i listed.