Spurs vs Suns (2007 WCSF)
Cavaliers vs Wizards (2006 ECFR)

Other

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 09:41 PM
i think it has to be the only one that has been proven to have a cheating ref

JordansBulls
03-06-2009, 09:42 PM
If I had to pick one I would say the Spurs and Suns in 2007. The reason I would say that series is because I can't stand it when marquee guys get suspended in playoff matchups.

While Game 6 of the Lakers and Kings was definitely fishy, the Kings had every opportunity to win that series. When you have HCA in game 7 and when your team shoots like 50% ft and when you have the 3 point champ shoot an airball with less than 10 seconds left in the game and he is wide open I just can't sit here and say the series was tainted when they had the perfect opportunity to win it. In fact the other day I went back to watch that game 7 and I saw clearly that the Kings had the opportunities to win.
I could sypathize with you if they shot better from the foul line and had Peja hit the shot, but the Kings had plenty of opportunities to win that series and that game 7.

EX-TREME
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
lakers vs kings series

DreamShaker
03-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Are you obsessed with taints?

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 09:45 PM
If I had to pick one I would say the Spurs and Suns in 2007. The reason I would say that series is because I can't stand it when marquee guys get suspended in playoff matchups.

it doesnt matter. he clearly broke the rules and the nba had no choice but to suspend him

kswissdaf
03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Lakers vs kings no doubt. BTW why is the heat mavs game tainted

kswissdaf
03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Probably just a bitter mavs fan

superkegger
03-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Are you obsessed with taints?

Strait from the taint. We like this.

Testaverde16
03-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Wade would go to the line for tripping over his own to feet in that series... that was why it was tainted. that series was given to the Heat because whenever Wade fell (and he always falls) the Mavs would be called for a foul.... youtube it....

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Wade would go to the line for tripping over his own to feet in that series... that was why it was tainted. that series was given to the Heat because whenever Wade fell (and he always falls) the Mavs would be called for a foul.... youtube it....

no, wade would go to the basket and get hit everytime. that is why and that series was not tainted, the mavs just had horrible defenders against wade

DwillKB8
03-06-2009, 10:11 PM

Mavs lost :rolleyes:!!!

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Mavs lost :rolleyes:!!!

o, of course, lol. is that guy A MAVS fan?

DwillKB8
03-06-2009, 10:22 PM
o, of course, lol. is that guy A MAVS fan?

Dunno but that's just the vibe you get from mavs fans is that he got all the calls yada yada! I thought it was pure greatness if you ask me lol!

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
thats exactly what it was. pure domination

still1ballin
03-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't know why people think Lakers and Kings is tainted. It was a very bad officiating series, but there were bad calls against both teams. If you look at the total free throw attemps in the whole series, the Kings had way more then the Lakers. It was just a bad officiating series and everyone just looks at Game 6, but ignore the other games that calls didn't go the Lakers way.

Big Zo
03-06-2009, 11:29 PM
LOL at the bitter Mavs fans. I always hated Mark Cuban and the Mavs, so I'm glad they feel they got cheated. Fact is that Dwyane Wade just destroyed them.

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 11:32 PM
mark cuban is annoying. go sit in a sky box. go away. he hurts them more than he helps

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Dunno but that's just the vibe you get from mavs fans is that he got all the calls yada yada! I thought it was pure greatness if you ask me lol!

Yeah not sure why people dislike Wade's performance.

superkegger
03-07-2009, 01:27 AM
mark cuban is annoying. go sit in a sky box. go away. he hurts them more than he helps

I don't know how old you are, but do you know anything about the Mavs before mark cuban bought them? If you did, you'd not say such foolish things.

asandhu23
03-07-2009, 01:30 AM
i am happy noone said Warriors versus Mavs 2007.

i would last year's lakers versus celtics. first of all the fact that boston got ray allen and KG and then Lakers getting Pau. After that Lakers and Celtics ending up in Finals. And then Boston winning it coining the term " Rebirth" of the Celtics.

My conclusion is that NBA revived the game's biggest rivalry to get a boost out of tough economic times.

S.J.Basketball
03-07-2009, 01:37 AM

While Game 6 of the Lakers and Kings was definitely fishy, the Kings had every opportunity to win that series. When you have HCA in game 7 and when your team shoots like 50% ft and when you have the 3 point champ shoot an airball with less than 10 seconds left in the game and he is wide open I just can't sit here and say the series was tainted when they had the perfect opportunity to win it. In fact the other day I went back to watch that game 7 and I saw clearly that the Kings had the opportunities to win.
I could sypathize with you if they shot better from the foul line and had Peja hit the shot, but the Kings had plenty of opportunities to win that series and that game 7.

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 01:37 AM
i think it has to be the only one that has been proven to have a cheating ref

Which series was that?

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 01:39 AM
I don't know why people think Lakers and Kings is tainted. It was a very bad officiating series, but there were bad calls against both teams. If you look at the total free throw attemps in the whole series, the Kings had way more then the Lakers. It was just a bad officiating series and everyone just looks at Game 6, but ignore the other games that calls didn't go the Lakers way.

Nobody cares. People forget or simply ignore the fact that the Kings got double-digit more free-throws than the Lakers in that series and there were much more lopsided games in favor of the Kings in terms of FTA's.

fairandbalanced
03-07-2009, 01:47 AM

Show us evidence

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Show us evidence

Go to 82games.com and search for the analysis on that series. There was an unbelievable amount of questionable calls in favor of the Heat.

IversonIsKrazy
03-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Spurs and Suns shouldn't even be on their. Stoudamire, Diaw and the other CLEARLY broke the rules of getting on to the court when they are not allowed. The NBA couldnt change the rules, so they had 2 suspend them. Lakers and Kings, there were fishy calls, but i mean peja (one of the best from 3) misses an open 3, for the game, and its an air-ball. they shot 50% from the line, im sorry they had their chances. Mavs vs Heat, no taints, just a bitter mavs fan. And y is cavs vs wiz on their.

Basically, none of them were tainted. but if i HAD to choose 1, it would be Kings VS Lakers

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 02:03 AM
Spurs and Suns shouldn't even be on their. Stoudamire, Diaw and the other CLEARLY broke the rules of getting on to the court when they are not allowed. The NBA couldnt change the rules, so they had 2 suspend them. Lakers and Kings, there were fishy calls, but i mean peja (one of the best from 3) misses an open 3, for the game, and its an air-ball. they shot 50% from the line, im sorry they had their chances. Mavs vs Heat, no taints, just a bitter mavs fan. And y is cavs vs wiz on their.

Basically, none of them were tainted. but if i HAD to choose 1, it would be Kings VS Lakers

How was the Lakers v. Kings series tainted?

{}
03-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Lakers vs the Twolves from several years ago. There were so many fanthom calls benefitting LA that most commentators at the time called it the worst officiating they had ever seen in their lives.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2003/story?id=1544876

heyman321
03-07-2009, 02:16 AM
I'd say Suns vs Spurs.

Hmm let me count. Steve Nash gets knee'd in the balls by Bruce Bowen -- nothing. Tony Parker RUNS INTO Nash and HE gets knocked out. Nash gets a bloody nose, and is held off the court for BASICALLY the rest of the game. Nash gets tackled into stands by Horry, prompting Diaw and Stoudemire to get suspended for one game each. Against the rules yes, but tainted nonetheless. Horry gets 2 games ----> wtf? He should have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs. Suns probably would have won it that year. Utah Jazz and Cavaliers? Puh-lease. And I'm not even a Suns fan.

QuaLiThADoN
03-07-2009, 02:34 AM
everyone how the hell can you forget NETS CAVS !!!!!!!!!!!! in the semi finals!!! that game was bs go look at footage

proCHIsox
03-07-2009, 02:52 AM
toss up between sun/spurs and kings/lakers. Both were just horrible.

JayW_1023
03-07-2009, 05:57 AM
Spurs-Lakers in 2004...like someone could really jack up and release the ball in .4 seconds. It was a helluva shot though...but it was lucky the officials actually made it count.

That four point play vs. Indiana in 1999 by Larry Johnson was even worse. Awful officiating...the Pacers were robbed by the Knicks...they got so lucky to even make it to the finals.

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Spurs-Lakers in 2004...like someone could really jack up and release the ball in .4 seconds. It was a helluva shot though...but it was lucky the officials actually made it count.

That four point play vs. Indiana in 1999 by Larry Johnson was even worse. Awful officiating...the Pacers were robbed by the Knicks...they got so lucky to even make it to the finals.

Didn't even think of those.

The Answer3
03-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Heat-Knicks '99.

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Heat-Knicks '99.

How was that tainted?

Also the next year didn't the Knicks win by 1 as well in game 7 in Miami?

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 10:16 AM

its definately possible to release that shot.

The Answer3
03-07-2009, 10:17 AM
How was that tainted?

Also the next year didn't the Knicks win by 1 as well in game 7 in Miami?

That was some of the most terrible officiating I've ever seen (Mostly game 5).

durtee
03-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Kings/Lakers for sure. That was absolutely terrible. I am/was not a fan of either team, but by the end of the series I found myself routing for the Kings. They were cheated. Worst officiated series of games in the history of sports IMO.

Mavs/Heat was pretty bad as well. Again not a fan of either team, but that series was brutal. Every time Wade touched the ball he was going to the FT line. Most lopsided officiating for one player that I have ever seen in a series. I am not even sure if Jordan ever got treated the way that Wade did that series. I a sure that every Heat fan on PSD will disagree, but anyone else that watched that series probably won't.

Gaels1997
03-07-2009, 11:00 AM
The issue in the Kings vs Lakes series wasnt game 7, game 7 the Kings blew it outright. What tainted that series was game 6. An absurd amount of fouls were called blatent non calls...especially when Kobe elbows Bibby, gives him a bloody nose and its Bibbys foul. It was obvious to America the NBA wanted a game 7...

EddieB
03-07-2009, 11:02 AM
The Heat and Mavs finals in 06
Lakers and Detroit 04

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 11:27 AM
how is the heat mavs tainted?

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Kings/Lakers for sure. That was absolutely terrible. I am/was not a fan of either team, but by the end of the series I found myself routing for the Kings. They were cheated. Worst officiated series of games in the history of sports IMO.

Mavs/Heat was pretty bad as well. Again not a fan of either team, but that series was brutal. Every time Wade touched the ball he was going to the FT line. Most lopsided officiating for one player that I have ever seen in a series. I am not even sure if Jordan ever got treated the way that Wade did that series. I a sure that every Heat fan on PSD will disagree, but anyone else that watched that series probably won't.

look at the games, he went hard to the hoop every time and got hit. thats a foul. because the mavs couldnt stop him from getting by doesnt mean he was getting every call

majestic
03-07-2009, 11:43 AM
if u guys havent noticed the nba is setup by david stern to get TV ratings but if i had to choose id choose other and argue that the LAKERS vs Boston 08 is the most fixed ever.. since they both got ******** trades so they can renew their rivarlry and get the TV ratings back up for the NBA since the spurs and cavs was the lowest rated final ever.

pau gasol for kwame brown.. common now
and the boston getting KG and Ray Allen to basically get them into the finals before the season even started, i predicted that final before pau was even a laker.. !! Look at the GM's from the 2 teams that those teams traded with.. both had relations with there tradie. if thats even a word lol..

i also believe the dwade finals was complete ********. so many flop bs foul calls. mavericks got screwed. what a disgrace.. it was so obvious it was fixed.

sactown also got screwed by bs foul calls.. that might have been doneghey not stern but either way. its all ******** and you're all fools for thinking this **** is legit and not fixed

agnine
03-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm a Laker fan, and I think that game 6 sucked the life out of Sac. There was no way they lost that game.
Wade destroyed the Mavs, and even casual fans of the NBA will tell you that refs reward th aggressor. Look at '04 DET-LAL.

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 03:24 PM
The Heat and Mavs finals in 06
Lakers and Detroit 04

You are a homer aren't you?

How the hell was the Lakers vs Detroit tainted?

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2009, 03:27 PM
This shouldn't even be a question. The Lakers-Kings series was totally corrupt. Every other series mentioned just had a bad situation or two.

DrDEADalready
03-07-2009, 03:37 PM
don't remember any one these series so I'll have to say other.

kvrnm
03-07-2009, 03:38 PM

agreed lakers got there ace whipped.

kvrnm
03-07-2009, 03:39 PM
it close between lakers kings, and spurs suns

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 03:48 PM

Have you seen the snapshot of the exact moment the clock turned 0.0? The ball is out of Fisher's hands...

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 03:53 PM

Some people feel the Lakers v. Detroit series was tainted because of the inordinate amount of free-throws Detroit got in that series. Detroit had 12 more free-throws in Game 1. They had 6 more free-throws in Game 2. They had 17 more free-throws than the Lakers in Game 3. They had 20 more free-throws in Game 4. They had 6 more free-throws in Game 5.

Basically, a team with Shaq and Kobe, shot 61 less free-throws in a 5 game series. That is at an alarming rate of 12+ FTA more per game. I will never forget that abomination of a series. :cry:

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 03:56 PM
pistons were more aggressive

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 04:01 PM
pistons were more aggressive

No. Not really. Their two best players in that series were Billups and Hamilton...Outside shooters. The Lakers had Bryant and O'neal and could still barely get to the line. Heck, I remember watching one of the games with a friend of mine who was a renowned Laker hater and he even made a few comments about how Shaq and Kobe were getting hosed out of quite a few calls...

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 04:06 PM
i was kidding. i dont even remmeber that series.

kvrnm
03-07-2009, 04:08 PM
No. Not really. Their two best players in that series were Billups and Hamilton...Outside shooters. The Lakers had Bryant and O'neal and could still barely get to the line. Heck, I remember watching one of the games with a friend of mine who was a renowned Laker hater and he even made a few comments about how Shaq and Kobe were getting hosed out of quite a few calls...

i dont care what excuses you try and make, anyone who watched that series knows the lakers got it tooken to them!!! free throws are not they got killed, it was one of the more lopsided blowout series of all time. but not one of the most tainted!

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 04:11 PM
i dont care what excuses you try and make, anyone who watched that series knows the lakers got it tooken to them!!! free throws are not they got killed, it was one of the more lopsided blowout series of all time. but not one of the most tainted!

Free-throws ultimately did kill them in that series. Basically, the game was called two different ways. The Lakers were called for a foul every time they breathed on a Piston while the Pistons were allowed to play aggressively on defense. They were pushing, shoving, etc. Now, that is all fine and dandy when the calls are called consistently on both ends of the court. They were not though...

i was kidding. i dont even remmeber that series.

Make some sort of indication that you were kidding because it's hard to tell jokes over typing.

Lakers4ItAll
03-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I deff agree it was the Suns/Spurs.

And the Kings deffr had there chance to win so I'm tired of hearing King's fans ***** about it

If I had to pick one I would say the Spurs and Suns in 2007.

kvrnm
03-07-2009, 04:19 PM
armin stop crying!!

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 04:20 PM
armin stop crying!!

:laugh2: Hey man, I got over it a long time ago. The post just brought back old memories. :(

Yogi
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Wizards vs. Cavs was tainted a lot.

still1ballin
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I think when people speak of the Heat and Mavs being tainted is Game 5 where it went to OT. If I can remember right the last pay was when Wade drove into the lane and they called a foul and on a clear replay no one even touched him.

Game 5: FT-FTA

Heat: 32 - 49

Dallas: 21 - 25

Out of the Heats 49 FTA Wade had 25 of them!!! Wade finished the game 21-25.

http://www.nba.com/games/20060618/DALMIA/boxscore.html

Other then that, the Heat just outplayed the Mavs, but Game 5 belonged to the Mavs

IndiansFan337
03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Most tainted series of the decade

Heat vs Mavs (2006 finals)
Lakers vs Kings(2002 WCF)
Spurs vs Suns (2007 WCSF)
Cavaliers vs Wizards (2006 ECFR)

Other

Cavs-Wizards wasn't tainted at all.

The other three surely were. As was the Blazers-Lakers series in the WCF of 2000. Blazers had a 20 pt lead in Game 7 going into the 4th qtr. Yet, somehow the Lakers won & the 3-peat began to take shape.

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2009, 05:02 PM

The other three surely were. As was the Blazers-Lakers series in the WCF of 2000. Blazers had a 20 pt lead in Game 7 going into the 4th qtr. Yet, somehow the Lakers won & the 3-peat began to take shape.

:laugh:

1. It was a 15 point lead.

2. Have you ever seen that game? The Lakers came back by hitting three-pointers, Shaq finally waking up, and Kobe playing like he had and by playing great (and clean) defense. There was nothing tainted about that game AT ALL. :laugh2:

JordansBulls
03-07-2009, 05:58 PM

Blazers were up 15 IIRC.

LAKERMANIA
03-07-2009, 06:13 PM
definitely Mavs vs. Heat series...

It was starting to get funny watching that series

hotpotato1092
03-07-2009, 06:33 PM

Because Dwade got every call possible, Dirk could have breathed on him and he would have been called for a personal.

Catfish1314
03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Officiating was horrible in the 2002 WCF, but we still could have won. The calls in Game 7 were about even from my memory (I try to forget), even if the rest of the series was crap from an officiating standpoint.

I would say that one and the 2007 Spurs-Suns Semis are the worst. Had it not been for the suspensions of Amare and Diaw, the Suns could very well have beaten the Spurs.

lorenz00
03-07-2009, 06:50 PM
kings and lakers!

junion
03-07-2009, 07:01 PM
notice how the 'tainted' games are recent, and most 'taints' are based on foul calls (or lack thereof).

this makes me miss the old games where there's not really any 'tainting' conspiracies, and a hard foul was just that - a hard foul.

Taintedsword
03-09-2009, 10:13 PM
notice how the 'tainted' games are recent, and most 'taints' are based on foul calls (or lack thereof).

this makes me miss the old games where there's not really any 'tainting' conspiracies, and a hard foul was just that - a hard foul.

That is a great point you got .

Lakermania33
03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
You have got to be kidding me. People can actually say Kings and Lakers. What's so funny is most of you probably didn't even see the series. You wanna talk about fishy calls in a series how about 3 bad calls in 7 seconds. Yeah remember game 5 (1) ball out of bounds off of C web but given to the Kings (2) Illegal pick by Weber (not called except by the announcer) and Bibby hits corner shot, and (3) Bobby Jackson holding Kobe Bryants jersey (just as obvious as when Bowen held LBJ's jersey and no call. This was the second time in the series it happened. Free throws broke down like this. Game 1 LAL 22 SAC 17. Game 2 LAL 25 SAC 38. Game 3 LAL 15 SAC 35. Game 4 LAL 27 SAC 26. Game 5 LAL 23 SAC 33. Game 6 LAL 40 SAC 25. Game 7 LAL 33 SAC 30. Series LAL 185 SAC 204. I could see if one man was averaging 22 free throws a game some speculation but this seems pretty close.

still1ballin
03-09-2009, 11:19 PM

I thought that terminology was not allowed? You gave me beef about calling others homer/haters.

Ballah0liC1
03-09-2009, 11:58 PM
how about rockets vs mavericks in 05 where the rockets 3 losses were planned by the god damn gambiling ref, u must have forgot that series b/c u must be a mavs fan

JordansBulls
03-10-2009, 12:00 AM
I thought that terminology was not allowed? You gave me beef about calling others homer/haters.

Big Difference between the two.

still1ballin
03-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Big Difference between the two.

So homer is allowed?

Kyle N.
03-10-2009, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't say the "series" between the Kings and Lakers was tainted. I'll just say Game 6 was a little fishy in my opinion. Yeah they had other chances to win and blah blah blah. Besides that, the Spurs and Suns was pretty messed up.

sdweston757
03-10-2009, 01:09 AM
2007 suns vs spurs

youtube the call donahey made in game 4.
ginobli goes to the basket, gets stripped, suns start the fast break and then he calls the foul. its rediculous

codes238
03-10-2009, 03:19 AM
it has to be the kings lakers series, that game 6 is the only game i remember watching and laughing out loud at the one-sided calls the whole game... tim daunaghy giving the spurs the championship was pretty bad too though...

SteveNash
03-10-2009, 03:19 AM
2006 was the most tainted series I've ever seen.

KnicksorBust
03-18-2009, 11:48 AM

It's because the thread is most tainted series of the decade. Obviously unless your have an amazing memory it's going to be hard picking out series from the 80s amd 90s and remembering them with the type of accuracy that you can for this decade. Plus there's been rule changes.

Does there always have to be someone complaining in every thread? :pity: I love the state of the NBA right now. In fact I'm gonna go make a thread about it.

JordansBulls
03-19-2009, 09:44 PM
2006 was the most tainted series I've ever seen.

But how was the Cavs and Wizards series tainted? What game or games come to mind? What happened or what did you notice that maybe the rest of us didn't?

superkegger
03-19-2009, 09:45 PM
But how was the Cavs and Wizards series tainted? What game or games come to mind? What happened or what did you notice that maybe the rest of us didn't?

I'm guessing he's refering to LeBron hitting two game winnes on travels. At least I think that was 06.

soundjunkies2
03-19-2009, 10:24 PM

The Lakers only shot 4 more freethrows the whole series.I don't understand how it was the worst officiated series in any sport of all time.

durtee
03-19-2009, 10:53 PM
The Lakers only shot 4 more freethrows the whole series.I don't understand how it was the worst officiated series in any sport of all time.

Well first of all it was my opinion, that is what "IMO" means.

Second of all the Lakers shot 27 free throws in the 4th quarter of game 6 alone. But it wasn't just the free throws, it was the lack of calls by the officials in key situations and obvious calls that they flat out missed. Every sports column in the nation expressed how poorly that series was officiated. I even read somewhere that several people of high authority including Ralph Nader wrote letters to the NBA asking them to monitor the officials more closely. All because of this series. I understand that you are a Lakers fan, so you don't want your championship diminished, but I hate to tell ya that was definitely one of the worst officiated series of all time.

desertlakeshow
03-19-2009, 11:19 PM
This is an easy one. To me all the final series where the Lakers were good enough to get to the finals and lose makes me want to puke. They are all tainted and the refs were on their side. Who cares about the rest.

Regards

Kings Faithful
03-19-2009, 11:29 PM

It only took 1 game to rig the series for 7 games. Game 6 was undoubtabely manipulated, be it for the refs own gain or the leagues. Its the only game where you can say for a fact, this is rigged, and on more than one occasion. That makes the whole series under suspect that 7 games was the plan th whole time. Not to mention the fact that Shaq was alowed to do ANYTHING in the paint for the entire series.

raidersrock99
03-19-2009, 11:42 PM
it;s kings lakers i remember watching that and being speechless.i guess the nba didn;t want sac in the finals

goku
03-19-2009, 11:59 PM
rockets and mavs they cheated the hell out the rockets

SteveNash
03-20-2009, 12:04 AM

The 2006 Finals.

carruthers32
03-20-2009, 12:47 AM
i remember what happened in all these playoff series except for the lakers vs kings one. and its weird because i remember watching the series...to much w**d i guess. so can someone please refresh my memory?

JordansBulls
03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
i remember what happened in all these playoff series except for the lakers vs kings one. and its weird because i remember watching the series...to much w**d i guess. so can someone please refresh my memory?

How could you forget that series?

what54!?
03-20-2009, 12:21 PM
i remember what happened in all these playoff series except for the lakers vs kings one. and its weird because i remember watching the series...to much w**d i guess. so can someone please refresh my memory?wow. back and forth series to game seven that the lakers win in OT

JordansBulls
03-20-2009, 01:57 PM
wow. back and forth series to game seven that the lakers win in OT

And no team had more than a 1 game lead over the other in the series.

still1ballin
03-20-2009, 02:19 PM
edit post

king4day
03-20-2009, 02:59 PM
it doesnt matter. he clearly broke the rules and the nba had no choice but to suspend him

Agreed.
For me, the Cavs/Wiz seemed like they got some breaks for a couple of those wins.

king4day
03-20-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm guessing he's refering to LeBron hitting two game winners on travels. At least I think that was 06.

That should be it. If it wasn't, then that series shouldn't be up there as a choice.

NYtilIdie
03-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Who can forget that King vs. Lakers series. That will go down in history as the most fixed series in the history of the league

GspLAL
03-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Sports are businesses, they'll do anything for money, news at 11.

F()()TBALL
03-20-2009, 06:02 PM
2002 Kings vs Lakers.

The NBA was making so much money off the kobe/shaq era how could they not win???

that series sticks with me like the raiders pats playoff game.

F()()TBALL
03-20-2009, 06:10 PM
go about 1:57 in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS10rSrOhI

Kakaroach
03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS10rSrOhI Wow lol that is simply ridiculous. :pity:

NYtilIdie
03-20-2009, 07:07 PM
man I cant help, but shake my head at that game. Its sad that such a great era will be overshadowed by the crooked refs during that time. People call that the "Fixed" era now which is pretty sad

F()()TBALL
03-20-2009, 07:17 PM
man I cant help, but shake my head at that game. Its sad that such a great era will be overshadowed by the crooked refs during that time. People call that the "Fixed" era now which is pretty sad

No doubt about it.
that was such a good time for basketball.
but that series especially game 6 was horrible.

mrmike101
03-20-2009, 07:32 PM
its definately possible to release that shot.

no it's not!! Go taste fisher you homer!!!!!!!

mrmike101
03-20-2009, 07:43 PM
:laugh:

1. It was a 15 point lead.

2. Have you ever seen that game? The Lakers came back by hitting three-pointers, Shaq finally waking up, and Kobe playing like he had and by playing great (and clean) defense. There was nothing tainted about that game AT ALL. :laugh2:

CAN YOU SAY HOMER!!!!! AND SINCE WE ARE USING SMILEY FACE GESTURES TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE!!!!:clap::smoking::D

NYMetros
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Has to be the Lakers/Kings series.

KG2TB
03-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I voted Suns \ Spurs only because the Suns were without Amar'e which is inexcusable to suspend a player for taking like two steps on the court during such a crucial playoff game. NO EXCUSE. The Lakers \ Kings were definitely tainted but the Kings still had chances to win the series but ultimately blew it. It was pretty ridiculous but at least they had all their players and some oppurtunites.

Mavs \ Heat was pretty bogus with all the calls D. Wade got but again, the Mavs had their chances and ultimately choked. They had all their players.

I'm not even a Suns fan really but it pisses me off that Amar'e got suspended for a game. That was complete horse ****. David Stern are you kidding me?? To suspend a star player (or any player for that matter) in a crucial playoff game, for not even doing anything negative or dirty is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in quite some time and is a disgrace to the game of basketball and its integrity

G-Funk
03-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Lakers vs, Celtics Game 2, watch the whole game on youtube, Stern knew Lakers were the favorites in that series so he gave the most crucial game of a series to the Celtics and put the Lakers in a whole they couldn't get out of. 38 Ft's to 10 is crazy, everyone knows that only 2 teams if im correct have came back from a 2-0 deficit. Kobe getting in foul trouble early in the game with some lame calls, Or when Lakers were down 2 with 30 seconds left in the game and Pierce gets a lame call... I mean that game was ours to win if it wasnt for so many calls that refs handed to the Celtics, Lakers would have won game 2 with ease and the series would have being different. Stern had the perfect excuse, "The Big 3" he wanted them to get one now cause that window is too small. Oh well

NYMetros
03-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Lakers vs, Celtics Game 2, watch the whole game on youtube, Stern knew Lakers were the favorites in that series so he gave the most crucial game of a series to the Celtics and put the Lakers in a whole they couldn't get out of. 38 Ft's to 10 is crazy, everyone knows that only 2 teams if im correct have came back from a 2-0 deficit. Kobe getting in foul trouble early in the game with some lame calls, Or when Lakers were down 2 with 30 seconds left in the game and Pierce gets a lame call... I mean that game was ours to win if it wasnt for so many calls that refs handed to the Celtics, Lakers would have won game 2 with ease and the series would have being different. Stern had the perfect excuse, "The Big 3" he wanted them to get one now cause that window is too small. Oh well

You think Stern told the refs to make the Celtics win that game because he wanted to see the Celtics win the Finals? And you don't think that is a bit far-fetched in the least bit? With all due respect, you sound like a bitter Lakers fan to me.

superkegger
03-20-2009, 11:05 PM
You think Stern told the refs to make the Celtics win that game because he wanted to see the Celtics win the Finals? And you don't think that is a bit far-fetched in the least bit? With all due respect, you sound like a bitter Lakers fan to me.

That's because he is...

still1ballin
03-21-2009, 12:40 AM

When your team that you are going for is in the finals and the opposite team gets 38 FTs while your team gets 10 in one game, you will feel the same way.

Kings Faithful
03-21-2009, 01:15 AM
When your team that you are going for is in the finals and the opposite team gets 38 FTs while your team gets 10 in one game, you will feel the same way.

I'm just gonna say what all the Lakers fans say to me... THE CELTICS WERE MORE AGGRESSIVE! The only difference between the instances is that you guys have a chance to win it every single year, the Kings had 1 good chance and that's what they got. Us Kings fans wouldn't be nearly as whiney about game 6 if we had a chance to win the championship every year.

Kings Faithful
03-21-2009, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS10rSrOhI

Every time I see that video is makes me :puke:

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-21-2009, 01:38 AM
I guess out of that list Kings and Lakers since there is some controversy about it.

KeithLBC
03-21-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm just gonna say what all the Lakers fans say to me... THE CELTICS WERE MORE AGGRESSIVE! The only difference between the instances is that you guys have a chance to win it every single year, the Kings had 1 good chance and that's what they got. Us Kings fans wouldn't be nearly as whiney about game 6 if we had a chance to win the championship every year.

I'll agree with what you had to say, but only because you admitted that Kings fans are whiney :p

Kings Faithful
03-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Yeah, i only admit it cause its justified... Its alright thoe, we'll be back in a few years led by our big men JT and Hawes... 18 pts 12 rbs for a rookie and 18 pts 5 ast 13 rbs for a 20 yr old aint half bad for a nights work if I do say so myself.

Fireworld
03-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Lakers vs Kings

JordansBulls
03-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I guess out of that list Kings and Lakers since there is some controversy about it.

It will always be talked about as being controversial, but it isn't like the Kings didn't have their chance to win.

Kyle N.
03-21-2009, 03:47 PM

I have felt the same way and I did watching that game. Even though I don't like the Lakers I felt it was the same thing that happened to the Kings and that's really messed up. I am a fan of basketball and I hate to see a team lose because of questionable officiating. Especially when it is that lopsided.

codes238
03-21-2009, 04:52 PM

hahahahahahaha

Kyle N.
03-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I'll agree with what you had to say, but only because you admitted that Kings fans are whiney :p

There's a lot that can be said about Lakers fans too.

codes238
03-21-2009, 05:10 PM
the kings/lakers game and some of those spurs/suns games are the only ones where i remember the commentators openly questioning the one-sided officiating...

G-Funk
03-21-2009, 07:48 PM
hahahahahahaha

How are the Raptors doing lately? Lol