PDA

View Full Version : Jazz-Rockets idea

hotpotato1092
03-06-2009, 09:10 PM
In the offseason, what if the Jazz made a sign and trade with the Rockets where the Jazz would trade Carlos Boozer to Houston for Tracy McGrady? Think about it, Boozer and Yao would be unstoppable down low, if they can resign Ron Artest and with the emergence of Von Wafer they don't really need Tmac anymore, they could move Scola to the bench and have themselves an excellent 6th man. Meanwhile Utah finally gets the great wing scorer they need, and Paul Millsap's emergence has made Boozer expendable, and if it turns that Tmac is too hurt to be effective or is just washed up they could just let him walk at the end of the season. Thoughts?

DwillKB8
03-06-2009, 09:14 PM
In the offseason, what if the Jazz made a sign and trade with the Rockets where the Jazz would trade Carlos Boozer to Houston for Tracy McGrady? Think about it, Boozer and Yao would be unstoppable down low, if they can resign Ron Artest and with the emergence of Von Wafer they don't really need Tmac anymore, they could move Scola to the bench and have themselves an excellent 6th man. Meanwhile Utah finally gets the great wing scorer they need, and Paul Millsap's emergence has made Boozer expendable, and if it turns that Tmac is too hurt to be effective or is just washed up they could just let him walk at the end of the season. Thoughts?

I would stand in front of an on-coming train :mad::mad:!! Not really but you know what i mean!

Kakaroach
03-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow no offense, but this trade is ridiculous. A washed-up player for one of the best post players in the NBA?

superkegger
03-06-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't think that the jazz are out to do the Rockets any favors, and trading Boozer for McGrady would be about the biggest favor the Rockets could get. No one wants Tmac. No one. While if he were healthy, it might be something to entertain, giving the rockets boozer for a chance tmac might be healthy is not worth the risk.

hotpotato1092
03-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Wow no offense, but this trade is ridiculous. A washed-up player for one of the best post players in the NBA?

He's leaving as an FA, why not get something for him while you can? And in theory wouldn't playing with a point guard like Deron help him? And even if he sucked, they could just let him walk in FA, there's no way Boozer's staying this offseason (he's headed to Miami), so why not take a flyer on a former super star? Either it works and they're a contender, or it doesn't and they let him walk a year later. Who's gonna give a better offer for Boozer, especially with 2010 coming up and at least 3 better post players entering FA (Amare, Bosh, Yao).

DreamShaker
03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
They can throw in D-Will and well throw in Chuck Hayes;)

DwillKB8
03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
He's leaving as an FA, why not get something for him while you can? And in theory wouldn't playing with a point guard like Deron help him? And even if he sucked, they could just let him walk in FA, there's no way Boozer's staying this offseason (he's headed to Miami), so why not take a flyer on a former super star? Either it works and they're a contender, or it doesn't and they let him walk a year later. Who's gonna give a better offer for Boozer, especially with 2010 coming up and at least 3 better post players entering FA (Amare, Bosh, Yao).

This just shows that nobody wants T-Mac! And he said ONE of the best post players not the best!!

hotpotato1092
03-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Again if Boozer's leaving after this year why not take a chance on Tmac? If you're not getting anything for him why not take a chance on an incredibly talented SG, the thing you've been lacking for years when you have a capable PF in Millsap ready to take over, from a value standpoint Utah loses but nobody would give them true value for Boozer so why not take a chance? Jazz fans what would you rather have happen, Boozer jet to Miami or wherever this offseason or actually get something of value back, even if he's washed up a washed up Tmac gives you 15 ppg

hotpotato1092
03-06-2009, 09:33 PM
This just shows that nobody wants T-Mac! And he said ONE of the best post players not the best!!

All I'm saying is it's a low risk high reward deal, and why would anybody offer their top young players for Boozer when they can sign three better players in the next offseason?

dre1990
03-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Boozer is the most underrated player in the leage, T-macs the most overrated. no way

jimbobjarree
03-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd take the cap space rather than TMac thanks

...now a Josh Smith-Booz sign and trade would suit both sides perfectly!

JordansBulls
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM

I don't see it happening.

hotpotato1092
03-06-2009, 09:47 PM

Josh Smith is younger and more versatile, not to mention a much better defender, The Hawks wouldn't do that. This is basically my point, the Jazz aren't getting equal value so why not take a risk that either works out and they're contenders or doesn't and it's not like their stuck with a huge long term deal, they just let him walk. Or they could use his expiring contract as trade bait for a team looking to help themselves for 2010 (Nets for VC? Pistons for Rip?). There really isn't a downside on their part to this trade because even if he sucks it's not like their stuck with a huge contract.

pippsux
03-06-2009, 09:49 PM

U are kidding right? Boozer is a good power forward who will be leaving for Miami next season:dance2: so enjoy him while you can. Millsap is not ready.....

As for this trade idea, I hate #1:injury: for his pathetic attitude and giving up on his teammates, but I would rather keep his lazy *** and than trade for a Jazz:puke::puke:

lakerboy
03-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Jazz will never do this for you guys :)

superkegger
03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
All I'm saying is it's a low risk high reward deal, and why would anybody offer their top young players for Boozer when they can sign three better players in the next offseason?

Except that you're giving one of your biggest conference rivals a very good player, and taking their biggest headache over the last several years off their hands. The reward perhaps gained is not worth the boost you give the rockets.

futureman
03-06-2009, 09:53 PM
1. We will be going over the salary cap for T-mac.
2. If the knicks don't resign Lee or Nate, losing Boozer for "nothing" will only be a temporary setback.
3. Why Trade for T-Mac when we have Brewer who is doing amazing as of late?

albertc86
03-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Yao would be the perfect player to build another "twin towers" duo.

DwillKB8
03-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I would let a lion loose in Luis Scola's house if this happened!

MGB
03-06-2009, 10:06 PM

:hi5:

jimbobjarree
03-06-2009, 10:07 PM
And I think all Heat fans will tell you, they dont want nor need Boozer anymore, so I highly doubt he goes there, especialy now they got JO.

wwwhat
03-06-2009, 10:11 PM
And I think all Heat fans will tell you, they dont want nor need Boozer anymore, so I highly doubt he goes there, especialy now they got JO.

We don't have the cap space anyway, because of JO we're at about the luxury tax already for next season.

jimbobjarree
03-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm starting to think nobody will want to offer Booz a big contract, and will want to save their money for 2010. Boozer either signs a long term deal with us, or doesnt opt out.

wwwhat
03-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Hmm yeah, I hadn't thought of that. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Boozer to not opt out. Unless he wants to go to Memphis, waiting until 2010 is his best bet.

DwillKB8
03-06-2009, 10:17 PM
How about Lamar Odom instead of t-mac?

KB24PG16
03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
nah

DwillKB8
03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
LO is such a beast!!

DenButsu
03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
We'll give ya Dahntay Jones? :shrug:

jimbobjarree
03-06-2009, 10:25 PM
who?

DwillKB8
03-06-2009, 10:26 PM

LOL can we actually take Jason Hart instead?

DwillKB8
03-06-2009, 10:27 PM
who?

D. Jones the Dukie babaay!

DenButsu
03-06-2009, 10:37 PM
who?

Exactly.

jimbobjarree
03-06-2009, 10:38 PM
lol...harsh on Dahntay...watch him light up the Jazz tonight......and Hart lol (didnt even know you had him till last night)

EX-TREME
03-06-2009, 10:39 PM
why would jazz do that deal?

MGB
03-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm starting to think nobody will want to offer Booz a big contract, and will want to save their money for 2010. Boozer either signs a long term deal with us, or doesnt opt out.

you're going to cry when the Bulls snatch up Booz :D

superkegger
03-06-2009, 10:47 PM

I thought it was widely rumored that Detroit was going after boozer this summer...

We'll give you luke walton for Dahntay Jones.

DenButsu
03-06-2009, 10:50 PM
lol...harsh on Dahntay...watch him light up the Jazz tonight......and Hart lol (didnt even know you had him till last night)

Yeah, I was surprised to see him get put in. One of the more prominent Nuggets bloggers just speculated that he was brought in as next season's replacement for Anthony Carter. I don't know much about Hart, but it's hard to imagine him being a step down from AC.

As for Dahntay, no I don't like his game very much. His D is overrated, he fouls way too much, he never dishes it off... he's pure athleticism with nothing in the toolbox except for the ability to occasionally drive and dunk. It's a sham that he's been starting in front of J.R. Smith the entire season. (Although that may have ended now, look for J.R. to start tonight).

/off topic, sorry for derailing

astrosmaniac
03-06-2009, 11:10 PM
id rather not take boozer, i love the scola/landry combo at PF

Wilson
03-07-2009, 01:09 AM
I would stand in front of an on-coming train :mad::mad:!! Not really but you know what i mean!

I think that's pretty much what I would say if I was a Jazz fan...:p

IversonIsKrazy
03-07-2009, 02:05 AM
T-Mac is done. horrible trade 4 jazz. rockets however, pretty nice.

Yao
Boozer
Battier
Artest
Brooks

theimortalone
03-07-2009, 10:31 AM

I am sorry, but that is a horrible trade for the Jazz. Why would they ever want T-Mac? :badidea:

DrDEADalready
03-07-2009, 10:48 AM
:pity:

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't think the Jazz should mess up their depth for someone as risky as McGrady.

Bucsfan
03-07-2009, 05:48 PM
we should just trade deron williams and boozer, and maybe splash in some AK, all that for brian cook

althought the rockets might get ripped off a little