PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' Dunleavy (bone spur) out for season

JJ81
03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
The Indiana Pacers announced Friday that guard Mike Dunleavy underwent successful surgery for removal of a bone spur and repair of his right patellar tendon.

At the direction of the team, the surgery was performed by Dr. Richard Steadman at the Steadman-Hawkins clinic in Vail, Co., with the Pacers' medical staff, Dr. Tim Hupfer, physical therapist consultant Dan Dyrek and head physical therapist/athletic trainer Josh Corbeil, in attendance.

Recovery will be lengthy and no timetable has been set. Dunleavy will miss the remainder of this season. Rehabilitation will begin immediately and will be under the supervision of the Pacers’ medical staff in Indianapolis. Updates will be forthcoming when appropriate.

Link: http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/mike_dunleavy_medical_update_090306.html

abe_froman
03-06-2009, 05:04 PM
sucks for pacer fans,he's been playing pretty well lately

UK Bull
03-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah its a shame hes only been back a couple of months

JJ81
03-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Pacers have been impressive against good teams this season, I was hoping they'd make the playoffs.

EX-TREME
03-06-2009, 06:43 PM
that got to suck. pacer deserves to make the playoffs imo

sacgiants1213
03-06-2009, 08:27 PM
dunleavy finally found a home when he was traded to indiana from the hellhole known as golden state. This sucks for him and the pacers and i hope he comes back next year playing strong.

nVicious
03-06-2009, 08:48 PM
dunleavy finally found a home when he was traded to indiana from the hellhole known as golden state. This sucks for him and the pacers and i hope he comes back next year playing strong.

sigh Im worrying about that.

I heard that he might have an end-career surgery.

Bird may thinking about him when its offseason about what would he do with him. Will he still worth to keep or not? What I meant about "not" because he is risk injured player.

Kakaroach
03-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Thats sad, now they won't make the playoffs, plus Dunleavy is prolly their second best player.

shonk688
03-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Thats sad, now they won't make the playoffs, plus Dunleavy is prolly their second best player.

Yeah he's the 2nd best player but he's only played I think 18 games this year. The pacers have actually been playing pretty well without him. Also for some reason they've been pretty good without Granger too, which I dont get. they are only 2 games out.