PDA

View Full Version : If Marion leaves, is "The answer" the answer??

Frank Costanza
03-06-2009, 04:11 PM
A little play on words, wondering what psd raps nation thought of AI in a raps uniform at the right price this offseason with joey g at starting 3, and ap and kapons as bench wings

BluejaysFan08
03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Hes a bigger distraction than Vince Carter.
Now way I want him and i think we need to find younger guys and divide the money out.

BluejaysFan08
03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Like signing Lebron in 2010 lol

Life'sABrees
03-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Why does everyone want AI? He's older and he was the problem not the answer in Denver and now he's still a problem in Detroit... we don't need all the wasted possessions

More shats!
03-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Please no.We dont need a undersize SG that plays no defence, is 34 and past prime.Knowing how BC is big on character guys he will not even offer the veteran contract to AI(1 mill i believe).The Raps have chemestry problems on the court and having a ball hog is not going to help.

The Wise 1
03-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Oh god, Jose and Iverson in the backcourt. That would be one of the worst defensive backcourts in the history of the game. Then you want Joey at the 3, alongside Bosh and Andrea? We would be even worse defensively next year.

Murphy_Dee
03-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I'd only take him as a super-sub, sixth man kind of guy.

C_Mund
03-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I started a tread about this a couple days ago and it got moved into the '09 offseason thread.
I actually DO think he'd be great for Toronto. I mean, if we can't get John Salmons for six mil per but could snag AI for the MLE? Why the heck not? It's the same as all these people saying "I'd never take Starbury" but if he didn't go to the celts, there'd be teams lining up for his services.
Besides, we're not going to be a defensive um....dynamo? Maybe...team? Yeah, we will never be a defensive-minded team with Jose, Bosh and Bargs, why not try to score?
Again, I understand that this will not win us a chip, but as IF Jose, AI, Marion, Bosh and Bargs wouldn't drop 120 a game next year. I just want a solution that makes it fun to watch Raps ball again.

rapswin98
03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
no

ink
03-06-2009, 10:14 PM
God no.

More shats!
03-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Signing AI would be suicide.

koreancabbage
03-06-2009, 11:41 PM
well if were to trade for Oneal, why not sign AI lol

1 year contract would be the max i would offer AI

kanersen
03-07-2009, 12:08 AM
if allen's the answer, would the question be how to suck as much next year as this year?

Mile High Champ
03-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Hell No... allen iverson is a shadow of once he was... IF he was the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago than maybe... I dont want him anywhere near the raptors and I doubt he would even come here anyway..

ShaunRiching9
03-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Absolutley not.

ramz.n
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
at the right price ...why not?

the life
03-07-2009, 08:46 PM
A little play on words, wondering what psd raps nation thought of AI in a raps uniform at the right price this offseason with joey g at starting 3, and ap and kapons as bench wings

he single handed broke the pistons.

why would you want him here. we have enough problems already

rapswin98
03-07-2009, 11:19 PM
the past is the past hes not wat he used to be and he'll be headache for the team

rosco
03-08-2009, 03:07 PM
The answer is don't re-sign Shawn Marion because in the end he's cut from the same Mold of Moon, he doesn't have a Dribble drive, he cant penetrate into the lane. The Lakers won't be able to afford Lamar Odom this offseason, pick up Lamar Odom.... Thats the Answer.

Frank Costanza
03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
The answer is don't re-sign Shawn Marion because in the end he's cut from the same Mold of Moon, he doesn't have a Dribble drive, he cant penetrate into the lane. The Lakers won't be able to afford Lamar Odom this offseason, pick up Lamar Odom.... Thats the Answer.

i like odom, even like ron-ron artest, thinking those guys stay put in good situs they are in, i love rip hamilton, think hell stay, i love shawn marion but with the way we are playing he is gonna want out of town soo fast, hedo is great but with the way orl is playing why would he bolt, so from where i see things , AI is prolly gonna be one of the most coveted guys, and well be one of the teams wtih the most money.

shatty
03-09-2009, 11:21 AM

Thats a hard one.I love the way A.I plays with such intensity but he did nuthin in denver and soon as he left they got great.Detroit started to stink when he joined,when he got hurt they went on a huge run.That being said we could use his grit and scoring.But he wants a ring he would never come hear on a rebuilding team anyway

Raptor Analyst
03-09-2009, 12:28 PM
if marion does leave and we did sign AI the at could be interesting mainly to the fact that we wouldnt have to pay him a ton of dollars anymore. He would definately teach things to this pathetic weak roster we call the toronto raptors

certain fool
03-09-2009, 12:38 PM
why not...he plays hard and he's exciting. If marion leaves next season will be a bust anyway. At least we'll be entertained.

nads83
03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
he single handed broke the pistons.

why would you want him here. we have enough problems already

um no he didnt.

nads83
03-09-2009, 12:47 PM
but ill pass on AI

bartlett2266
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
:badidea: if they want to make this into a bigger loser then they already r then sign AI.
AI leaves denver they gets better goes to Detroit they get worse

bartlett2266
03-09-2009, 01:03 PM
um no he didnt.

Absolutley he did just look at both teams after the trade numbers dont lie

certain fool
03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
"there are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

I agree that both teams are better without AI. But, the raptors have a sever lack of talent, no penetration, and little intensity. I'd bet that signing him WOULD improve the raptors. However, I'd much rather have marion and the MLE than AI.

Raptor Analyst
04-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Now i know some people will hate this, but i think this guy is just what this team needs. This guy plays hard every game and leaves it on the floor. He is a 2 gaurd who puts the ball in the basket and attacks the rim relentlessly. Also you no longer have to pay this guy an arm and a leg to get him. He brings toughness and an identitiy to this team. With some of the pieces we have now, and maybe some additions in the summer i think we could be a playoff team come next year. What are your opinions ?

ink
04-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Now i know some people will hate this, but i think this guy is just what this team needs. This guy plays hard every game and leaves it on the floor. He is a 2 gaurd who puts the ball in the basket and attacks the rim relentlessly. Also you no longer have to pay this guy an arm and a leg to get him. He brings toughness and an identitiy to this team. With some of the pieces we have now, and maybe some additions in the summer i think we could be a playoff team come next year. What are your opinions ?

I choked when I read the word "identity" and AI in the same context. Bryan Colangelo is over here when it comes to identity.

AI is over here.

LD V2.0
04-01-2009, 03:01 PM

Wrong Answer, your score is 0% but I'll give you an A for effort. Iverson is a self absorbed egomaniac. He will kill the flow of the team by taking many bad shots. He doesn't play defense. He's old.

Frank Costanza
04-01-2009, 03:10 PM
raptor analyst i first started this thread cause im the biggest ai fan north of the border, id love him here your not alone, i think though that well get eaten alive in this room with those thoughts but im with ya , i like a guy who can plain out take over a game, and put him with bosh + bargs and thats a powerful offense

BBadger1989
04-01-2009, 03:14 PM
AI has way to big of a head and his best years are behind him i don't think the experiment would work out well...

mike_noodles
04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
He wouldn't be one of my top 3 options

Kaptain Kanada
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
please NO

LD V2.0
04-01-2009, 04:12 PM
By the time TJ Ford left town I would imagine 80-90% of the people in here were estatic about him leaving. They called him selfish, not a team player, claimed he had poor shot selection and failed to keep everyone involved. Guess what? TJ Ford is frickin' Santa Clause with the basketball compared to the Scrooge McAnswer. I hope to God Colangelo doesn't spend his limited resources on "The Cancer".

Beach Rock
04-01-2009, 04:32 PM
By the time TJ Ford left town I would imagine 80-90% of the people in here were estatic about him leaving. They called him selfish, not a team player, claimed he had poor shot selection and failed to keep everyone involved. Guess what? TJ Ford is frickin' Santa Clause with the basketball compared to the Scrooge McAnswer. I hope to God Colangelo doesn't spend his limited resources on "The Cancer".

Haha...funny and true.

WaterBoy24
04-01-2009, 04:56 PM
A.I.........hell nooooooooooooooo...
Ron Artest...hell yessssssssssssssssssss...plus sign marion...now that would be nice.....:clap:

_Sn1P3r_
04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Marion + Artest as our perimeter defenders would be pretty nice.. ^

PackerGuru
04-01-2009, 09:40 PM
hell no, if we cant get marion back, we should go for odom.

DikLongwood
04-01-2009, 10:39 PM
How bout.....NO

mjt20mik
04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
No!

muninade
04-02-2009, 01:06 AM
please no, he cannot really lead a team unfortunately.

LD V2.0
04-02-2009, 09:04 AM
The Pistons have asked Iverson to come off the bench for the three games since he returned from a back injury that kept him out for a month. He's reacting about as well as if they'd asked him to come in early for practice.

"I'd rather retire before I do this again. I can't be effective playing this way."

...this isn't an issue for Pistons coach Michael Curry or president Joe Dumars to resolve. This is a matter for Dr. Phil...

This is the time to reciprocate, to realize that sometimes you have to put others ahead of you. The Pistons had a losing record with Iverson in the starting lineup after they acquired him in a trade with the Denver Nuggets. Richard Hamilton did his stint on the bench, did it without publicly questioning his desire to continue. It's not too much to ask Iverson to do the same.
ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090402)

bosh4mvp
04-02-2009, 01:01 PM
whats with all the hatred for AI? I cant believe it. If we could make AI our starting pg for 8-10 million a season I would do it in a heartbeat. Just last season he averaged 26 and 7 assists with under 3 turnovers. Why does everyone give him such a hard time about turning the ball over? I think he would also help marions game a lot if we could somehow get them both. Marion and AI both love to look for steals and get out and run. AI for 10 million is far superior to Calderon for 8. Calderon doesnt put nearly the same amount of pressure on a defense that Iverson does

LD V2.0
04-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Where's the hatred? I never said I wanted to break his knee caps or anything. I have merely pointed out reasons accompanied by facts as to why he clashes with what the Raptors are doing. It would be a disaster.

the life
04-02-2009, 01:28 PM
whats with all the hatred for AI? I cant believe it. If we could make AI our starting pg for 8-10 million a season I would do it in a heartbeat. Just last season he averaged 26 and 7 assists with under 3 turnovers. Why does everyone give him such a hard time about turning the ball over? I think he would also help marions game a lot if we could somehow get them both. Marion and AI both love to look for steals and get out and run. AI for 10 million is far superior to Calderon for 8. Calderon doesnt put nearly the same amount of pressure on a defense that Iverson does

Denver didn't win with AI. Detroit plays better without him. Why in the world would you spend so much money for a ball hog? Denver and Detroit have better teams than Raptors and they couldn't win.

LD V2.0
04-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Detroit went down the crapper this year when they inserted AI into the starting five and moved Rip to the bench.

bosh4mvp
04-02-2009, 01:36 PM
^ that wasnt directed to your comments...it was in general. Everyone is saying they dont want him. Sure he might not fit in to our passive team. Thats the problem. We need some players who will attack. All our perimeter players lack aggression and are soft. It needs to change. Some extra trips to the free throw line wouldnt hurt. Iverson had about 800 ft attempts last year. Our two starting guards this year will have about half that combined.

bosh4mvp
04-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Of course he doesnt fit in Detroit. Detroit is a half court team. Anyway, its pointless to argue over since we all know Iverson isnt coming to Toronto

Mikeleafs
04-02-2009, 01:44 PM
No Defense
Not a "Team" Guy
No Thanks!!!

C_Mund
04-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I still don't think there's any way we could make our team more competitive by adding one AVAILABLE and probably cheap veteran.
People need to remember that part of the reason he didn't win in Denver (which if I recall had a 50+ win season or two) was because he was playing with Melo, who's basically as big a black hole as AI.
And the reason for Detroit getting worse and Denver getting better isn't because of the lack of Iverson, it's becuase people disregard how good Chauncey Billups is.
I just want to go to the playoffs and compete against better teams. I'm tired of pencilling in EVERY game against certain teams as a loss first thing in the year. I think with Iverson we might be able to win 45-50 games next year and make it to the second round.

ink
04-02-2009, 01:46 PM
^ that wasnt directed to your comments...it was in general. Everyone is saying they dont want him. Sure he might not fit in to our passive team. Thats the problem. We need some players who will attack. All our perimeter players lack aggression and are soft. It needs to change. Some extra trips to the free throw line wouldnt hurt. Iverson had about 800 ft attempts last year. Our two starting guards this year will have about half that combined.

We don't need unfocused aggression. That's the downfall of AI's game. It DOES NOT complement any known team's strategy. He's solo-man with a brilliant skill set, but that doesn't overcome the fact that he's dysfunctional with any team. Tactically it would be a complete disaster.

Put it this way: the uptempo game we're playing now is showing signs of success because of improving ball movement. AI would kill that. Not ever gonna happen with a Colangelo team.

You AI fans have to pay attention to BC's brand of ball. AI is incompatible with it.

LD V2.0
04-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah, at this point in AI's career its time to lump him in with Marbury. They're the same type player now.

AFlagRules
04-02-2009, 02:52 PM
AI is washed up..Wherever he goes, if he's an option that team will not do well.

GodsSon
04-02-2009, 03:00 PM
AI has already said he doesnt want to come of the bench wherever he plays next season...so should he be the answer for the raps? hell no

LD V2.0
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
He could be T-Mac's replacement should Houston be able to move him. Another idea would be NYC?

mike_noodles
04-02-2009, 03:56 PM
^^^ IF he would sign a one year deal maybe.

Bramaca
04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
We don't need unfocused aggression. That's the downfall of AI's game. It DOES NOT complement any known team's strategy. He's solo-man with a brilliant skill set, but that doesn't overcome the fact that he's dysfunctional with any team. Tactically it would be a complete disaster.

Put it this way: the uptempo game we're playing now is showing signs of success because of improving ball movement. AI would kill that. Not ever gonna happen with a Colangelo team.

You AI fans have to pay attention to BC's brand of ball. AI is incompatible with it.

Not entirely true, he did trade Jason Kidd for Marbury. I personally don't think that he would go for AI or that AI would come here but I also wouldn't put it past BC. Especially if some of the moves he wants to make don't pan out and he is left with little in the way of options.

ink
04-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Not entirely true, he did trade Jason Kidd for Marbury. I personally don't think that he would go for AI or that AI would come here but I also wouldn't put it past BC. Especially if some of the moves he wants to make don't pan out and he is left with little in the way of options.

And that's exactly why he'll never do it again. ;)

Steely McBeam
04-02-2009, 04:27 PM
i guess not considering he really hasn't gone anywhere since he made the finals in 2000 (im not sure about the year)

reevanson
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
if the "answer" isnt the answer, maybe stevie "franchise" will be right for our franchise?

Marius
04-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I guess it would be nice to have a scorer, but we would be left with a hole at Wing.

Not only is Jose an incapable defender, we can't take that risk with A.I going for all those steals, we'll be burned.

Guards get old fast, sorry, nice idea, but no.

certain fool
04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
If Marion won't resign I figure he's a low risk signing. If it doesn't work out you send him to the bench and he retires.

blah-blah
04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I have just though this through and i think this could possibly lead us to an elite team, iff....

We let Marion, Parker, Voskuhl, Graham Leave
Resign Pops Mensah-Bonsu 2yr/4m
Draft James Harden SG in the first round of the draft
Sign Ron Artest SF to maybe a 2yr/20m contract
We sign Allen Iverson PG to maybe a 2yr/20m contract
Make a trade with the Golden State Warriors

Golden State Warriors receive:
PG- Jose Calderon
2nd Round Pick (2009-2010 Draft)

Toronto Raptors receive:
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Anthony Randolph

Why the warriors do that? Because they are wanting to get rid of Jamal Crawford and willing to include Belinelli or Randolph in the deal to get rid of him. And the Warriors could use a great young talent in Calderon.

Raptors Lineup 2009-2010 Season

C- Andrea Bargnani/ Kris Humphries/ Nathan Jawai
PF- Chris Bosh/ Pops Mensah-Bonsu/ Patrick O'Bryant
SF- Ron Artest/ Anthony Randolph
SG- Jamal Crawford/ James Harden
PG- Allen Iverson/ Roko Ukic/ Marcus Banks

I think Chris Bosh will want to resign to that and ill think they will finnaly make it over the hump to the 2nd round of playoffs or possibly contenders for the Championship.

PREDICTED W/L RECORD FOR 2009/2010 SEASON (WITH THAT ROSTER)

56-26

and we will also have alot of expirings in 2011 (MENSAH BONSU, Kris humphries, marcus banks, jason kapono, ai, ron artest) the future with this roster would also look very bright!

reevanson
04-02-2009, 05:59 PM
I have just though this through and i think this could possibly lead us to an elite team, iff....

PG- Jose Calderon

Toronto Raptors receive:
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Anthony Randolph

Why the warriors do that? Because they are wanting to get rid of Jamal Crawford and willing to include Belinelli or Randolph in the deal to get rid of him. And the Warriors could use a great young talent in Calderon.

I think Chris Bosh will want to resign to that and ill think they will finnaly make it over the hump to the 2nd round of playoffs or possibly contenders for the Championship.

56-26

and we will also have alot of expirings in 2011 (MENSAH BONSU, Kris humphries, marcus banks, jason kapono, ai, ron artest) the future with this roster would also look very bright!

i would take our line up over that one but interesting concept

LD V2.0
04-02-2009, 06:12 PM

PG- Jose Calderon

Toronto Raptors receive:
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Anthony Randolph

56-26

I just threw up in my mouth.

reevanson
04-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I just threw up in my mouth.

hahahahahaha :clap::clap:

Nocturnal Rat
04-02-2009, 07:01 PM
If Marion won't resign I figure he's a low risk signing. If it doesn't work out you send him to the bench and he retires.

A.I. is not going to be happy about that at all.

rapswin98
04-02-2009, 08:22 PM
the answer is a cancer, end of story close thread

RaptorFan89
04-02-2009, 08:48 PM
No,no,no,no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More shats!
04-02-2009, 09:02 PM
i just threw up in my mouth.

+ 100

Life'sABrees
04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
No,no,no,no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely agree and second the notion... one of the worst ideas we could have.

LD V2.0
04-04-2009, 06:47 PM
"I don't think A.I. has much of a market … if any," one Western Conference executive said. "Maybe some team that wants to get a ticket-sale bump. But a serious club, no way. His act is tired, and even in his best years, I don't think he was great enough to put up with all the B.S. he put teams through."

Said another decision-maker in the West: "If he only wants to start, his career may be over."

"Most basketball guys wouldn't touch him," one Western Conference executive said
ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090404-05)

tkshy
04-04-2009, 08:26 PM
So the Raptors are on a 6 game winning streak and you know what that means. All is well in Raptorland. Bosh is happy, and he is our franchise player and MLSE is going to believe him when he says he doesn't want to leave and then does and we get nothing. That being said here is our team for next as I see. What can we do to improve it?

PG-Jose,Ukic,Banks (i am ok with that)
SG-A.I., AP, DeRozan
SF-Marion,Graham (ok)
PF-Bosh,Pops,Jawai (nice)
C-Bargs, O'Bryant, Rasho (not bad)

Need to be traded to fill the holes Hump, Kapono.
Need to be signed A.I., Rasho
Need to draft DeRozan

Raptors27
04-04-2009, 08:28 PM
I definitely don't agree that we must sign A. Iverson.

Murphy_Dee
04-04-2009, 08:40 PM
No AI please

pulzar
04-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Me, too.

SG-A.I., AP, DeRozan
Ouch, I really hope not. We *must not* get a ball hog for an SG... Bosh and Bargnani should be getting those touches.

SF-Marion,Graham (ok)
Yeah, that's ok.

Nice? It sucks, IMO. You gotta get somebody better than Pops and Jawai to be coming in after Bosh, or you're going to have a major drop-off with the second team.

Not bad with Rasho. Although, there's no way O'Bryant would be the number #2 centre.

We'd be a little thin at SF without Kapono... but I guess Pops could play a few minutes there if needed.

RaptorsFanatic
04-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Where the **** did you get AI from son?

Close this please.

ink
04-04-2009, 09:04 PM
So the Raptors are on a 6 game winning streak and you know what that means. All is well in Raptorland. Bosh is happy, and he is our franchise player and MLSE is going to believe him when he says he doesn't want to leave and then does and we get nothing. That being said here is our team for next as I see. What can we do to improve it?

SG-A.I., AP, DeRozan
SF-Marion,Graham (ok)

Need to be signed A.I., Rasho
Need to draft DeRozan

Merged with the AI thread.

Read the article LD just posted. No AI nowhere.

WaterBoy24
04-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Are u kidding me...this guy is faking injury so he wont come off the bench...selfish....look what he did 2 detroit...
This guy is always been about him self....NO THANKS...

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED...