PDA

View Full Version : Awards

Hellcrooner
03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
I think we have seen enough of the season to have a first look at awards.

Mine

Mvp : Lebron.

Coach: Clevelands.

GM: NY

Defensive Player: Kobe

Rookie: Westbrook.

Most improved: Devin Harris.

All Nba : Billups, Kobe,Lebron, Pau, Howard

secon all Nba :Paul,Wade, Durant, Kg, Duncan

third all Nba : Harris, Joe johnson,Artest ,Jefferson,Ming

All rookie: Westbrook, Rose,OJ Mayo, Lopez, Gasol

second: Gordon, Rudy Fernandez, Beasley, Love, Thompson

Kenny
03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Kobe defensive player is laughable.. Thats either Howard or Lebron's award.. Cavs are 1st in the NBA in defense

ATX
03-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Wade not being on the All NBA 1st team is laughable. Just my opinion, so don't hate.

ertanozgur
03-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Mvp : Kobe.

Coach: George Karl

GM: Mitch Kupchak

Defensive Player: D. Howard

Rookie: Rose

All Nba : Wade, Kobe,Lebron, Duncan, Howard

this is mine

Jonathan2323
03-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Wade not being on the All NBA 1st team is laughable. Just my opinion, so don't hate.

yeah he is having the best season out of anyone.

sp1derm00
03-06-2009, 01:26 PM
MVP: Kobe

Coach: Mike Brown

GM: Mark Warkentien (Nuggets GM, he brought Chauncey over and BAM!)

Defensive Player of the Year: Dwight Howard

Rookie of the Year: Derrick Rose

Most Improved player: Devin Harris

All-NBA 1st team : Wade, Kobe,Lebron, Duncan, Howard
All-NBA 2nd team: Paul, Billups, Durant, Garnett, Pau
All-NBa 3rd team: Deron, Roy, Pierce, Dirk, Yao

All-NBA Defensive 1st team: Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, Howard

All-Rookie: Westbrook, Rose, OJ Mayo, Lopez, Gasol

GodsSon
03-06-2009, 01:27 PM
GM: Donnie Walsh/Danny Ferry
DPOY: Duncan/Howard
MIP: Harris/Granger

Hellcrooner
03-06-2009, 01:31 PM
yeah he is having the best season out of anyone.
Whats Lakers Record?

Whats Miamis?

What was last years Record of Denver with Iverson? What is THIS year with Billups?

Thats Why.

And ask any Laker forum guy, i dont really like Kobe, but whats fair is fair.

IRUAM #21
03-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Whats Lakers Record?

Whats Miamis?

What was last years Record of Denver with Iverson? What is THIS year with Billups?

Thats Why.

Team Record has nothing to do with making the All Nba team, in 2006-2007 season the Lakers were 42-40,and were 19 games behind the Suns in the Division and Kobe made the 1st team.

what54!?
03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
MVP: Lebron

Coach: Mike brown

GM: Danny Ferry

Defensive player: Dwight Howard

Rookie: westbrook or rose

MIP: Granger or Harris

1st All-NBA: Kobe, Wade, lebron, TD, Howard
2nd All-NBA: CP3, Williams, Joe Johnson, KG, Gasol
3rd All-NBA: Roy, Billups, Melo, Bosh, Yao

1st All-rookie team: Rose, Westbrook, mayo, Beasley, Lopez
2nd All-rookie team: Gordon, Rudy, Love, Thompson, Gasol

kntresistheheat
03-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Whats Lakers Record?

Whats Miamis?

Thats Why.

YOU MY FRIEND FAILED!!!!

"WhatIf"
03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
MVP: LeBron

Coach: Jerry Sloan

GM: Nuggets GM

Defensive Player: Dwight

Most Improved: Devin Harris

DrDEADalready
03-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Jerry sloan needs to get coach of the year for the fact of givin all the injuries and all the different line ups he's had to do. Is in the playoff hunt. and trying to get home court advantage for the first round. if we can do that. I think he should be a Honorable mention.

Julio Zuleta
03-06-2009, 01:57 PM

Mine

pau on the first team is laughable

hotdogbun
03-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Whats Lakers Record?

Whats Miamis?

Thats Why.

last year w/ iverson 50-32, this year with billups 40-22. and how do you know that billups was the one why the nuggets improved? im not saying his not but what makes u sure? what if its the departure of camby that gave nene a chance to shine? or what if its melo who has improved his game besides scoring? and billups doesnt deserve 1st team. even if im a laker fan no way gasol makes it either lol

chrislu31
03-06-2009, 02:03 PM
mvp: lebron

coach: mike brown

defensive: dwight

mip: devin harris

1st team: kobe, lebron, dwight, wade, cp3

2nd: harris, duncan, granger, durant, bosh

sp1derm00
03-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Team Record has nothing to do with making the All Nba team, in 2006-2007 season the Lakers were 42-40,and were 19 games behind the Suns in the Division and Kobe made the 1st team.

Wow, you bring that season up? REALLY? Bad memory or something or just a pure hater?

That season was a goddamn MASTERPIECE of a season.

JORDAN would be hard pressed to replicate what Kobe did that season.

Kobe's fellow starters that season included Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom, and Kwame Brown.

THREE of those players are/were/is considered TRASH. Lamar Odom was there for maybe HALF of the season, the rest of that season, he pulled the infamous LO dissapearing act.

Did you even follow what was happening with the Lakers when Kobe went on a scoring spree and dropped 40+ ppg in however many consecutive games? Do you remember how Kobe almost single-handedly took down the Dallas Mavericks by himself?! Do you remember WHY Kobe had to put up 81 points in a game?

Now take a look at the talent Wade has with him this year.

Marion, Beasley, Haslem.---- Now, you might be thinking HASLEM? Look at Haslem's output compared to Kwame's that year:

Haslem: 10.6ppg 8.4rpg
Kwame: 8.4ppg, 6rpg (yes, that's right, 6rpg from a #1 overall 7-foot draft pick).

Not only that, but Wade now has Jermaine O'neal, a player we were almost willing to give up Odom AND Bynum for after that season. He still has Haslem, still has Beasley, but now has Jamario Moon as well.

The fact that Wade plays in the East makes it a lot easier for him to win more games than it would have been for Kobe. Right now in the East, only 3 teams are better than Miami... Cavs, Celtics, Magic. The rest should be relatively easy wins.

That season Kobe played in the West, the West was filled with 40+ win teams... meaning, a LOT less easy games, a LOT more hard games.

You tell me which is more impressive... Kobe's season in 06'-07' or Wade's this year. Put Kobe on Wade's team this season and 4 games above .500 would be underperforming.

THAT's why if only one SG makes it on the All-NBA 1st team, Kobe should be that SG. Thankfully, it's two guards, not one PG and one SG. Both Kobe and Wade deserve it this season.

GoatMilk
03-06-2009, 02:20 PM
This has to be Jerry Sloan's year to get COY.
Has to be

IRUAM #21
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Wow, you bring that season up? REALLY? Bad memory or something or just a pure hater?

Kobe's fellow starters that season included Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom, and Kwame Brown.

THREE of those players are/were/is considered TRASH. Lamar Odom was there for maybe HALF of the season, the rest of that season, he pulled the infamous LO dissapearing act.

Did you even follow what was happening with the Lakers when Kobe went on a scoring spree and dropped 40+ ppg in however many consecutive games? Do you remember how Kobe almost single-handedly took down the Dallas Mavericks by himself?! Do you remember WHY Kobe had to put up 81 points in a game?

Marion, Beasley, Haslem.---- Now, you might be thinking HASLEM? Look at Haslem's output compared to Kwame's that year:

Kwame: 8.4ppg, 6rpg (yes, that's right, 6rpg from a #1 overall 7-foot draft pick).

Not only that, but Wade now has Jermaine O'neal, a player we were almost willing to give up Odom AND Bynum for after that season. He still has Haslem, still has Beasley, but now has Jamario Moon as well.

The fact that Wade plays in the East makes it a lot easier for him to win more games than it would have been for Kobe. Right now in the East, only 3 teams are better than Miami... Cavs, Celtics, Magic. The rest should be relatively easy wins.

That season Kobe played in the West, the West was filled with 40+ win teams... meaning, a LOT less easy games, a LOT more hard games.

You tell me which is more impressive... Kobe's season in 06'-07' or Wade's this year. Put Kobe on Wade's team this season and 4 games above .500 would be underperforming.

THAT's why if only one SG makes it on the All-NBA 1st team, Kobe should be that SG. Thankfully, it's two guards, not one PG and one SG. Both Kobe and Wade deserve it this season.

I Agree Wade has the better team, im just saying that has nothing to do with making the all NBA team, it goes by who has the better stats, that year Kobe lead the League in scoring, just like Wade is doing this Year, and on paper our team looks good, with guys like O'Neal, Haslem ,Beasley, etc, but trust me nobody on the Heat is consistent at all except Wade, i definitely agree that both of them Deserve to be on the 1st Team though.

Faneik
03-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Mine

lol

mrblisterdundee
03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
MVP: LeBron James

Coach of the Year: Nate McMillan

6th Man of the Year: Rip or Odom (whoever played off the bench the longest)

Most Improved Player of the Year: Devin Harris

Rookie of the Year: Russell Westbrook

JJ81
03-06-2009, 03:36 PM

Mine

Billups ahead of Paul and Wade? Wow.

Hellcrooner
03-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Yes Billups ahead of Paul and wade, man the way he has turned around Denver is UNBELIEVABLE, when season started the conversation about the Nuggets was if they would Make the playoffs or end 9th, now the conversation is if they get the second seed and if they are good enough to make it to the finals.

Thats how good he has been.

And anyone saying Pau does not have a shot, care to check lakers record since he is on board, anybody noticed he has a higer Win share than Kobe itself?

Hope we win the damm ring and people start respecting him ....but well i guess not even then they will.

DocUSN
03-06-2009, 05:28 PM

Mine

:pity:

UK Bull
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
This has to be Jerry Sloan's year to get COY.
Has to be

Yeah i think Sloan to

GM: Donnie Walsh
DP: Dwight
MIP: Harris
6th Man: Jason Terry

bostncelts34
03-06-2009, 05:34 PM

Mine

....wow lol. Pau on first team in front of Duncan and KG? Artest? And kobe for DPOY? DURANT on 2nd team? gotta be kidding me, wow. lol

MVP-Lebron
COY-SLoan
ROY-Mayo
MIP-Harris/Shaq(long shot, but he took huge strides this year from last)
DPOY: Howard

First team: Billups/kobe/lebron/duncan/howard
Second : Paul/Wade/dirk/kg/Ming
third : Williams/JJ/Pierce/gasol/Aj

I know, sometimes these guys are F's, sometimes C's..its difficult

bostncelts34
03-06-2009, 05:38 PM
mvp: lebron

coach: mike brown

defensive: dwight

mip: devin harris

1st team: kobe, lebron, dwight, wade, cp3

2nd: harris, duncan, granger, durant, bosh

You have 3 guards on your first team...

And then 4 forwards on your second team lol

Sidious
03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Kobe defensive player is laughable.. Thats either Howard or Lebron's award.. Cavs are 1st in the NBA in defense

Kobe's defense pwns Lebron's defense. Are u serious???

Cavs are 1st in the NBA in defense? So?

superkegger
03-06-2009, 05:52 PM
MVP: As much as I would like to say Kobe, it's LeBron

ROY: I'd like to say Kevin Love, but it's Rose is going to get it, as he should.

MIP: Probably Harris, no one else comes to mind really.

COY: It's a tough call this year. No one really stands out as, damn, they coached their *** off. But, with the way the Jazz have been playing as of late, and where they will likely end up (my guess, 5th seed), its about ****ing time Jerry Sloan got recognized for his greatness. Not only would it be fitting for him to win it, but especially this year. With Larry Miller passing away, his all time great backcourt teammate Norm Vanlier passing away, and the injuries that Jazz team has gone through, I hope the media, if they do nothing else right this season in awards voting, get this one right.

Executive of the Year: Don't know who it is in Denver, but that move to get Billups, genius, and moving camby and believing in Nene, turned out to be brilliant. They earned this one.

DPOY: I'd have to say Dwight Howard. Leads the leauge in Defensive rating and Defensive win shares, rebounding, blocks, 3rd in D rebound %, 5th in block percentage, impressive.

First team all NBA: Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Duncan, Dwight

Second Team all NBA: Paul, Deron, Melo, Pau, Yao.

Defensive first team: Paul, Wade, Lebron, KG, Dwight.

EX-TREME
03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
MVP : bron
Coach : svg
Dpoy : d-12
roy - rose
mip : harris
6th man : jason terry
All nba : wade , kobe , bron , duncan , dwight
second: cp3 , roy , pierce or melo , kg , yao

Defensive first team: Paul, Wade, Lebron, KG, Dwight

rookie team : Westbrook, Rose, OJ Mayo, Lopez, Gasol

NBA Finals champion = Orlando magic beat the lakers in 6 games

bill russell award winner = DWIGHT HOWARD

Vinny642
03-06-2009, 06:33 PM
oh I see no one is gonna pick Rasual Butler for MIP fine then.
MVP- Lebron
MIP- D Harris
DPOY- Dwight
Coach- Van Gundy or Mike Brown(probably Brown)
Rookie(hard one)- Oj Mayo( but i think Rose will win it)

ARMIN12NBA
03-06-2009, 06:45 PM

Lebron as the DPOY is even more laughable. More like a sick joke really...

DocUSN
03-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Lebron as the DPOY is even more laughable. More like a sick joke really...

LBJ is the most improved Defenise player imo, not the Dpoy, but its not a sick joke,

What hes done on defenes this year is increadiable given the offensive load he carrys, it puts him in a rare class.

Catfish1314
03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
MVP: LeBron James
ROY: Derrick Rose
MIP: Devin Harris
6th Man: Jason Terry
DPOY: Dwight Howard
COY: Jerry Sloan

All First Team: Paul/Kobe/LeBron/Duncan/Howard
All Second Team: Deron/Wade/Anthony (should be Granger but Melo's team is better)/Garnett/Yao
All Third Team: Billups/Roy/Pierce/Dirk/Shaq

All Defensive Team: Paul/Wade/LeBron/Duncan/Howard

ARMIN12NBA
03-06-2009, 07:02 PM
LBJ is the most improved Defenise player imo, not the Dpoy, but its not a sick joke,

What hes done on defenes this year is increadiable given the offensive load he carrys, it puts him in a rare class.

Just because Lebron has improved in terms of more blocks and more highlights on ESPN, doesn't make him a better man on man defender. Being improved also does not make him the DPOY as you rightly said so. Your point about what he's doing on defense to be incredible is very, very overstated. Lebron is play average and nice defense. Certainly better than his previous years of being subpar, but it doesn't make his year incredible in terms of defense. He is definitely not in a rare class.

Garnett deserves the DPOY once again.

Vinny642
03-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Just because Lebron has improved in terms of more blocks and more highlights on ESPN, doesn't make him a better man on man defender. Being improved also does not make him the DPOY as you rightly said so. Your point about what he's doing on defense to be incredible is very, very overstated. Lebron is play average and nice defense. Certainly better than his previous years of being subpar, but it doesn't make his year incredible in terms of defense. He is definitely not in a rare class.

Garnett deserves the DPOY once again.

Over Dwight?, idk its pretty close

DreamShaker
03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Mvp : Lebron James

Coach: Eric Spoelstra

GM: Nobody really stands out....

Defensive Player: Howard

Most improved: Kevin Durant

All Nba : Wade/Kobe/Lebron/Duncan/Howard

second all Nba: Paul/Roy/Pierce/Gasol/Yao

6th Man: Nate

Bulls4Lyfe
03-06-2009, 07:22 PM
MVP: As much as I would like to say Kobe, it's LeBron

ROY: I'd like to say Kevin Love, but it's Rose is going to get it, as he should.

MIP: Probably Harris, no one else comes to mind really.

COY: It's a tough call this year. No one really stands out as, damn, they coached their *** off. But, with the way the Jazz have been playing as of late, and where they will likely end up (my guess, 5th seed), its about ****ing time Jerry Sloan got recognized for his greatness. Not only would it be fitting for him to win it, but especially this year. With Larry Miller passing away, his all time great backcourt teammate Norm Vanlier passing away, and the injuries that Jazz team has gone through, I hope the media, if they do nothing else right this season in awards voting, get this one right.

Executive of the Year: Don't know who it is in Denver, but that move to get Billups, genius, and moving camby and believing in Nene, turned out to be brilliant. They earned this one.

DPOY: I'd have to say Dwight Howard. Leads the leauge in Defensive rating and Defensive win shares, rebounding, blocks, 3rd in D rebound %, 5th in block percentage, impressive.

First team all NBA: Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Duncan, Dwight

Second Team all NBA: Paul, Deron, Melo, Pau, Yao.

Defensive first team: Paul, Wade, Lebron, KG, Dwight.

good picks

LakersKB24
03-06-2009, 07:59 PM

Coach: Nate McMillan

GM: Donnie Walsh or Nuggets

Rookie of the Year: Derrick Rose (very hard to say... OJ and Russell are in the mix)

Most Improved player: Devin Harris

superkegger
03-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Mvp : Lebron James

Coach: Eric Spoelstra

GM: Nobody really stands out....

Most improved: Kevin Durant

All Nba : Wade/Kobe/Lebron/Duncan/Howard

second all Nba: Paul/Roy/Pierce/Gasol/Yao

6th Man: Nate

What has spoelstra done to deserve talks of being COY? Sure the heat are better than last year, can't get worse really, but we constantly hear that's ALL because of Wade....and to a degree, I agree. I don't think spoelstra has done any kind of great coaching job that deserves COY recognition.

philab
03-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Why do I keep seeing Chris Paul on All-Defensive 1st team?

dre1990
03-06-2009, 08:30 PM

no:cool:

dre1990
03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Mvp : Kobe

Coach: Doc Rivers.

GM: Mark Warkentien (Denver's)

All Nba : Dwayne, Kobe, Lebron, TD, Dwight

secon all Nba: CP3, Chauncey, Paul Peirce, Dirk, Yao
third all Nba : Brandon Roy, Deron Williams, Danny Granger, Jefferson,Pau Gasol

All rookie: Westbrook, Rose, OJ Mayo, Beasley, Gasol

Korman12
03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
MVP: Lebron
GM: Walsh
Most Improved: Harris
Rookie: Rose (May Change)

ARMIN12NBA
03-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Why do I keep seeing Chris Paul on All-Defensive 1st team?

Just like with Lebron, people see a big name and a steals (or blocks) stat so they think that quantifies as good defensive play. In reality, that is not true.

ARMIN12NBA
03-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Over Dwight?, idk its pretty close

Easily and it is not close at all. Look at the Celtics defense without Garnett as well. Their defense isn't as good as it is with him. Not to mention Garnett is simply a better defensive player than Dwight. Dwight is a good shot-blocker, but that doesn't mean we should hand him the Defensive Player of the Year.

philab
03-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Just like with Lebron, people see a big name and a steals (or blocks) stat so they think that quantifies as good defensive play. In reality, that is not true.

Yeah . . .

It's a little different, IMO. First, LeBron is much more likely to actually make the team, whether deserving or not. And second, LeBron is a better defender than Paul.

But yeah, blocks and steals =/= good defense.

ARMIN12NBA
03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah . . .

It's a little different, IMO. First, LeBron is much more likely to actually make the team, whether deserving or not. And second, LeBron is a better defender than Paul.

But yeah, blocks and steals =/= good defense.

Lebron is having more highlight blocks this year, but that doesn't mean he is a defensive teamer. The forward spots should contain some variation of Garnett, Duncan, Battier, Artest, and Prince.

ntat
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
whats ridiculous is that u just said that Lebron should win Def player of the year. Thats pretty awful.

superkegger
03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Lebron is 4th in defensive rating and 2nd in defensive win shares, he's doing something right.

As far as guards go, Rajon Rondo should probably be ahead of any other pg's, i dont know about guard, but ahead of all other PG's in terms of defensive teams. I don't think I listed it that way in my first list, but I'm saying it now.

Vinny642
03-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Easily and it is not close at all. Look at the Celtics defense without Garnett as well. Their defense isn't as good as it is with him. Not to mention Garnett is simply a better defensive player than Dwight. Dwight is a good shot-blocker, but that doesn't mean we should hand him the Defensive Player of the Year.

I didnt ask you.... I was saying that I think its pretty close between them.

philab
03-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Lebron is having more highlight blocks this year, but that doesn't mean he is a defensive teamer. The forward spots should contain some variation of Garnett, Duncan, Battier, Artest, and Prince.

Didn't say that -- just that he is a much better defender than Paul and that he has a chance to make Defensive All-NBA (something none of us have a vote on).

Vinny642
03-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Didn't say that -- just that he is a much better defender than Paul and that he has a chance to make Defensive All-NBA (something none of us have a vote on).

Whoa?
Paul Pierce or Cp3?
If cp3 why are you comparing their defenses.

bostncelts34
03-06-2009, 10:59 PM

I tend to agree with you. While Dwight is without a doubt a better shot blocker and can jump to get more rebounds. KG plays a better all defense, as u can see by the celtics missing him.

bostncelts34
03-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Lebron is 4th in defensive rating and 2nd in defensive win shares, he's doing something right.

As far as guards go, Rajon Rondo should probably be ahead of any other pg's, i dont know about guard, but ahead of all other PG's in terms of defensive teams. I don't think I listed it that way in my first list, but I'm saying it now.

oh wow.. lakers fan giving rondo some defensive love. nice nice haha

philab
03-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Whoa?
Paul Pierce or Cp3?
If cp3 why are you comparing their defenses.

Chris Paul -- actually read the thread and you'll see why.

superkegger
03-06-2009, 11:05 PM
oh wow.. lakers fan giving rondo some defensive love. nice nice haha

I am a lakers fan. I am also a fan of the game. Rondo is the best defensive pg in the game IMO. Sure the defensive team around him helps (all but ray allen are top 20 in the NBA in defensive rating! nucking futs man), but rondo has clearly shown he's a very good defender. First team all NBA, idk, probably. Not that it really matters, since all nba and defensive teams are basically pick on reputation and are usually poorly chosen, usually worse than fan votes for the all star games. So, how they actually end up doesn't really mean dick.

bostncelts34
03-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I am a lakers fan. I am also a fan of the game. Rondo is the best defensive pg in the game IMO. Sure the defensive team around him helps (all but ray allen are top 20 in the NBA in defensive rating! nucking futs man), but rondo has clearly shown he's a very good defender.

Hes definitly a great defender, but he has trouble with bigger pg's would can post him up. this is where KG helps. haha

Kakaroach
03-06-2009, 11:10 PM
MVP - LeBron James
Most Improved - Devin Harris
Coach - Jerry Sloan
6th Man - Nate Robinson
Defensive - Dwight Howard

Vinny642
03-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Chris Paul -- actually read the thread and you'll see why.

I don't feel like going back but what page so I can see what your talking about.

alexander_37
03-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Artest not on the Defensive team?????????

Artest VS. Lebron , Lebron shoots 7-21 for 21 points ZERO Assists 1 rebound

bostncelts34
03-06-2009, 11:20 PM

so with this theory...Pierce is holding lebron to what...4-14 shooting right now? SO this means pierce should be All defensive team? lol thats a horrible wya to look at it by 1 game, versus one player lol.

Vinny642
03-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Yo Alex37, nice sig pic!! Number 18, lol I kinda just noticed that Coach mora looks like the coach from the comebacks just with full hair and younger

philab
03-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't feel like going back but what page so I can see what your talking about.

Geez, okay, here's the quick rundown:

I questioned those who picked Paul for Defensive 1st team (because he's nowhere near deserving). Armin12NBA gave a logical reason for those [incorrectly] picking Paul and went on to compare it to people choosing LeBron. I pointed out the slight distinction between the two selections. That's about it. Really not that interesting.

Vinny642
03-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Cp3 isn't All Defense 1st team, he is the best at steals, but you guys underrate his defense because of his size, he can hold his own.Maybe Defensive 3rd but he is definitely a All NBA team 1 or 2.

philab
03-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Cp3 isn't All Defense 1st team, he is the best at steals, but you guys underrate his defense because of his size, he can hold his own.Maybe Defensive 3rd but he is definitely a All NBA team 1 or 2.

No, I (and I assume Armin12NBA) just don't OVERRATE his defense like those picking him for 1st team. I don't really feel like arguing his defensive prowess (or lack thereof), but he's clearly not 1st team. I think we can agree on that. And yes, he gets a lot of steals and is worthy of 1st or 2nd team All-NBA.

Chronz
03-07-2009, 01:25 AM
MVP - LeBron James
Most Improved - Devin Harris or Durant
Coach - Scott Skiles
6th Man - Nate Robinson
Defensive - Dwight or Bron

All-NBA
1st: CP3, Wade, Kobe, Bron, Duncan
2nd: Billups, Deron, KG, Dirk, Dwight
3rd: Roy, Devin, Pierce, Amare, Yao

Defensive:
Battier, Iggy, Bron, Artest, Dwight
Rondo, Kobe, Wallace, KG, Duncan

I always tend to forget some players when I do this but for now these are off the top of my head.

RealistRocket34
03-07-2009, 03:25 AM
MVP - Kobe
DPOY - Dwight Howard
ROY - D. Rose
GM - Cavs, Danny Ferry
Coach - Stan Van Gundy
MIP - Devin Harris
6th - Jason Terry

All-NBA
1st: Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Duncan, Howard

2nd: CP3, Billups, Pierce, Dirk, Yao

3rd: Deron, Roy, Melo, KG, Shaq

All-NBA defense
1st: Billups, Kobe, Battier, Duncan, Dwight

2nd: Chalmers, Wade, LeBron, Kg, Yao

MossIsBoss
03-07-2009, 03:42 AM

Coach: Van Gundy

Defensive Player: Dwight Howard

Rookie: Derrick Rose

All Nba : CP3, Kobe,Lebron, Duncan, Howard

secon all Nba : Billups,Wade, Pierce, Kg, Shaq

third all Nba : Harris, Joe Johnson, Durant, Dirk , Al Jefferson

JayW_1023
03-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Ramon Sessions should be MIP in my opinion. We all knew Devin Harris, Danny Granger and Kevin Durant were pretty good players already.

Who saw Ramon Sessions coming...his play has been incredible...he is has been steady and consistentrs, and solid defense...and he was great as 6th man as well. One of the main reasons the Bucks are making that postseason run. He is better than Nate Robinson by far.

MIP runner up is Paul Millsap, because he played on an all-star level when Boozer was out. Before this season he was a solid roleplayer. No expected him to emerge and keep the Jazz afloat during all these injury woes.

I also think Van Gundy's Shaq fued has hurt his COY chances...right now Jerry Sloan is more deserving aside the fact that he is way overdue.

DreamShaker
03-07-2009, 07:56 AM
What has spoelstra done to deserve talks of being COY? Sure the heat are better than last year, can't get worse really, but we constantly hear that's ALL because of Wade....and to a degree, I agree. I don't think spoelstra has done any kind of great coaching job that deserves COY recognition.

:shrug:

I think considering he took over for a HOF coach...has had no Center half the season...has held Beasley accountable...he's done a great job....

Wilson
03-07-2009, 08:25 AM
MVP: Dwyane Wade

Coach of the Year: :shrug:

GM: Denver's (sorry, don't know his name :o)

Rookie of the Year: Derrick Rose

Most Improved Player: Devin Harris

All NBA 1st team: Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard

All NBA 2nd team: Chris Paul, Deron Willams, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Garnett, Yao Ming

All NBA 3rd team: Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups, Paul Pierce, Pau Gasol, Shaq? (I really want to put Bynum there, but I don't think he's there yet).

Wilson
03-07-2009, 08:36 AM

Didn't they switch the main defender on LeBron a lot though (mostly switching between Artest and Battier?).

You're right though, Artest should make the defensive team.

Ramon Sessions should be MIP in my opinion. We all knew Devin Harris, Danny Granger and Kevin Durant were pretty good players already.

Who saw Ramon Sessions coming...his play has been incredible...he is has been steady and consistentrs, and solid defense...and he was great as 6th man as well. One of the main reasons the Bucks are making that postseason run. He is better than Nate Robinson by far.

MIP runner up is Paul Millsap, because he played on an all-star level when Boozer was out. Before this season he was a solid roleplayer. No expected him to emerge and keep the Jazz afloat during all these injury woes.

I also think Van Gundy's Shaq fued has hurt his COY chances...right now Jerry Sloan is more deserving aside the fact that he is way overdue.

I wish I had read this post before I made my picks. I agree with Millsap more than Sessions because of how Sessions turned some heads at the end of last year. I don't think anyone saw Millsap coming though.

AntwanN21
03-07-2009, 11:50 AM
MVP- Lebron
COY- the jazz coach(with all the injuries and what not)
GM- New Yorks(no one has made as many moves)
Defensive Player-Dwight Howard(hes just a beast)
ROY-Rose/Mayo(but the bulls are gonna make the playoffs or else mayo)
Most Improved-Andrea Bargnani(we knew durant and harris were good)

All NBA Team 1

Paul,Wade,Lebron,Kobe,Howard

All NBA Team 2

Billups,Pierce,Bosh,Duncan,Yao (williams and garnett even)

All Rookie Team

Westbrook,Rose,Mayo,Lopez,Gasol

lakersrock
03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
MVP: Kobe Bryant

Coach Of The Year: Stan Van Gundy

GM Of The Year: OKC (Durant, Westbrook, Green, etc.)

Defensive Player Of The Year: Dwight Howard

Rookie Of The Year: Russell Westbrook

Most Improved Player Of The Year: Kevin Durant

All NBA 1st Team : Billups, Kobe, Lebron, Pau, Howard

All NBA 2nd Team : Paul, Wade, Durant, Duncan, Ming

All NBA 3rd Team : Williams, Johnson, Nowitzki, Lee, Jefferson

All Rookie 1st Team: Westbrook, Mayo, Beasley, Gasol, Lopez

All Rookie 2nd Team: Rose, Gordon, Fernandez, Thompson, Love

All Defensive 1st Team: Rondo, Kobe, Battier, KG, Howard

All Defensive 2nd Team: Kidd, Wade, Iguodala, Duncan, Camby

agnine
03-07-2009, 03:23 PM
MVP - Wade
ROY - Mayo
DPOY - Howard
COY - Sloan
MIP - Harris

1st All-NBA - Bryant, Wade, James, Howard, Garnett
2nd - Roy, Duncan, Gasol, Paul, Williams
3rd - Carter, Billups, O'Neal, Johnson, Anthony

Def 1st Team - Bryant, Garnett, James, Wade, Howard

bostncelts34
03-07-2009, 04:23 PM
MVP - Wade
ROY - Mayo
DPOY - Howard
COY - Sloan
MIP - Harris

1st All-NBA - Bryant, Wade, James, Howard, Garnett
2nd - Roy, Duncan, Gasol, Paul, Williams
3rd - Carter, Billups, O'Neal, Johnson, Anthony

Def 1st Team - Bryant, Garnett, James, Wade, Howard

im sorry dude..shaq has had a great year. But by no means an ALL NBA TEAM type of year. Same goes for carter as well.

Chronz
03-07-2009, 04:31 PM

We knew they were pretty good players but they made the leap to become full blown studs. Maybe giving it to Durant is too much considering most expect players to improve their 2nd year in the league but Devin and Granger have improved gradually every year and then just broke out.

Im clueless as to why hes been their 6th man but how can you say hes improved when he hasnt established a precedence for his level of play? I mean we could go by the playing time he got last year but even at the end of last year he was good.

No one? Pretty much all the stat geeks saw it coming. Hes been doing it every year Boozer has gone down even if only for limited bursts. Milsap per minute production has always been impressive, it was only a matter of time before he got the playing time to showcase his skills, but yea hes improved, particularly his shooting. He should get some mentioning for sure.

Cant go wrong with either, heres a who saw for you, who saw the Bucks staying in the playoff race with 2 of their best players out and competing this hard defensively. Didnt oldenpolynice make a thread announcing their death and everyone pretty much agreed it was over for them.

EDIT) NVM I just checked the standings and theyre out now, if they dont make the playoffs then he shouldnt get it, unless they miss it by a game or something the way Doc did when he won it.

GSW fan
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
MVP: LeBron

Coach: Phil Jackson

GM: Denver

6th man: Odom

All-NBA 1st team :
C: Howard
F: Duncan
F: LeBron
G: Kobe
G: Wade

All-NBA 2nd team :
C: Yao
F: Dirk
F: Durant
G: Dwill
G: CP3

All-NBA Defensive 1st team:

Rookie Team:
C: Lopez
F: Randolph (homer?)
F: Gordon
G: Mayo
G: Rose

alexander_37
03-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Didn't they switch the main defender on LeBron a lot though (mostly switching between Artest and Battier?).

You're right though, Artest should make the defensive team.

Yah but Artest was on him all 1st Q and he went 1 of 5. When Battier was switched to him he started playing better.

baller1532
03-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Mine

no melo in all nba? :eyebrow:

baller1532
03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Mvp : Kobe.

Coach: George Karl

GM: Mitch Kupchak

Defensive Player: D. Howard

All Nba : Wade, Kobe,Lebron, Duncan, Howard

this is mine

he shouldn't be. he doesn't rotate well and is terrible at useing timeouts

baller1532
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
how about nene for MIP? he has the best fg % in L (61%), and has improved points and boards!

greatest10
03-08-2009, 10:00 PM
i think the ROY award is gonna have to come down to the wire. anybody who claims their rookie is the best by now hasnt seen al the others. I do think it will probably come down to Rose, and Mayo.

Sidious
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
MVP...Kobe
MIP...Devin Harris
DPOY...Dwight Howard
Coach of the Year...Phil Jackson
ROY...Derrick Rose
GM of the Year...Mitch Kupciak (sp?)

Master Mind
03-08-2009, 11:14 PM
MVP: Wade

Coach: Greg Popovich

GM: ????

6th man: Nate Robinson

All-NBA 1st team :

All-NBA 2nd team :
C: Yao
F: Dirk
F: Durant
G: Dwill
G: CP3

All-NBA Defensive 1st team:

Rookie Team:
C: Lopez
F: Speights
F: Beasley
G: Mayo
G: Rose

ggg
03-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Kobe winning defensive player of the year will be every kobe fan's dream. somethin he doesnt have on mj. lol.

MVP - whichever team's superstar finishes first in the entire league. If the heat comes in like 4th and finishes real strong, wade.

most improved - tough one but id go with devin harris. Granger improves every year but this year was devin harris' year.

Defensive player - Howard, well deserved.

Rooike of the year - i think this is overrated, anyone with high stats on a bad team will win this.

6th man - JETterry.

Coach of the year - erik spoelstra.

GM- mitch

the avenger
03-09-2009, 09:09 AM
MVP: Dwyane Wade

Coach: Stan Van Gundy

GM: who cares

6th man: Nate Robinson

All-NBA 1st team :
F: James
G: Bryant

All-NBA 2nd team :
C: Ming
F: Nowitzki
F: Pierce
G: Roy
G: Paul

All-NBA 3rd team :
C: O'Neal
F: Gasol
F: Granger
G: Roy
G: Billups

bostncelts34
03-09-2009, 09:17 AM
MVP...Kobe
MIP...Devin Harris
DPOY...Dwight Howard
Coach of the Year...Phil Jackson
ROY...Derrick Rose
GM of the Year...Mitch Kupciak (sp?)

an you please tell me why Mitch is GM of the year? he didnt do one single thing this year lol.

Phil jackson shouldnt be COY either. Amazing coach yes..but all he has had to deal with is the bynum injury. Still had a star studded lineup. Jerry Sloan deserves it much more.

bostncelts34
03-09-2009, 09:20 AM
I also think people over rate Howards defense a little. After watching the BOS/ORL game yesterday. He gets alot of blocks yes, but he gets them by completely leaving his man under the hoop and coming weak side to block it. That doesnt equal a great defender IMO. All his blocks are just him laying in the weeds, not on his own man. Also, EVERY block he had yesterday, he pretty much swatted it of the court, whats the point of that? Gave us the ball right back. Therefor, making the block not really mean much.

$KnicksAndKobe$
03-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Mvp: Kobe Bryant
Coach: Mike Brown (CAVS COACH)
GM: Donnie Walsh
Defensive Player: Ron Artest
Rookie: Russel Westbrook
Most improved: Devin Harris/NeNe !TIED!

All NBA: Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Dwight
Second All NBA: Chris Paul, Brandon Roy, Kevin Durant, KG, Yao Ming
Third All NBA : Derron Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Chris Bosh, Shaq

All rookie: Rose, Westbrook, Mayo, Gordon, Lopez(or Gasol I dunno yet)
Rokkie2nd: Chalmers, Beasley, Fernandez, Thompson, Gosal(or Lopez)

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 03:49 PM

a season jordan would be hardpressed to beat, really. are you this stupid. jordan had about 5 better seasons. and on top of that jermaine o'neal has been on the heat for all of what, 10 games. and you don't even take into account that he's pretty garbage now. he used to be near all 1st nba team...do you have any idea what you're talking about

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I am a lakers fan. I am also a fan of the game. Rondo is the best defensive pg in the game IMO. Sure the defensive team around him helps (all but ray allen are top 20 in the NBA in defensive rating! nucking futs man), but rondo has clearly shown he's a very good defender. First team all NBA, idk, probably. Not that it really matters, since all nba and defensive teams are basically pick on reputation and are usually poorly chosen, usually worse than fan votes for the all star games. So, how they actually end up doesn't really mean dick.

deron williams is a better defender than rondo...

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 03:59 PM
so with this theory...Pierce is holding lebron to what...4-14 shooting right now? SO this means pierce should be All defensive team? lol thats a horrible wya to look at it by 1 game, versus one player lol.

true not good to use 1 game. artest still deserves to be on the all defensive team

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
the all nba defensive teams i've seen are pretty garbage, putting guys like lebron, wade and kobe on the all defensive team is a joke. kobe maybe, the others hell no. those guys are stat stuffers they put up good defensive numbers but thats not what makes a good defender.

good defenders, make the guys they're guarding take tough shots, changing they're shots. being in good position, stopping the player from getting the ball.

blocks is one of the most overrated stats in the game...most blocks look nice but the other team usully just gets the ball back...and starts over...

here's my all defensive first, second and third team

1st: deron williams, gerald wallace, ron artest, kg, dwight howard
2nd: rajon rondo, kobe, shane battier, tayshaun prince, tim duncan
3rd: chris paul, raja bell, andrei kirilenko, rony turiaf, yao ming

what54!?
03-09-2009, 04:27 PM
the all nba defensive teams i've seen are pretty garbage, putting guys like lebron, wade and kobe on the all defensive team is a joke. kobe maybe, the others hell no. those guys are stat stuffers they put up good defensive numbers but thats not what makes a good defender.

good defenders, make the guys they're guarding take tough shots, changing they're shots. being in good position, stopping the player from getting the ball.
blocks is one of the most overrated stats in the game...most blocks look nice but the other team usully just gets the ball back...and starts over...

here's my all defensive first, second and third team

1st: deron williams, gerald wallace, ron artest, kg, dwight howard
2nd: rajon rondo, kobe, shane battier, tayshaun prince, tim duncan
3rd: chris paul, raja bell, andrei kirilenko, rony turiaf, yao ming:eyebrow:

montazingmvp
03-09-2009, 04:37 PM
:eyebrow:

do you think thats wrong???? do you know anything about basketball. i suppose you can only be a good defender if you can only get steals and blocks??

jkiddvc20
03-09-2009, 04:38 PM
MVP:Lebron James
Coach Of the Year:Stan Van Gundy
General Manager:Danny Ferry
Defensive Player of the Year:Dwight Howard
Rookie of the Year: O.J Mayo
Most Improved Player:D. Harris

All NBA 1st team- Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard

All NBA 2nd team-Chris Paul, Devin Harris, Carmelo Anthony, Tim Duncan, Yao Ming

All NBA 3rd team-Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, Kevin Durant, Pau Gasol, Shaq

All NBA rookie team- Derrick Rose, O.J Mayo, Eric Gordon, Michael Beasley, Brook Lopez