PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Trade Deadline Round 2 Lakers-Mavs

fins08
03-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Lakers have homecourt advantage

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ROSTERS! THESE ARE NOT REAL TEAMS, SO PLEASE VOTE ON WHO WOULD WIN IN A 7 GAME SERIES!

Lakers (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8280956&postcount=32)
Mavs (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8274116&postcount=28)

Thanks, and good luck. Poll closes at 8:00 PM EST

Lakers

PG: Tony Parker / Jordan Farmar
SG: Kobe Bryant / Sasha Vujacic / Sun Yue
SF: Corey Maggette / Bonzi Wells
PF: Lamar Odom / Josh Powell / Chris Mihm
C: Pau Gasol / Matt Bonner / D.J. Mbenga

Mavs

PG: Kirk Hinrich/Jose Juan Barea/Matt Carroll
SG: Ben Gordon/Antoine Wright/Luke Walton
SF: Al Harrington/Bruce Bowen/Vlad Radmonovic
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Erick Dampier/James Singelton
C: Andrew Bynum/Eddy Curry/Ryan Hollins

fins08
03-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Mavs vs. Lakers

Tony Parker vs. Kirk Hinrich: We all can agree that Parker is better than Hinrich but I believe that Hinrich is good enough defensively to force Parker to play poorly especially because Parker will not have been used to or as good as he normally is in the triangle offence that the Lakers.

Kobe Bryant vs. Ben Gordon: Well we all know that Kobe would score a lot of points against Gordon, but I decided that I’m going to share time between Gordon and Bowen, so that Kobe will not score as many points against arguably the best wing man defender in the game and I’m certain that Bowen will force Kobe to volume shoot.

Corey Maggette vs. Al Harrington: Harrington is clearly the better player in this matchup. He will dominate the game offensively and hold Maggette down on the defensive end. Al will average 20 ppg against Corey this series.

Lamar Odom vs. Dirk Nowitzki: To start off Lamar isn’t even a real PF and will in no way be able to stop Dirk offensively and Odom will not be able to score on Dirk, even though Dirk is a poor defender. Dirk might even average 30ppg this series.

Pau Gasol vs. Andrew Bynum: I would either call this matchup a write off or a win for Bynum. Bynum is a much better defender but Pau is a much better offensive player. But if Bynum can stop Pau, Bynum will still be able to score against Pau.

Bench:
Jordan Farmar<Juan Jose Barea
Sasha Vujacic<Antoine Wright
Bonzi Wells=Bruce Bowen
Josh Powell<Erick Dampier
Matt Bonner>Eddy Curry

Mavs win 3-1-1

Mavs writeup

phlp_bj
03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
lakers

Tblaze
03-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Lakers

hotpotato1092
03-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I actually think the Mavs would win this series. Bynum would bully soft Pau inside, Dirk would obliterate Odom, Harrington and Maggette are similar players but I think Harrington's better, Hinrich could contain Parker so the only huge problem the Mavs would have is Kobe, whereas the Lakers would have no answer for the Mavs entire front court and Parker is an awful fit for the triangle which would really hurt them, I honestly think they'd be better off with Derek Fisher.

mrblisterdundee
03-06-2009, 03:04 PM
You need to stop wasting time on this fantasy crap. There's plenty of real life information to analyze if you're truly into the NBA.

mitch91
03-06-2009, 03:36 PM
lakers hands down.....well that is what i thought then i checked the bench out again and think it would be closer. i think the mavs bench destroys the lakers' however i think the lakers' starters are just to much

hotpotato1092
03-06-2009, 04:03 PM
You need to stop wasting time on this fantasy crap. There's plenty of real life information to analyze if you're truly into the NBA.

What do you have against other people having fun?

lakersrock
03-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Tony Parker vs. Kirk Hinrich: We all can agree that Parker is better than Hinrich but I believe that Hinrich is good enough defensively to force Parker to play poorly especially because Parker will not have been used to or as good as he normally is in the triangle offence that the Lakers.

Kobe Bryant vs. Ben Gordon: Well we all know that Kobe would score a lot of points against Gordon, but I decided that I’m going to share time between Gordon and Bowen, so that Kobe will not score as many points against arguably the best wing man defender in the game and I’m certain that Bowen will force Kobe to volume shoot.

Corey Maggette vs. Al Harrington: Harrington is clearly the better player in this matchup. He will dominate the game offensively and hold Maggette down on the defensive end. Al will average 20 ppg against Corey this series.

Lamar Odom vs. Dirk Nowitzki: To start off Lamar isn’t even a real PF and will in no way be able to stop Dirk offensively and Odom will not be able to score on Dirk, even though Dirk is a poor defender. Dirk might even average 30ppg this series.

Pau Gasol vs. Andrew Bynum: I would either call this matchup a write off or a win for Bynum. Bynum is a much better defender but Pau is a much better offensive player. But if Bynum can stop Pau, Bynum will still be able to score against Pau.

Dear Lord, where do I start?

Ummm, first off, Kobe would destroy Gordon and Bowen on each end. There is a reason Bowen stays on the bench these days.

Second, Gasol would defend Dirk and he wouldn't average 30 PPG. Pau blocks and alters shots on the wing all the time due to his incredibly long arms. If Dirk tried getting him inside, I'd just double.

Third, Bynum can't stick with Pau outside the lane. He would blow by him with consistency. If you stick Dirk on him, I'd just put Odom on the perimeter with Bynum. Either way, Bynum's strength of staying in the lane is taken away.

Fourth, Dirk can't stop Odom. Odom has the ball at the top of the key...you really think Dirk can stay in front of him? I don't. Neither can Bynum if you switch.

Fifth, Parker would abuse Hinrich. Yeah, he's alright defensively, but how many defensive PG have stopped Parker in the playoffs? Zero.

Sixth, what kind of crack do you smoke to think Harrington can destroy Maggette? They're about the same on offense, but Maggette is a better defender. I'd call them basically equal.

On the other end, all Hinrich does is shoot, Gordon is eliminated by Kobe, Harrington wouldn't be able to out muscle Maggette, Dirk would be bothered by a long guy on him and Bynum would be the one doing presumably a lot of scoing. In order for him to score though, he needs 10-12 shots. With how slow we would play, that counts as a lot of them.

In terms of the benches, I only plan on using Farmar, Sasha and Bonner. If we take the best three bench guys from each, we tie at PG, I win at SG and I win at PF/C. We all know that our ENTIRE benches won't play in the playoffs, that never happens.

I was gonna try being nice, but to even suggest that Hinrich could even come close to matching Parker, Harrington would destroy Maggette and Odom wouldn't do anything is crazy. Odom would out rebound Dirk like nobody's business.

(The funniest thing is Odom not scoring on Dirk. How's gonna Dirk stop him from going up with an offensive rebound or driving the lane from the top of the key? He won't.)

One thing I forgot...I can run picks and such to switch defenders. In other words, Kobe could get Gordon off of him and on to Parker. Do you realize how easy he would get penetration and kicks or layups? The Mavs wouldn't be able to stop Tony, Kobe and Odom from penetrating. Hinrich is the only one that has a chance to stop and that leaves two other guys to penetrate. Bynum would get fouled out so fast. Ask any Lakers fan how easily he gets fouls when the PG/SG get into the lane with the ball. Say he fouls out...they're really in trouble.

hotpotato1092
03-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Dear Lord, where do I start?

Ummm, first off, Kobe would destroy Gordon and Bowen on each end. There is a reason Bowen stays on the bench these days.

Second, Gasol would defend Dirk and he wouldn't average 30 PPG. Pau blocks and alters shots on the wing all the time due to his incredibly long arms. If Dirk tried getting him inside, I'd just double.

Third, Bynum can't stick with Pau outside the lane. He would blow by him with consistency. If you stick Dirk on him, I'd just put Odom on the perimeter with Bynum. Either way, Bynum's strength of staying in the lane is taken away.

Fourth, Dirk can't stop Odom. Odom has the ball at the top of the key...you really think Dirk can stay in front of him? I don't. Neither can Bynum if you switch.

Fifth, Parker would abuse Hinrich. Yeah, he's alright defensively, but how many defensive PG have stopped Parker in the playoffs? Zero.

Sixth, what kind of crack do you smoke to think Harrington can destroy Maggette? They're about the same on offense, but Maggette is a better defender. I'd call them basically equal.

On the other end, all Hinrich does is shoot, Gordon is eliminated by Kobe, Harrington wouldn't be able to out muscle Maggette, Dirk would be bothered by a long guy on him and Bynum would be the one doing presumably a lot of scoing. In order for him to score though, he needs 10-12 shots. With how slow we would play, that counts as a lot of them.

In terms of the benches, I only plan on using Farmar, Sasha and Bonner. If we take the best three bench guys from each, we tie at PG, I win at SG and I win at PF/C. We all know that our ENTIRE benches won't play in the playoffs, that never happens.

I was gonna try being nice, but to even suggest that Hinrich could even come close to matching Parker, Harrington would destroy Maggette and Odom wouldn't do anything is crazy. Odom would out rebound Dirk like nobody's business.

(The funniest thing is Odom not scoring on Dirk. How's gonna Dirk stop him from going up with an offensive rebound or driving the lane from the top of the key? He won't.)

One thing I forgot...I can run picks and such to switch defenders. In other words, Kobe could get Gordon off of him and on to Parker. Do you realize how easy he would get penetration and kicks or layups? The Mavs wouldn't be able to stop Tony, Kobe and Odom from penetrating. Hinrich is the only one that has a chance to stop and that leaves two other guys to penetrate. Bynum would get fouled out so fast. Ask any Lakers fan how easily he gets fouls when the PG/SG get into the lane with the ball. Say he fouls out...they're really in trouble.

He's just trying to make a write up that favors his team, if you don't like it make a writeup of your own that says your thoughts on the series, don't just ***** about his no matter how incorrect you think it is. Odds are if someone reads one writeup they're reading both, so maybe you should just make a write up of your own. Besides you're winning 14-2 why was that even necessary?

superkegger
03-06-2009, 05:14 PM
The mavs have no answer for Kobe. Bynum might bully pau a lil bit, but the experience factor there will play a role, and Pau has enough of it to stand his ground against a guy, who hasn't yet learned to hone a killer instinct and exploit a defender's weaknesses enough. Hell I've seen Bynum get push around by David Lee. To say that he'll bully pau doesn't quite fly with me.

Dirk obviously is the better between him and Lamar, but and I don't know if the stats show it, but I feel like in that in the past, Lamar has actually done a pretty decent job on him. Dirk is a tough cover, but Lamar's strength is not defending the block, where dirk rarely goes, so in terms of that, its a good matchup.

What it came down to for me was that you'd probably end up with Hinrich on Kobe and Gordon on Parker. And even if you reverse that, the lakers have a huge advantage in the backcourt. That backcourt is prety much impossible to defend.

Sportfan
03-06-2009, 05:20 PM

why do you care enough to post then?

DocUSN
03-06-2009, 05:24 PM

hmm, maybe you should stop wasting you time telling us to stop wasting ours...idk but to me that seems like a bigger waste of time.

You were the last kid picked for kickball werent you?

Catfish1314
03-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Surprisingly enough, Kobe would be the difference maker in this series. It's one thing to have no one to slow him down or keep him out of rhythm at times, but the Mavs have absolutely no answer for him. Hinrich is a good defender on the ball and is good enough to keep Parker from going on a scoring outburst. But Gordon, Bowen, and Harrington, or whoever the Mavs want to play him won't be nearly enough to even phase him. Bowen's too old, Harrington is too slow, and Gordon might be the worst defensive player at his position in the NBA. Bryant would just have his way with this team.

For the record, I just noticed the Lakers defense is actually kinda weak.

hotpotato1092
03-06-2009, 05:34 PM

Someone check the sign up thread to see if he tried to sign up but wasn't pick and is now just being bitter.

superkegger
03-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Surprisingly enough, Kobe would be the difference maker in this series. It's one thing to have no one to slow him down or keep him out of rhythm at times, but the Mavs have absolutely no answer for him. Hinrich is a good defender on the ball and is good enough to keep Parker from going on a scoring outburst. But Gordon, Bowen, and Harrington, or whoever the Mavs want to play him won't be nearly enough to even phase him. Bowen's too old, Harrington is too slow, and Gordon might be the worst defensive player at his position in the NBA. Bryant would just have his way with this team.

For the record, I just noticed the Lakers defense is actually kinda weak.

What else would you expect from the Lakers? :laugh2:

(*Note, I am a Lakers fan, so don't get all pissy about it you overzealous laker fans, it's funny.)

lakersrock
03-06-2009, 06:05 PM
It's weak in man on man (not in this particular matchup), but on rotations and weak side help, it's a LOT better.

To potato, I don't care if they make a write up that favors their team, but to go that far overboard draws out my fiesty side haha.

KnicksorBust
03-06-2009, 06:17 PM
The mavs write-up is awful and the lakers are better. Parker and Kobe with that frontcourt is pretty deadly. Maybe too many guys who like to score but they'd find a way to make it work.

EX-TREME
03-07-2009, 10:34 AM
lakers

Nets fan 93
03-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Some people like it bro...not everyone feels the same way you do...

I pick the Lakers

lakersrock
03-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I like how five of the Mavs' votes are guys that NEVER vote for me. It's almost pathetic how they just can't vote for the teams and not the owners. There's no way the Mavs could beat this Lakers team, it's not even close.

juggla53
03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Kobe and Parker would murder Hinrich and Gordon.