PDA

View Full Version : Is Brandon Roy the magnificent 7?

hotdogbun
03-06-2009, 03:06 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-090305

i know its hollinger but try to take him seriously in this article lol

do you think roy is the 7th best player in the league right now? if not then who is? (definitely not paul pierce)

i think his top 10 but not top 7, for me 7 is deron williams

theuuord
03-06-2009, 03:07 AM
yes.

in the top-players-in-the-league thing we did earlier this year, i ranked Roy 7th. it wasn't that long ago. that still holds up.

EX-TREME
03-06-2009, 06:06 AM
yes he is the The Magnificent Seven

gqjatt209
03-06-2009, 07:10 AM
No doubt about it. He should be the top 6th. I think Chris Paul is wayyyyy over-rated. He can't carry a team like the other players on this list can.

I hate the Lakers but I got to admit, Kobe Bryant is the best player on the list, and the entire NBA for a while. LeBron is close, but he just can't hit a god dang free throw when it really counts.

kantarok
03-06-2009, 08:34 AM
This is way off. If u put any real top 10 player on the blazers and take off Brandon Roy that team would be better than they are right now. Brandon Roy is on the same level as a young sprewell, but never put him into superstar status of a Lebron James to Paul Pierce. Do you guys really think that if u took Pierce and traded him for Roy they would that championship.
Not going to happen

Top 10-dont even try to find better

1. Lebron James
2.Kobe Bryant
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Tim Duncan
5.Chris Paul
6.Dwight Howard
7.Kevin Garnett
8.Chris Bosh
9.Deron Williams
10. Yao Ming or Carmelo Anthony

No one should say Dirk ever after that Golden State beating from his so called
:mad:"MVP" year

JayW_1023
03-06-2009, 08:54 AM
"A.m., the f.m. the p.m. too
Churning out that boogaloo
Gets you up and gets you out
But how long can you keep it up?"

If Roy keeps it up sure he'll be part of The Magnificent Seven. BTW anyone who recognized the above reference rocks monkey balls BY DEFAULT.

op12
03-06-2009, 11:22 AM
This is way off. If u put any real top 10 player on the blazers and take off Brandon Roy that team would be better than they are right now. Brandon Roy is on the same level as a young sprewell, but never put him into superstar status of a Lebron James to Paul Pierce. Do you guys really think that if u took Pierce and traded him for Roy they would that championship.
Not going to happen

1. Lebron James
2.Kobe Bryant
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Tim Duncan
5.Chris Paul
6.Dwight Howard
7.Kevin Garnett
8.Chris Bosh
9.Deron Williams

pretty good post. i like bosh a lot, but i think he has dropped off a little this year due to the raptors record. i def wouldnt put melo at #10, he is not there yet. at this point, meaning the last season and a half, i would slide in pierce at #8 over bosh. i know im a pierce fan, but after being finals mvp and showing he can be clutch, i dont see how he can be left out. personally i would put dirk over melo on a list. i might even put billups over melo.

Tblaze
03-06-2009, 12:03 PM
The blazers are even the 7th seed as for now!!

Hellcrooner
03-06-2009, 01:01 PM
No he isnt

This players are SURE better than him : Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Paul,Deron,Ming, Wade,Howard,Kg,Lebron.

That would make him 10th......

But IMO there are a lot of other players that hold their own reasons to be measured as equally good or better than Him : Pierce,Bosh, Harris, J Johnson,Rose,Granger,Durant, al Jeffersson,Melo, Billups, T Parker, Manu, Pau Gasol, Amare.....

wich makes him top 25.

The problem with his that he basically is at his ceillign now due to his age, he is not on the level of the Kobe or Wade and when those two age a bit he will have to face the O J Mayos.

In My opinion he is not even best player on Blazers, Aldrige Is, but thats subjective.

hotdogbun
03-06-2009, 01:22 PM
No he isnt

This players are SURE better than him : Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Paul,Deron,Ming, Wade,Howard,Kg,Lebron.

That would make him 10th......

But IMO there are a lot of other players that hold their own reasons to be measured as equally good or better than Him : Pierce,Bosh, Harris, J Johnson,Rose,Granger,Durant, al Jeffersson,Melo, Billups, T Parker, Manu, Pau Gasol, Amare.....

wich makes him top 25.

The problem with his that he basically is at his ceillign now due to his age, he is not on the level of the Kobe or Wade and when those two age a bit he will have to face the O J Mayos.

In My opinion he is not even best player on Blazers, Aldrige Is, but thats subjective.

i thought ur going to say rudy fernandez :p

Hellcrooner
03-06-2009, 01:28 PM
as of today no, Roy is still better than Fernandez im not blind.

keithm320
03-06-2009, 01:45 PM
KG, Deron, Yao are all better, however they have all also been hurt for a good portion of the season....

I'll also throw this name in who seems to never get any credit for having a duncan type season is Pau Gasol, I don't think the lakers have lost a game since they robbed Memphis for him

sp1derm00
03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
In this one article, Brandon Roy went from being underrated to overrated.

How easy it is for us to forget about KG when he has lowered his production while being on a championship caliber team with two other stars. How easy it is for us to underrate him because of the bad publicity he's getting from taunting smaller players. KG has his faults (like being a Celtic), but he is definitely in the top 7.

Deron Williams would be #8, and the fact that he sprung back from an injury and played the type of basketball that he's been playing shows his durability and that he will be great in the NBA for a long time.

Who else would I take over Roy? Kevin Durant. Dude is 20 years old, scoring 26ppg on almost 49% FG% AND he's stick thin. Imagine the numbers he could put up once he puts on some muscle. He's my #9... and yes, I think he's gonna threaten Lebron for the best SF in the league some day... and NO his numbers definitely aren't inflated in any way, shape, or form. He might play on one of the worst teams in the NBA, but he's putting up 26ppg on 49% shooting and 44%3FG% and he doesn't dominate the ball.

I know this pick of mine will throw a lot of people off, but it's honestly what I think. Shaq Diesel is my #10 best player in the NBA right now. I know he is 37, but it's not about his potential anymore, it's about him being absolutely unstoppable when he needs to be this season. He has outplayed Dwight, put up SOLID numbers in limited minutes (30mpg, 18ppg on 61%FG%, 9rpg. 1.5bpg AND he's shooting 63% on FT's). Fact is, if I were to form a team to win a 7 game series and Dwight & Duncan weren't available, I would be looking at Shaq.

cmoneytakemoney
03-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Not going to happen

1. Lebron James
2.Kobe Bryant
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Tim Duncan
5.Chris Paul
6.Dwight Howard
7.Kevin Garnett
8.Chris Bosh
9.Deron Williams

Melo, Bosh, Yao top 10? :laugh:

BigEric
03-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Good lord, if I see another thread about this guy...

No, he's not top 7. He's savy, he's smart, and he's a good player. No way in hell is he seventh. Chris Paul is overHYPED a little but not overrated. If he were a top notch shooter with a quicker release he'd be straight up deadly. Take Paul off of the Hornets and take Roy off of the Blazers and the Hornets would drop like flies and the Blazers wouldn't be missing as much.

Hop off the Brandon Roy.

mrblisterdundee
03-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Considering those players ahead of him, Brandon Roy is a perfect fit for seventh place. He's already known to be the third best shooting guard. The list has him below Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade, the top two shooting guards. He is the leader of a successful young team that is headed for the playoffs, and possibly with home court advantage. His ranking goes off of performance and not reputation. Its time for people to recognize how good he is.

BigEric
03-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Considering those players ahead of him, Brandon Roy is a perfect fit for seventh place. He's already known to be the third best shooting guard. The list has him below Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade, the top two shooting guards. He is the leader of a successful young team that is headed for the playoffs, and possibly with home court advantage. His ranking goes off of performance and not reputation. Its time for people to recognize how good he is.

I think you chose the wrong website to preach about people needing to recognize how good he is. 96 percent of the website loves the guy.

Chronz
03-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Not going to happen

1. Lebron James
2.Kobe Bryant
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Tim Duncan
5.Chris Paul
6.Dwight Howard
7.Kevin Garnett
8.Chris Bosh
9.Deron Williams