PDA

View Full Version : Bonderman

smarkow
03-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Pitched for the first time the other day from 60 feet, felt great. Leyland says he doesnt think Bonderman is in doubt of missing the beginning of the season, that he's a bit behind everyone else.

My question is, why do we need to rush him back. Spring training is prolonged this year, so he's got extra time. But i'd rather keep him out slightly longer until he is absolutely ready to go...until he has built up the muscles in his shoulder to take the pressure off his rotater cuff (ok, i got that rotator cuff line from the article).. but still, keeping him out another week or so to make sure he's ready to get in there at full strength and effectiveness is my preference. I reallky think that the Tigers are going to live up to the potential they were supposed to do last year.

smarkow
03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow. no responses??

Bondomania
03-10-2009, 08:46 PM
The reason we need him for the start of the season is because of the uncertainty of the rest of our rotation.. Bonderman is a key part to the success of the team this season and if he is deemed healthy to go then he has to go.. Porcello needs to be in the minors to continue to develop.. Miner hasn't been very good this spring.. Robertson has been awful this spring, and Willis is still recovering and trying to get back to old form.. we lack starting pitching depth as of right now to allow one of our top 3 pitchers to miss additional time..