PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lawson

MoNe_Naples
03-05-2009, 05:47 PM
What do you think about this player?

SidTheKid
03-05-2009, 05:49 PM

Fast as hell. Makes other players around him better. Great point guard I'd have on my team in a heartbeat (coming from a Duke fan).

thegreatone08
03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
One of the fastest, if not the fastest, player from baseline to baseline (with ball). Hardly ever makes dumb mistakes and looks for the open man rather than his shot. His shot is 100 times better than what he came in with. Great free throw shooter and pretty good 3 point shooter. Tremendous strength.

MilfHunter07
03-05-2009, 09:00 PM
doesnt really look like anything special nba wise to me

thegreatone08
03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
doesnt really look like anything special nba wise to me

time will tell my friend

MilfHunter07
03-05-2009, 09:28 PM
time will tell my friend

if you are so sure, then what is so great about him?

sdweston757
03-06-2009, 02:09 AM

beast.

thegreatone08
03-06-2009, 08:44 AM
if you are so sure, then what is so great about him?

The fact he is the fastest player in the country from end to end. Roy Williams says he is the fastest player he has ever coached. He can shoot the 3, has a great mid range shot, can drive on anyone, outstanding free throw shooter, and has tremendous strength. And he has a 3.4 assist/turnover ratio.

And what makes you think he won't be a good pro?

YankeePride13
03-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Ty Lawson is the most valuable player on the Tar Heels this season. As he goes, so go the Heels.

He is the fastest player in the country. He can penetrate and finish just as good as any point guard in the nation.

The thing that has separated him this season is his improved 3 point shot. He's knocking down 3's, which makes him virtually unguardable. The guy is also an outstanding leader who facilitates the offense very effectively and leads the best fast break in the country.

I'm bias, but in my mind he's the best point guard in college basketball right now.

MoNe_Naples
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm bias, but in my mind he's the best point guard in college basketball right now.

Mmm... I think that he can be the first PG of NCAA, but now he has got problems about playmaking for me.
Nonetheless, he can become a good second PG in Nba team. ;)

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 04:14 PM
The fact he is the fastest player in the country from end to end. Roy Williams says he is the fastest player he has ever coached. He can shoot the 3, has a great mid range shot, can drive on anyone, outstanding free throw shooter, and has tremendous strength. And he has a 3.4 assist/turnover ratio.

And what makes you think he won't be a good pro?

and how many players does roy williams coach? sure he is fast. but so is the nba. 3.4 assist to turnover ratio isnt anything amazing. and that isnt a fact (your first sentence). he will be a current mario chalmers at best and that is an inconsistent pg.

Rtardz
03-06-2009, 05:23 PM
and how many players does roy williams coach? sure he is fast. but so is the nba. 3.4 assist to turnover ratio isnt anything amazing. and that isnt a fact (your first sentence). he will be a current mario chalmers at best and that is an inconsistent pg.

been drinkin some Haterade?:drunk:

Rtardz
03-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I don`t think he will be a dominant NBA player like a Chris Paul but I think he will be a solid player for many years. Probably like Raymond Felton averaging around 18 points.

thegreatone08
03-06-2009, 05:55 PM

He's been coachin for what 20 years? You do the math. How is he a current Mario Chalmers? Chalmers doesn't have the strength Lawson does, which allows Lawson to drive on anyone. And no he isn't the next Chris Paul, but I promise you that you will end up eatin your words.

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 06:53 PM
He's been coachin for what 20 years? You do the math. How is he a current Mario Chalmers? Chalmers doesn't have the strength Lawson does, which allows Lawson to drive on anyone. And no he isn't the next Chris Paul, but I promise you that you will end up eatin your words.you said roy williams said he is the fastest player in the ncaa. that would be just right now. also, chalmers can drive great as well. just stop being a homer and realize he is a bench player and maybe a borderline starter.

thegreatone08
03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
you said roy williams said he is the fastest player in the ncaa. that would be just right now. also, chalmers can drive great as well. just stop being a homer and realize he is a bench player and maybe a borderline starter.

Reread what I said there bud. I said he is the fastest player in the country from end to end. Roy Williams SAID he is the fastest player he has ever coached. Thats two different statements. How am I being a homer? There are Duke fans that are comming on here saying he is a stud.

Rtardz
03-06-2009, 07:05 PM
I have heard multiple espn college experts say he is the fastest. He just wants to bait because his team sucks and has been owned now by our basketball and football team. Get over it.

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 07:54 PM
your football team has owned us 1 time and it was a omeback win and our basketball team is badand still had you on the ropes 2 times. also, i didnt come in here baiting, you are the one baiting with that last post

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Reread what I said there bud. I said he is the fastest player in the country from end to end. Roy Williams SAID he is the fastest player he has ever coached. Thats two different statements. How am I being a homer? There are Duke fans that are comming on here saying he is a stud.

hes a stud in college. to bad everyone in the nba is fast. he isnt more than an average nba pg

Padres Son
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Lawson is really, really, good. I don't think he'll be as good of a pro as he is a college player unless he works more on becoming a better passer. He's already a good passer, but he's got the quickness of Chris Paul and with better passing skills, he could become a very good pro PG.

Rtardz
03-06-2009, 09:18 PM
your football team has owned us 1 time and it was a omeback win and our basketball team is badand still had you on the ropes 2 times. also, i didnt come in here baiting, you are the one baiting with that last post

uh we won this year and last year i was at the game when we were up by 27 at halftime and went on to win 33-27. this past season we won 28-24. So your wrong get your facts straight before you come into an argument.

MilfHunter07
03-06-2009, 09:23 PM
uh we won this year and last year i was at the game when we were up by 27 at halftime and went on to win 33-27. this past season we won 28-24. So your wrong get your facts straight before you come into an argument.

ok, congrats, you beat a bad miami football team who is rebuilding. congrats. you still wont be any good anytime soon. nobody wants to play football at north carolina. you are the miami basketball of acc football, good but nothing special

thegreatone08
03-07-2009, 12:57 AM
ok, congrats, you beat a bad miami football team who is rebuilding. congrats. you still wont be any good anytime soon. nobody wants to play football at north carolina. you are the miami basketball of acc football, good but nothing special

talk to me after we win the ACC Championship within 3 years. Miami will NEVER be the athletic school Carolina is. So keep on hating my man.

And you held us the ropes? I'm pretty sure Carolina destroyed Miami the night they were on ESPN GameDay. And thanks for the meltdown in football that let Carolina come back and win. You are still living in the glory years. Wake up, Carolina is NOW. Miami is the PAST.

Rtardz
03-07-2009, 09:14 AM

you have no idea what you are talking about and you prove each time you speak. Butch Davis has brought in some of the top players in the nation. Go look it up. How could you not say we won`t be any good, uh did we not play in a bowl game this year? Fact is the only sport you were ever better than us in was football and now we`re catching up. Typical miami fan idiot who has his head so far up his *** he has no clue.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 10:53 AM
talk to me after we win the ACC Championship within 3 years. Miami will NEVER be the athletic school Carolina is. So keep on hating my man.

And you held us the ropes? I'm pretty sure Carolina destroyed Miami the night they were on ESPN GameDay. And thanks for the meltdown in football that let Carolina come back and win. You are still living in the glory years. Wake up, Carolina is NOW. Miami is the PAST.

first off, miami has how many national championships in football? and how many does carolina have? ok thats what i thought. miami is 10x the football school carolina is

and on espn gameday im pretty sure miami had carolina on the ropes so dont go acting like you beat a great team.

carolina is having 2 good football years in a terrible acc and now they are the now? miami is and will always be the past present and future of acc football.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 10:54 AM
you have no idea what you are talking about and you prove each time you speak. Butch Davis has brought in some of the top players in the nation. Go look it up. How could you not say we won`t be any good, uh did we not play in a bowl game this year? Fact is the only sport you were ever better than us in was football and now we`re catching up. Typical miami fan idiot who has his head so far up his *** he has no clue.

youre catching up when miami is in a bad time. miami has had a top 10 class the last 2 years. has north ccarolina?

thegreatone08
03-07-2009, 11:08 AM
first off, miami has how many national championships in football? and how many does carolina have? ok thats what i thought. miami is 10x the football school carolina is

and on espn gameday im pretty sure miami had carolina on the ropes so dont go acting like you beat a great team.

carolina is having 2 good football years in a terrible acc and now they are the now? miami is and will always be the past present and future of acc football.

We beat you guys by 20 on gameday. When we went to Miami, yes it was a close game.

When's the last time Miami won a NC? You are right, you are living in the past. And whoever said Miami was great? Cuz they deff aren't.

Miami hasn't done **** since being in the ACC.

Rtardz
03-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Living in the past man, your glory days are over. Miami will not be able to compete with the likes of USC, Oklahoma, Texas. Just another dillisional fan, oh yeah we have more national championships in basketball than you do in your whole school combined.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 11:30 AM
We beat you guys by 20 on gameday. When we went to Miami, yes it was a close game.

When's the last time Miami won a NC? You are right, you are living in the past. And whoever said Miami was great? Cuz they deff aren't.

Miami hasn't done **** since being in the ACC.

you beat us in the 2nd half of that game after we had you on the ropes when we went up by 12 or whatever.

i never said miami was great.

nc hasnt done **** since the canes being in the acc either.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Living in the past man, your glory days are over. Miami will not be able to compete with the likes of USC, Oklahoma, Texas. Just another dillisional fan, oh yeah we have more national championships in basketball than you do in your whole school combined.

miami will not be able to compete with the lkes of those schools right now. but with recruiting classes like we keep getting its only going to keep getting better.

congrats, you are a basketball school, you still are nothing more than a football pretender

Rtardz
03-07-2009, 01:30 PM
we`ll see you can keep using all these excuses "oh we`re rebuilding" all you want. Butch Davis has only started but he`ll own you like ol Roy does.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 01:38 PM
we`ll see you can keep using all these excuses "oh we`re rebuilding" all you want. Butch Davis has only started but he`ll own you like ol Roy does.

how is that an excuse. we are rebuilding. larry coker had horrible recruiting classes and prospects didnt pan out and now we are getting great classes. the hurricanes were in contention the win the acc this year with a team full of freshman. pretty damn good future if you ask me. how will hakeem nicks and tate do next year? o thats right, you no longer have them

Rtardz
03-07-2009, 01:40 PM
ouch tate and nicks gone what a burn. It doesn`t matter I dont use excuses like you. don`t get so offended your the one in a carolina forum stirring a pot.

IndiansFan337
03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
He's very fast, but his inconsistency & short stature will hurt his draft stock once again this season.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 01:46 PM
ouch tate and nicks gone what a burn. It doesn`t matter I dont use excuses like you. don`t get so offended your the one in a carolina forum stirring a pot.

ok, you dont use excuses. your team wont be as good next year.

im stirring the pot? thats why you came in here and started talking about how carolina was such a better school athletics wise than miami. last i checked this thread is about ty lawson

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 01:47 PM
I have heard multiple espn college experts say he is the fastest. He just wants to bait because his team sucks and has been owned now by our basketball and football team. Get over it.

ya, im the one baiting :rolleyes:

Rtardz
03-07-2009, 01:49 PM
ok, you dont use excuses. your team wont be as good next year.

im stirring the pot? thats why you came in here and started talking about how carolina was such a better school athletics wise than miami. last i checked this thread is about ty lawson

whatever dude, every post you wrote about Lawson was nothing special and wont do anything in the pros. You didn`t complement one iota. Find me one post where you are talking about how good UNC athletics are in this thread. Find one.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 01:51 PM
whatever dude, every post you wrote about Lawson was nothing special and wont do anything in the pros. You didn`t complement one iota. Find me one post where you are talking about how good UNC athletics are in this thread. Find one.

yes i did. i say ok. hes fast, congrats. most guys in the nba are fast. he is nothing special, which is why he wont go in the top 18 in the draft and he will at best be an average starter in the pros.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 01:52 PM

also, just because i say something bad about your player doesnt mean you have to come back and bait saying our school sucks

thegreatone08
03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
You all talk about the recruiting classes Miami is getting..have you seen watch Butch Davis is doing?

How's it feel to have Maurice Clarett beat you in a National Championship game and not be able to cut it in the pros. If only you had a better recruiting class that year.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 05:31 PM
You all talk about the recruiting classes Miami is getting..have you seen watch Butch Davis is doing?

How's it feel to have Maurice Clarett beat you in a National Championship game and not be able to cut it in the pros. If only you had a better recruiting class that year.

at least we made the national championship and they had to destroy our running back's knee in overtime to win.

butch is doing good, congrats, not as good as randy shannon and the canes

SidTheKid
03-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Guys can we please stay on topic.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 06:18 PM
i was on topic until he brought up football. anyway, imo ty lawson isnt a good nba pg

thegreatone08
03-07-2009, 06:50 PM
i was on topic until he brought up football. anyway, imo ty lawson isnt a good nba pg

How can you say that? He is not playing in the NBA right now. Are you saying people thought D Wade would be what he would be while he was at Marquette? Not saying Lawson will be even close to him, just saying it's hard to judge college talent into the NBA game.

I believe Lawson has a better chance of being good rather than bad. Pretty much another Felton.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
How can you say that? He is not playing in the NBA right now. Are you saying people thought D Wade would be what he would be while he was at Marquette? Not saying Lawson will be even close to him, just saying it's hard to judge college talent into the NBA game.

I believe Lawson has a better chance of being good rather than bad. Pretty much another Felton.

yes, they thought d wade would be great, which would be why he was drafted 5th overall in one of thebest drafts ever

sdweston757
03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
I don`t think he will be a dominant NBA player like a Chris Paul but I think he will be a solid player for many years. Probably like Raymond Felton averaging around 18 points.

average 18ppg. are u nuts?

if lawson scores 18 points in one nba game his whole career i will be suprised

SidTheKid
03-07-2009, 07:03 PM

Let's not take it that far. I don't think Lawson will average 18 ppg either but I'm sure he'll reach that mark a number of times in his career.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 07:22 PM
i think at the peak of his nba career he will be a 12 and 5 guy. that is his max though

sdweston757
03-07-2009, 07:23 PM
i was thinking like 8 and 4

Rtardz
03-07-2009, 09:39 PM

if anyone from Duke besides Henderson makes the NBA I`ll be suprised.

MilfHunter07
03-07-2009, 10:44 PM

you are the biggest baiter i've ever seen. must you insult anybody who says something bad about a carolina player?

Rtardz
03-08-2009, 08:49 AM
i dont know what your talking about buddy. I`m not going in other teams forums and talking crap. I`m in my own team or players forums. Your the one in here talking nonsense that you dont even know about. You cant even tell me games your team is won or recall what you posted. I have no problem having a debate, check the duke forum I was just in there saying how Henderson is a beast. You are the baiter, you think you know what your talking about and you dont know ****.

sdweston757
03-08-2009, 11:40 AM

that is just wrong. and u are just stupid

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2009/
#20 kyle singler

so dont be tooooo suprised

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
i dont know what your talking about buddy. I`m not going in other teams forums and talking crap. I`m in my own team or players forums. Your the one in here talking nonsense that you dont even know about. You cant even tell me games your team is won or recall what you posted. I have no problem having a debate, check the duke forum I was just in there saying how Henderson is a beast. You are the baiter, you think you know what your talking about and you dont know ****.

ok, but anybody who disagrees wih your team makes you insult their team/ program.

im the baiter? then how come if i voice my opinion about lawson, then it ends up in you insulting the hurricanes?

Rtardz
03-08-2009, 12:27 PM
that is just wrong. and u are just stupid

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2009/
#20 kyle singler

so dont be tooooo suprised

yeah just like Josh Mcroberts, where is he now? does he even play? Kinda like Reddick too? Now I have to admit there have been some Duke players succeed at the next level as of late which is a rarity like Deng, Boozer, and Battier. But other than that they are college players then college coaches thats it. Singler will probably make the pros your right about that. But he won`t do squat but ride the pine and be a situation player. He is too inconsistent and relies mostly on the 3 like everyone else that plays under coach k.

Rtardz
03-08-2009, 12:39 PM
ok, but anybody who disagrees wih your team makes you insult their team/ program.

im the baiter? then how come if i voice my opinion about lawson, then it ends up in you insulting the hurricanes?

I dont have any problem with someone disagreeing with my team. I like debating but you come one here talking **** about stuff you dont even know about. Nice name too, Milfhunter:rolleyes: yeah im sure you are.

op12
03-08-2009, 12:58 PM

you are a baiter man. every thread i have ever seen you in you post about 50 times and the whole post ends up being you arguing with someone. it is annoying to come into a thread to read peoples opinions and see a post from you every other one. say your opinion, maybe argue a couple times, then let it go.

back on subject. i think lawson will be a good nba pg. he has all the tools, he will still be faster than a lot of nba pgs, he has a good shot, and he is able to get to the hole whenever he wants. he can take contact and still make the shot or get off a good pass. he knows when he needs to take over the game and when he needs to spread the ball around and who he needs to get involved. you cant teach bball iq. he will make a team a good starting pg for the future.

sdweston757
03-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Singler will probably make the pros your right about that. .

Originally Posted by Rtardz

hmmmm......

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 03:21 PM
you are a baiter man. every thread i have ever seen you in you post about 50 times and the whole post ends up being you arguing with someone. it is annoying to come into a thread to read peoples opinions and see a post from you every other one. say your opinion, maybe argue a couple times, then let it go.

im sooooooo sorry i have inconvenienced you at any time.