PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: Why I hate the term "Bust"

theuuord
03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
We always use players like Kwame Brown, Akili Smith, Michael Olowokandi, Ryan Leaf, etc. to exemplify what we think of as "busts" - players who didn't live up to their expectations when drafted into their respective leagues.

But is it their fault?
What is Kwame supposed to do? "no, I'm not that good, don't take me with the first pick. Give that money to Pau Gasol instead."? He was taken because someone else overvalued his abilities, not because he was supposed to be more than he actually is. (Besides, everyone overlooked that Kwame had small hands and couldn't palm the basketball, which is basically a death warrant if you're a post player.)

It's time for us to realize that the real culprits in this "bust" war are rarely the players themselves, but the ineffective scouting and picking by the so-called experts in the NBA basketball operations field.

</rant>

Big Zo
03-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I like the term. It reminds me of boobs. Hooray boobs!

hotdogbun
03-05-2009, 03:11 PM
100% agree

to boobs

and that kwame is not a bust

Sidious
03-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Kwame is quite possibly the worst NBA player ever.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-05-2009, 03:14 PM

:clap:

theuuord
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM

lol. not even close. and you're proving my point.

hotdogbun
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
and people always say that kwame is the biggest bust but he is not a bust and if he is he is not the biggest

1948 1st overall pick andy tonkovich 2.6 ppg 0.6 apg
1950 1st overall pick charlie share 3.9 ppg 5.10 rpg 1.0 apg
1952 1st overall pick mark workamn 5.1 ppg 3.0 rpg 0.6 apg
1972 " " larue martin 4.4 ppg 4.6 rpg 0.5 apg

do a reasearch 1st before you mess with kwamay

Sidious
03-05-2009, 03:16 PM
lol. not even close. and you're proving my point.

Is it possible for someone to be worst than Kwame Brown???

:laugh:

IndyRealist
03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
It's not like collegiate players know, without having ever played against NBA caliber players, if they have what it takes to make it. They've got coaches and agents and sports writers talking them up and making them out to be the next big thing, but ultimately players don't KNOW until they get into the league. Then everyone's just as big, just as strong, just as fast as you are, and you really find out what you're made of.

ink
03-05-2009, 03:27 PM
We always use players like Kwame Brown, Akili Smith, Michael Olowokandi, Ryan Leaf, etc. to exemplify what we think of as "busts" - players who didn't live up to their expectations when drafted into their respective leagues.

But is it their fault?
What is Kwame supposed to do? "no, I'm not that good, don't take me with the first pick. Give that money to Pau Gasol instead."? He was taken because someone else overvalued his abilities, not because he was supposed to be more than he actually is. (Besides, everyone overlooked that Kwame had small hands and couldn't palm the basketball, which is basically a death warrant if you're a post player.)

It's time for us to realize that the real culprits in this "bust" war are rarely the players themselves, but the ineffective scouting and picking by the so-called experts in the NBA basketball operations field.

</rant>

:clap::clap::clap:

znick21
03-05-2009, 03:32 PM
i totally agree. the case of greg oden especially annoys me. people are so quick to label him a bust because they were the ones that raised godlike expectations for a kid who is still only 21 years old. oden is humble and kind, it's not like he is the one out there self-promoting and creating hype for himself, it is the media and everyone else doing it.

stevec6
03-05-2009, 03:34 PM

:cheers: to that

albertc86
03-05-2009, 03:37 PM
There was never any hype surrounding Kwame Brown. It's Jordan's fault that Kwame and Morrison will most likely carry that stigma their entire career. Kwame Brown isn't that bad... He's a solid defender, but his offense does leave a lot to be desired. However, this game is full of centers who are one dimensional, so why single him out? Because he was selected first? Not his fault.

fire2last
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Len Bias...the number two pick in 1986, overdoses on cocaine a day after being drafted.

Draft bust.

theuuord
03-05-2009, 04:01 PM

Kwame Brown is not a bad player. He is a decent role player.
you are exhibiting the precise type of thinking that I'm saying is completely wrong. You are comparing Kwame Brown to the average #1 pick (or, perhaps, what YOU think a #1 pick should be), instead of just taking him for what he is as a basketball player.

If Kwame Brown was picked 40th nobody would whine about him being a bust. That's what I'm saying. Don't blame Kwame, blame Washington's basketball operations. (and everyone else's.)

Sidious
03-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Kwame Brown is not a bad player. He is a decent role player.
you are exhibiting the precise type of thinking that I'm saying is completely wrong. You are comparing Kwame Brown to the average #1 pick (or, perhaps, what YOU think a #1 pick should be), instead of just taking him for what he is as a basketball player.

If Kwame Brown was picked 40th nobody would whine about him being a bust. That's what I'm saying. Don't blame Kwame, blame Washington's basketball operations. (and everyone else's.)

You don't know what I'm comparing him to because I haven't said as much. Don't assume.

I watched Kwame in LA...so I know personally that he sucked.

Why blame Washington??? Washington is not responsible for the skills that a basketball player is supposed to have.

Missing56&33
03-05-2009, 04:46 PM

I really dont think of the word Bust or even say the word Bust but I was watching the Pistons- Celtics game last Sunday and I was pretty into it trying to check out Marbury and I say about the fouth quarter somebody from Boston was at the line and not really paying attention i looked at the players below the ft line in the blocks and noticed Kwame Brown in one of the blocks. I didn't even realize he had checked into the game, or nothing. I didn't think nothing of it at first but then said to myself oh theres Kwame Brown what a waist, MJ failed project :pity: and thats what i see everytime i see Kwame Brown. So if there is ever a word suitable for KB its

BUST

theuuord
03-05-2009, 05:05 PM
You don't know what I'm comparing him to because I haven't said as much. Don't assume.

Why blame Washington??? Washington is not responsible for the skills that a basketball player is supposed to have.

Oh, you watched Kwame play? Of course! I've never actually seen him play. I thought he was just a figment of my imagination up until now. Never did I actually think he was a living, breathing being.
Next you're going to tell me that this "basketball" thing is actually a real sport and not a spawn of Buffy fanfiction written in the late 1990s when the public began running out of ideas.

:pity:

I've watched him play too. Dozens of times. And he's not a good player. But he's far from the worst player to ever lace up in the NBA.
I'm assuming because my assumptions are right. You are subconsciously (or perhaps consciously) judging him based upon what you think he should have been, rather than what he actually is. Kwame Brown was given completely unfair expectations based upon poor scouting decisions and hype. It is not his responsibility to be ten times the player that he actually is because some basketball operations squad thought he was better than he actually was.
If he was picked 48th, I doubt you would ever say that about him - actually, you'd probably say he was a decent pickup at 48th because most players picked there play about fifteen minutes in the NBA total.

We can only judge a player based upon his accomplishments, not what we think his accomplishments should have been. And Kwame's accomplishments aren't exemplary, but again, what could he have done? "Oh, Gilbert Arenas is a better player and he fell to 35. I should be traded for him and given his contract"?

See through your own biases.

Sidious
03-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Oh, you watched Kwame play? Of course! I've never actually seen him play. I thought he was just a figment of my imagination up until now. Never did I actually think he was a living, breathing being.
Next you're going to tell me that this "basketball" thing is actually a real sport and not a spawn of Buffy fanfiction written in the late 1990s when the public began running out of ideas.

:pity:

I've watched him play too. Dozens of times. And he's not a good player. But he's far from the worst player to ever lace up in the NBA.
I'm assuming because my assumptions are right. You are subconsciously (or perhaps consciously) judging him based upon what you think he should have been, rather than what he actually is. Kwame Brown was given completely unfair expectations based upon poor scouting decisions and hype. It is not his responsibility to be ten times the player that he actually is because some basketball operations squad thought he was better than he actually was.
If he was picked 48th, I doubt you would ever say that about him - actually, you'd probably say he was a decent pickup at 48th because most players picked there play about fifteen minutes in the NBA total.

We can only judge a player based upon his accomplishments, not what we think his accomplishments should have been. And Kwame's accomplishments aren't exemplary, but again, what could he have done? "Oh, Gilbert Arenas is a better player and he fell to 35. I should be traded for him and given his contract"?

See through your own biases.

You're "assuming because your assumptions are right"???

Yeh...okayyyyyy.:crazy:

You're making this way more complicated than it is...or rather you're attemptiing to do that.

First, never have I seen a player miss as many easy shots as Kwame has over his BUST of a career...not even in a high school game have I seen such poor play.

I am judging him on what he is: BUST

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-05-2009, 05:22 PM
I agree, well said.

And Kwame is not the worst player ever..

VPNeedAssistanc
03-05-2009, 05:23 PM

I rather have him than a Chris Mihm, DJ MONKEYKING, Sun Yue, you are ignorant, his defense is better than half the starting C's in the league.

VPNeedAssistanc
03-05-2009, 05:24 PM

is it possible for your english to be any worse?

mrblisterdundee
03-05-2009, 05:25 PM
This thread makes a very good point. I am a Blazers fan, and still cringed when everybody talked about Greg Oden doing such great things for Portland. All the time, I told people to expect him to be a cog in the machine. He's not going to be Shaq, but more like Marcus Camby. He'll be a nice defensive stopper that should end up averaging 10-12 points, 10-14 rebounds, and 3 blocked shots per game in his prime. Everybody continued talking about how great he would be, and now they are all saying he sucks just because he didn't live up to their imagined expectations. He was never supposed to be a leader or a star, but just a defensive anchor. So far, he is developing into just that. This thread makes a great point why in this and other situations, people's imagined expectations do nothing but hurt careers and waste time.

VPNeedAssistanc
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM

He's still better than DJ MONKEYMAN and yes, it's the Washington Organization's fault for drafting a big man with small hands. That's like dating a fat girl with no boobs, it's a lose lose situation.

MGB
03-05-2009, 05:27 PM

But is it their fault?

</rant>

But you're overlooking something; the reason a lot of players end up as busts isn't because they were over evaluated, it's because the players don't put in the necessary effort to reach their potential. Ryan Leaf didn't flop because he just had no skill, he was just a ******; Todd Marinovich didn't suck, he just flaked out. It happens.

Kakaroach
03-05-2009, 05:33 PM
A bust is a bust. No other way to really explain someone who doesn't perform under the pressure.

theuuord
03-05-2009, 05:37 PM
But you're overlooking something; the reason a lot of players end up as busts isn't because they were over evaluated, it's because the players don't put in the necessary effort to reach their potential. Ryan Leaf didn't flop because he just had no skill, he was just a ******; Todd Marinovich didn't suck, he just flaked out. It happens.

And that's something that personnel has to account for. Ryan Leaf's personality charts would have shown you that when he was drafted. The kid showed up like 30 minutes and 20 pounds too late to the draft combine. (note: I can't source this. But I have read it.) It's true that you have to account for post-collegiate crap in some players. Leaf might even be a minor example of that. But in most cases when we talk about busts, we talk about players who just weren't as good as their draft position dictated they should have been, like Kwame Brown.

I mean, Kwame Brown is essentially replaceable by like 200 current basketball players. But that means that he's about as good as 200 other players, not that he's the worst in the NBA. To use my prior metaphor, if Kwame had been taken with the 51st pick, people wouldn't be up in arms calling him a bust. He'd just be another rotation player.

theuuord
03-05-2009, 05:38 PM
A bust is a bust. No other way to really explain someone who doesn't perform under the pressure.

Would you call Bryan Bracey a bust?

Jacob K.
03-05-2009, 05:38 PM
He's still better than DJ MONKEYMAN and yes, it's the Washington Organization for drafting a big man with small hands. That's like dating a fat girl with no boobs, it's a lose lose situation.

hahahahah!!!!!!!

theuuord
03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
You're "assuming because your assumptions are right"???

Yeh...okayyyyyy.:crazy:

You're making this way more complicated than it is...or rather you're attemptiing to do that.

First, never have I seen a player miss as many easy shots as Kwame has over his BUST of a career...not even in a high school game have I seen such poor play.

I am judging on him on what he is: BUST

Then you have absolutely zero talent at evaluating professional basketball.

Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC-KP4dL98M

Sidious
03-05-2009, 05:40 PM
I rather have him than a Chris Mihm, DJ MONKEYKING, Sun Yue, you are ignorant, his defense is better than half the starting C's in the league.

And you're blind. Defense and Kwame Brown are so far apart. Everything about basketball escapes this dude.

jrodmesche
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM

how can you say somthing like that when mark blount is standing right behind you!

Sidious
03-05-2009, 05:42 PM
is it possible for your english to be any worse?

Are you the nets spell checker? grammar checker? Don't go there with me little one...too easy.

Sidious
03-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Then you have absolutely zero talent at evaluating professional basketball.

Sorry.

I'm not going to lose any sleep because of what YOU think. Point of fact, almost everyone thinks Kwame is a bust...you're just one of the few exceptions.

ink
03-05-2009, 05:46 PM

Sure there is, and that's why this is a good thread idea. Andrea Bargnani got labelled "bust" in his sophomore year. That was stupidly premature but still fans decided they knew better. He's proving people wrong now.

IRUAM #21
03-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Brown <<<<<<<<<<< Blount

JJ81
03-05-2009, 06:30 PM
People are angry because they just gave up their NUMBER ONE PICK for KWAME BROWN. What's hard to understand about that?

theuuord
03-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm not going to lose any sleep because of what YOU think. Point of fact, almost everyone thinks Kwame is a bust...you're just one of the few exceptions.

That's not even the point. The fact isn't whether or not Kwame is considered a bust by the general populace's definition of bust. The point is why the word is such a dumb concept.
The important thing we have to realize is that the blame shouldn't fall on Kwame's shoulders. It's not his fault he was chosen first.

Also to note: This really isn't about Kwame. He's just the prime example. Olowokandi, Tskitishvili, Dajuan Wagner, and dozens more could replace Kwame's name in this argument. The point isn't whether or not Kwame is a great player or lived up to where he was drafted - clearly he hasn't. The point is that the blame that people normally place on him for being the ballplayer that he is should be placed on the shoulders of the people who picked him first.

theuuord
03-05-2009, 10:52 PM
People are angry because they just gave up their NUMBER ONE PICK for KWAME BROWN. What's hard to understand about that?

Nothing. My point is not to be angry at Kwame. Be angry at Washington's front office for making a bad selection. Hold them accountable first.

IndyRealist
03-06-2009, 01:34 AM
That's not even the point. The fact isn't whether or not Kwame is considered a bust by the general populace's definition of bust. The point is why the word is such a dumb concept.
The important thing we have to realize is that the blame shouldn't fall on Kwame's shoulders. It's not his fault he was chosen first.

Also to note: This really isn't about Kwame. He's just the prime example. Olowokandi, Tskitishvili, Dajuan Wagner, and dozens more could replace Kwame's name in this argument. The point isn't whether or not Kwame is a great player or lived up to where he was drafted - clearly he hasn't. The point is that the blame that people normally place on him for being the ballplayer that he is should be placed on the shoulders of the people who picked him first.

I think most everyone blames MJ for drafting Kwame, don't they? Someone should have realized the kid had small hands and no work ethic, and that he should have been a late first round pick instead of a #1. But if scouting were a perfect science, we wouldn't talk about Olowakandi, or Sam Bowie, or Darko Milicic. I'm pretty sure if Toronto could go back and pick Brandon Roy instead of Bargs, they'd do it in a heartbeat. It's an educated guessing game, and sometimes you just guess wrong.

theuuord
03-06-2009, 01:37 AM
I think most everyone blames MJ for drafting Kwame, don't they? Someone should have realized the kid had small hands and no work ethic, and that he should have been a late first round pick instead of a #1. But if scouting were a perfect science, we wouldn't talk about Olowakandi, or Sam Bowie, or Darko Milicic. I'm pretty sure if Toronto could go back and pick Brandon Roy instead of Bargs, they'd do it in a heartbeat. It's an educated guessing game, and sometimes you just guess wrong.

Calling Kwame Brown the worst player in NBA history isn't exactly blaming MJ for setting the unrealistic expectations. (and it wasn't just MJ. It's the entirety of Washington's FO.)

I think it's easier for some people to blame Kwame instead of the front office because Kwame is a more recognizable face. He plays basketball on television 70-80 nights a year. Easier to see, easier to chastise.
Doesn't make it right though.

Ethix11
03-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Better Urge Some Trade

Chronz
03-06-2009, 02:19 AM
Agreed Kandi man wasnt a bust, he was never any good he just put up numbers against bad teams and the Clippers fell for it.

hotdogbun
03-06-2009, 02:20 AM
i can name 100 worse nba players than kwame brown right now (ofcourse kwame > 99% of dleague players, thats why kwame is in nba and they are in dleague)

Acker, Alex
Ager, Maurice
Ajinca, Alexis
Allen, Malik
Amundson, Louis
Anthony, Joel
Atkins, Chucky
Balkman, Renaldo
Baston, Maceo
Blount, Mark
Booth, Calvin
Bowen, Ryan
Buckner, Greg
Bynum, Will
Cardinal, Brian
Carney, Rodney
Claxton, Speedy
Collins, Jarron
Collins, Jason
Cook, Brian
Davidson, Jermareo
Davis, Baron
Diawara, Yakhouba
Diener, Travis
Diogu, Ike
Diop, DeSagana
Elson, Francisco
Ely, Melvin
Evans, Reggie
Fesenko, Kyrylo
Foyle, Adonal
Gadzuric, Dan
Gardner, Thomas
Garnett, Kevin
Giddens, J.R.
Gill, Eddie
Gortat, Marcin
Gray, Aaron
Haddadi, Hamed
Hairston, Malik
Hart, Jason
Hassell, Trenton
Hollins, Ryan
Humphries, Kris
Hunter, Othello
Hunter, Steven
Ilunga-Mbenga, Didier
Ivey, Royal
Jackson, Darnell
James, Jerome
Jaric, Marko
Jawai, Nathan
Johnson, Trey
Jones, Solomon
Kurz, Rob
Madsen, Mark
Mahinmi, Ian
Marks, Sean
Martin, Cartier
May, Sean
Mayo, O.J.
McRoberts, Josh
Mensah-Bonsu, Pops
Mihm, Chris
Moore, Mikki
Novak, Steve
O'Bryant, Patrick
Ollie, Kevin
Pecherov, Oleksiy
Pierce, Paul
Powell, Josh
Pruitt, Gabe
Randolph, Shavlik
Richardson, Jeremy
Roberson, Anthony
Rondo, Rajon
Rose, Malik
Ruffin, Michael
Sharpe, Walter
Simmons, Bobby
Singletary, Sean
Singleton, James
Skinner, Brian
Snow, Eric
Solomon, Will
Songaila, Darius
Sun Yue
Swift, Robert
Taylor, Mike
Thomas, Etan
Thomas, Kenny
Tucker, Alando
Ukic, Roko
Voskuhl, Jake
Watson, C.J.
Weems, Sonny
West, Mario
Wilks, Mike
Williams, Shawne
Williams, Shelden

put kwame in the starting lineup of a team without highscorers and he will average a double double. put him in last years 76ers replacing reggie evans spot and he will get like 12 ppg

theuuord
03-06-2009, 02:29 AM
i can name 100 worse nba players than kwame brown right now (ofcourse kwame > 99% of dleague players, thats why kwame is in nba and they are in dleague)

Acker, Alex
Ager, Maurice
Ajinca, Alexis
Allen, Malik
Amundson, Louis
Anthony, Joel
Atkins, Chucky
Balkman, Renaldo
Baston, Maceo
Blount, Mark
Booth, Calvin
Bowen, Ryan
Buckner, Greg
Bynum, Will
Cardinal, Brian
Carney, Rodney
Claxton, Speedy
Collins, Jarron
Collins, Jason
Cook, Brian
Davidson, Jermareo
Davis, Baron
Diawara, Yakhouba
Diener, Travis
Diogu, Ike
Diop, DeSagana
Elson, Francisco
Ely, Melvin
Evans, Reggie
Fesenko, Kyrylo
Foyle, Adonal
Gadzuric, Dan
Gardner, Thomas
Garnett, Kevin
Giddens, J.R.
Gill, Eddie
Gortat, Marcin
Gray, Aaron
Haddadi, Hamed
Hairston, Malik
Hart, Jason
Hassell, Trenton
Hollins, Ryan
Humphries, Kris
Hunter, Othello
Hunter, Steven
Ilunga-Mbenga, Didier
Ivey, Royal
Jackson, Darnell
James, Jerome
Jaric, Marko
Jawai, Nathan
Johnson, Trey
Jones, Solomon
Kurz, Rob
Madsen, Mark
Mahinmi, Ian
Marks, Sean
Martin, Cartier
May, Sean
Mayo, O.J.
McRoberts, Josh
Mensah-Bonsu, Pops
Mihm, Chris
Moore, Mikki
Novak, Steve
O'Bryant, Patrick
Ollie, Kevin
Pecherov, Oleksiy
Pierce, Paul
Powell, Josh
Pruitt, Gabe
Randolph, Shavlik
Richardson, Jeremy
Roberson, Anthony
Rondo, Rajon
Rose, Malik
Ruffin, Michael
Sharpe, Walter
Simmons, Bobby
Singletary, Sean
Singleton, James
Skinner, Brian
Snow, Eric
Solomon, Will
Songaila, Darius
Sun Yue
Swift, Robert
Taylor, Mike
Thomas, Etan
Thomas, Kenny
Tucker, Alando
Ukic, Roko
Voskuhl, Jake
Watson, C.J.
Weems, Sonny
West, Mario
Wilks, Mike
Williams, Shawne
Williams, Shelden

put kwame in the starting lineup of a team without highscorers and he will average a double double. put him in last years 76ers replacing reggie evans spot and he will get like 12 ppg

<----- sees the names you threw in there just to piss people off

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-06-2009, 02:31 AM

Acker, Alex
Ager, Maurice
Ajinca, Alexis
Allen, Malik
Amundson, Louis
Anthony, Joel
Atkins, Chucky
Balkman, Renaldo
Baston, Maceo
Blount, Mark
Booth, Calvin
Bowen, Ryan
Buckner, Greg
Bynum, Will
Cardinal, Brian
Carney, Rodney
Claxton, Speedy
Collins, Jarron
Collins, Jason
Cook, Brian
Davidson, Jermareo
Davis, Baron
Diawara, Yakhouba
Diener, Travis
Diogu, Ike
Diop, DeSagana
Elson, Francisco
Ely, Melvin
Evans, Reggie
Fesenko, Kyrylo
Foyle, Adonal
Gadzuric, Dan
Gardner, Thomas
Garnett, Kevin
Giddens, J.R.
Gill, Eddie
Gortat, Marcin
Gray, Aaron
Haddadi, Hamed
Hairston, Malik
Hart, Jason
Hassell, Trenton
Hollins, Ryan
Humphries, Kris
Hunter, Othello
Hunter, Steven
Ilunga-Mbenga, Didier
Ivey, Royal
Jackson, Darnell
James, Jerome
Jaric, Marko
Jawai, Nathan
Johnson, Trey
Jones, Solomon
Kurz, Rob
Madsen, Mark
Mahinmi, Ian
Marks, Sean
Martin, Cartier
May, Sean
Mayo, O.J.
McRoberts, Josh
Mensah-Bonsu, Pops
Mihm, Chris
Moore, Mikki
Novak, Steve
O'Bryant, Patrick
Ollie, Kevin
Pecherov, Oleksiy
Pierce, Paul
Powell, Josh
Pruitt, Gabe
Randolph, Shavlik
Richardson, Jeremy
Roberson, Anthony
Rondo, Rajon
Rose, Malik
Ruffin, Michael
Sharpe, Walter
Simmons, Bobby
Singletary, Sean
Singleton, James
Skinner, Brian
Snow, Eric
Solomon, Will
Songaila, Darius
Sun Yue
Swift, Robert
Taylor, Mike
Thomas, Etan
Thomas, Kenny
Tucker, Alando
Ukic, Roko
Voskuhl, Jake
Watson, C.J.
Weems, Sonny
West, Mario
Wilks, Mike
Williams, Shawne
Williams, Shelden

Well the bold are the ones that are definitely wrong, and many others in there are questionable..

theuuord
03-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Well the bold are the ones that are definitely wrong, and many others in there are questionable..

lol. you missed at least one big one.

stevec6
03-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Len Bias...the number two pick in 1986, overdoses on cocaine a day after being drafted.

Draft bust.

how can you even say that, granted he shouldnt have been doing coke but thats a freak accident. he wasnt a bust

IndyRealist
03-06-2009, 02:38 AM

Yeah, but I you can't argue with the -entire- list, so...

theuuord
03-06-2009, 02:58 AM
how can you even say that, granted he shouldnt have been doing coke but thats a freak accident. he wasnt a bust

Actually, using the general term of what a "bust" is, he is another primary example of one.

A tragic bust, and an unfair bust (but hey, that's my argument - that all "busts" are labeled unfairly), but a bust nonetheless.

theuuord
03-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Yeah, but I you can't argue with the -entire- list, so...

yeah, most of it is defensible. but like i said earlier, he clearly threw in a couple names just to rile people up.

note to others: don't fall for the bait.

hotdogbun
03-06-2009, 03:02 AM

yeah baron davis is a mistake i missed him. but pierce and kg and rondo arent

theuuord
03-06-2009, 03:04 AM
yeah baron davis is a mistake i missed him. but pierce and kg and rondo arent

let me guess: someone doesn't like boston.

(you also forgot OJ Mayo. that was the one i was referring to.)

note to others again: don't fall for the bait.

hotdogbun
03-06-2009, 03:19 AM
**** i also missed oj mayo but thats not my point

THE POINT IS KWAME IS NOT THE WORST

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-06-2009, 12:34 PM
let me guess: someone doesn't like boston.

(you also forgot OJ Mayo. that was the one i was referring to.)

note to others again: don't fall for the bait.

Oh wow I am not sure how I missed that one haha.

But yeah he just hates Boston, but whatever it really was a poor attempt to "hate" Boston.

hotdogbun
03-06-2009, 01:25 PM
i dont hate boston i just hate kg,pierce and rondo. if i hate boston then i would have also put there ray allen,marbury,etc.

again my point is that kwame is not the worse. and its not just an attempt but is a made attempt

fire2last
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM

Read my post you freakin' idiot...I said draft bust.