PDA

View Full Version : Marbury & Eddie House

prash
03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
I heard that these two absolutely despise each other.

Anyone know the back story??

Marbury assisted Eddie House on a buzzer beating 3 against the Nets last night and the two didn't even acknowledge each other .lol.

Wilson
03-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I've never heard anything about it :shrug:

Whatever it is, they'd better sort it out. You don't want stuff like that coming up down the stretch of the regular season/play-offs...

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah I know they do not like each other, but I dont know why.
During preseason this year, when Marbs was playing, he kept jawing with House.
Even while House was on the bench, the two kept going at it.
But Marbury was always laughing and stuff, dont know if was anything serious.

op12
03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
i doubt doc would have brought starbury in if this was the case. they may not be friends but im sure they get along fine for business purposes. sometimes rumors just like to stir the pot.

colinskik
03-05-2009, 01:12 PM
let the cancer spread....

D-Leethal
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
During preseason House was gloating the fact that he has a ring and talking crap to Steph, Steph repeatedly screamed at him on the court and on the bench, "YOUR A BUM" and it was right on camera.....pretty funny

Lindystud36
03-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Just the media makin small things into big news

Frrrrank!!!
03-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Rumors spreading to just make news out of nothing. :pity:

hotdogbun
03-05-2009, 01:51 PM

stupid sports terms. cancer? cancer is a decease there is no such thing as cancer in basketball

still1ballin
03-05-2009, 01:53 PM
oh oh

magichatnumber9
03-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I have watched the ball game twice and the camera does not follow the team into the locker room. It was a great play executed by two good players. If they had beef then I am sure they are ironing it out. But the person who started this thread does not want to hear that.

Sidious
03-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Buck Foston!

Nocioni5
03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
stupid sports terms. cancer? cancer is a decease there is no such thing as cancer in basketball

you must never have seen larry "the bum" Hughes

fire2last
03-05-2009, 02:43 PM

:nod:

colinskik
03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
you must never have seen larry "the bum" Hughes
He's been doing pretty alright for us. Even good.

How's Tim Thomas holding up? ahahaha

Nighthawk
03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Buck Foston!

Look everyone the cool kid made a post...Go Away.

Frrrrank!!!
03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Buck Foston!

Wow, sounds like you know basketball.:rolleyes:

Wilson
03-05-2009, 03:33 PM

It was just a joke...

Nighthawk
03-05-2009, 03:39 PM
It was just a joke...

obviously....I cant defend my city?? Didnt think anything was wrong with that. I was just wondering though how "***K Boston" HAS ANYTHING to do with House and Starburys relationship? thought so./

dandman1021
03-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Why cant the nba just get along =(

dandman1021
03-05-2009, 03:41 PM
or members on PSD

BKNets

I personally appreciated it, and I hope he trolls until the day he dies.

Sounds like there's no ostensible correlation between saying "Buck Foston" and basketball knowledge. :shrug:

Jonathan2323
Marbury was a bad signing because he is taking away from House. to me House is the X-factor for that team.

Nighthawk
03-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Marbury was a bad signing because he is taking away from House. to me House is the X-factor for that team.

House is not a pg. He cant bring the ball up under pressure. I love Eddie House. But lets be real here, hes a shooter. what he does best is shoot the ball. Marbury backing up Rondo is really takin minutes from Pruitt and his develop but who cares about that. Pruitt isnt an NBA pg imo and wont succeed much on this level. Marbury and House will be fine.

Frrrrank!!!
03-05-2009, 03:46 PM
It was just a joke...

Along with what nighthawk said, it has nothing to do with the thread. just a way to bait.

Nighthawk
03-05-2009, 03:47 PM
I personally appreciated it, and I hope he trolls until the day he dies.

Sounds like there's no ostensible correlation between saying "Buck Foston" and basketball knowledge. :shrug:

I hope he hates Boston for a while. It means were still dominating the sports scene. I just dont see where his comment fits the thread title. I dint now this was a Buck Foston thread. oops

Wilson
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM
obviously....I cant defend my city?? Didnt think anything was wrong with that. I was just wondering though how "***K Boston" HAS ANYTHING to do with House and Starburys relationship? thought so./

I'm not saying you can't defend your city, I just don't see why 'Buck Foston' would upset anyone. It seemed to just be a little joke to me :shrug:

Lord knows there are a lot of jokers on PSD, so this particular occurence shouldn't bother anyone too much...

Why cant the nba just get along =(

or members on PSD

:p :laugh2:

House is not a pg. He cant bring the ball up under pressure. I love Eddie House. But lets be real here, hes a shooter. what he does best is shoot the ball. Marbury backing up Rondo is really takin minutes from Pruitt and his develop but who cares about that. Pruitt isnt an NBA pg imo and wont succeed much on this level. Marbury and House will be fine.

Agreed. Marbury's presence off the bench, in theory, should help House get more open looks and make him a more effective player. With Marbury doing his thing and drawing defenders' attention, House should find himself open more often, which obviously helps his game and the team.

If they're really that upset with each other though, it could easily backfire.

Along with what nighthawk said, it has nothing to do with the thread. just a way to bait.

Then why even bother responding? If you feel someone's really trying to bait you or a fanbase, just report it to a mod...

Frrrrank!!!
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Then why even bother responding? If you feel someone's really trying to bait you or a fanbase, just report it to a mod...

I usually do, but sometimes I like to fire back a little and see what happens.:D

Nighthawk
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm not saying you can't defend your city, I just don't see why 'Buck Foston' would upset anyone. It seemed to just be a little joke to me :shrug:

Lord knows there are a lot of jokers on PSD, so this particular occurence shouldn't bother anyone too much...

Doesnt upset me. When i read the first post i just new id see CANCER posts or Marbury will ruin the Celts. Instead i saw Buck Foston and decided to tell this guy to screw. Its all good

Agreed. Marbury's presence off the bench, in theory, should help House get more open looks and make him a more effective player. With Marbury doing his thing and drawing defenders' attention, House should find himself open more often, which obviously helps his game and the team.

Bingo...Couldnt agree more

If they're really that upset with each other though, it could easily backfire.

I dont think so. This team is to strong. Doc and the Big 3 imo have a firm grip on the locker room. I dont think this will be ANYTHING other than a PSD discussion.

Wilson
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I usually do, but sometimes I like to fire back a little and see what happens.:D

Fan the flames...:laugh2:fair enough...:p

Frrrrank!!!
03-05-2009, 04:09 PM
fan the flames...:laugh2:fair enough...:p

:)

Wilson
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I dont think so. This team is to strong. Doc and the Big 3 imo have a firm grip on the locker room. I dont think this will be ANYTHING other than a PSD discussion.

Yeah. Coming off such a recent championship, they should be able to keep that grip on the locker room as well.

Missing56&33
03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
haha the knicks finally turned marbury into a team player. They scared him into one. I think Marbury, House, PP, RA gonna be lights out in the playoffs, Marbury is actually a great passer when he drives and kick out to open three point shooter. He can shoot the three well himself

VPNeedAssistanc
03-05-2009, 05:10 PM

dumb guy tries to act smart, it's disease and of course there is, it's used as a metaphor (to spread and kill) you should go suck on a hot dog and stop talking.

HOZ THE KNICK
03-05-2009, 06:04 PM
marbury got his last chance he better not blow it.

JJ81
03-05-2009, 06:29 PM
And now they share his minutes.

Cancer.

greatest
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM
I think they get along fine. Marbury wants to win a championship otherwise he wouldnt have gone to BOston. And im pretty sure the organization has him on a short leash and he will end up being the only one hurt if he messes up this time. Especially for something as small as this.

op12
03-05-2009, 07:24 PM
just haters being hopeful that the celtics will somehow stumble. just let it be and hope your team can beat us. wouldnt you rather beat a team with no problems. personally i would rather someone like the lakers be at full strength if we play in the finals. it is always better to have no excuses.

Kakaroach
03-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Maybe Eddie House is ticked off because Marbury will be taking his minutes:confused:

Corey
03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Marbury isn't really taking his minutes though. The second line right now is Marbury/House/Powe/Davis/Moore.

If anything, Eddie should be happy that he can play the 2, and have Marbury take pressure off of him.

Ollie Tabooger
03-05-2009, 11:33 PM
house is a legend. Marbury would get f'd up by Eddie.

zambo4president
03-06-2009, 12:14 AM
He's been doing pretty alright for us. Even good.

How's Tim Thomas holding up? ahahaha

Nailing 3`s ahahaha

madiaz3
03-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Rumors spreading to just make news out of nothing. :pity:

no...if you watched preseason you'd know it wasnt a rumor lol