PDA

View Full Version : Who came up bigger in the playoffs? Mike Bibby ('01-02) or Chauncey Billups ('03-04)

JordansBulls
03-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Bibby in 2001-2002 was pretty much a 14 and 5 player in the regular season that year, but stepped it up in the playoffs and was a 20 and 5 player. He hit big shot after big shot to give the Kings every chance they could to knock off the Lakers. He was the Kings go to man in that series.

Billups in 2003-2004 no one really knew who he was at the time. He hit some big shots against New Jersey and then proceeded to play much better than expected in the finals and took home the finals mvp.

With that in mind, who came up bigger in the playoffs? Mike Bibby ('01-02) or Chauncey Billups ('03-04)

I used these two guys because no one really expected them to play the way they did.

todu82
03-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Billups

still1ballin
03-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Billups, he led his team to a championship.

what54!?
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Billups. Led a team to a championship that most people didn't think they would win and was the finals MVP.

Kings Faithful
03-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Bibby wasn't our "go to man" in the playoffs. He was A go to guy, just like Peja, Webber, Divacs, and Jackson. I think Bibby was more exciting than Billups but it is true that Billups led his team to a championship. Although the Kings couldn't get there no matter how good we were.

CityofTreez
03-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Being a Kings Fan, Mike Bibby outperformed everyone on the Kings roster during that playoff series. Peja & Christie proved strong, but Bibby wanted the ball during the most clutch time of the game.

Billups played the Lakers when they were declining/weaker, plus Shaq couldn't even play aginst Wallace/Sheed so it was Billups/prince/Hamilton vs. Fisher/Bryant

Lakers/Kings = better playoff series w/ the drama
Kobe/Horace Grant/R.Fox/Shaq/Fisher
Christie/Webber/Peja/Vlade/Bibby

I believe the Kings/lakers playoff's was 1 of the best plus the whole Donaghee controversy -w/ kings getting 20 fouls in 4th quarter -we didn't foul that many times - joke