PDA

View Full Version : What is it about players from Duke

BooCain
03-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I've notice something about the guys that are from Duke that's still in the league, they all have something in common, they are not very athletic and they are injury prone. Loul Deng, Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, Grant Hill, Cory Maggette, Christian Laettner, Jay Williams, and Chris Duhon. All of these guys have suffered signifacant injury's. What is it about Duke players. I'm a North Carolina fan myself so you know how I feel about Duke anyway, I just want to see if I was the only one who noticed this trend.

jon-jon
03-05-2009, 11:15 AM
What injury did Chris Duhon ever suffer?

Maybe you should replace Du with Bobby Hurley on that list.

Yeah...they are cursed...

ameer9521
03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
What injury did Chris Duhon ever suffer?

Maybe you should replace Du with Bobby Hurley on that list.

Yeah...they are cursed...

du has chronic back issues, he's always in pain & missing games & minutes.

Kouki_Monstah
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
oh come on. First this is in the wrong forum, and second its just something stupid a UNC fan would say. Players get injured all the time reguardless of where they went to school.

and God said, "Those of you whom went to Duke, you shall be injured now." LMAO. :)

gqmo16
03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
corey maggette is an exception to wat ur saying in terms of athleticism...but he obviously isnt a star in the league either

Soxfan54
03-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I dont agree that they arent athletic, but Duke players tend to be cursed/underachieve as pros. Hill and Laettner never became the players they were thought to be, Brand is always injured, Maggette is an underachever, the list goes on...

ackar
03-05-2009, 01:11 PM
i say this thread is valid here because the Bulls tend to pick up a lot of Duke players and they seem fragile as crystal and underacheive big time.

flora6
03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
how did Hill not become the player everyone thought?? yea he had problems with the ankles but before that he was amazing and even after he still can play at a top level

DLeeicious
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I think Coach K shoots them up with performance enhancers and if they have injuries he shoots them up with that stuff the coach shot his players up with from Varsity Blues. That way they have great college careers and bust in the NBA, but Coach K doesn't care about how they do in the nba. Think about that.

sguglie2
03-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure that crashing your motorcycle and getting a career ending injury makes you unathletic or injury prone. Stupid yes but I'm not sure injury prone is the right choice of words to describe Jay Williams

MG3
03-05-2009, 04:19 PM
To be honest...Duke isn't really that much of a powerhouse anymore in college basketball. They're ranked high every year but what happens in the tourney? They go no where so until they win a title which I believe they haven't since '92 and they're supposed to be one of the elite programs. UNC>Duke

IndyRealist
03-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Mike Dunleavy Jr. was a Duke player and he had only missed 11 games in 6 years before this year. This is his first real injury.

Elton Brand has missed most of the last two years, but before that he was an iron man. 20/10 for 8 out of 10 years isn't bad at all.

Chris Duhon has missed 28 games out of 387 in 5 years, never played less than 66 in a year, and really only had one year that he could be considered "injured".

Players go out for injuries all the time, it's the NBA. I don't think you can consider them injury prone.

DrDEADalready
03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
:shrug:

Missing56&33
03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
:shrug: Jay Williams:pity: bonehead

IndyRealist
03-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I'd also like to point out that Shane Battier went to Duke, who's missed 14 games in 7 years.

Josh McRoberts has missed 0 games due to injury, he just gets DNP's.

NyK #8 Ro0st3r
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
To be honest...Duke isn't really that much of a powerhouse anymore in college basketball. They're ranked high every year but what happens in the tourney? They go no where so until they win a title which I believe they haven't since '92 and they're supposed to be one of the elite programs. UNC>Duke

They won it in 01 against Arizona they were the 3 seed.

Jacob K.
03-05-2009, 05:02 PM
i just think people get injured, it has nothing to do with the college they attend. you could make a case for any other school

Kakaroach
03-05-2009, 05:30 PM
All players get injured, not just stars from Duke.