PDA

View Full Version : [SI]Could the Rockets deal Yao?

fredv
03-05-2009, 10:13 AM
It will be interesting to see how involved Yao Ming is in the Rockets' offense for the rest of the season. Yao has felt underutilized in Rick Adelman's read-and-react system, which is the polar opposite of Jeff Van Gundy's low-post oriented attack that involved Yao on nearly every possession. Some league insiders feel that while both Adelman and Yao are among the top coaches and players, respectively, their marriage to each other is doomed to fail. Adelman prefers big men who can step out on the perimeter and facilitate the offense from the elbow, like he had with Brad Miller, Chris Webber and Vlade Divac in Sacramento. Yao is a classic back-to-the-basket player who has never looked comfortable playing so far from the rim.

"Great coach, great player," an Eastern Conference scout said. "Bad mix."

The Rockets have shown no indication that they are open to trading Yao (who has two-years and $34 million remaining on his contract) or firing Adelman (who has one-year and a team option remaining on his original four-year deal). Yao is a cash cow for Houston, and the idea of dealing a 28-year-old franchise center would seem absurd. But several executives feel that the Rockets will see what the market is for Yao at the end of the season.

"They would be crazy not to at least ask around," an Eastern Conference GM said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_mannix/03/04/Celtics.Marbury/

Wow, I wonder who they could get for what is the best, or the second best Center in the League and is an amazing CASH COW!
The guy brings millions or viewers and buyers! He probably has more value than a guy like Howard just because of his fans!

bartlett2266
03-05-2009, 10:16 AM
yao ming for chris bosh

Wilson
03-05-2009, 10:24 AM
He figures to have a lot of value considering his talent, and the fact that his deal expires in 2010. If Houston fail to get out of the first round again, then a Yao trade is definately possible, in my opinion.

Jaji
03-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Yao and LeBron!

GunFactor187
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Yao for Pistons starting Center, baby!!!!

bal_ravens
03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I'd give up Caron Butler and maybe another piece for him.

Wilson
03-05-2009, 11:06 AM
I'd give up Caron Butler and maybe another piece for him.

I don't know how interested Houston would be in Butler, they already have Artest and Battier...

JordansBulls
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Yao to the Bulls for Tyrus and Deng.:D

mrblisterdundee
03-05-2009, 11:54 AM
The Rockets should trade Yao while he still has a lot of value. They're obviously not going to win a title with Yao, McGrady, and Artest. They have a few young pieces to build around. By trading Yao, they can restart with a talented young roster.

Hellcrooner
03-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Yao for Bynum!!!!!!! 5 straight Titles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now realistically i would love him on Warriors or Knicks, Chinese Governors would ove that too

BenFrank
03-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Yao's not going any where

fredo832
03-05-2009, 12:14 PM
The Rockets wont trade Yao. Yall are only dreaming. this wont happen at all. Yao hasnt demanded a trade or said he wants to leave the team. Yall are saying trade Yao for bosh your effin stupid Bosh is in his final year and so is Lebron. Why would we trade for someone that will just leave us next year? Yao isnt going anywhere he just upset cause hes getting all these foul calls and getting fouled and not being called. just remember this Yao is not TMAC!!!

fredv
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
The Rockets wont trade Yao. Yall are only dreaming. this wont happen at all. Yao hasnt demanded a trade or said he wants to leave the team. Yall are saying trade Yao for bosh your effin stupid Bosh is in his final year and so is Lebron. Why would we trade for someone that will just leave us next year? Yao isnt going anywhere he just upset cause hes getting all these foul calls and getting fouled and not being called. just remember this Yao is not TMAC!!!

I agree that the trade idea's that have been thrown out are stupid, and that it would take more than just Bosh straight up for Yao. I also think that the Rockets have in mind of keeping Yao and not trading him.
HOWEVER, the Rockets have already offered two max contracts to Yao that he has DENIED! I'd rather get something out of him rather than let him walk in 2010... And by saying get something out of him, I mean something big, a la CP3...

Sox Appeal
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Yao to the Bulls for Tyrus and Deng.:D

I doubt the Rockets would accept that. I'm guessing it would take 2 quality young players, and probably a 1st rounder to land Yao. (And it wouldn't surprise me if it would take more then that..) I don't see Yao being a good fit on the Bulls though anyway. Their entire team is built for an up tempo offense, and that's something Yao isn't durable enough to accel in.

Sox Appeal
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Yao for Pistons starting Center, baby!!!!

No thanks.

:puke:

RodmansBulls
03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree that the trade idea's that have been thrown out are stupid, and that it would take more than just Bosh straight up for Yao. I also think that the Rockets have in mind of keeping Yao and not trading him.
HOWEVER, the Rockets have already offered two max contracts to Yao that he has DENIED! I'd rather get something out of him rather than let him walk in 2010... And by saying get something out of him, I mean something big, a la CP3...

I'm thinking Yao is going to jump in 2010, if he's serious about winning a title. I woulld try to get him to extend his contract next year, and if he declined it, ship him out. Get some young talent to build around, and see who you can get in 2010.

fredv
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
People don't have to forget that Yao is arguably the best center (in some peoples opinion) in the league. Good Big Men are rare, and Yao is a proven ALLSTAR starter. If you feed Yao the ball, he will easily get 25+ a night. The guy is shooting amazingly each time I check the boxscore.
Plus, the guy, is a HUGE cash cow, but him on any team, one week after the world is in rupture of stock because China is buying all his new gear.
Look at all the deals the Rockets have got because of him, the whole Toyota Center is covered with Chinese stuff.
After Lebron and Kobe and eventually Wade, I think Yao is one of the most valuable guys in the league, just because of the huge country behind him.

It would take way way waaaaay more than what you guys have been proposing. Do you think a guy like Wade would be traded for 2 young average players and a 1st rounder? Please.

I could see teams that are having financial issue's go after him. New Orleans isn't stuffed with cash and I think they would let go CP3 for Yao.

Anyways, IF a trade was to go down, which is like 5% chance, it would be Yao straight up for an other All-Star, or and All-Star caliber.

colinskik
03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
People don't have to forget that Yao is arguably the best center (in some peoples opinion) in the league. Good Big Men are rare, and Yao is a proven ALLSTAR starter. If you feed Yao the ball, he will easily get 25+ a night. The guy is shooting amazingly each time I check the boxscore.
Plus, the guy, is a HUGE cash cow, but him on any team, one week after the world is in rupture of stock because China is buying all his new gear.
Look at all the deals the Rockets have got because of him, the whole Toyota Center is covered with Chinese stuff.
After Lebron and Kobe and eventually Wade, I think Yao is one of the most valuable guys in the league, just because of the huge country behind him.

It would take way way waaaaay more than what you guys have been proposing. Do you think a guy like Wade would be traded for 2 young average players and a 1st rounder? Please.

I could see teams that are having financial issue's go after him. New Orleans isn't stuffed with cash and I think they would let go CP3 for Yao.

Anyways, IF a trade was to go down, which is like 5% chance, it would be Yao straight up for an other All-Star, or and All-Star caliber.
There's no way NO lets go of CP3. He means way too much to the franchise and that city.

colinskik
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I say let the Rockets take their pick of any Knicks players/money they want. Get the big man to NY, ***** would be nuts. Then add LBJ, oh man, too good.

Sox Appeal
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM

No chance.

Chris Paul is only 23 years old and he's already one of the best players in the league, and most people would say he's the best PG in the game today. And he's only going to be getting better. Yao on the other hand, is obviously a terrific low-post player, but he's 28, and with the injury concerns he has, I doubt you could get fair value for him on the trade block. (And like you said, Yao makes to much NO to afford) Plus, they already have Tyson Chandler and David West starting for them, so I don't see why they would want to trade for Yao anyway.

RodmansBulls
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
There's no way NO lets go of CP3. He means way too much to the franchise and that city.

who ever said Yao for Cp3 is a fool, this isn't Nba2k9...

fredo832
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I have to disagree with Yao for CP3 cause of the fact that who would be the Rockets center then? I mean it is really diffcult to find a really good big man. I mean the only noticable ones are Howard, Oneal, Stoudamire can play some center, Duncan can also play some center, and then who? I mean there are alot of centers out there but how many of them are All stars that can compare to Yao. What I think is if Artest doesnt resign next year the Rockets will try to to do whatever they got to do to keep him so I can see them trying to trade for Yi Jinlan and then give Yao a huge contract. I mean Yao will get what he wants cause a player like him is hard to come by, and to add on hes not like TMAC he plays and doesnt talk mess bout the team.

DreamShaker
03-05-2009, 05:56 PM
No way.

Steely McBeam
03-05-2009, 06:03 PM
The Rockets should trade Yao while he still has a lot of value. They're obviously not going to win a title with Yao, McGrady, and Artest. They have a few young pieces to build around. By trading Yao, they can restart with a talented young roster.

Yao will never win a championship with the rockets, he's not the problem

astrosmaniac
03-05-2009, 06:14 PM
rockets would fire adleman before trading yao...

vick27m
03-05-2009, 06:17 PM
they could deal yao but they wont

JJ81
03-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Rockets need to blow it up and start again

greatest
03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Yao and Lebron would be sick...think about it.

FOBolous
03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Yao and Lebron would be sick...think about it.

yea it would be. lebron would actually accomplish something with yao...unlike Tmac who complains about having "average" teammates all the time.

IversonIsKrazy
03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
no way Yao is going, but t-mac is