PDA

View Full Version : David Lee---25 Straight Double-Doubles

ProdigyI
03-05-2009, 03:46 AM
:clap:

Most underrated player in the league IMO.

I wish the Bulls had him.

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2009, 04:17 AM
Yeah, good job Lee...now play some D.

GoatMilk
03-05-2009, 04:37 AM
definitely a product of D'Antoni, but I'm not gonna sit here and sip the haterade. DLee's my guy, keep producing young gun, you're gonna get paid soon enough

tbron
03-05-2009, 04:45 AM
good job

oldenpolynice
03-05-2009, 04:48 AM
:clap:

Most underrated player in the league IMO.

I wish the Bulls had him.

Pretty damn good. Wonder if he'll put up the same numbers next season in OKC.

Chronz
03-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Back in my day they didnt call them double-doubles, it was called doing your job.

Moses Malone (I think)

Chronz
03-05-2009, 04:49 AM
definitely a product of D'Antoni, but I'm not gonna sit here and sip the haterade. DLee's my guy, keep producing young gun, you're gonna get paid soon enough
Definitely NOT, what are you talking about. Hes always been a great rebounder.

GoatMilk
03-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Definitely NOT, what are you talking about. Hes always been a great rebounder.

you know what, you're right. ignore that part of the quote :)

Wilson
03-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Lee's developed into a pretty good player. I've heard a lot of good things from Knicks fans about Lee, but it's Nate Robinson who I've been impressed by this year. From what I saw in the past, he seemed to be a bit of a ball hog, who was to trigger happy with the ball. I've not seen a lot of the Knicks this season, but he seems to have taken a step forward in his career.

valade16
03-05-2009, 06:47 AM
David Lee is a pretty good rebounder, but to discount the effect that D'Antoni's system has had on him seems a bit jaded.

how many times has D'Antoni gotten ahold of a guy and widly inflated his value?

Lets see, there was that first suns team, which made Quentin Richardson famous (we all know he sucks now). Shawn Marion was brilliant (then stunk when he left the system), it turned Steve Nash from good PG to 2 time MVP (then subsequently he reverted back to good PG when the system left, and now that it's back, he's back to being amazing). there's Raja Bell, Leandro barbosa, and Matt Barnes who all now look like good players (despite their being only average at best).

Now you look at the Knicks, where suddenly every Knicks player is brilliant and underrated. Sorry, not buying it...

EX-TREME
03-05-2009, 06:56 AM
way to go david lee

oshea225
03-05-2009, 08:30 AM
24 straight*
congrats to him, definitely deserves far more respect than he gets

D-Leethal
03-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Lee is a good player, Mike D has a certain system, Lee has excelled in Mikes system, not everyone can do this, why say this overrates him? Are the Spurs a product of Pop's system becasue they have mastered it?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-05-2009, 09:28 AM
He is a very solid big man, this is definitely a step in the right direction. I am not really surprised in this, he always was a good rebounder.

29$JerZ
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
One of the more consistent big men in the League, hope to keep him as long as the price is right.

Kn1cks20
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
David Lee is a pretty good rebounder, but to discount the effect that D'Antoni's system has had on him seems a bit jaded.

Lets see, there was that first suns team, which made Quentin Richardson famous (we all know he sucks now). Shawn Marion was brilliant (then stunk when he left the system), it turned Steve Nash from good PG to 2 time MVP (then subsequently he reverted back to good PG when the system left, and now that it's back, he's back to being amazing). there's Raja Bell, Leandro barbosa, and Matt Barnes who all now look like good players (despite their being only average at best).

Now you look at the Knicks, where suddenly every Knicks player is brilliant and underrated. Sorry, not buying it...

Sorry to break it to you, but the reason why Dlee is liked a lot in NY its because he hustles regardless if Dantoni was there or Thomas, Dlee would be AVG a double-double.

as for Marion and Nash, if you can tell me that you didnt want them on your team playing regardless who the coach was, than I can tell you that you should go see a doctor.

Marion is a freak athlete that can gaurd anyone from a point gaurd to a power forward, there arent too many players that can do that today.

Steve Nash is Steve Nash!

Barbosa is one of the quickest players in the NBA and can take over a game within a few minutes.

Raja Bell was never known for his offensive game, he was there for defense.

Matt Barnes never played under Dantoni.

Once again who ever said any of the knicks players brilliant, the post was about how he got 25 Double-Doubles I didn't see the word brilliant in there! The knick fans wish we had a brilliant player on our team....if we did we would of had at least like 7 - 8 more wins in the season!

We have an OK team with a lot of players that can do a lot of great things in the NBA if they keep developing...Gallanari, Chandler, Nate, DLee.

nygiants242
03-05-2009, 10:00 AM
He is so freaking underrated. I love him, he is a great player.

LanceUpperCut
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
He's good I don't know about so underated butwill make his money for sure.

DrDEADalready
03-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Who does he play for? He's def underrated if he put up that cause i haven't heard anything about him.

theimortalone
03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Who does he play for? He's def underrated if he put up that cause i haven't heard anything about him.

He plays for the Knicks, and he is very underrated. A very talented player.

what54!?
03-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Knicks better hope that some team doesn't give him a huge contract or he may not be a knick next year

Giaps
03-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Knicks might have made a good decision in not extending him in 08 because teams might be stingy in 09 free agency. We'll see if it backfires or not.

Hellcrooner
03-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Looks like Knicks will have a real trouble this summer, resing Lee and Lose Lebron?

Memphis could offer him max Bucks and he woudl suit SWEET there.

Rubio or Harde or Jennings, Mayo, Gay, Lee, Gasol

Kakaroach
03-05-2009, 05:53 PM
David Lee has always been a good rebounder, but this year thanks to D'Antoni's system he has become a double-double machine.

HOZ THE KNICK
03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
beast!

JJ81
03-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Impressive.

He's not underrated though.

xSolidx
03-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Looks like Knicks will have a real trouble this summer, resing Lee and Lose Lebron?

If the Grizzlies offer Lee the max, then they are the dumbest franchise ever

D.Lee is one of my fav players, but he doesnt deserve the max at all, at all.

Giaps
03-05-2009, 07:02 PM

Lee is not even close to a max player and if Memphis is somehow dumb enough to offer that then the Knicks will quickly walk away. Lee was looking for around $10 million before this season started but Walsh wanted to see how he fit into the system before paying him. Now it's obvious he is a good fit, but it's possible 09 free agency will not have big spenders... a bad economy and people saving for 2010. So if the Knicks can get him for around $8 million, I definitely think the Knicks will sign him.

The key to keeping Lee is trading Curry's $11 million for next season and if anyone can trade this guy, it's Walsh.

Hustla23
03-05-2009, 07:37 PM
David Lee is my favorite player but he still needs to play better defense if he wants to be seen as an upper tier PF in this league.

Nobody's going to spend 2010 money on Lee in 2009 I don't think.

jacquewho?
03-05-2009, 07:44 PM
I think alot of teams wish they had him. He will be a big name involved in trade rumors this offseason along with Nate Robinson. Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries, per usual too.

chicagowhitesox
03-05-2009, 07:49 PM
yeah i was really wishing for the bulls to get him before the deadline. it's so cool how he's ambidextrous.

koreancabbage
03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
he's just a pure hustle player that every team in the NBA would love.

though, he doesn't deserve more than $10-12 Million. i hope they don't pay him more than that- and don't compare him to players that have crappy stats and are sitting on the bench of many teams with bloated contracts cuz they didn't deserve it either. he actually deserves it.

rabzouz 96
03-05-2009, 08:26 PM
he went from being underrated to being overrated for being underrated if that makes sense. he sucksand is a 2nd version of troy murphy without shooting skills. pf that cant block or play d.

Mr.Grizzly
03-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Monster

thedfactor
03-05-2009, 08:36 PM
David lee is god

DwillKB8
03-05-2009, 09:01 PM
David Lee= BEAST :worthy:

Goon.Weezy
03-05-2009, 09:05 PM

but it sure does taste good

_Sn1P3r_
03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Lee is a solid player. A double-double machine. I think he'll be a nice asset to a contending team in the league.

JJOY60
03-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Lee is my favorite player as a Knick's fan. I hope they can keep him have him play with LeBron if they can get him in 2010. That would be awesome

Fordy
03-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Great thread..one of our few bright spots at the moment but our future looks good. Hopefully David Lee will be apart of it. Everyone gets on him about his defense but he guards Centers every night. He is a PF but nearly a SF even. He shouldnt have to be guarding centers!! His defense isnt as bad as some make it out to be.

Devils05
03-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Lee actually leads the league in double-doubles

1 David Lee NYK (60 gm) 16.4 pts, 11.9 reb, 49 dbl-dbl
2 Dwight Howard ORL (58 gm) 20.9 pts, 14.0 reb, 47 dbl-dbl

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-06-2009, 03:32 AM
David Lee and Andre Miller are the most underrated.

$KnicksAndKobe$
03-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Lee is not going to Memphis or Okc. Him and his agent already whined about that.

29$JerZ
03-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Lee didn't want to get traded to Memphis when we were tyring to get their 5th rounder so why would he resign their now?

Lee is not worth 10 million, you may overpay for Bigs but all the bigs who can play are at least above average defensive players (Emeka,Bogut,Beindris,etc)

No team will give him a 10+ million deal because he is a piece, not a star.
You reward consistency with a long term deal, doesn't mean it has to be a hue financial deal as well.

Hellcrooner
03-06-2009, 11:26 AM
^good big men dont grow on trees that wy centers and power fowards that show some glimpses when they are on contract year end up with monstruous contracts like Juwan Howard, Theo Ratliff, Raef Lafrentz, Kwame Brown, Jerome James, Eddy Curry and the list goes on....

Does he deserve 12 million a year? NO

Will he get them? i would be surprised if he didnt.

Its like Marc Gasol, if he keeps up playing like he is lately and even improves a bit he may earn a Better contract that his brother did after rookie contract, Is he better tan Pau? No but good big men= fat contract 100% of times.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
03-06-2009, 03:10 PM
he has put up a double double every game but one this season, he had 25 points and 9 rebounds

superkegger
03-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Pretty impressive. Playing on a team that only has a like 7 man rotation doesn't hurt, but impressive none-the-less.

superkegger
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
^good big men dont grow on trees that wy centers and power fowards that show some glimpses when they are on contract year end up with monstruous contracts like Juwan Howard, Theo Ratliff, Raef Lafrentz, Kwame Brown, Jerome James, Eddy Curry and the list goes on....

Does he deserve 12 million a year? NO

Will he get them? i would be surprised if he didnt.

Its like Marc Gasol, if he keeps up playing like he is lately and even improves a bit he may earn a Better contract that his brother did after rookie contract, Is he better tan Pau? No but good big men= fat contract 100% of times.

Very true, productive bigs are much harder to come by. When you do, you lokc it up. there are a plethora of bigs that earn a pretty penny, yet they have never nor will ever be all stars.

:sigh: if only I were like 15 inches taller and good at basketball.

birdrock7525
03-06-2009, 06:05 PM
David Lee is the type of player that can compliment anyone. He is unbelievable at finishing with either hand. He's gotten better every year and will continue to do so because he's a hard worker. The thing that sticks out to me is his tremendous passing ability for a big. He's a perfect chemistry guy. On defense he's a good communicator but has had a tough time guarding bigger players. Oh and he's not a shot blocker. All that being said, as a knick fan, I seriously hope we keep him, he's a team guy that puts up nice numbers w/out dominating the rock. He would serve as the perfect compliment to a superstar and be the glue that keeps teams together.

Chronz
03-07-2009, 01:20 AM
David Lee has always been a good rebounder, but this year thanks to D'Antoni's system he has become a double-double machine.
Not true, unless the coach replacing D'Antoni is dumb enough to limit his minutes, Lee would be just as good.

Chronz
03-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Not really:

His Rebounding Rate throughout the years:
16.3%
20.7%
17.5%
18.2%

So this isnt even his best rebounding year, it only seems like it because hes playing so many more minutes.

He inflates peoples perceptions, but thats due to the casual fans limited understanding of statistics. Yes certain players play better in different environments and playing styles but its not such a monumental difference. Some players would play worse in D'Antoni's style.

hotpotato1092
03-07-2009, 01:39 AM
I wish my Knicks had him, oh wait...