PDA

View Full Version : Will Henderson be a better player than Hansborough?

nady4president
03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
It's a tough call. I am talking NBA wise (sorry for not stateing in the title)

Sabres39
03-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Are you talking NBA?

If so, then yes. Henderson is the superior athlete and his game will transition much better to the pro's than Hanstravel's will. Hans***** won't get his usual calls in the NBA that he has gotten in college. His lack of athleticism and overall talent will kill him. You can't be a good player in the NBA with just effort.

thegreatone08
03-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Are you talking NBA?

If so, then yes. Henderson is the superior athlete and his game will transition much better to the pro's than Hanstravel's will. Hans***** won't get his usual calls in the NBA that he has gotten in college. His lack of athleticism and overall talent will kill him. You can't be a good player in the NBA with just effort.

It is pretty much a given that Henderson will be better than Hansbrough in the NBA.

However, I love how everyone hates on Hansbrough. This kid can flat out shoot, you don't realize that. He will have a different game in the NBA. Not to mention, right now he gets double and triple teamed every time he touches the ball. That won't happen in the NBA.

Plus he is a great free throw shooter. He will out work other guys to become successful. So many players in the NBA take possesions off. That won't be the case with Hansbrough.

No, Hansbrough won't be a superstar, but everyone comparing him to Mark Madsen is hilarious. I didn't know Madsen was a NPOY.

noturnormalhero
03-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Gerald. Hansborough will be a bench player. Could be a bust like Sean May. Just can't get see him doing much. He wont bang bodies as much. He needs to gain some weight/size. He does get to the line a lot and hits them but he needs to add more to his game to be successful in the NBA.

YankeePride13
03-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Nobody's ever said that Hansbrough is going to be a great NBA player. Get off him for that.

Henderson is more athletic and has an actual position in the NBA. He will be the better NBA player.

But he can't say he beat Tyler 4 times on his own home court ;)

sdweston757
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
this isnt even close

op12
03-05-2009, 01:04 PM
henderson should, doesnt mean he will. sometime i wonder about henderson's mind set but he def has the athletic ability and slashing type moves. my only concern would be his J and that he will end up like dahntay jones. hansborough has a decent J, some decent post moves and a tough work ethic. i think he will suprise some people. at worst he will be a better big baby, a guy that knocks down Js, hustles, and grabs some boards.

sdweston757
03-05-2009, 03:16 PM
the comparison to dahntay jones is fair, but dahntay jones is a good player..

u compare henderson to jones
hansbrough to glen davis

jones > davis
henderson > hanstravel

SidTheKid
03-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Henderson is by far going to have a better pro career. He's got more upside and far more athleticism that can make him transition to the next level much easier.

thegreatone08
03-05-2009, 04:00 PM

hansbrough to glen davis

jones > davis
henderson > hanstravel

lol wow

YankeePride13
03-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Hanstravel...gee, never heard that one before...Why don't you at least be original the next time you try to say something clever...

No one's arguing that Henderson is going to be the better player. He won't, however, leave behind the legacy as possibly the greatest college basketball player of all time.

sdweston757
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Hanstravel...gee, never heard that one before...Why don't you at least be original the next time you try to say something clever...

No one's arguing that Henderson is going to be the better player. He won't, however, leave behind the legacy as possibly the greatest college basketball player of all time.

i just hope the legacy has zero national championships with it... which it will

kvrnm
03-05-2009, 07:56 PM
is this a joke? henderson is far superior

MilfHunter07
03-05-2009, 09:00 PM
yes. i see henderson as a scoring sg and hansborough as a hustle guy

YankeePride13
03-06-2009, 09:38 AM
i just hope the legacy has zero national championships with it... which it will

At least Henderson beat Hansbrough once in Cameron Indoor.

Oh wait...

He didn't...

Don't worry, come Sunday you will be swept in the regular season, further establishing that UNC has taken a step above Duke in terms of talent.

jrap2
03-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Screw Hansbrough!!! Henderson is a much better player then hansbrough. unc focuses on hasbrough more and duke plays as a team.

Just imagine Lebron James and Gerald Henderson on the same team!!!
Ridiculous

Rtardz
03-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I think Henderson will have a very good NBA career, but you can never tell how things work out. He could become like Grant Hill. But he reminds me kinda like Kobe, not saying he is just like him but has some traits. Hansbrough`s upside is his work ethic, I don`t know how that will translate in the pros I don`t see him being an all star by any means but I could be wrong. The thing that is stupid is how people think Hansbrough sucks when he hasn`t done anything but bust his *** and prove himself night after night. Just scores points and breaks records.

op12
03-08-2009, 01:03 PM

hansbrough to glen davis

jones > davis
henderson > hanstravel

i said at worst they would be like those players. and i dont see jones contributing to a championship team like big baby and he has also been in the league longer to adjust. in fact jones couldnt even make the celtics roster after training camp last year. big baby will get better as jones has peaked. with that being said i think henderson will be better than jones, but at worst like jones. ty will likely be better than davis and at worst somewhat like him.

mkool65
03-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Definately, Hansborough wont do crap in the NBA.

YankeePride13
03-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Definately, Hansborough wont do crap in the NBA.

Your intelligence (or lack thereof) is mind-boggling.

JakeDelbreezy
03-09-2009, 02:50 PM
I think Hansbrough will be a decent player in the NBA. Not an all-star, maybe not even a starter. But he will definitely be in the league for 10+ years. He has a great work ethic, and does the little things well. If anything he'll be the guy who makes the "stars" on whatever team he plays for better by busting his tail in practice every day. Having said all of that, I certainly believe Gerald Henderson's game appears to be more like an NBA game. However, his shooting touch leaves a lot to be desired. Honestly, I don't see either of them being "stars" in the NBA...both just good complimentary players.