PDA

View Full Version : High School vs College vs Overseas

KIDDSNETS0324
03-04-2009, 09:42 PM
out of these three teams made out of players straight from high school, players from college and players from over seas, which team is best and who do you think will win if they all played each other???

High School Team

Dwight Howard
KG
LeBron
Kobe
Ellis??

College

Shaq
Duncan
Melo
Wade
Paul

OverSeas

Yao
Pau
Dirk
Ginobili
Nash

JordansBulls
03-04-2009, 09:47 PM
out of these three teams made out of players straight from high school, players from college and players from over seas, which team is best and who do you think will win if they all played each other???

High School Team

Dwight Howard
KG
LeBron
Kobe
Ellis??

College

Shaq
Duncan
Melo
Wade
Paul

OverSeas

Yao
Pau
Dirk
Ginobili
Nash

Interesting thread. Are we comparing them now or at their peak?

superkegger
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
I'd have to go college. They have the best all around. Highschool lacks a pg, and international isn't as good defensively.

KIDDSNETS0324
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Interesting thread. Are we comparing them now or at their peak?

everybody at their absolute best year

JordansBulls
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM

You should have used T-mac instead of Ellis for the high school.

oshea225
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
strangely, i'd have to go with high school. i just don't see a team with kobe lebron garnett and dwight being beat, even with a lack of pg

superkegger
03-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Then I think hands down college. A prime shaq and duncan, thats two of the best big men ever on the same team, add in wade, who's on par with Kobe, and Melo who in that role would just need to score, and paul setting it all up. No doubt I take them.

superkegger
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
You should have used T-mac instead of Ellis for the high school.

agreed, especially if we're talking guys in their best year, not current year.

ARMIN12NBA
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
College is the best. Shaq and Duncan would dominate Howard and Garnett on both ends. Melo/Lebron and Kobe/Wade would somewhat cancel each other out. Chris Paul would absolutely destroy Ellis especially with all the weapons he has. It would definitely be interesting and chemistry would be huge. Which ever team has the ability to gain chemistry would be the best. In the end, talent can only get you so far. Judging by the teams in their primes, I think that college has the best talent and more dominant forces. Would they be able to gain chemistry? Very hard to judge in this case.

ARMIN12NBA
03-04-2009, 09:57 PM
strangely, i'd have to go with high school. i just don't see a team with kobe lebron garnett and dwight being beat, even with a lack of pg

I can see them getting beat by Wade, Melo, Duncan, and Shaq.

superkegger
03-04-2009, 09:58 PM
College is the best. Shaq and Duncan would dominate Howard and Garnett on both ends. Melo/Lebron and Kobe/Wade would somewhat cancel each other out. Chris Paul would absolutely destroy Ellis especially with all the weapons he has. It would definitely be interesting and chemistry would be huge. Which ever team has the ability to gain chemistry would be the best. In the end, talent can only get you so far. Judging by the teams in their primes, I think that college has the best talent and more dominant forces. Would they be able to gain chemistry? Very hard to judge in this case.

In terms of chemistry, I don't think the college team would have a problem. Duncan can fit anywhere, and paul wouldnt have a problem, and we alreay know Wade and Shaq can work together.

pedrofan45
03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Shaq in his prime + Duncan in his prime + Paul = UNBEATABLE

Crooks&Castles
03-04-2009, 10:07 PM
i wouldnt say Nash is international

he went to SANTA CLARA which would put him the college category.

redsox8947
03-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Nash should not be on your "Overseas team".

1. Nash is Canadian, which isn't overseas in the first place
and
2. Nash went to college at Santa Clara University -- in California

VCaintdead17
03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
College no doubt

Kakaroach
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm going with Overseas. Too much scoring, but little defense.

MetsAllTheWay
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
tough decision btwn college and hs i go with high school though if we're talking primes right now. plus kobe and lebron are something else

td0tsfinest
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
WTF, dude get your **** straight. Nash played collegiate ball in NCAA and has never stepped in an oversea league.

But College is the way to go; even though you have guys like Lebron, Kobe, KG; majority of nba players have collegiate experience

16 out of the 26 2009 Allstars all went to college (4 were from overseas and 6 were from High School)