PDA

View Full Version : NBA Busts

Steelers12
03-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Which of these guys has been a bigger bust so far.

PF-Shelden Williams
PF-Sean May
SG-J.J. Reddick
SF-Adam Morrison

superkegger
03-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Seeing as morrison was the #3 pick, its got to be him. Though Shelden was taken 5th wasn't he. Hmm. Tough. They all have been very dissapointing.

kvrnm
03-04-2009, 07:26 PM
may has just been pathetic, redick i think still has some good things coming for him, morrison is just bad, he really seems to play with no confidence like he did in college. and i havnt got to see shelden play that much, but from the little i have seen and heard he appears to be a bust.

greatest2
03-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Kwame Brown

LTS
03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Adam Morrison

kswissdaf
03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
How is JJ a bust he was like picked 14th and is a good role player

still1ballin
03-04-2009, 07:39 PM
May, I haven't seen him play not one minute!

bchissie
In order friom biggest bust to least

1. Adam Morrison
2. Shelden Williams
3. Sean May
4. JJ Redick

jrodmesche
Darko Milicic

drama1386
03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Kwame Brown

:clap:

superkegger
03-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Kwame Brown

Darko Milicic

Do either of you actually read a thread before you post?

Everyone is quite aware of these two's shortcomings, which is probably why the OP wasn't asking about them.

greg_ory_2005
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I'd say Morrison, Shelden is close behind though.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM

PF-Shelden Williams
PF-Sean May
SG-J.J. Reddick
SF-Adam Morrison

how on earth can jj reddick be a bust when this is the first season he's actually getting playing time and even still its not a lot

greatest2
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Do either of you actually read a thread before you post?

Everyone is quite aware of these two's shortcomings, which is probably why the OP wasn't asking about them.

i know. but he sucks so bad, i couldnt help it lol.

Jonathan2323
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Sheldin Williams but he did marry Candice.

The Panch
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I'd say Willaims. Morrison may come to life in LA, but will not be worthy of #3 pick, Reddick is finally getting playing time and isn't playing that bad, and May is just getting injury after injury, so I can't judge if he is a bust or just injury prone yet.

superkegger
03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Sheldin Williams but he did marry Candice.

yeah. the thing with shelden, is the dude busts his ***, turns out, hes just not that good. one of those classic examples of college succes not translating to the NBA. He was a beast at Duke, buthe was a shocker where he was taken at 5, and he just wasn't warranted of that high of a pick, if a pick at all.

sguglie2
03-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Wasn't Redick taken 11th? Anyway to the point it has to be Morrison

HOZ THE KNICK
03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
morrison is a straight up bum.

rhymeratic
03-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Shelden Williams showed a lot of promise when he was given minutes. The dude flat out can rebound the ball down low. In theory if given minutes the guy can put up 12pts, 8reb-10rebs 1.5 blocks a game. Not worthy of a number 5 pick but definitely can be a nice role player on the right team. (Not really a bust, just drafted too high)

Adam Morrison to me is a bust, number 3 pick overall... when he played.. poor fg%, horrid defense etc. Just bad combination at SG/SF. He'd be lucky to turn into Matt Barnes or even Mike Dunleavy at this point. Shoot, he'd be lucky to become 10% of what Wally Szerbiak is now... :) (BUST)

JJ Reddick... eh... not a bust, just a shooter off the bench, that's what he is, plain and simple. He's not in the right system in the league.

Sean May is a bust for sure. That dude STOLE MONEY!!!

superkegger
03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Wasn't Redick taken 11th? Anyway to the point it has to be Morrison

Morrison taken 3rd in 06
Willians taken 5th in 06
Redick taken 11th in 06
May taken 13th in 05.

So yeah, Redick was taken 11th.

sguglie2
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
O I was just wondering because someone said he was taken 14th but I wasn't really curious enough to bother looking it up. thanks though

DerekRE_3
03-04-2009, 08:23 PM
yeah. the thing with shelden, is the dude busts his ***, turns out, hes just not that good. one of those classic examples of college succes not translating to the NBA. He was a beast at Duke, buthe was a shocker where he was taken at 5, and he just wasn't warranted of that high of a pick, if a pick at all.

Shelden just had the "bad" luck of being taken wayyyy to high by the Hawks.

timebandit
03-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Greg Oden!
Lil Wayne: “Greg Oden Is A Bust”
Greg Oden is a bust. He’s gotta show me something, man. I don’t get it. At what point in time was he dominant? I’ve never seen it. You’ve never seen it. Maybe NBA officials know something we don’t. That’s all I can figure. Maybe somebody on that staff has seen something we haven’t. But until he shows me something, I’m gonna declare him a bust. Damn shame, too.
Link http://dimemag.com/2008/11/lil-wayne-greg-oden-is-a-bust/

mrblisterdundee
03-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Sean May is easily the biggest bust in that group, considering he's too out of shape to play. He needs to take after Glen Davis a little more.

Finally, Adam Morrison is not a bust. Expectations were never high for him, and he's fitting in right where he was expected to be: the reserve squad.

mrblisterdundee
03-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Greg Oden!
Lil Wayne: ďGreg Oden Is A BustĒ
Greg Oden is a bust. Heís gotta show me something, man. I donít get it. At what point in time was he dominant? Iíve never seen it. Youíve never seen it. Maybe NBA officials know something we donít. Thatís all I can figure. Maybe somebody on that staff has seen something we havenít. But until he shows me something, Iím gonna declare him a bust. Damn shame, too.
Link http://dimemag.com/2008/11/lil-wayne-greg-oden-is-a-bust/

You shouldn't call Oden a bust because of his first season. Robert Parish had a crappy first season. Even after all his injuries, Oden leads all rookies in double doubles. He has had some impressive games. As he gets acclimated to the NBA, he'll have more impressive games. I see Oden eventually averaging about 10-12 points, 12-13 rebounds, and 3 blocked shots per game.

superkegger
03-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Sean May is easily the biggest bust in that group, considering he's too out of shape to play. He needs to take after Glen Davis a little more.

Finally, Adam Morrison is not a bust. Expectations were never high for him, and he's fitting in right where he was expected to be: the reserve squad.

Sean may was also, of the 4 drafted the latest. Of the players taken after him, only Granger (which is just one of those cases of a guy falling for injury reasons and blossoming, happens like every year), nate robinson, maxiell, lee and garcia have really panned out. So he's I don't think its that bad. Not a good pick, but when i think of bust, i think, man he was taken way too high, there were so many better options, which in this case, there really weren't

albertc86
03-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Stop picking on Kwame; it wasn't his fault he was drafted 1st. There was never any type of hype surrounding him to begin with. It was Jordan's fault that Kwame and Morrison were drafted so high.

DerekRE_3
03-04-2009, 11:34 PM

Actually the Bobcats drafted him with the assumption that he would become a go to scorer for us...yeah I know the idea sounds ********, but that's what MJ thought. And he's not even on the "reserve squad" he's a scrub. A reserve actually plays...Morrison doesn't, and for good reason.

You don't draft a guy #3 overall with the expectation that he will be a reserve.

superkegger
03-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Actually the Bobcats drafted him with the assumption that he would become a go to scorer for us...yeah I know the idea sounds ********, but that's what MJ thought. And he's not even on the "reserve squad" he's a scrub. A reserve actually plays...Morrison doesn't, and for good reason.

You don't draft a guy #3 overall with the expectation that he will be a reserve.

Apparently Michael Jordan does. :p

Ethix11
03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
I think Candace Parker can take Sheldon Williams in a 1 on 1.

zambo4president
03-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Sean May is just fat now.

homestarunner93
03-04-2009, 11:45 PM
1. Morrison
2. Hamburglar May
3. Williams
4. Reddick (not really a bust)

dee279
03-04-2009, 11:47 PM

PF-Shelden Williams
PF-Sean May
SG-J.J. Reddick
SF-Adam Morrison

I would say Adam because he dominated in College and really seemed as if he had the skills to translate to the NBA which out of the 3 really is the only 1 who had those skills, because Shelden is undersized, J.J is too and not very quick, cant really make for his own shot, and sean may was never really in shape

durtee
03-05-2009, 12:26 AM
In order friom biggest bust to least

1. Adam Morrison
2. Shelden Williams
3. Sean May
4. JJ Redick

I can agree with this. I would consider moving May to 2nd, but splitting hairs because their both busts. I tend to agree with everyone else on JJ, he really hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself, so I wouldn't really label him a bust as of yet.

GSW fan
03-05-2009, 12:53 AM
I think Candace Parker can take Sheldon Williams in a 1 on 1.

i bet that she can!

DerekRE_3
03-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Apparently Michael Jordan does. :p

Ugh...I hated that draft...I thought Roy was the best player in the draft before it even happened. I should be an advisor to MJ, apparently I know more than him.

asandhu23
03-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Greg Oden. he hasn't played like number two pick Kevin Durant

kntresistheheat
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM

:speechless: Are you crazy, The guy led the nation in scoring thats why he was picked so high...but as soon as I seen him cry I knew he was going to be soft in the nba:p

ggg
03-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Sean may. Thank god mitch had the insight to draft andrew.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I never expected any of those bums to do anything in league... Typical me being right.

They call me "The Big-Nastrodamus"

BearsStillSuck
03-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Luol Deng