PDA

View Full Version : Panthers decide to retain Bouwmeester

phxcyots22
03-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Jay Bouwmeester will remain with the Florida Panthers for the rest of the season.

There was ample speculation that Bouwmeester would be dealt by Wednesday's 3 p.m., but the Panthers elected to keep the pending unrestricted free agent for their playoff push.

Rotoworld

Though its clear form everywhere else, Rotoworld is now claiming this to be official that there was no trade made.

Retaining Bouwmeester will definatley help with the Panthers, now a 6th seed and only 1 point back of the 5th seed, playoff push. Retaining Bouwmeester also sends a strong message to both the players and fans that the Florida Panthers are seriously running hard into the playoffs.

Bouwmeester will have increased value if he has a decent playoff appearence. Though he is an UFA this off-season, it is still possible the Panthers trade him prior to free agency. Many teams will be looking for his services, so the Panthers may still be able to get some value for him during the offseason, or, if they are really luck, convince Bouwmeester to do a sign-and-trade.

So, what does everyone thing on this?

boilerguy2412
03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I dind't think he would get traded. There is just no way someone could give fair value. I heard the Canucks offered Bieksa, Raymond and a First for him and that still wasn't enough

fins08
03-04-2009, 08:46 PM
If that is not enough, then he wasn't going anywhere. I love the non-move because I wanna win now, not worry too much about later.

fins08
03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Melrose called us a big winner at the deadline! And Olli got traded to Calgary :shrug:

phxcyots22
03-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I like the idea to retain him. I know some say its too much of a blow to keep him for the sole purpose of a first round appearence, but its been so long, I think it is a huge benefit for the rest of the team going into next year to have seen the playoffs and be hungry for more. Florida always has a very impressive showing of home-town and sell-out support during the playoffs, I really think this organization needs the playoffs more then they do some new faces.

fins08
03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I like the idea to retain him. I know some say its too much of a blow to keep him for the sole purpose of a first round appearence, but its been so long, I think it is a huge benefit for the rest of the team going into next year to have seen the playoffs and be hungry for more. Florida always has a very impressive showing of home-town and sell-out support during the playoffs, I really think this organization needs the playoffs more then they do some new faces.

100% on the dot. You don't need live here to know that we are fair weather fans. Let's get fans excited. By keeping J Bo, we do this. And let's bring back the rats!

MilfHunter07
03-05-2009, 08:04 PM
we need to resign him. or trade his rights. he would be the biggest blow to the franchise if we dont resign him

fins08
03-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I hope we can, but can we do it?

MilfHunter07
03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
just have to wait and see

fins08
03-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Well, lets worry about this season first.

MilfHunter07
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
exactly, sort of like the saying if you build it they will come, if you win he will stay imo. dont bother going into the nhl forum because it is full of guys doubting j bo because they want him on THEIR team. its kind of funny actually

fins08
03-05-2009, 09:38 PM
oh, i wont even bother

MilfHunter07
03-05-2009, 09:42 PM
i think its kind of funny how people can convince themselves of things that arent true