PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals agree to terms on a two-year contract with Kurt Warner

TheRedMarauder
03-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Cardinals agreed to terms on a two-year contract with Kurt Warner, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Never a doubt. Terms aren't disclosed, but Warner is likely receive roughly $12 million-per-season, with uncertain guaranteed money in doubt. The move was necessary for Arizona, yet still a risk considering Warner's age. Warner plays with the top trio of wideouts in football and fits the system perfectly, so he should remain highly productive as long as he's healthy. Matt Leinart could become a trade candidate now.

rotoworld

krazytaz312
03-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Glad to see this finally over with. I am glad he stayed as he is the type of QB we need until we can establish a running game. Now management needs to work on getting Boldin happy since Kurt offered up salary to keep him, focus on Dansby and Dockett and then have a good draft. Pitt's McCoy might be the right pick for a running back, unless the Cards do some trading and move up in the draft.

davekrieg lives
03-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I cant stop smiling about freakin time, R.I.P. same ol' Cardinals....the house of cards that played in the superbowl is back

hornitosmonster
03-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I cant stop smiling about freakin time, R.I.P. same ol' Cardinals....the house of cards that played in the superbowl is back

Don't count on it...very hard to return to the super bowl. You can count on your chances being better with Warner back but you cannot count on being there...
Right now I would say the favorites for the Superbowl are the Patriots/Steelers and Giants/Cowboys...

You cannot count on 9-7 winning the Division this year. Your going to need at least 10 to 11 games...

chadillachembre
03-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Don't count on it...very hard to return to the super bowl. You can count on your chances being better with Warner back but you cannot count on being there...
Right now I would say the favorites for the Superbowl are the Patriots/Steelers and Giants/Cowboys...

You cannot count on 9-7 winning the Division this year. Your going to need at least 10 to 11 games...

I don't think the Cowboys will be a favorite to win or to the Super Bowl. They could be the dark horse to go but not a favorite. The way the last 2 seasons went I don't think any one will pick em. That could be something that works in the Cowboys favor. We all know athletes LOVE to be doubted and prove m wrong. I think Giants and Vikings will be the Super Bowl favorites. The Cardinals might get some love cuz they were in it last year. 9-7 could win the division if tiebreakers fall in our favor but on paper the Cardinals could win 12 games with their schedule. Can't we just start the season next month? please?

Katspinal1313
03-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Congrats guys. I was very happy to hear that he's back. The guy seems like a class act and your organization gave him a chance to resurect his career and the fans seemed to love him. Good luck next season.

TheRedMarauder
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Kurt Warner reiterated his pledge to give back $1 million a year as long as it goes towards reworking Anquan Boldin's contract.

It's a nice gesture, but Warner's offer will have little impact on the Boldin contract talks. The team will address Adrian Wilson and Karlos Dansby before getting to the wide receiver. Under contract for two more seasons, Boldin is still lacking leverage.

rotoworld