PDA

View Full Version : Billups' return to Detriot last night.

NYKnickFanatic
03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
I dont know if this is posted, sorry if it was, but did you see the reaction the crowd gave him?

It was amazing. I have never seen anything like that before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjjenm9eUww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YlHmJdnI6M (From a fans view)

what54!?
03-04-2009, 02:55 PM
well its clear detroit fans miss him.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-04-2009, 02:56 PM
They definitely miss him, it was pretty cool.

D_Rose1118
03-04-2009, 03:04 PM
how do you feel if you are Iverson

pd7631
03-04-2009, 03:10 PM

He got the same treatment from Philly fans last year, so I think he knows what Billups felt last night

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-04-2009, 03:10 PM

Well, I would feel kind of bad. But Iverson is the kind of guy who plays for himself more then anything on a given night, so I doubt it really affected him.

BenWin
03-04-2009, 03:31 PM
haha. once again. this was a horrible trade for the pistons. i mean, damn. big shot billups for a guy who is great, yes, but in no way fits the detroit system.

LayZbone
03-04-2009, 03:38 PM
haha. once again. this was a horrible trade for the pistons. i mean, damn. big shot billups for a guy who is great, yes, but in no way fits the detroit system.

clears them up some cap space, and room for Stuckey to take over. W/ Sheed and AI coming off the books, i predict Detroit making a play for Boozer or a guy like David Lee. NY can't afford to keep both Lee and Nate, and have all that space in 2010. Detroit will probably make him an offer that NY won't match. Then they have a great core to build upon.

GoatMilk
03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I like the ways the PA announcer announced him. I'm glad he announced him the Detroit way and not just say Chauncey Billiups like he's any old player.

i think its f'd up though that they are letting AI wear #1. That number should be off-limits until Chauncey retires so that they can retire it. Same with Stuckey and #3. I was disappointed to see that he was wearing #3 last season. #3 should also be off-limits until Ben retires so that he could get that number retired

Corey
03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
It's great that they have that much respect for the guy. He's a great player.

_Sn1P3r_
03-04-2009, 05:06 PM
He deserved that applause. I bet Piston fans miss him.

Chronz
03-04-2009, 05:11 PM
I was hoping for a reaction like this

unwantedplayer
03-04-2009, 05:13 PM
He deserved it. Billups is a hell of a player. I bet Dumars wishes that he never traded Billups for A.I. because that really screwed up their team.

ProdigyI
03-04-2009, 05:17 PM
he did a lot for the team. reaction granted.

check out my blog and suscribe. The next ones will be NBA-Centric

Yogi
03-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I think they miss him a lot.

cantstopthee
03-04-2009, 05:26 PM
i <3 billups

JackB
03-04-2009, 05:38 PM

As a Pistons fan I think the trade was brilliant on the part of Dumars. He knew the Pistons even with Billups didn't have enough to get it done AGAIN this year.As said before it was a trade for cap room He had to resign Billups last year for big money or lose him. He made the right choice.Billups and that contract were not part of the futue in Detroit. Getting Iverson wasn't meant to be an equal trade.Nor an improvement. I think most of us are in agreement Billups at this point of their careers is better then Iverson. It was meant to give Piston fans somebody that could put the ball in the basket . It was meant to fill a spot through the season with a good player and say so long at seasons end.And if they got lucky enough to win great. If not. Oh well. Mission accomplished. Any Pistons fan or anybody that isn't that thinks it was a move to make the team better is totally mistaken. I have been a Pistons fan for a long long time. I have seen them bad and I have seen them good. This happens to most teams. Look at the Celtics the Lakers and the Bulls. Time catches up to teams. The Spurs are soon to fall.
I'm not in the least bit upset about the way the season is going or the trade.Of course I want them to win.But after six straight loses either in the semiis or the finals I realized we need a change I am very excited about the future . Dumars is one of the best GM's in basketball. Maybe in sports. I trust him. He will do the right thing for this team. Will they be contenders next year? Maybe. Maybe not But it won't be long before we see them at the top of the league once again.

The Panch
03-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Well it's clear who Detroit fans really want on their team, sorry AI.

Wilson
03-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Awesome, he deserves it. It must suck for Detroit fans to have to move on without him, hopefully the team use the money they got from it wisely.