PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson: End of an Era

pd7631
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Great article on the evolution of Allen Iverson's career and how the more things change, the more they stay the same....

What more could the NBA have wanted out of him? Work hard and stay true to yourself. That's what Allen Iverson was all about. He always did "whatever it took to win," playing through pain to give his team a chance to win. Everything he did was always "for the good of his team." They needed him to carry them. People throw around these cliches and try to make him out to be the bad guy, but for his entire career, Allen Iverson played harder than anyone at a level higher than most. All while remaining a unique individual and inspiring others to do the same while being criticized every step of the way. He changes, and the one thing that doesn't is the blame that falls on his shoulders.

full article:
http://www.hoopsdaily.com/content/ai-end-era

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-04-2009, 03:01 PM
He had a great career, and there still is a few more years of it.

The only thing that would be missing is obviously a ring.

drama1386
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
he will get his ring before he retires.

RodmansBulls
03-04-2009, 03:17 PM
For him to win a ring, he's going to have to be a role player to a superstar type player, and not the other way around.

JordansBulls
03-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Great Player with Great Heart.

RodmansBulls
03-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Great Player with Great Heart.

But not a winner

colinskik
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
If he ever had a team with more than just role players, but excellent players willing to let AI be the center of the offense, I think he could've won a title.

scarletknight12
03-04-2009, 04:11 PM
But not a winner

I think that's an unfair assesment. He took a group of SCRUBS (tyrone hill, aaron mckie, eric snow) to the 01' finals and was defeated by one of the most dominating Lakers teams ever. He came up big so many times in big games you can't dismiss him as a winner

VPNeedAssistanc
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I think that's an unfair assesment. He took a group of SCRUBS (tyrone hill, aaron mckie, eric snow) to the 01' finals and was defeated by one of the most dominating Lakers teams ever. He came up big so many times in big games you can't dismiss him as a winner

put trade with him with kobe, and they could also do a back-back-back. The best teammate he ever had with an old declining Chris Webber. AI IS A WINNER

bigvdebo86
03-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Ai still got about 4 years left

Chronz
03-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Truly a great player, if only his fans would stop overrating him

JackB
03-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller and Carl Malone never won a ring. Until last year it was looking like Paul Pierce was going to added to that list. But we all know what happened to him. Iverson still could get one. Won't be this year and I'm a Pistons fan. I'm also very realistic.

RodmansBulls
03-05-2009, 12:14 PM

I guess thats fair to say, there are tons of good players that never won.

ggg
03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Very good player but never improved his game. Only difference, his endurance is not the same. Can score 30 a game below 45% if you let him be a ball hog but very unreliable against defensive teams.

Philly got into the finals in 01 because there was no other team in the east at the time.