PDA

View Full Version : Marion in a Raps uni from the start of this season....

Rapthug
03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
How good would we be? Assuming that the roster would have stayed healthy, especially Jose.

I'm not saying that we would be a top 3 team in the East but I would think that we would be 5-6.

Yes, we are still soft and not super deep but Marion's impact on the glass and scoring in the short time has been impressive. And if the roster would have had a full training camp with a decent coach who knows. I just don't think the record reflects the talent/potential.

the life
03-04-2009, 02:40 PM
as good as it gets

Frank Costanza
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
i think if we started the season wtih marion at the 3, bargs at the 5 and bosh at the 3 with jose and parker, new season with sam mitchell the whole way, i call the raps win 46-48 games and are in the 4-5 slot in the east fighting for home court with atl or det

Bricklayer
03-04-2009, 04:45 PM
^^We have been under 500 since he came here so I can't see any reason to think he would of made that type of impact.

King_melo
03-05-2009, 04:50 AM
I really don't see Marion coming back. Marion plays with a lot of heart but this team really hasn't responded to his hustle. I often see him running hard down the floor and Jose or anyone else just look him off when he has an opportunity for a lob or a pass up the court. Marion would obviously choose a team more uptempo then us because thats where he excels. While we claim we've become more uptempo, i beg do differ. You can't have a fastbreak team with a point guard that always hesitates to make the risky pass like calderon does. No knock on calderon because his a good pg who takes care of the ball but you need a point guard that pushes the ball like we had with TJ or a nash, or a paul.

the life
03-05-2009, 08:13 AM
^ Calderon is just reacting to what Sam made him do. And Sam did that because our Franchise player needs few second to set his position. How can you push the ball when nobody is running with you? Our problem is that the team tries too hard to build their offence around Bosh. They try too hard to please him. Do you remember last year how many time TJ found himself in a situation with no place to go because everybody just looked. He was running around or he was stopping and playing the pick and roll with Bosh. Don't blame everything on PG I believe the biggest problem is the fact that our franchise is a big man with no post game, no slashing skills, and no offensive rebounding. I am 100% that if Marion becomes the franchise Calderon will start pushing the ball.

Jacob K.
03-05-2009, 05:08 PM
who knows really. we would have a totoally different roster if we had traded for marion and not jermaine, becuase of the 5 million ish in salray difference. we would have traded different players ect...

IversonIsKrazy
03-05-2009, 07:40 PM
i still wouldnt rank us so high, but if we were all healthy, then i guess we would around 8th seed.

Big Game Son
03-05-2009, 08:20 PM
We would be better. I'm not going to go into details because I hate hypotheticals....but we would be better. JO never fit....I love him and great guy, but experiment = FAIL! lol! Honestly though I am expecting great things for next season and drafts are always good.

Also I am expecting that training camp with these guys (including Marion too) will help them out alot. We need depth and we need Parker coming off the bench at any of the 1-2-3. NOT a starter. Love him as well....sub-par top 5 guy.

huidogg
03-06-2009, 12:22 AM
How good would we be? Assuming that the roster would have stayed healthy, especially Jose.

I'm not saying that we would be a top 3 team in the East but I would think that we would be 5-6.

Yes, we are still soft and not super deep but Marion's impact on the glass and scoring in the short time has been impressive. And if the roster would have had a full training camp with a decent coach who knows. I just don't think the record reflects the talent/potential.

hahahahhaha, it is the 'what if' again.. hahahaha.. what if lebron james played for the raptors this season, i predict we will be first place.. no more 'what if' this, 'what if' that.. the reality is that this season was a complete disaster, we can proberly see it before the season started on how BC constructed our bench. Even if marion join us at the beginning of the season, it makes no difference. We have no bench, and it' pretty unrealistic if we assume everyone will be healthy for the entire season. Players will get hurt once in a while, and it is up to bench players to step up and fill in. Good team always have solid bench players to fill in for the starters. We have a amazingly weak bench, and our bench players, especially our backup bench big man cannot fill in for our starting big man when they get hurt. The problem for our team is not the starters, but our bench. And be totally honest with you, our starter is pretty talented, but we proberly has the worst bench in the nba. To be successful, every players whom is getting minutes need to produce, and i don't see alot of production from players like Jk, Jake, Roko, POB and Banks.

Rapthug
03-06-2009, 11:40 AM
hahahahhaha, it is the 'what if' again.. hahahaha.. what if lebron james played for the raptors this season, i predict we will be first place.. no more 'what if' this, 'what if' that.. the reality is that this season was a complete disaster, we can proberly see it before the season started on how BC constructed our bench. Even if marion join us at the beginning of the season, it makes no difference. We have no bench, and it' pretty unrealistic if we assume everyone will be healthy for the entire season. Players will get hurt once in a while, and it is up to bench players to step up and fill in. Good team always have solid bench players to fill in for the starters. We have a amazingly weak bench, and our bench players, especially our backup bench big man cannot fill in for our starting big man when they get hurt. The problem for our team is not the starters, but our bench. And be totally honest with you, our starter is pretty talented, but we proberly has the worst bench in the nba. To be successful, every players whom is getting minutes need to produce, and i don't see alot of production from players like Jk, Jake, Roko, POB and Banks.

Thanks for your brillant insight. I didn't know that this year was a disaster. Gee....LJ in Toronto isn't gonna happen? I'm pretty sure that everyone on here is aware of the Raps lack of depth.

My point is simply that this team, as is, is not as bad as their record reflects. Does the whole thing need to be blown up or just tweak some things?