PDA

View Full Version : Colangelo the Motivator...

JermanJaysFan
03-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Parker, and the rest of the Raptors, needed something, anything, to help turn things around and the veteran guard got some inspiration in a chance conversation with his boss.

"I talked to Bryan Colangelo," Parker recalled yesterday morning. "It was just after the New York loss in New York and he just gave me a pep talk. He was just talking about, obviously, the embarrassment we had in New York and how he thought we were better than that both me and the team. It was just kind of a challenge and something that, at least in the short term, I've kind of responded to."

Parker has indeed responded, averaging almost 19 points a game in the four games since. He scored a season-high 24 in each of the next two games, had 14 in Phoenix last Friday and 13 in Dallas on Sunday, not gaudy numbers but his best four-game stretch of the season.

And it arose out of the depths of the season for Parker.

"It was bad," he said of that post-Madison Square Garden defeat. "There's certainly been a lot of points you can point to in the season where it wasn't very good but, recently, that was a tough one to swallow."
http://www.thestar.com/article/596107

Interesting...AP has been doing good of late, aside from last night that is. The article also talks about his dicey future with the Raptors.

Frank Costanza
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
dont think its dicey i think an article like that shows how much repect there is btwn the two, APs Nba career was rejuvinated becasue of faith from the gm, i think whatever BC offers AP will take and whatever role is assigned hell work well within it, hes a character guy and has been one of the best peices in the post babcock era

blujaysrock
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Well they did get their ***** kicked, he had to do something.

jrob23
03-04-2009, 05:52 PM
lets hope he can motivate nash to come here and show calderon the exit

lorenz00
03-04-2009, 07:28 PM
lets hope he can motivate nash to come here and show calderon the exit

nash is too old but i would love to have nash as a raptor :)

the life
03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
raps need more than motivators to become a good team.

HoopsMachine
03-06-2009, 01:13 PM
nash is too old but i would love to have nash as a raptor :)

True he is getting older but he would be a huge upgrade for the offense. Even though his numbers have gone down this year, you can contribute that more to coach and style change of the team rather than age.

dtmagnet
03-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Who cares about his personal numbers he makes everyone around him better, but I also think Calderon when healthy does that very well too.

kantarok
03-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I dont care about him being a motivator. What he needs to do is do his job properly. He better start being a GM because if Bosh leaves I will always hate that man for ruining our last 2 seasons(including next if we are bad).

Big Game Son
03-07-2009, 03:36 AM
BC.....Acquire Stephen Jackson......get er done!

Dwest24
03-07-2009, 06:10 AM
APs Nba career was rejuvinated becasue of faith from the gm, i think whatever BC offers AP will take and whatever role is assigned hell work well within it, hes a character guy and has been one of the best peices in the post babcock era[/QUOTE]

Personally I am NOT a fan of AP. He uses the fade-away way too much. Dont get me wrong, when it goes in it looks nice but his inconsistency just doesnt cut it. I say we get rid of him and take his salary and put it towards a more consistent 2 or 3 guard.