PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Trade Deadline Round 1 Magic-Wizards

fins08
03-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Magic have homecourt advantage

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ROSTERS! THESE ARE NOT REAL TEAMS, SO PLEASE VOTE ON WHO WOULD WIN IN A 7 GAME SERIES!

Magic (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8260923&postcount=20)
Wizards (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8277840&postcount=29)

Thanks, and good luck. Poll closes at 8:00 PM EST

Magic

C-Tyson Chandler/Melvin Ely/Marcin Gortat
PF-Tim Duncan/Glen Davis/P.J. Brown
SF-Mike Dunleavy/Andres Nocioni/Walter Hermann
SG-Raja Bell/James Posey
PG-Chris Paul/Travis Diener/Mike Wilks

Wizards

Shaquille O'Neal - Jeff Foster - Michael Doleac
Antawn Jamison - Dominic McGuire - Rob Kurz
Ron Artest - Darius Songalia - Austin Croshere
Jamal Crawford - Derek Anderson - Javaris Crittenton
Gilbert Arenas - Juan Dixon

fins08
03-04-2009, 07:43 AM
1 Orlando Magic vs 8 Washington Wizards

Realistically, the Wiz would be very difficult to stop with the weapons they have across the starting lineup. But we feel our team has the personnel to limit production from their best players on the defensive side, and the offensive arsenal to give them a lot of trouble defensively.

Frontcourt: Tyson Chandler and Tim Duncan vs. Shaquille O'Neal and Antawn Jamison

Shaq is having a stellar season and is still virtually unguardable one on one down low, but if anyone can do it Duncan can. Jamal Crawford and Ron Artest are both known for having ugly shooting nights on a regular basis, so one of Dunleavy/Posey or Bell could come down to help Chandler/Duncan on O'Neal. Jamison, meanwhile is vastly underrated but wouldn't be hard to limit with two excellent frontcourt defenders in Chandler and Duncan as well as the 6'8 James Posey off the bench. Offensively, Tim Duncan is unstoppable come playoff time. He'll get 20 and 10 and likely more against anyone the Wizards care to throw at him. Chandler, though not an offensive stud, is deadly with Chris Paul on the pick and roll and would have little trouble getting his 8-10 points with Chris Paul feeding him the ball.

Edge: Magic

Small forward: Mike Dunleavy vs. Ron Artest

James Posey and Andres Nocioni will get as many minutes here as Dunleavy, if not more. Assuming it's Dunleavy Artest will defend, Mike's production will surely be limited in this series, but he's not a pivotal player for us by any means. Nor is this a pivotal match-up. Posey/Nocioni and Artest will duke it out when the two of them are on the floor, but Ron Ron will surely dominate Dunleavy.

Edge: Wizards

Backcourt: Chris Paul and Raja Bell vs. Gilbert Arenas and Jamal Crawford

This is the matchup where we feel the series is won. Gilbert Arenas and Jamal Crawford are both pure scorers, but they're both also very streaky. Paul and Bell are as consistent as it gets both by means of production and efficiency. Paul will split time with Posey on Arenas and Bell's primary role defensively will be on Jamal Crawford. I'll be the first to tell you, Bell's defense is overrated but he's still very solid and would have little trouble holding down a streaky Crawford over the course of a 7 game series. Arenas will be tough to prevent getting 20+, but Paul and Posey are both solid defenders and should be able to keep Arenas from going on one of his scoring explosions.

Offensively, Paul will ignite whoever defends him. Artest is the Wizards' only good perimeter defender but he's too slow to handle CP3 one on one, leaving Arenas and Crawford, two poor defenders, to handle the role. With no one to even come close to containg Paul, he'll have his way in this series and thus so will his teammates.

Edge: Magic

Magic bench vs. Wizards bench: This is no contest. James Posey, Andres Nocioni, and Glen Davis are the headliners of our bench and Jeff Foster is their only bench player worthy of a 2nd string position. When fatigue sets in on guys like Jamison, Artest, Crawford, and Arenas, the Washington bench doesn't have the personnel to adequately spell them.

We win the game on the defensive end, the offensive end, and on the glass. The Wizards have a ton of offensive talent, but very little playmaking to complement itself. All that said, the Magic win this in 5. Good luck to Dynasty and the Wizards.

Magic did a writeup

EX-TREME
03-04-2009, 08:30 AM
magic

michaellui11
03-04-2009, 08:59 AM
paul and chandler works very well and duncan is one of the best pfs in the league
but wizards have a very strong starting lineup
ill go for wizards, if they dont get injured LOL

D Roses Bulls
03-04-2009, 09:24 AM
magic would win, but who the hell would trade dwight howard? i dont care if its cp3, you dont trade him unless its for lebron and that maybe even a stretch a little bit. i said "maybe"

Tblaze
03-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Magic, Posey on the bench decides this one

Catfish1314
magic would win, but who the hell would trade dwight howard? i dont care if its cp3, you dont trade him unless its for lebron and that maybe even a stretch a little bit. i said "maybe"

That would be me. And believe me I didn't want to, but the team is better now than it was before the trade.

Dynasty
Here's my small writeup since I didn't do one.

Why you should vote for the Wizards:
-I know CP3 is hyped like crazy in the NBA but you have to remember about Arenas. Injuries do not count in this game. Overall this matchup is really close.
-Crawford is simply better than Bell.
-Artest locks down the poor Dunleavy.
-Duncan but Jamison but Jamison is a 20 and 9 player. Jamison is more athletic and will be able to blow past Duncan. I can also play Shaq on Duncan.
-Shaq is back and he's beasting in the NBA right now. Nobody can stop him.

-My players that are not known for defense will start defending. Usually when you are the #1 scoring option you don't have the stamina to play D, but now we have crazy offensive talent.
-Our Bench has experience and defense.
-We have 5 20+ PPG scorers.

See Ya.

greg_ory_2005
03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Magic.

bidi_nash
03-04-2009, 12:00 PM
magic but its decentley close

Catfish1314
03-04-2009, 12:05 PM
magic but its decentley close

I don't see how. The Magic have two top 5 players and Shaq is the only Wizards player you could make a case for being in the top 15.

DocUSN
03-04-2009, 01:36 PM

He had Tim Duncan, best PF ever, and got CP3 (best pg in the league) Tyson Chandler and Posey for Howard.

Dynasty
03-04-2009, 01:57 PM
What a blow out. Oh well. I was expecting more balance.

Catfish1314
03-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Not really. I was expecting more votes.

Manos
03-04-2009, 02:08 PM
wiz

mavwar53
03-04-2009, 02:09 PM
too many guys that want the ball on the wiz wouldn't work

hotpotato1092
03-04-2009, 02:11 PM

He basically dealt Jameer, Rashard, Hedo and Dwight for CP3, Duncan, Dunleavy, Bell, Chandler and Posey, I'd take the 2nd part of that any day.

Catfish1314
03-04-2009, 02:12 PM
too many guys that want the ball on the wiz wouldn't work

Thank you.

Dynasty
03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Not really. I was expecting more votes.

Listen, I'll accept defeat, but you can't come on saying you're that much better than me. Your team has no answer for our offensive skills, no matter how many guys in my team want the ball. You can't judge how players will play together until they are actually playing together. My starting 5 is better than yours.

If and when you win this series, you win because of your bench, not because you're that much better than me.

You have no landslide victories over me at ANY position, from PG to C.

Dynasty
03-04-2009, 02:23 PM
6 of the Magic votes have come from people who GM'd this mock, and they're just continuing the hype you got from the power rankings and from Hotpotato, who posted every 2 seconds.

Catfish1314
03-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Listen, I'll accept defeat, but you can't come on saying you're that much better than me. Your team has no answer for our offensive skills, no matter how many guys in my team want the ball. You can't judge how players will play together until they are actually playing together. My starting 5 is better than yours.

If and when you win this series, you win because of your bench, not because you're that much better than me.

You have no landslide victories over me at ANY position, from PG to C.

My "not really" was in reference to your claim that this is a blowout. Have you seen some of the other polls? This is definitely not a blowout.

Your team looks great on paper but there's no way that would work in real life. Artest puts himself in the same stratosphere as LeBron, and Arenas and Shaq have huge egos too. Everyone on your starting lineup will want 15+ shots a game. Arenas is me-first, Crawford is me-first, Artest and Shaq care about winning but they're still me-first. And to top it all off, your team has no true playmaker. Not in the starting lineup or on the bench. Without a playmaker, there is no fluidity.

Crawford, Artest, and Arenas have very ugly shooting nights on a regular basis and two of the three are bona-fide chuckers. That offense simply wouldn't work. So I don't have to worry about "having no answer" for your team's offensive skills because it doesn't have fluidity. And don't even get me started on that defense.

Your team would be virtually impossible to stop...if it had a true PG/distributor. And don't call Gilbert Arenas either because he's not.

Sportfan
03-04-2009, 02:31 PM
IMO the wiz got screwed with the whole record and injuries thing. they were the 4th or 5th best team in the east. wiz are underrated but magic win this

Dynasty
03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
My "not really" was in reference to your claim that this is a blowout. Have you seen some of the other polls? This is definitely not a blowout.

Your team looks great on paper but there's no way that would work in real life. Artest puts himself in the same stratosphere as LeBron, and Arenas and Shaq have huge egos too. Everyone on your starting lineup will want 15+ shots a game. Arenas is me-first, Crawford is me-first, Artest and Shaq care about winning but they're still me-first. And to top it all off, your team has no true playmaker. Not in the starting lineup or on the bench. Without a playmaker, there is no fluidity.

Crawford, Artest, and Arenas have very ugly shooting nights on a regular basis and two of the three are bona-fide chuckers. That offense simply wouldn't work. So I don't have to worry about "having no answer" for your team's offensive skills because it doesn't have fluidity. And don't even get me started on that defense.

Your team would be virtually impossible to stop...if it had a true PG/distributor. And don't call Gilbert Arenas either because he's not.

Say Gilbert is off. We have Shaq, Jamison, Crawford, Artest to score.

Say Crawford is off, we have Gilbert, Shaq, Jamison, Artest to score.

Chances everyone is off? I don't think so.

How do you know Arenas will be a me-first with these other four players in this team? Crawford (former KNICK??)? That is just misjudging.

Who needs a playmaker when you beat your opponent at most positions? Shaq can post up with ease, Jamison can isolate and rebound, Crawford can isolate and shoot, Arenas does some of everything, Artest will melt Dunleavy. Sure a playmaker is important, but it is more important when you have lame players in your team that need to be set up to score. That's not the case for the Wizards.

Catfish1314
03-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Say Gilbert is off. We have Shaq, Jamison, Crawford, Artest to score.

Say Crawford is off, we have Gilbert, Shaq, Jamison, Artest to score.

Chances everyone is off? I don't think so.

How do you know Arenas will be a me-first with these other four players in this team? Crawford (former KNICK??)? That is just misjudging.

Who needs a playmaker when you beat your opponent at most positions? Shaq can post up with ease, Jamison can isolate and rebound, Crawford can isolate and shoot, Arenas does some of everything, Artest will melt Dunleavy. Sure a playmaker is important, but it is more important when you have lame players in your team that need to be set up to score. That's not the case for the Wizards.

Jamal Crawford was a chucker in New York. He's a chucker in Golden State. Gilbert Arenas is a great scorer when he's hot but he's as streaky as it gets. Artest, though underrated by most, VASTLY overrates himself. He, too, can be a chucker.

Paul will ignite Arenas, a poor defender. Paul's steals overrate his defense, but he's still solid and with Bell, Posey, Nocioni, Duncan, and Chandler on the team, this defense is a THOUSAND TIMES better than what your team is packing. Posey, Bell, and Nocioni constantly switching off on guys like Arenas and Crawford will heavily impact their rhythm even if they are hot.

You said Shaq can post up with ease. You do realize we have the best post defender in the NBA in Tim Duncan (who dominates the Suns [mostly Shaq]offensively every time he plays) and one of the better help defenders coming over in Tyson Chandler?

Even if your team's offense did work (and it likely wouldn't), its defense is absolutely horrible.

DocUSN
03-04-2009, 03:03 PM
The Wiz are a fantasy roster of egos that won't mesh well together how you put it, those many guys wanting the ball the last thing in the world you want is a trigger happy PG.

True Championship teams have one or two mega stars and role players. The magic are built well, and imo have a huge advantage over the Wizards. Best PF ever. Best Pg in the game. Role players off the bench. And a defensive stud of a center that still gets to benift from CP# and Duncan double teams.

Dynasty
03-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Jamal Crawford was a chucker in New York. He's a chucker in Golden State. Gilbert Arenas is a great scorer when he's hot but he's as streaky as it gets. Artest, though underrated by most, VASTLY overrates himself. He, too, can be a chucker.

Paul will ignite Arenas, a poor defender. Paul's steals overrate his defense, but he's still solid and with Bell, Posey, Nocioni, Duncan, and Chandler on the team, this defense is a THOUSAND TIMES better than what your team is packing. Posey, Bell, and Nocioni constantly switching off on guys like Arenas and Crawford will heavily impact their rhythm even if they are hot.

You said Shaq can post up with ease. You do realize we have the best post defender in the NBA in Tim Duncan (who dominates the Suns [mostly Shaq]offensively every time he plays) and one of the better help defenders coming over in Tyson Chandler?

Even if your team's offense did work (and it likely wouldn't), its defense is absolutely horrible.

I disagree with everything you say. Crawford was a chucker because he was the #1 option in NY. Now he's #5. Now he's in Golden State, a fast paced team, that is not his game. Wizards are not running fast pace.

Gilbert is streaky because he's the only one shooting in the Wizards. Now he has a better squad and will shoot when it's necessary. Usually you don't notice the "streakiness" in a player when they don't take most of the shots. Am I right or wrong?

Again, Artest has always been a chucker because he had the wrong role. Artest is not the #1 type scoring option. He's not the #1 scoring option here.

Paul will ignite Arenas but Arenas will also score on Paul. I hope we have no forgotten about Arenas' scoring talent.

You can have the best post up defender in the all-time NBA list. If he's not 7-2 and 310+ pounds, he can't defend Shaq.

By the way it just shocks me how much you are defending your team when you have such a huge lead. Why are you try to put my team down so much at this rate? If I were in your shoes, I would just be like "whatever" and look onto the next matchup. IT just makes you waste your time and makes me feel like I did a horrible job when you say you should be blowing us out.

Bad sportsmanship there.

juggla53
03-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Magic all day, the deffensive frontcourt of duncan and chandler would be swatting shots and grabbing boards all day and CP3 is one of the top 5 players in the game today.

Dynasty
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
The Wiz are a fantasy roster of egos that won't mesh well together how you put it, those many guys wanting the ball the last thing in the world you want is a trigger happy PG.

True Championship teams have one or two mega stars and role players. The magic are built well, and imo have a huge advantage over the Wizards. Best PF ever. Best Pg in the game. Role players off the bench. And a defensive stud of a center that still gets to benift from CP# and Duncan double teams.

by you a few days ago:

Look we've all been down this road, I've tried the chemistry, defense charecter thing, but you know what, voters don't give a ****.

Your avrge voter won''t even read your write up, they look at the rosters, see big names and click, look a the teams that win these things, teams that have players with big names, thats why everyone is in love with the lakers. they won't take long enough to think TP will be limited in the triangle system. The'll see Tony Parker, Kbe Bryant two former Finals MVP's and ladies and gentlemen there is your trophy.

so which one is it?

DocUSN
03-04-2009, 03:19 PM
by you a few days ago:

so which one is it?

Stupid quote button.

That was in refrence to building a team, you have to go after big names to get voters eyse to pop, and he beat you at that too, You don't have a name to compete with Cp3, not to mention Cp3 and Duncan.

So pick one either or, he beat yuou both ways. :p

KnicksorBust
03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Get out the broom. Phenomenal team Catfish.

celticfan
03-04-2009, 03:55 PM

when you get posey a sixth man and chandler a very capable center who has played with paul, it isnt a bad deal. Plus they have duncan

hotpotato1092
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Looks like we're one round away from a clash of the titans Cavs-Magic showdown. Of course we both have tough opponents to get through in round two first, but if we meet the Magic in the ECF it should be a great series.

clehmun
03-04-2009, 05:08 PM
magic built the perfect team. i'll be disappointed if they didnt win it all.

Catfish1314
03-04-2009, 05:25 PM
I disagree with everything you say. Crawford was a chucker because he was the #1 option in NY. Now he's #5. Now he's in Golden State, a fast paced team, that is not his game. Wizards are not running fast pace.

Crawford has been a chucker everywhere he's ever played. I know because I'm a Bulls fan. He's shooting 40 percent for his career.

Gilbert is streaky because he's the only one shooting in the Wizards. Now he has a better squad and will shoot when it's necessary. Usually you don't notice the "streakiness" in a player when they don't take most of the shots. Am I right or wrong?

So Antawn Jamison, DeShawn Stevenson, and Caron Butler never shoot? Have you ever taken the time to skim over one of Gilbert Arenas's blogs? The guy has an ego bigger than a truckload of Shaq's shoes. He seems to care enough about winning but his shot selection has been questionable for years.

Again, Artest has always been a chucker because he had the wrong role. Artest is not the #1 type scoring option. He's not the #1 scoring option here.

That doesn't even make sense. Artest wasn't the No. 1 scoring option on the Pacers, yet he had poor shot selection there. His offensive game is constantly improving but his shot selection has always been questionable, regardless of his role.

Paul will ignite Arenas but Arenas will also score on Paul. I hope we have no forgotten about Arenas' scoring talent.

Nor have we forgotten his inconsistency and that wonderful shot selection.

By the way it just shocks me how much you are defending your team when you have such a huge lead. Why are you try to put my team down so much at this rate? If I were in your shoes, I would just be like "whatever" and look onto the next matchup. IT just makes you waste your time and makes me feel like I did a horrible job when you say you should be blowing us out.

Bad sportsmanship there.

I didn't have a huge lead when I left this afternoon. To me, this is the best team I've ever built and I'm extremely biased toward it.

And you have no reason to feel like you did a horrible job. I won't lie, I do think I should be blowing your team out. But that has more to do with my tea than yours. But you took a Wizards team that was in real life (this is a Mock Trade Deadline for people who don't know) 10-40 and got them into the playoffs. You have a Mock Championship to your name. You don't do horrible jobs and have no reason to feel that way. If I implied that I think you did a horrible job or made you think that, I sincerely apologize.

6 of the Magic votes have come from people who GM'd this mock, and they're just continuing the hype you got from the power rankings and from Hotpotato, who posted every 2 seconds.

Had it not been for this post, I would have dropped it. But I do apologize.

hotpotato1092
03-04-2009, 07:41 PM

I'm ****ing sick of everyone dragging me into their arguments. Guess what Dynasty, THE MAGIC ARE BETTER THEN THE WIZARDS. There is no way around that, there was nothing you could do to win this match up. Why does it matter how often I post when CATFISH AND RR BUILT A BETTER TEAM THEN YOU. They don't need to be hyped this is an incredible team, maybe the best in the mock. You told Catfish to stop arguing for his team because he had such a big lead, so why are you arguing so much when you've already lost? Seriously what a hypocrite. I don't care about your arguments but don't drag me into them, seriously this is like the third time this week that that's happened. I HAVE HAD NO EFFECT ON ANY TEAM OTHER THEN MY OWN, I repeat, I HAVE HAD NO EFFECT ON ANY TEAM OTHER THEN MY OWN. Just because I chose to post in the lounge doesn't mean I changed the outcome of this series dynasty, your team was simply worse.

fins08
03-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Well, Cavs have a tough one vs. the Hawks and Magic play the 76ers. If you both emerge we will see.