PDA

View Full Version : Luther Head choses Miami.

fairandbalanced
03-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Luther Head will sign with the Heat once he clears waivers on Wednesday morning, according to his agent.

The guard was courted by Dallas, New Jersey, Charlotte, Milwaukee and San Antonio, but picked Miami in hopes of more playing time.

I don't think he's that good. But upgrade over quin

superkegger
03-04-2009, 02:06 AM
Well, it can't hurt miami really. He's a decent shooter, and it never hurts to have another shooter around Wade.

Chronz
03-04-2009, 02:08 AM
They already have Chalmers and Cook, whats the point of all this redundancy

DenButsu
03-04-2009, 02:11 AM

Keeping him off the roster of potential postseason competitors? Injury insurance? :shrug:

superkegger
03-04-2009, 02:19 AM

Keeping him off the roster of potential postseason competitors? Injury insurance? :shrug:

Maybe they feel their backups to chalmers are not getting the job done...and yeah, why let him go to the nets or elsewhere if it helps them. IDK, maybe pat riley has always liked him.

Jonathan2323
03-04-2009, 02:23 AM
we are getting head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kohaku
03-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Wade won't have to do it himself now.

Jonathan2323
03-04-2009, 02:26 AM

if you had Chris Quinn as your back up PG you would understand.

Big Zo
03-04-2009, 02:31 AM

Seriously...

richardle9
03-04-2009, 02:32 AM
luther is really inconsistent, some games you would love him and other games you would want to release him

superkegger
03-04-2009, 02:36 AM
luther is really inconsistent, some games you would love him and other games you would want to release him

Apparently the Rox felt that way, as they not only released him, but bought him out and signed James White.

Jonathan2323
03-04-2009, 02:42 AM
Apparently the Rox felt that way, as they not only released him, but bought him out and signed James White.

from what i read they were very guard heavy. so they released him, i dont know why because he is a good shooter and still young.

WhatWould23Do
03-04-2009, 02:45 AM
he isnt clutch tho...he had 2 shots at winning that game for UofI and clanked them both

superkegger
03-04-2009, 02:46 AM
from what i read they were very guard heavy. so they released him, i dont know why because he is a good shooter and still young.

James White is a guard if I'm not mistaken. Though maybe he's a SF.

Chronz
03-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Maybe they feel their backups to chalmers are not getting the job done...and yeah, why let him go to the nets or elsewhere if it helps them. IDK, maybe pat riley has always liked him.

Oh yea that does ring a bell, Miami was going to draft him had Houston not taken him, there was talk of Head and Wade making one of the most athletic backcourts in the NBA, man predraft workouts can be really misleading. Head was rated as a top notch athlete but his in game athletic ability was severely lacking. Who knows maybe he tears it up later.

richardle9
03-04-2009, 02:50 AM
luther is a good shooter, but a bad ballhandler and play maker, he often takes bad shots and dumb decisions

Chronz
03-04-2009, 02:50 AM
If youve seen Head handle the PG role you would as well. Id rather have Quinn as my backup PG than Head honestly. Quinn gets a bad rap just because he looks like a kid.

Jonathan2323
03-04-2009, 02:51 AM
luther is a good shooter, but a bad ballhandler and play maker, he often takes bad shots and dumb decisions

i guess he has to use his head more often.

superkegger
03-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Maybe it's just one of those Pat Riley man crushes, and he had the opportunity to sign him. :shrug:

I mean at this point, it can't really hurt anything can it. Plus, I just remembered, they did lost a guard when they traded marcus banks away. Not that banks contributed a whole lot, but still.

Jonathan2323
03-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Oh yea that does ring a bell, Miami was going to draft him had Houston not taken him, there was talk of Head and Wade making one of the most athletic backcourts in the NBA, man predraft workouts can be really misleading. Head was rated as a top notch athlete but his in game athletic ability was severely lacking. Who knows maybe he tears it up later.

i have seen some nasty dunks by him.

Grifftiggs
03-04-2009, 02:54 AM
we are getting head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha. Best quote ever!

Chronz
03-04-2009, 03:02 AM
i have seen some nasty dunks by him.

Doubtful hes only had 1 poster in his career and it was against the Lakers and literally everyone was surprised by it the bench was laughing their ***** off. He lacks the elusive dribbles or quick first step to get to the rim, its why all he does is shoot 3pters, but when hes on hes dead on. You'll see soon enough

superkegger
03-04-2009, 03:13 AM
It's funny, because when those 3 (Deron, head and brown) all came out of Illinois, I thought Head would be the best player. Shows what I know. :laugh2:

lakerboy
03-04-2009, 04:41 AM
Heat gets Head! YIPEE