PDA

View Full Version : Im predicting the Bobcats take the 8th seed in the east

Fordy
03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I was holding out hope my Knicks would take it but that seems a longshot at the moment. Nets, Bulls, and Bucks have good shots at it but im predicting that Charlotte is going to grab it. I disliked Larry Browns performance in NY as the Knicks coach but I have to give him some credit for the way he has the Bobcats playing. They are on a roll, Diaw is playing amazing ball filling up the stat sheet every night. Okafor, Wallace, and Felton form a nice nucleus. Radmanovic, Augustin, and Diop are contributing off the bench..So who do you think will grab the 8th spot? Do my Knicks have a shot?

Kakaroach
03-03-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm going with the Nets. Devin Harris and Vinsanity are playing great and they'll make it if Yi steps up his game.

superkegger
03-03-2009, 09:51 PM
It's as big of a toss up right now as anything. I think all those teams from 7 to like 11 can all make the playoffs, and none of them making it or missing it would really surprise me.

greatest2
03-03-2009, 09:52 PM
that 8th seed is such a tossup. but i think you cant count the bulls out. they are so inconsistent, and as they are losing now, it just seems more apparent that they will not have a solid team til next year. I think the bobcats are good guess cuz i dont really see the nets taking it.

DerekRE_3
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Well the Bobcats won 3 straight on the road, and are about to make it 4 straight wins overall. They are up 17 against the Bulls with about 6 minutes left.

greatest2
03-03-2009, 10:06 PM
as a matter fact, i am guranteeing the bulls wont make it...this really sad for bulls fans

SammyG942
03-03-2009, 10:12 PM
knicks

dre1990
03-03-2009, 10:14 PM
I say Bobcats

homestarunner93
03-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Normally I wouldn't want my team making the playoffs without a legitimate shot at winning it all, but if the Bobcats can make the playoffs, its a 'moral victory.' (Even though I hate that term).

yuns554
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
idk bout the bobcats though their bench is weak besides augustin

DerekRE_3
03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
idk bout the bobcats though their bench is weak besides augustin

Vlad has been a pretty good addition. Also, Diop played very well tonight. Cartier Martin has been a pleasant surprise. Their bench isn't that bad anymore.

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I would have said this, if G-Wall never got hurt and missed all those games.

I got the Bulls for 8th seed.

TruBlu2376
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Bobcats, if they can stay healthy the rest of the way

bostncelts34
03-03-2009, 11:11 PM
All i know, is if charlotte grabs the 8th seed. I hope boston doesnt get the first haha. Charlotte ALWAYS gives us tough games.

op12
03-03-2009, 11:17 PM
All i know, is if charlotte grabs the 8th seed. I hope boston doesnt get the first haha. Charlotte ALWAYS gives us tough games.

agreed im a fan of both, but i still think the celtics would take them in a series. the cats are looking better and im gald even though i dont like brown. i could see them taking the 8 seed, all they need is a solid starting C and maybe a scoring sg to go with felton and they might start competing in the east.

homestarunner93
03-03-2009, 11:42 PM

I think we could steal a game, maybe two, from you guys. No way we'd win the series though.

bostncelts34
03-04-2009, 12:13 AM
I think we could steal a game, maybe two, from you guys. No way we'd win the series though.

still dont want to see your bobcats. haha they always play us like they are the best in the league or something. Obviously, id take the 1st seed and HCA and play the bobcats, but im just saying that they definitly give us a tough time.

AirJordanXVIII
03-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Honestly. Any team in the east could be the 8th seed right now :laugh2:

oldenpolynice
03-04-2009, 03:09 AM
I'm going with either the Pacers or the Nets. Troy Murphy and Devin Harris are killing it right now.

JayW_1023
03-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Nice prediction. They look much better with the Diaw trade...Diaw is a guy who likes to handle the ball which fits really well on a team whose guards (namely Felton and Augustin) are more of the scoring kind. Meanwhile Bell is a prototypical Brown player...tough minded, defensively oriented and never asks questions.

Larry Brown demands alot out of this young roster so I figured it would take some harsh growing pains. He has gotten rid of defensive liabilities like J-Rich, Carroll and Morrison, which made it more flexible to preach his defense first 'play the right way' mantra.

I really like Gerald Wallace's competitiveness as well...you can argue if he belongs in the top 5 small forwards...but he plays harder than most perimeter guys in the league...and coming back from these major injuries, he has shown alot of heart.

I think the 'Cats are bound for a run...since they are still sorta under the radar, they can catch alot of people by suprise and snag that 8th seed before the noses of hyped up hopefuls such as Chicago and New York.

DerekRE_3
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Raja Bell is a freaking beast. Yesterday before the bulls game he could barely lift his shooting arm above his head. He rested it all day before the game, and during warmups he tried to give it a go. He found out that he could lift his arm enough to shoot the ball so he started the game. In the first half he was 7-9 and had 18 points. The 2nd half his arm was acting up again and he couldn't raise it above his head so the rest of the game he acted as a decoy and was there just to defend Ben Gordon. What a bad ***.

mrblisterdundee
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I think New Jersey is going to take the 8th seed. Brook Lopez is turning into one of the best centers in the league. Vince Carter is still one of the top shooting guards. Finally, Devin Harris is one of the best players in the game. They have a pretty solid core playing right now.

29$JerZ
03-04-2009, 12:59 PM
If Knicks don't make the playoffs I'l be happy if my Cats can get into the playoffs. Want to see how G-Force does:)

RodmansBulls
03-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I would have said this, if G-Wall never got hurt and missed all those games.

I got the Bulls for 8th seed.

You guys justed got owned by the Bobcats, i have to say the Nets.