PDA

View Full Version : joe smith to cavs

prodigy
03-03-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/03/joe_smith_agrees_to_terms_with.html

sorry laker fans...

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Gooden is probably better than him, but at least they got a Power forward instead of some other teams who got nothing.

superkegger
03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh well, getting Bynum back will be better than smith or gooden.

greatest2
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
yesss....go cavs, beat the lakers!!!! i guess this means gooden to spurs

Kakaroach
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Gooden is younger and better than Smith, but he was very good for the Cavs during last year's playoffs. Maybe he can do the same this year.

prodigy
03-03-2009, 09:29 PM
gooden is better, but here are the reasons cavs did not want him.

1. He's hurt

2. He would demand alot of playing time.

3. On the bench in close games.

4. started the lebron vs stevenson crap.

MTone8788
03-03-2009, 09:32 PM
gooden is better, but here are the reasons cavs did not want him.

1. He's hurt

2. He would demand alot of playing time.

3. On the bench in close games.

4. Started the lebron vs stevenson crap.

Not only is Stevenson, but the whole Wizards team is insignificant so that shouldn't even matter haha

JabberJaw
03-03-2009, 09:45 PM
yesss....go cavs, beat the lakers!!!! i guess this means gooden to spurs

The only way that you can get a chance to beat the Lakers is if you get to the finals, and Joe Smith doesn't vault the Cavs any higher than they already were. Lakers have already proven that they can beat the Cavs at home or away, with or without Bynum. Smith won't change that. I'm glad we didn't get him to be honest. He wants a guarantee that he won't be just a 2 or 3 month hire. Once Bynum is back, he will get zero minutes.
On the other hand though, i'm glad you got him because you need some real bigs to deal with Orlando and the Celtics. I like the Cavs, and would love a Cavs/Lakers final. Good luck to ya...

cwilson21
"Sorry laker fans". Yup Joe Smith is what is standing between them and a championship.

unwantedplayer
I guess it is a good pick-up since he already knows the plays. He should help the team in Defense and scoring.

cmstophe
03-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Gooden is probably better than him, but at least they got a Power forward instead of some other teams who got nothing.

Gooden is crap, Cavs already had to put up with his boneheaded plays one time.

S.J.Basketball
03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Smith is an okay pick up.

Kyle N.
03-03-2009, 10:26 PM
"Sorry laker fans". Yup Joe Smith is what is standing between them and a championship.

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing. The Cavs pretty much locked up a championship by getting Smith. The Lakers should start rebuilding right now. :)

cmstophe
03-03-2009, 10:35 PM
:laugh: I was thinking the same thing. The Cavs pretty much locked up a championship by getting Smith. The Lakers should start rebuilding right now. :)

I think he's referring to the fact that the Lakers wanted Smith too, they said today. You guys are short sighted. ;)

Kyle N.
03-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I think he's referring to the fact that the Lakers wanted Smith too, they said today. You guys are short sighted. ;)

I know what he meant, but it's not like it's going to matter that much anyway whether they got him or not. I'm sure Lakers fans aren't shooting themselves in the foot right now.

JabberJaw
03-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I know what he meant, but it's not like it's going to matter that much anyway whether they got him or not. I'm sure Lakers fans aren't shooting themselves in the foot right now.

ha ha...We're not shooting ourselves at all. If anything, the Lakers wanted to pick him up for some "big man insurance" but he might not be any better than Josh Powell. We're good, trust me. For the Cavs though they NEEDED him, because they just lost Wallace and have no real big men besides Big Z. Varajao is ok, but they have nobody coming off the bench that is a real big man. So, its a good pickup for the Cavs. I also like him better than Gooden.

Teeboy1487
03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Wow, the cavs are unbeatable now :rolleyes:. Why should the cavs worry about the lakers when they still got to go through boston. The lakers should be the last thing on their mind. I'm mad the spurs got gooden. Darn the queens :mad:.

thedudebabcock
03-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah but having Ben Wallace and Varejeo plus Smith's scoring off the bench mixed with a healthy Z, West, and Mo...unbeatable. Bynum is good, but he needs to play an entire season before I buy in. So far it appears he has the Zydrunas Ilgauskas syndrome missing at least part of the first 3 or 4 seasons.

thedudebabcock
03-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Gooden wil definitely help the Spurs. He is the type of player who will fit right into Popavich's system.

cmstophe
03-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Wow, the cavs are unbeatable now :rolleyes:. Why should the cavs worry about the lakers when they still got to go through boston. The lakers should be the last thing on their mind. I'm mad the spurs got gooden. Darn the queens :mad:.

As of now, Boston has to go through Cleveland.

still1ballin
03-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Never wanted him to begin with. Good luck with the Cavs!

still1ballin
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
As of now, Boston has to go through Cleveland.

You got it twisted. Boston are reigning champions. Like Ric Flair said, "To be the man, you've got to beat the man." Boston is still the "that" team and if Cavs want to be it, then they have to go through the C's.

thedudebabcock
03-03-2009, 11:02 PM
I guess we all forget that the Cavs have at one point or another been without Z and Wallace earlier in the season. Yet they still have managed a 47-12 record. Not to mention Lebron is 6-8 250, not anything to look down on as size goes in the paint. He pulls down 7.3 boards a game. Smith does average around 5 boards a game, but JJ Hickson is bigger than Wallace is and could easily manage some of those boards given more minutes. He averages 2.9 reb, 4.5 pts a game in 12 minutes a game while Smith plays 8 more minutes a game yet only averages 2 more rebounds and 2 points. Numbers that could be easily attained by the exciting Hickson.

thedudebabcock
03-03-2009, 11:03 PM
And by the way the Lakers fans shoot themselves every year they say they can win with out Shaq attack

LeBrowns
03-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Gooden is more talented then Smith, but better? I'm not so sure. Gooden gets lost multiple times during games, and I would want Smith in over Gooden in playoff time.

cmstophe
03-03-2009, 11:52 PM
You got it twisted. Boston are reigning champions. Like Ric Flair said, "To be the man, you've got to beat the man." Boston is still the "that" team and if Cavs want to be it, then they have to go through the C's.

If you say so. Cavs look like the better team right now, and the standings show that, but if you believe in formalities...okay, yeah, I agree.

IndiansFan337
03-03-2009, 11:52 PM

They are different players. And Gooden is not 100% healthy. When 100% healthy though, there is no doubt about what you said. Also, Gooden being added to the Spurs will no difference unless they can get Duncan & Ginobili healthy. If those two can't play big minutes in the postseason, the role players will not matter.

ARMIN12NBA
03-03-2009, 11:56 PM
ZOMG, the Lakers are done by not getting Joe Smith. :rolleyes:

JordansBulls
03-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Good pickup.

ARMIN12NBA
03-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Truthfully, I would rather get Head.

JayW_1023
03-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Truthfully, I would rather get Head.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Who wouldn't?

prodigy
03-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Not only is Stevenson, but the whole Wizards team is insignificant so that shouldn't even matter haha

true but gooden still turned his back on his team by doing that. shows you can't make jokes about anything without him running and telling his mommy.

prodigy
03-04-2009, 09:16 AM

right now cavs have home court. so boston needs to go threw cleveland.

Yogi
03-04-2009, 09:16 AM
That's why they're out there making millions, while you're just sitting at home typing about them on a lame forum.

JordansBulls
03-04-2009, 11:33 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Who wouldn't?

:pity: