PDA

View Full Version : Ouside of the blazers.

Hellcrooner
03-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Wich other young core seems to you like could develop into a ring winner franchise?

Oke we all know portland is Loaded (overloaded for their succes in the long term due to chemistry issues , IMO).

But appart from them ?

Kings: Martin, Thompson, Hawes, Greene.

Thunder: Durant, Westbrook, Green.

Grizz, Mayo, COnley, Gasol, Gay, Arthur....

Hawks: Smith, williams, Horford.....

superkegger
03-03-2009, 08:59 PM
you pretty much named them.

However I doubt any of them, but the Blazers will win an NBA championship.

Missing56&33
03-03-2009, 09:06 PM
??????hard to say, the hawks are obviously the closes to a championship with the way they played the celts. I say the hawks are one piece away. If they keep there same team (which i dont see happening) add Bosh, they could win the title. But i see JJ leaving he and MW dont get along, and I though JC leaving hurt them

LanceUpperCut
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
None.Teams don't stay together long enough anymore to turn into a contender,not without adding a good FA ,our drafting a superstar and other than maybe Durant is the only superstar I see there.

akesh99
03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
??????hard to say, the hawks are obviously the closes to a championship with the way they played the celts. I say the hawks are one piece away. If they keep there same team (which i dont see happening) add Bosh, they could win the title. But i see JJ leaving he and MW dont get along, and I though JC leaving hurt them

To say that the Hawks would be closest by adding Bosh is irrelevant. Bosh is an allstar. There are tons of teams out there who would be close to winning a title if they added him.

Kakaroach
03-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Only Hawks. They need a low-post presence badly. Adding Bosh or Stoudemaire would help and put them over the top.

unwantedplayer
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
The Thunder seem to have the best chance. Westbrook has already began to develop into a superb player. Durant has already proven that he is great player and Green is developing nicely. It will be hard to stop that young core that the Thunder have.

Wrigheyes4MVP
03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I hope the Kings add Blake Griffin to that core.

luckynumber_752
03-05-2009, 03:26 AM
Wich other young core seems to you like could develop into a ring winner franchise?

Oke we all know portland is Loaded (overloaded for their succes in the long term due to chemistry issues , IMO).
But appart from them ?

Kings: Martin, Thompson, Hawes, Greene.

Thunder: Durant, Westbrook, Green.

Grizz, Mayo, COnley, Gasol, Gay, Arthur....

Hawks: Smith, williams, Horford.....

I don't know if I understood that right. You think that the Blazers will have chemistry issues in the long run? I have no idea where u would get that idea from. They're the 2nd youngest in the NBA(THE youngest if u take away the non-existant Reaf L.), and they're freaking money now. Y do you think they will have chemistry issues when they have no chemistry issues now, and their young guys r developing so nicely and humble? That makes absolutely no sense to me? Am I missing something, or did I misunderstand u? :confused::confused::confused:

GoatMilk
03-05-2009, 03:32 AM
I don't know if I understood that right. You think that the Blazers will have chemistry issues in the long run? I have no idea where u would get that idea from. They're the 2nd youngest in the NBA(THE youngest if u take away the non-existant Reaf L.), and they're freaking money now. Y do you think they will have chemistry issues when they have no chemistry issues now, and their young guys r developing so nicely and humble? That makes absolutely no sense to me? Am I missing something, or did I misunderstand u? :confused::confused::confused:

well at some point, these dude's are gonna wanna get paid.
They're gonna give huge extensions to Roy and Aldridge. Then when others get ready for FA, they're gonna want to be paid big amounts. Thats the trouble with having such a young team, they're gonna demand big money when the time comes. how can they afford all those guys? young players dont want to take pay cuts

jnb58
03-05-2009, 03:34 AM
He thinks Rudy and Sergio should be starting someplace. He is hoping for chemistry issues. The Blazer forum is full of his complaints.

I think it will be the Thunder... but the Grizz can be really good.

abe_froman
03-05-2009, 03:34 AM

because that sort of thing happens when players get more recognized then other,dont get the touches they want,when not all will get paid.not saying will but can

take the bulls they were talked about much the same way,using the same(though less successful)model that portland is using now about '05(though i never bought in personally),many did.and after a couple years they imploded

montazingmvp
03-05-2009, 05:35 AM
curious as to why you left the warriors young core out...

monta ellis 23
andris biedrins 22
anthony randolph 19
azubuike 24
brandan wright 20

valade16
03-05-2009, 06:47 AM
The only thing you guys are missing is the part in the NBA rulebook where it states that a team can go over the salary cap threshold to resign players on their team. Basically, it doesn't matter if they all cost 100 Mil a season, if the Owner wants to pay that much for the team he already has, he can. And fortunately for us, that Owner is Paul Allen, a guy whose already fielded the highest paid team in the league previously, and is unafraid to do it again. Sorry, but those premonitions of horrible chemistry and all the team leaving for more money is delusional fantasies on your parts.

we could resign every single one of our players to max deals if we wanted, that's the beauty of it! And if god forbid, one of them does complain about touches, we can trade him! It's not like losing 1 of our 8 talented young guys is going to make the difference between great and sucking anyway!

GregOden#1
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
well at some point, these dude's are gonna wanna get paid.
They're gonna give huge extensions to Roy and Aldridge. Then when others get ready for FA, they're gonna want to be paid big amounts. Thats the trouble with having such a young team, they're gonna demand big money when the time comes. how can they afford all those guys? young players dont want to take pay cuts

:laugh:

Hellcrooner
03-05-2009, 12:04 PM
The problem is that theyhave like 8 dudes that could be getting 20 points a game, and all the media recognisition and endorsements that this kind of scoring does get you at least Rudy, Roy, Webster, Aldrige and Oden could become all stars but it wont happen if they are the third option on the team or worst on the bench.

On the long run there will be problem, there already is some problem with Roy and Rudy, watch any game, Roy has teh ball rudy is open and other player has someone on him, he either shoots or pass to the covered man. Rudy didnt Ask Roy to help him in Dunk Contest even if he was there, it means something....

Anyone remember Calderon and Tj Ford?

Bulls were similar some years ago and they imploded.

Im going with the Grizz, Mayo is Crazy, COnley can be very good and Marc....well look at him two days ago he beat his brother and yesterday he did almost a triple double 20 points ( with only 8 shoots) 8 rebounds and 10 assists Add Griffin to that core.

( Im counting on Gay to walk away next year, )