PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Pistons vs Orlando Magic in a 7 Game Series

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Let's say this was going to be the playoff series in the 1st round. Who do you guys think will win?

I'm going to go say Detroit, They have the Magic's number. They won twice, one game without Rip and another without Iverson (not sure if it's something to brag). However, their just too physical with the Magic. Not to mention the Magic live and die by the 3. Dwight completely struggles against Sheed and Maxiell, because they are just as strong and skilled as him.

I say Detroit and I say in 6 games.

still1ballin
03-03-2009, 01:50 AM
Magic in 5

NYKnickFanatic
03-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Pistons minus Iverson, I would take the Pistons.

But with Iverson, Im going to have to go with the Magic.

lavell12
03-03-2009, 02:05 AM
Billups was the reason that the Pistons were able to dominate the Magic the last few postseasons, so I have to take the Magic. I don't put much into regular season games when it comes to playoff matchups.

$KnicksAndKobe$
03-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Magic in 7, would be a great series and depends on how Iverson and Sheed/Maxiel do.

kvrnm
03-03-2009, 02:19 AM
pistons would fare better in this series without ai

superkegger
03-03-2009, 02:41 AM
i don't really have a ton of confidence in the way the Pistons are playing, even with their 2 game streak without AI, over a 7 game series, I just have a hard time seeing them pull it out, especially with no homecourt.

mrblisterdundee
03-03-2009, 02:51 AM
You shouldn't be asking who will win. You should just ask how long it will take Orlando to crush the Pistons.

hotpotato1092
03-03-2009, 02:56 AM
Orlando in four even without Jameer, with Jameer Orlando in a game and a half.

EX-TREME
03-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Let's say this was going to be the playoff series in the 1st round. Who do you guys think will win?

I'm going to go say Detroit, They have the Magic's number. They won twice, one game without Rip and another without Iverson (not sure if it's something to brag). However, their just too physical with the Magic. Not to mention the Magic live and die by the 3. Dwight completely struggles against Sheed and Maxiell, because they are just as strong and skilled as him.

I say Detroit and I say in 6 games.

i think detriot might win in 7 games. detriot have our number. sheed intimidates howard and rip is killing us with his screens. detriot always have tricks to slow down our offense and play their pace which is killing us

SteveNash
03-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Billups was the reason that the Pistons were able to dominate the Magic the last few postseasons, so I have to take the Magic. I don't put much into regular season games when it comes to playoff matchups.

Billups got injured in game 3, they won games 4 and 5 with Stuckey.

With Stuckey starting they beat the Magic twice this year.

Magic don't have a chance in a 7 game series because they won't be able to hit their three pointers and they have no reliable scorers.

JordansBulls
03-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Well the last 2 years they met in the playoffs and Detroit won in 4 and then in 5 games. However Detroit did have the better record and higher seed along with HCA in those series.

In this case, Orlando would have the better record and higher seed along with the HCA and should win. But I agree they gotta get over the hump of beating Detroit.

ajj22
03-03-2009, 02:08 PM
i am a little scared of playing detroit in the playoffs, and i'm pretty sure its destined to happen. they somehow always have our number, and have beaten us with and without chauncey. i actually agree that the magic have a better chance if AI plays. i, however, disagree with the earlier statement that maxiell and rasheed are as "strong and talented" as dwight. he does struggle against them, but i'm still pretty sure he's got a little something on them. anyways, come playoff time, i'd take the magic with home court advantage, but at this point, its certainly not a lock.

JordansBulls
03-03-2009, 02:55 PM
i am a little scared of playing detroit in the playoffs, and i'm pretty sure its destined to happen. they somehow always have our number, and have beaten us with and without chauncey. i actually agree that the magic have a better chance if AI plays. i, however, disagree with the earlier statement that maxiell and rasheed are as "strong and talented" as dwight. he does struggle against them, but i'm still pretty sure he's got a little something on them. anyways, come playoff time, i'd take the magic with home court advantage, but at this point, its certainly not a lock.

Just don't lose game 1 at home. When teams lose game 1 at home it is much harder to win a series.

VCaintdead17
03-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Magic in six

durtee
03-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Pistons in 6. The Magic are the only team toward the top of the East that I am confident the Pistons can beat in a 7 game series. They match up great with the Magic and as the OP said, they have had their number. With or without AI, I would still take the Pistons in 6.

RealistRocket34
03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
You shouldn't be asking who will win. You should just ask how long it will take Orlando to crush the Pistons.
ROFL, are you kidding me?

Magic haven't even won a game against the Pistons this year, this is one of the worst years for the Detroit Pistons.

And yeah the Magic will crush the Pistons? Because they have a history of doing that right? :rolleyes:

Orlando in four even without Jameer, with Jameer Orlando in a game and a half.
That is crazy....In four games. You are smoking some hard stuff my friend. Unless you think Dwight Howard will all of a sudden become like Yao Ming in his offensive game. Magic have no chance at sweeping the series. I don't really care if you think the Magic will win the series, but winning 4 is just dumb.