PDA

View Full Version : Our Bench (Statistically)

_Sn1P3r_
03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Take a look at this. Raptors' bench are the second worst, in the league. In front of only the Clippers. And frankly, I am not surprised.

BC, you got some work to do this offseason. And, also the players individually.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/09/7/diffeff/1-1

td0tsfinest
03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
its no suprise at all man. I think are starters are pretty solid but are bench is way too inconsistent(JK and Joey), unexperience (Roko) or just not good enough to have a major impact off the bench (everybody else).

Seems like BC keeps sacrificing bench depth (Rasho, TJ, Moon, those 2 first round) to get big names.

BC has alot of work to do this offseason

Bob_at_york
03-02-2009, 09:49 PM
BC said in the offseason that he wanted to cut back on our depth and therefore our rotation and he did.

huidogg
03-02-2009, 11:59 PM
I said a million times before and I will say it again, I already said our bench was the biggest weakness to our team, and no one believes me. Now you guys finally realize how bad our bench is..

Bob_at_york
03-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Do you ever say anything other than "I told you so"? I am curious because it is getting old. Do you see a lot of other guys doing the same? Do you see me doing the same?

mjt20mik
03-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Do you ever say anything other than "I told you so"? I am curious because it is getting old. Do you see a lot of other guys doing the same? Do you see me doing the same?

Agreed. BC was going for a high risk high reward type of move this summer. Well we got the high risk of it. But yeah, I think our bench scoring was like the highest (or top) of the league in the past years, and this year its at it's bottom. I think BC knows what he needs to do and I'm sure he'll do it.

The Wise 1
03-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I said a million times before and I will say it again, I already said our bench was the biggest weakness to our team, and no one believes me. Now you guys finally realize how bad our bench is..

Haha I was going to say the exact same thing. He acts/thinks that hes the only one that said something.

I think the problem is that Jose was always coming off the bench and was able to keep the offense running smoothly and was able to get people open looks. The whole offense was based around Jose and a screen. With Ukic and Solomon back there, there was a whole lot of nothing. Expecting Kapono and Graham to create offense isnt going to be pretty. I think it all comes down to the pg's. IMO, if you had a Ukic or a Solomon back there for the past 2 years the bench would of been bad also.

Bob_at_york
03-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Haha I was going to say the exact same thing. He acts/thinks that hes the only one that said something.

I think the problem is that Jose was always coming off the bench and was able to keep the offense running smoothly and was able to get people open looks. The whole offense was based around Jose and a screen. With Ukic and Solomon back there, there was a whole lot of nothing. Expecting Kapono and Graham to create offense isnt going to be pretty. I think it all comes down to the pg's. IMO, if you had a Ukic or a Solomon back there for the past 2 years the bench would of been bad also.

It is more than that. Rasho was a good back-up who quietly did his job. Delfino got a lot of stuff done. He brought energy and could handle the ball if we started to run. In the offseason, I remember a lot of us not lamenting the bench too much because a lot us assumed MLSE would go over the luxury cap for Delfino and other bench players. But they didn't.

kanersen
03-03-2009, 07:34 PM
our bench sucks, didnt need to see statistical analysis to confirm that for myself
i would have figured it was in the bottom 5 of the league on my own
you know when your most consistant performer off the bench is Joey Graham you need help

ChongInc.
03-03-2009, 08:19 PM

agreed
i good point man off the bench makes all the difference, and jose makes everyone around him into a quality player if they can hit open shots
i think roko will take a step forward next year (hopefully)

and by the way... bargs is the ****n man

lorenz00
03-03-2009, 08:43 PM
come on bc u gotta work your magic..... trade banks,Humpries, kapono or graham (sign and tradE?) get some good back ups... sign delfino back

Let go of voskul

let O bryant improve as good back up center and point guard back up roko ukic

C.Bargani/ Obryant
Pf.Bosh/ Via Trade energetic Guy
Sf.marion/ slasher good d guy via trade? / Delfino
Sg.good stating Sg/ Back up parker / Delfino?
PG.Calderon/ Ukic

Problem is solve! do your magic BC!

SammyJ
03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
BC said in the offseason that he wanted to cut back on our depth and therefore our rotation and he did.

I think it was Smitch who wanted short rotation, BC got along with it cuz of restricted growth in Bargs

HoopsDrive
03-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Wow, I'm surprised we're actually in front of any other team regarding our bench. Daaaaamn....

huidogg
03-04-2009, 12:22 AM

I am saying these is because I was bashed badly on critiqizing the team and on saying that this team will not be a good team before the season started. It truly funny how people who bashed me before the season started actually agree with me now and finally realize the many faults on our team. My advice is don't bashed someone' ideas when a game has not even been played yet. The reality is our bench have many holes in it, and you fans should have already seen it before the season started. It' been a downgrade from last year, and it' nothing more than ignorance for some of the fans who said our bench was stronger than last year and we have no problem with our bench. All i am saying bob is that it' unfair to poster whom are bashed for comments that proves to be the reality.

Bob_at_york
03-04-2009, 01:01 AM
I am saying these is because I was bashed badly on critiqizing the team and on saying that this team will not be a good team before the season started. It truly funny how people who bashed me before the season started actually agree with me now and finally realize the many faults on our team.
I know all this, you have told us this a few times now. I also was critical of certain aspects of the team before the season started. But you don't see me beating people over the head with it.

Master P
03-04-2009, 01:13 AM
i dont think their bench was much better in previous years (save jose of course), their was just more of them. at no point have the raptors had a 'great' bench player. i dont care how crap your 9-13 man are, it's all about the top 8 guys.

I agree that AP should be coming off the bench. I like his offensive game as he comes off screens and knocks down shots. However, he's so tired from defending a guy better than him that he doesn't look for his offense as much, and he's frankly too tired to be consistently productive.