PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane vs. LeBron: The experts have their say

Master Mind
03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Three respected former NBA coaches -- Jack Ramsay, Mike Fratello and Jeff Van Gundy -- recently offered their thoughts about how they would choose between Wade and James if they still were on the sidelines.

Each was presented with a variety of coaching scenarios and then asked to make a Wade-or-James choice.

Scenario: Your team is down two, inbounding from midcourt, with five seconds to play. Which player would be your preference to get the ball, Wade or James?

Ramsay: Wade. "He creates better than LeBron. I would rate LeBron as stronger, but not as inventive as Dwyane."

Fratello: Wade. "He is more likely to be able to thread and weave his way through the defenses, and his ability to finish or find an open teammate."

Van Gundy: Wade. "He has a better pull-up game, and that is what you're going to get at that point."

Scenario: Your team is down three, inbounding from midcourt, with five seconds to play. Which player would be your preference to get the ball, Wade or James?

Ramsay: Wade. "He doesn't have more range. LeBron can shoot it from halfcourt, but Dwyane's mechanics are better."

Fratello: James. "His percentage is higher and his size makes it easier for him to get the shot off."

Van Gundy: James. "Because of more size to get one off."

Scenario: You could have Wade or James at the line with no time left and your team down two. Which would be your choice?

Ramsay: Wade. "No question. From my observations, I think he makes a higher percentage of clutch, end-of-the-game shots."

Fratello: Wade. "I've seen Dwyane make more in those situations than I have LeBron."

Van Gundy: Even. "I feel the same on both of them."

Scenario: Your team is down two, with no timeouts left, having to go the length of the court with 10 seconds to play after the opposition makes a free throw. Which player would be your preference to get the ball, Wade or James?

Ramsay: James. "LeBron is a runaway locomotive. With his size, nobody can stop him."

Fratello: Wade. "Dwyane, with the ball in his hands, can cover more ground more quickly than LeBron."

Van Gundy: Wade. "He's a better pull-up shooter."

Scenario: Your team needs a steal, blocked shot, or a defensive stop with other team in possession in the final seconds. Which player would you prefer to have on the court, James or Wade?

Ramsay: Even. "Off the ball, I would take LeBron, as a great shot-blocker who has more elevation. Defending the ball, I think Wade is better."

Fratello: James. "He anticipates passing lanes so well, his size, his shot-blocking ability. He's chased down so many shots this year."

Van Gundy: Even. "I would have a high confidence in both right there. I think James is more consistent defensively. I think Wade has as good a one-possession ability defensively as anybody."

Scenario: Your team is down 14 with six minutes to go. You try to get one last rally from your players. Which player would you choose to insert, Wade or James?

Ramsay: Equal. "They're both great. Either of them can do that and has done that."

Fratello: James. "Because it evens it out at 3-3 (laughter). He has Reggie Miller-type runs, like the 16 points he scored in the first three minutes of the third quarter against Milwaukee."

Van Gundy: James. "Right now, I think his ability to get to the rim and his ability to create for his teammates. Of course, he's playing with better teammates right now."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-wadelebron030109,0,1773168.story?page=2

With the same scenarios posed to you, choose between Wade-or-James?

EX-TREME
03-02-2009, 12:39 PM
1.wade
2.wade
3.wade
4.james
5.james
6.even.

wade-3
james-2

AND THE WINNER IS...... WADE WITH 3 POINTS

CONGRATULATION WADE

carter15
03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
wade has a better jumper so obviously the 1 shot situation with only about 5 seconds left will obviously be wades advantage....doesnt rly say much tho since everyone knew that.

mrblisterdundee
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
There is no contest. LeBron is better than Wade. He can lead a team by himself to the finals, which Wade cannot do. Wade can score and distribute just as well as "The King," but Lebron does it all. How many triple doubles has anybody seen Wade get?

albertc86
03-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I'vr always maintained that Wade is the more skilled basketball player. He does it with craftiness and finesse. LeBron makes it look easy because of his size and strength. At any rate, Wade would be my pick.

albertc86
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
There is no contest. LeBron is better than Wade. He can lead a team by himself to the finals, which Wade cannot do. Wade can score and distribute just as well as "The King," but Lebron does it all. How many triple doubles has anybody seen Wade get?

Dude, Wade has a ring! He didn't have a healthy Shaq. Not to mention, Shaq was in foul trouble most of that year they won. Wade carried the Heat over the Mavs.

LanceUpperCut
03-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Who would you rather have on your team?
Ramsay:Lebron
Fratello:Lebron
Van Gundy:Lebron

Wade_County
03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
There is no contest. LeBron is better than Wade. He can lead a team by himself to the finals, which Wade cannot do.

Im not tring to get into a whos better war. However yea lebron beat the pistons. However WADE took over in the finals, but i guess that doesnt count?

I dont know why people cant just admitt that Kobe, Lebron and Wade are all on the same level. IMO I think that Kobe is still the best player in the league, but Wade and Lebron are 2nd and 3rd.

Kenny
03-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I'vr always maintained that Wade is the more skilled basketball player. He does it with craftiness and finesse. LeBron makes it look easy because of his size and strength. At any rate, Wade would be my pick.

your lost, I havent seen anyone more physically gifted then Lebron

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Who would you rather have on your team?
Ramsay:Lebron
Fratello:Lebron
Van Gundy:Lebron

Exactly.

Jonathan2323
03-02-2009, 01:22 PM

how easy people forget how Wade took over in the finals. the greatest performance ever in the finals in the history of NBA.

Brooke
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Wade is the one with the ring. What he did against the Mavs was unreal

madiaz3
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
your lost, I havent seen anyone more physically gifted then Lebron

you're proving his point, he's more physically gifted but wade is def. more skilled

METS4LIFE1988
03-02-2009, 01:30 PM
how easy people forget how Wade took over in the finals. the greatest performance ever in the finals in the history of NBA.

Homer.

Wade_County
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
the greatest performance ever in the finals in the history of NBA.

Homer.

actually it was ESPN that said it was the greatest performance ever, not really a homer pick, just the truth.

JayW_1023
03-02-2009, 01:37 PM
actually it was ESPN that said it was the greatest performance ever, not really a homer pick, just the truth.

LOL...what the media says MUST be true right :rolleyes:

WadeCounty
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM
1. wade
2. wade
3. wade
4. I wanna say wade but he has a tendency to fumble the ball with few seconds left when he has to run all the way upcourt.. so lebron on this one
5. wade no question about that
6. wade, recent example: heat vs knicks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvtJjc89R58&feature=channel_page

wade= 5
lebron= 1

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Ill take Lebron in the regular season. But when the defenses get tougher in the playoffs, Ill take Wade. He will have more success than Lebron when the competition gets tougher

WadeCounty
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM

well there was a page that has all of the finals EFC percentages n wades that year far exceeded anybody elses

what54!?
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
There is no contest. LeBron is better than Wade. He can lead a team by himself to the finals, which Wade cannot do. Wade can score and distribute just as well as "The King," but Lebron does it all. How many triple doubles has anybody seen Wade get?And they got swept by the spurs where as wade pretty much single handely demolished the mavs. Listen wade has better mechanical skills than lebron but in terms of raw pontential and talent, lebron is better. I would probably take lebron too but you can't go wrong with D.Wade.

uchiha
03-02-2009, 01:49 PM
There is an extreme bias against Wade on these boards and I really don't know why... but as somebody who watches him play every single game, I have no trouble saying that he is right there with LeBron and Kobe and is far more important to the Heat than any of those guys are to their team.

artest_kobe
03-02-2009, 02:00 PM
ok first off, dwyane wade is no where in the category of kobe and lebron, and there is no way lebron is in the same category of kobe... dwyane wade needs to get rid of that band-aid and lebron needs to learn how to play basketball, he is a freak of nature, not a talented basketball player, that is evident against houston a few days ago where he shot 7 of 21 from the field, 1 rebound, and no assists because of DR. RON ARTEST, the greatest defender of all time, not to mention a pretty damn good rapper

what54!?
03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
ok first off, dwyane wade is no where in the category of kobe and lebron, and there is no way lebron is in the same category of kobe... dwyane wade needs to get rid of that band-aid and lebron needs to learn how to play basketball, he is a freak of nature, not a talented basketball player, that is evident against houston a few days ago where he shot 7 of 21 from the field, 1 rebound, and no assists because of DR. RON ARTEST, the greatest defender of all time, not to mention a pretty damn good rapper
that has to be the greatest homer talk I've ever seen

Wade_County
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM

yeah i guess the numbers lie :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

Hustla23
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Wade is more clutch and a better scorer but Lebron is the better overall player no question.

kntresistheheat
03-02-2009, 02:21 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

Hey, How come lebron is not there?:laugh::laugh2::laugh:

DreamShaker
03-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I dunno Wade has a better jumper and so I trust his J more at crunch time...but Lebron has this insane ability to impose his will on games and deflate the other teams morale more than anyone I have seen since MJ...but he too often falls in love with his iffy jumper....

IRUAM #21
03-02-2009, 03:13 PM

Possibly the dumbest post Ive ever seen.

Master Mind
03-02-2009, 03:17 PM

:laugh2::laugh: Thanks for the laugh guy :eyebrow:

Hustla23
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM

He makes him sound like a superhero :laugh:

LMAO.

This post totally made my morning.

kntresistheheat
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
QUOTE=artest_kobe;8585906]ok first off, dwyane wade is no where in the category of kobe and lebron, and there is no way lebron is in the same category of kobe... dwyane wade needs to get rid of that band-aid and lebron needs to learn how to play basketball, he is a freak of nature, not a talented basketball player, that is evident against houston a few days ago where he shot 7 of 21 from the field, 1 rebound, and no assists because of DR. RON ARTEST, the greatest defender of all time, not to mention a pretty damn good rapper[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

b_rad23
03-02-2009, 04:00 PM
1. Wade
2. Wade
3. Wade
4. Lebron
5. Wade
6. Wade

I probably just have a better feel for what Wade can do. I also know Wade gets more blocks and steals. He's won 3 or 4 games this year strictly on clutch blocks. The 3 point one could definitely go either way. I think normally, Lebron is the better option but when Wade is on in crunch time it's pretty automatic.

GoatMilk
03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I hate Wade and like LeBron, however I'd take Wade over Bron right now :/
the jump shot has sold me on Wade this season

RodmansBulls
03-02-2009, 04:14 PM
This is just like that stupid Cp3 vs D-Will debate and the Kobe vs Lebron. There all great players. But D-Wade is just a smaller lebron with a better jumper and more creative offensively.How could d wade be seperated from Lebron, by a huge margin. Kobe is way better than Lebron, there's no contested. Dude can do it all, and if any one say's Lebron is up there with Kobe, there fools.

1.Kobe

2.lebron
3.D-Wade

Knowledge
03-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I think Lebron, Kobe, and Wade are all even at this point. The main reason people would take Lebron to build around at this point is because he is younger, but if you take age out of the question then its a toss up. Wade doesnt get the credit he deserves because of where his team is at right now, but he is every bit as dominant as Kobe and Lebron to me.

Actually in my biased opinion Chris Paul is up their too. He makes that Hornets team go. He controls the entire game and if isnt playing/doing well I think they would be in the lotto.

Hustla23
03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Lebron James has the highest efficiency rating in the NBA.

Enough said?

:sigh:

opaloco chicho
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-cool-smileys-961.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/)
WADE PRACTICALLY TOOK A TEAM FILLED WITH OLD TIMERS. to win it all vs a team they were major underdogs to and also down 0-2 to start the series.!
shaq was already passed his prime. .WADE FINALS MVP.
AND HE BEAT UR "KING" IN THE ALL SKILLS CHALLENGE 2 YEARS IN A ROW...

WADE FOR MVP!

M.V.P!
M.V.P!
M.V.P!

opaloco chicho
03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
LEBRON DIDNT DO MUCH TILL THEY BROUGHT IN "gibson/ben wallace at the time/varejao/scerbiak who has always been a good shooter/l. hughes.and now this year MO williams..

he had a supporting cast when he reached the finals...and even then they got swept...

iam not saying lebron sucks. but wad eIMO would be my pick to build a team around...

chicagowhitesox
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
lebron by a wide margin. he's the hardest player to stop in the game.

ddaughtry
03-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I would pick D Wade in all those situations. I know I am in the minority with this, but I think D Wade is better than LeBron and I have been saying it ever since he single handedly beat the Mavs in the finals. LeBron is just the NBA's love child. D Wade has a better jumper, the same ability to get to the rack as LeBron James, and I personally don't think either one of them are that great on defense since most of their defensive stats are a result of gambling. Great defense players play good one on one defense and take the challenge of defending the best player on the other team(depending on their position of course) night in and night out as Kobe does.

opaloco chicho
03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
d -wade .! m.v.p! m.v.p! m.v.p.!

Hustla23
03-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Lebron
Wade
Kobe
Paul

in that order IMO

nipo10847
03-02-2009, 05:48 PM
No more talk plzzzzzzzz......just put Lebron in garbage miami team....they will be again 15-67......and yes i know Lebron's greatness that he took cavs to the final.....but could he win???....it's winning and ring that counts,,,,and what D Wade did in the finals is undoubtedly the best in the history of in the league, moreover i doubt we will see that type of extra..extra...and extraordinary performance again...oh,,yes if we hope to see that again, that will def. b from the Flash....my bad!,,just to remind u guys, did u see the olympics? If so who was the MVP??...that's all i meant,,,,ring and performance on the ryt time, ryt place are counted,,,,,,so no more LBJ post here....take rest....dnt waste time...bcz that will never make him better than the """"FLASH"""

Hoopsadvocate
03-02-2009, 05:54 PM

Say no more. u = joke

nipo10847
03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I told u guys no more talk here plzzzzzzzzzzz....read my post and get off the blog....u will get the ans....xcuse me!...this blog is not about kobe.....read the topic and than make comments...dnt b like a kid...mum, i need the ballon, i need the ballon @ nite!!!

Kenny
03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
as impossible as I thought it would be Lebron might actually be underrated on this site with all the Laker and Heat fans filling this board

IRUAM #21
03-02-2009, 05:58 PM
I told u guys no more talk here plzzzzzzzzzzz....read my post and get off the blog....u will get the ans....xcuse me!...this blog is not about kobe.....read the topic and than make comments...dnt b like a kid...mum, i need the ballon, i need the ballon @ nite!!!

:crazy:

NYMetros
03-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I would give Wade the edge in mid-range jumpers and LeBron the edge in long-range jumpers. Although neither of them exactly have a shooter's stroke.

From the stripe, LeBron is slightly above average at best. Wade clearly has the edge there. I'm not sure what the problem with LeBron is at the free throw line. Lack of concentration and maybe a lack of confidence, perhaps.

Both are almost impossible to stop when they get a full head of steam going. Wade is quicker and has a better last step. But LBJ has a big edge in strength/power. That's what gives LBJ the advantage over Wade here when attacking the hole.

In passing, LBJ also has the advantage. Double-teams don't bother him as much as they do Wade and LeBron is more effective passing with his left hand. LeBron has an easier time than Wade in passing the ball, however, because his teammates are all good outside shooters and that makes it easier for LeBron to deliver them the ball with ample time to shoot, due to the defense collapsing.

Defensively, both have made considerable improvements over the past couple of years. Wade no longer takes any plays off and he is more active on defense. LeBron is helped out by his bulk in the post game -- which makes it harder for his men to back him down. That is a different story with Wade.

In my opinion, LeBron is the better all-around player. But that is a product of LeBron's overall greatness and not because of any major weaknesses in D-Wade's game.

Hoopsadvocate
03-02-2009, 06:09 PM
A couple things surprised me about there answers i thought for sure lebron would be a better shooter than wade but i guess not. But honestly Lebron is built like a monster if he wanted to he could be the best ever to play the game hes just freakishly built for it like Michael Phelps is for swimming. But at this point IMO and reading this helps confirm it a little Wade > Lebron as far as basketball skill. Put it like this if dwyane was genetically predisposed to have Lebron's body type it would be a wrap. All the votes lebron got from these coaches had something or other to d with his body or freakish athleticism (strength, jump, size) with the exception of his ball handling skill and passing ability but wade got a majority of his votes based on skill ( shooting, penetrating defenses, setting up players, execution).

On a side note Kobe is skill wise better than both atm. But they all have certain advantages over the other wade is probably the best at weaving thru defenses and looking for teammates ( severely underrated btw). While lebron dominates the open court and strength category. And Kobe would have superior shooting and finishing/execution.

Cleavage
03-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Wade was crazy the other night vs the Knicks knocking everything down.

Master Mind
03-02-2009, 06:52 PM
A couple things surprised me about there answers i thought for sure lebron would be a better shooter than wade but i guess not. But honestly Lebron is built like a monster if he wanted to he could be the best ever to play the game hes just freakishly built for it like Michael Phelps is for swimming. But at this point IMO and reading this helps confirm it a little Wade > Lebron as far as basketball skill. Put it like this if dwyane was genetically predisposed to have Lebron's body type it would be a wrap. All the votes lebron got from these coaches had something or other to d with his body or freakish athleticism (strength, jump, size) with the exception of his ball handling skill and passing ability but wade got a majority of his votes based on skill ( shooting, penetrating defenses, setting up players, execution).

On a side note Kobe is skill wise better than both atm. But they all have certain advantages over the other wade is probably the best at weaving thru defenses and looking for teammates ( severely underrated btw). While lebron dominates the open court and strength category. And Kobe would have superior shooting and finishing/execution.

GREAT POST!!!!!! :clap:

ARMIN12NBA
03-02-2009, 06:58 PM

Yup. Wade and the refs were so dominant in that series. They were such a cohesive unit together (the "Big 4" as I called it). I will never forget it.

Master Mind
03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Yup. Wade and the refs were so dominant in that series. They were such a cohesive unit together (the "Big 4" as I called it). I will never forget it.

Hi Hater

dee279
03-02-2009, 07:18 PM

LOL 35 points per game in the finals and won a ring with a 4-2 championship win and what lebron got in the finals? Beat 0-4

ARMIN12NBA
03-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi Hater

You talking to me? :confused:

Master Mind
03-02-2009, 07:27 PM
You talking to me? :confused:

Was your post quoted? :eyebrow:

Lost Art
03-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Can I choose Kobe?

:D

MakaSizzle
03-02-2009, 08:06 PM

Michael Jordan Chi 1991 31.2,6.6, and 11.4 at a 55.8% clip

Come on really??? Wade's performance was better than that? Really?? Because his PER was 2 points higher? Really???

Shaquille O'Neal LAL 2000 38.0,16.7,and 2.3 at 61.1%

Both better than Wade's performance not even an argument to make
Dwyane Wade Mia 2006 34.7,7.8,and 3.8 at 46.8%

carter15
03-02-2009, 08:07 PM
this thread is ridiculous....no players cqan ever be compared on this site cuz everybody is such homers

lorenz00
03-02-2009, 08:11 PM
dwade!! second best player in the world o ya you know the first mr. Bryant

Hustla23
03-02-2009, 08:22 PM
this thread is ridiculous....no players cqan ever be compared on this site cuz everybody is such homers

Yeah seriously :sigh:

GSW fan
03-02-2009, 08:31 PM

lol

Chronz
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
JVG and I think exactly alike on every nba question ever asked from the media, he is the chosen 1

jlisec01
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
At a scale of Lebron vs Wade, I have to give it to Lebron, they aren't on the same level at all, even though Wade is good, Lebron is just better and he is more than likely going to be the mvp this year.

shizzle09
03-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Dude, Wade has a ring! He didn't have a healthy Shaq. Not to mention, Shaq was in foul trouble most of that year they won. Wade carried the Heat over the Mavs.

he sure did! wasnt it 37ppg in the 4 games they won? Wade has shown he can carry the team to the finals and in the finals. Lebron has shown he can carry them into the finals but he failed at carrying them in the finals. Wade is the pick if you want the better player. Lebron just has the btter basketball body because of his size.

Chronz
03-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Michael Jordan Chi 1991 31.2,6.6, and 11.4 at a 55.8% clip

Come on really??? Wade's performance was better than that? Really?? Because his PER was 2 points higher? Really???

Shaquille O'Neal LAL 2000 38.0,16.7,and 2.3 at 61.1%

Both better than Wade's performance not even an argument to make
Dwyane Wade Mia 2006 34.7,7.8,and 3.8 at 46.8%

Agreed, PER from a series standpoint is completely different than an entire seasons worth of games. MJ is being punished for playing against greater competition and not playing alongside Antoine Walker. MJ was best

northsider
03-02-2009, 08:37 PM
I would love either Lebron is like a Defensive End with the agility of a gymnast and still maintains his powerful force and presence. Wade is just an amazing to watch at times some of his shots are ridiculous both, are good defenders.

ARMIN12NBA
03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Was your post quoted? :eyebrow:

Yes, which is why it must have been a mistake. No hater here...

BALLER71
03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Homer.

I :love: this article.

Done.

WadeCounty
03-02-2009, 09:12 PM
1. kobe
2. wade

BALLER71
03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm a Heat fan but this is my opinion:

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Wade

marlinsfan24
03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
it's
1a)kobe
1b)wade
1c)lebron

all play different, uncomparable games, and all are equally important to their teams in different ways

nothappyinut
03-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Okay first to say kobe is in a league above wade and james is insane. If we are going to compare apples to apples I think Wade and Kobe are on the same level they play the same position they have similiar styles and body types they are both great all around players. But must we forget what kobe and wade had that lebron didnt and that was shaq and I think you take shaq away from either team and kobe or wade wouldnt have a ring. I know some of you are going to say a bunch of ******* on how shaq was injuryed or shaq was this but come on you can't deny he was freak of nature athlete with freakish size and abililty with great leadership. Now about Lebron he is in a level all of his own, there has never been anyone with his size/speed/athletic ablility/skill set. Lebron has only scratched the surface of what he can do. What sets Lebron above the other two is simply his freakish size with skill set. If Lebron wanted to be selfish he could average a triple double he almost does anyway, I think we have only seen a fraction of what Lebron can do. You can teach someone to rebound, shoot the ball, pass the ball but you can't teach them size or athletic ability. Im a jazz fan and my all time favorite players are stockten malone d-will lebron and d-wade. Not to take away from kobe Im just not down with the whole "raping" girls scene :) Here comes the hate mail.

Hustla23
03-02-2009, 10:43 PM

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Wade

Wade is better than Kobe. :)

Master Mind
03-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Great game by both players....It really had that playoff atmosphere...

Jaji
03-03-2009, 01:47 AM
LeBron won tonight. More points for him and his team. Matter of fact LeBron won last time too. More points for him and his team. Hmmmm.....

IRUAM #21
03-03-2009, 01:58 AM
I wish Wade had another scoring threat, he was being double teamed the whole 4th quarter and nobody else could score :sigh:

hotpotato1092
03-03-2009, 02:04 AM
LeBron's on an entirely differently level, he might be the most athletic human being on the planet.

zezak
03-03-2009, 02:47 AM
LeBron won tonight. More points for him and his team. Matter of fact LeBron won last time too. More points for him and his team. Hmmmm.....

Doesn't hurt either that your #2 scorer went for 30-7-7. hmmm.....

Master Mind
03-03-2009, 12:01 PM

FYI before this game, the previous game between the Heat and the Cavs---The Heat won :eyebrow:

Master Mind
03-03-2009, 12:01 PM
LeBron's on an entirely differently level, he might be the most athletic human being on the planet.

You can't be serious

Fiatz67
03-03-2009, 12:30 PM
1. James
2. James
3. James
4. James
5. James
6. James

as simple as that

Master Mind
03-03-2009, 12:33 PM
1. James
2. James
3. James
4. James
5. James
6. James

as simple as that

Yeah, sure :eyebrow:

MGB
03-03-2009, 12:55 PM

:pity:

Miafan91
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
******* lebron james, he will NEVER win a Ring

RodmansBulls
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Wade

Dude Kobe is way better than, Wade, Kobe can make any shot at any time. His mid range shot is deadly. He can also step out to the three unlike wade.
Lebron jumper is very unconsistent, its on some nights and off the other. I guess you people on the East coast never watch the lakers.

ottograham14
03-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Everybody just needs to calm down on these who is better than who. Everyone of these players has different playing styles. I love the Cavs but yes I believe Wade played better individually tonight. Too bad the Cavs won because they finally have put enough around Lebron to win these close games without having to fully depend on him. But still calm down all you biased fans who either love Kobe, Bron, or Wade. Just realize that a very good game was played last night with two of the three best skilled players in the NBA and that the better overall team won last night.

Big Zo
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Dude Kobe is way better than, Wade, Kobe can make any shot at any time. His mid range shot is deadly. He can also step out to the three unlike wade.
Lebron jumper is very unconsistent, its on some nights and off the other. I guess you people on the East coast never watch the lakers.

Obviously you don't watch the Heat either, cuz Wade also had a deadly mid range shot and can hit 3's.

RodmansBulls
03-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Obviously you don't watch the Heat either, cuz Wade also had a deadly mid range shot and can hit 3's.

He can hit the three eh, he's a career .266 shooter from the 3, compared to Kobe's .340

Jonathan2323
03-03-2009, 04:19 PM
:pity:

as voted by ESPN and it was special dont give me the pity ****.

Big Zo
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
He can hit the three eh, he's a career .266 shooter from the 3, compared to Kobe's .340

He never shot from 3 his first couple of years, but he's gotten better at it since '07. Before then, his whole game was basically attacking the rim.

IRUAM #21
03-03-2009, 04:40 PM

Who's talking about Kobe ????

LAKERS 24/7
03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Im not tring to get into a whos better war. However yea lebron beat the pistons. However WADE took over in the finals, but i guess that doesnt count?

I dont know why people cant just admitt that Kobe, Lebron and Wade are all on the same level. IMO I think that Kobe is still the best player in the league, but Wade and Lebron are 2nd and 3rd.

Agreed

IRUAM #21
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Agreed

x2

madiaz3
03-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Who's talking about Kobe ????

Rodman's Bulls was on the page before this one. You're quoting out of context.

IRUAM #21
03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Rodman's Bulls was on the page before this one. You're quoting out of context.

My bad.

AFlagRules
03-03-2009, 06:04 PM
LeBron...Not close IMO. Wade is great, but LeBron is something else. He took his team to the finals BY HIMSELF.

Wade has a ring with SHAQ (Who in the last week, is showing everyone why he's the NBA's most dominant big man in the History of the NBA.) Don't tell me Shaq had nothing to do with it, he had EVERYTHING to do with it.

marlinsfan24
03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
LeBron...Not close IMO. Wade is great, but LeBron is something else. He took his team to the finals BY HIMSELF.

Wade has a ring with SHAQ (Who in the last week, is showing everyone why he's the NBA's most dominant big man in the History of the NBA.) Don't tell me Shaq had nothing to do with it, he had EVERYTHING to do with it.

You mean the Shaq that was barley a factor in the Finals and fouled out in key moments in many games? The one who never got more than 20 points a game in the finals? The one who got held under 10 twice?

And the Lebron that had the highly underrartted Ilgazcuz? And Hughes and Gibson, Szurbieak

prodigy
03-03-2009, 06:21 PM
ONLY QUESTION THAT MATTERS!!!

who will be in the NBA finals?

lebron

who will not be in the NBA finals?

wade

LeBrowns
03-03-2009, 06:22 PM

LOL. The Truth? When I think back to greatest finals matches of all time, the Heat Mavericks series isn't usually one of the first to come to mind.

IRUAM #21
03-03-2009, 06:23 PM

lebron

wade

ZOMG, you can predict the Future :speechless:

Jonathan2323
03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
LOL. The Truth? When I think back to greatest finals matches of all time, the Heat Mavericks series isn't usually one of the first to come to mind.

doesnt have to be, it was the greatest performance.

MilfHunter07
03-03-2009, 06:24 PM

lebron

wadenot if you see the heat in the 2nd round.

Jonathan2323
03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
not if you see the heat in the 2nd round.

:nod:

prodigy
03-03-2009, 07:16 PM
not if you see the heat in the 2nd round.

who? why would we see heat in the second round? isn't that the guy from I love money on VH1?

umh34
03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
who? why would we see heat in the second round? isn't that the guy from I love money on VH1?

Bro, dont kid yourself. Your cavs barely beat miami last night and thats with Lebron having 42. Wade is better then Lebron and thats that. He out preformed him last night. dont act like your teams winning anything either. End of the year neither of us will have a ring. well we wont have 2 you wont have one.

Wade_County
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM

lol....i guess you can speak for the majority:rolleyes:

JayW_1023
03-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I think they are very close...LeBron is more dominant...but Wade's game is more balanced, since he is a reliable mid range shooter as well.

LeBron is a better on the ball defender...but Wade is a better as a team defender and weakside helper. LeBrons size just gives him more matchup problems in combination with his other physical attibutes ...which is why he is more dominant than Wade.

Wade plays big for his 6'4...he is both quick, fast and strong...but not overpowering strong like LBJ. Wade has to rely more on his creativity on offense...where LeBron can just overpower defenders physically. While he isn't as creative as Wade...he comes really close.

Wade plays with more intensity than LeBron...but therefor also with more reckless abandon. LeBron has a slightly better understanding as to know when to push to ball and when to slow the offense down.

As far as strictly basketball skill Wade has a slight, almost insignifnact edge...But in the end I think LeBrons physical dominance and man to man D gives him the slight nod...he can literally play all positions...and is slightly more versatile. It's a pain to compare these guys as usual.

RodmansBulls
03-04-2009, 01:04 PM
You mean the Shaq that was barley a factor in the Finals and fouled out in key moments in many games? The one who never got more than 20 points a game in the finals? The one who got held under 10 twice?

And the Lebron that had the highly underrartted Ilgazcuz? And Hughes and Gibson, Szurbieak

The the heat team that won the championship was deep that year. Shaq played a big role in getting them there, but Wade took over the finals. Against a the Dalls Mavericks, they don't play any D. Oh you can say they played good D, that year but there still the Run and Gun type team. Dwade justed owned them.