PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Trade Deadline Round 1 Cavs-Heat

fins08
03-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Cavs have homecourt advantage

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ROSTERS! THESE ARE NOT REAL TEAMS, SO PLEASE VOTE ON WHO WOULD WIN IN A 7 GAME SERIES!

Cavs (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8252665&postcount=6)
Heat (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8369046&postcount=42)

Thanks, and good luck. Poll closes at 8:00 PM EST

Cavs

PG: Mo Williams/Smush Parker/Will Solomon
SG: Stephen Jackson/Delonte West/Ira Newble
SF: LeBron James/Quentin Richardson/Devean George
PF: Shawn Marion/Antonio Mcdyess/Keith Van Horn
C: Rasheed Wallace/Brendan Haywood/Desagana Diop

Heat

PG- T.J. Ford/Chris Quinn/Marcus Banks
SG Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook/Yakhouba Diawara
SF- Mike Beasley/Dorell Wright
PF-Troy Murphy/Joel Anthony
C- Jermaine O'Neil/Jamal Magloire/Nathan Jawai

fins08
03-02-2009, 07:37 AM
here's my round one writeup:

depth chart:
PG: Mo Williams/Smush Parker/Will Solomon
SG: Stephen Jackson/Delonte West/Ira Newble
SF: LeBron James/Quentin Richardson/Devean George
PF: Shawn Marion/Antonio Mcdyess/Keith Van Horn
C: Rasheed Wallace/Brendan Haywood/Desagana Diop

Mo Williams vs TJ Ford: Mo Williams is better, there is no denying that, he is an allstar and has evolved into an excellent player this year. At one point in the mock I had both players but I decided to trade TJ instead of Mo (and it wasn't even close), that should say everything about this matchup. TJ may be the better distributor, but Mo is the perfect point guard to play with LeBron. The offense basically runs through LeBron and Mo just needs to take advantage of the open shots he creates, which he does. Mo is capable of running the offense if necessary though. This is a pretty big win for Mo

Stephen Jackson vs Dwayne Wade: Look, Dwade is better, there's no denying that, but Jackson is no scrub either. He averages 20 ppg and is one of the league's best wing defenders. Wade will get his points, there's nothing I can do to stop that, but Jackson is gonna put up his points as well.

LeBron James vs Michael Beasley: LeBron James is the best player in the league, Michael Beasley is a disappointing rookie. LeBron averages 29 ppg, Michael Beasley is an AWFUL defender, how many points do you all think LeBron's gonna carve him up for? 40 per game? There is not one category in which Beasley even comes close to LeBron, this is a HUGE win for the Cavs.

Shawn Marion vs Troy Murphy: Shawn Marion is about the same offensively and rebounding wise as Murphy, but he's light years ahead as a defender. Marion can defend any player between 5'8'' to 7'0''. He's the most versatile defender in the league. That's why I chose to trade Murphy for him. If any player is having a big night, I can throw Marion on him to slow him down. This is another win for the Cavs.

Rasheed Wallace vs Jermaine O'neal. Jermaine O'neal is a washed up has been who hasn't helped a team win for years. Rasheed may be getting up there in age, but he can still defend the post with the best of them while still being an effective scorer. Rasheed will contain Jermaine fairly easily while Jermaine will do nothing to stop Rasheed. Another Cavs win.

My bench vs his bench: There is no comparison here. His 6th man is who, Chris Quinn? Daequan Cook? He has almost no depth to a mediocre starting five. Who's on my bench? an elite 6th man in delonte west, scorers in Qrich, Haywood and Van Horn, defenders in Devean George, Antonio Mcdyess and Desagana Diop, and basically anything else I'd need. This series shouldn't be close, Cavs win.
Cavs did a writeup

Sportfan
03-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Heat will forfeit the series after 1 quarter. Easily cavs

phlp_bj
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
cavs. too much fire power

hotpotato1092
03-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Keep those votes coming guys

unwantedplayer
03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Cavs. The Heat have a nice team, but the Cavs have a nice 3-pt shooting team so all LBJ has to do is drive and pass.

what54!?
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
the cavs. I can't lie, lebron would demolish beasley.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-02-2009, 02:38 PM
That's a really nice Cavalier roster!

Definitely going with them.

DocUSN
03-02-2009, 02:42 PM
That's a really nice Cavalier roster!

Definitely going with them.

Thanks for the compliment, we would of had Yao ming in the middle instead of Rasheed is it wasnt for the haters vetoing our trade :p

bidi_nash
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
cavs, starting lineups are pretty even but the heat have an awful bench and the cavs will demolish

nygiants242
03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Cavs = Rape.

Sportfan
03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the compliment, we would of had Yao ming in the middle instead of Rasheed is it wasnt for the haters vetoing our trade :p

Thank you :D

superkegger
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Cavs easily. Cavs have someone to at least put up some resistance to Wade, while the Heat have Beasley on LBJ. Plus the Cavs have trememdous depth, other than smush parker that is.

hotpotato1092
03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
^ who wouldn't want Smush on their team? We had to win a serious bidding war to get him. And again we'd have Yao if it wasn't for the haters, our starting five was supposed to be Ford-Sjax-Bron-Murphy-Yao :speechless:

Catfish1314
03-02-2009, 05:22 PM
^ who wouldn't want Smush on their team? We had to win a serious bidding war to get him. And again we'd have Yao if it wasn't for the haters, our starting five was supposed to be Ford-Sjax-Bron-Murphy-Yao :speechless:

Hater is such a strong word. Realist, or regulator is so much more appropriate. :) In real life, your team would work better this way. Yao clogs the lane, which is where most of LeBron's points come from and you have four guys in your starting 5 who can light it up from long range and another who's a solid outside shooter (Marion).

Anyway, this is the Cavs series without question. The Heat have a very solid group and are underrated, but the Cavs have a major advantage at the defensive end.

Nexus
03-02-2009, 05:24 PM
I don't know that getting rid of Big Z in favour of smaller, older players was the best idea to surround LeBron. It's still obviously the Cavs though.

joeboow90
03-02-2009, 05:34 PM
that Cavs team is a BEASTTTTT. Mo Willy, Captain Jack, Lebron, Marion and Rasheed...dam give em the title i wish that was their team in real life

hotpotato1092
03-03-2009, 12:36 AM
that Cavs team is a BEASTTTTT. Mo Willy, Captain Jack, Lebron, Marion and Rasheed...dam give em the title i wish that was their team in real life

Pretty much my thoughts when I built this team.

still1ballin
03-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Cavs easily. Cavs have someone to at least put up some resistance to Wade, while the Heat have Beasley on LBJ. Plus the Cavs have trememdous depth, other than smush parker that is.

What he said. ^

Duncan = Donkey
03-03-2009, 12:46 AM
yer cavs would win.

VCaintdead17
03-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Cavs win, but I accidentally voted for the Heat lol. Oh well, doesnt make any more of a difference