PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Trade Deadline Round 1 Spurs-Mavs

fins08
03-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Spurs have homecourt advantage

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ROSTERS! THESE ARE NOT REAL TEAMS, SO PLEASE VOTE ON WHO WOULD WIN IN A 7 GAME SERIES!

Spurs (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8252874&postcount=8)
Mavs (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8274116&postcount=28)

Thanks, and good luck. Poll closes at 8:00 PM EST

Spurs

C:Amare Stoudemire/Etan Thomas/Adonal Foyle
PF:Brandon Bass/Shawne Williams/Jelani McCoy
SF:Josh Howard/Ronald Murray/Jason Kapono//Mario West
SG: Jason Terry/Eric Piatkowski/Penny Hardaway
PG:Mike Bibby/Shaun Livingston

Mavs

C: Andrew Bynum/Eddy Curry/Ryan Hollins
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Erick Dampier/James Singelton
SF: Al Harrington/Bruce Bowen/Vlad Radmonovic
SG: Ben Gordon/Antoine Wright/Luke Walton
PG: Kirk Hinrich/Jose Juan Barea/Matt Carroll

fins08
03-02-2009, 07:40 AM
WRITE UP against mavs:

I think the spurs are the most balanced team in this conference We have 4 starters who could easily put up at least 15-20 points a night and all our starters plus our 6h man could all be in double figures. The Mavs are good but aren’t great. We beat them in the division voting so we should hold them off again. Here is how I compare the 2 teams
Bibby>Hinrich Hinrich is a good defender but bibby’s offense beats out Hinrich
Terry=Gordon a wash both are chuckers. Although terry has the flexibility to be the point guard and control the tempo if need be if Hinrich covers Bibby well. But still is a wash
Howard>Harrington people but disagree with this but al is just having a lucky season. It doesn’t take guys 10 years to go from ok to good. Howard has been consistent and puts up similar numbers to al this year. Plus Harrington has been the number 1 option on the knicks scoring wise hence his high scoring numbers. Josh has been stuck behind dirk and terry and still puts up 18+.
Bass<dirk. This is obvious. But don’t let bass deceive you. He’s been dirk’s backup for the last couple years and and has put up solid numbers in limited playing time. He’s put up about 9 points and 4 and a half boards in less than 20 min. If he started he could be good. But I gotta go dirk.
Amare>Bynum- Bynum could be a superstar but right now he is nothing more than an injury prone starter. He’s never been much a scoring presence he is a good defender and can rebound but he is not much more at this point of his young career.
We win 3 matchups lose 1 and 1 is a wash. We have the better starting lineup.
On the bench,
Livingston<barea –Livingston is coming off knee surgery but he can still play and is explosive. But since he hasn’t played in a year ill say slight edge to barea
Murray>Wright Murray is a great 6th man and can put up a good 11 12 13 points up every night. Murray also has more assists and rebounds
Kapano>Bowen- Bowen is getting there in age he still is a great defender but kapano is an even better shooter. He can come out in the middle of a game and make clutch shots. He’s the x factor IMO.
Shawn Williams<Eric Dampier. Shawn is a great shot blocker but Eric wins this
Etan Thomas=eddy curry- eddy might be better but he hasn’t played in year except for 2 min. if Berea is better than Livingston this is at least a wash
The benches are pretty much equal. But I am the better team since have the better starting lineup. It’s going to be a tough series but I think I will come out victorious

Final write up about our team:
I think our team the spurs have improved over the season and we have grown into a more powerful team and i think we have a chance to go to the semi finals and mabye championship. Our Center Amare Stodumire is a huge powerhouse and he had major power and shooting skills and is a great center. Brandon Bass is a Power Forward whose stats as a backup where quite impreessive with 9 ppg. Josh Howard has also been a backup and he still puts up 19 ppg he hasn talent and power and can help any team with shooting. Jason Terry in a player who puts up 20 ppg and even though he is old he can put up 3 pointers and still contibute to our team. Mike Bibby is a man who gets 19 ppg and gets 3 ponters and can rebound and he is a overall great player. our backups all have power and shooting abilities we can shoot rebound assist and we can all play hard and become champs with all of our power
Mavs vs. Spurs write up

Mike Bibby vs. Kirk Hinrich: As of now Bibby is the better scorer but Hinrich will be able to defend him due the fact that Kirk is a good defender. Kirk is a much better passer than Bibby and that will definitely help my team because we have enough scorers and a great passing PG is exactly what my team needs

Jason Terry vs. Ben Gordon: Both are prolific scorers but Gordon is a lot faster than Terry and will be able to explode and get to the basket pretty much anytime he wants. Terry is a good defender but he is getting up there in age and might not be able to keep up with Gordon especially when it gets late in the fourth quarter when Gordon is at his best.

Josh Howard vs. Al Harrington: Both are great scorers and will get their points pretty much every night, but Al Harrington is much bigger and will be able to over power Howard and score his points in the low post and draw the coverage allowing Dirk to get open, and we all know what will happen then.

Brandon Bass vs. Dirk Nowitzki: Well I’m not really sure what to tell you here except for the fact that Dirk will absolutely destroy Bass both beyond the arc and down low. This is by far the most lopsided match up in the series. The playoff experienced Dirk vs. a player with almost no experience in Bass.

Amare Stoudamire vs. Andrew Bynum: Amare is clearly the better player in this matchup but unlike the Dirk match up Bynum is a defensive stud. He will force Amare to work for his points. He wont completely stop him but at least he will force him to volume shoot and take away opportunities from his other team mates.

Benches:
PG: Shaun Livingston<Juan Jose Barea
SG: Eric Piatkowski<Antoine Wright
SF: Ronald Murray>Bruce Bowen
PF: Shawne Williams<Erick Dampier
C: Etan Thomas = Eddy Curry writeups

Testaverde16
03-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Spurs just look better to me, mostly because of the PF spot and a significantly better bench. The Mavs don't have much at guard passed the starters and even Terry being undersized seems to hurt. In the end, I dont see how Dirk is stopped and the Mavs take this in 6.

Duncan = Donkey
03-02-2009, 08:27 AM
mavs get my vote

spurs bench is horrible by the way.

Sportfan
03-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Spurs have the most balnced team 6 players could easily go into double figures and t least 4 can to for 15-20 ppg

Sportfan
03-02-2009, 09:23 AM
it would be helpful if a modcould sticky this so it wont get lost

celticfan
03-02-2009, 10:16 AM
spurs have no bench. That starting five would get tired over a 7 game series

lakers4sho
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Mavs.

Their frontcourt would dominate the Spurs' undersized frontcourt. Not to mention their bench is way better as well.

unwantedplayer
03-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Mavs. If the Spurs had a better bench and had Bass coming off the bench instead of starting, that would be one hell of a team.

blujaysrock
03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Mavs would win more depth IMO.

DocUSN
03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Mavs Depth everyone has already siad it

Sportfan
03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
How did I beat them in the division voting if I'm getting pwnd like this?

Nets fan 93
03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
:pity:
things you should not put in a Final Writeup...
Gordon=Terry Both chuckers that makes your playuer sound bad
Etan thomas=eddy curry: actually Curry may be better dont say that...

phlp_bj
03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
mavs good bench and experiecned players

hotpotato1092
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Mavs, that team is loaded. It's a lot better then I thought, also, the GMs have messed up that team pretty badly.

TP>Bibby
Manu>Terry
Bowen<Howard
Duncan>Amare (they'd be matched up, I know Amare's the center)
Bonner>Bass
Spurs real bench>this bench

Sportfan
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Bass is better than bonner

what54!?
03-02-2009, 02:34 PM
mavs = better depth so the mavs

bidi_nash
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
yay nice

superkegger
03-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't know how the spurs screwed their team up so bad. Why go from the best PF to ever play the game to Amare as your big man. :pity: and from a very solid all star to Mike Bibby? grosss.

hotpotato1092
03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't know how the spurs screwed their team up so bad. Why go from the best PF to ever play the game to Amare as your big man. :pity: and from a very solid all star to Mike Bibby? grosss.

And Manu to Terry, don't forget Manu to Terry

RocketsRule
03-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Mavs, the teams are similar but the bench pushed it over the top.

Nexus
03-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Mavs, that team is loaded. It's a lot better then I thought, also, the GMs have messed up that team pretty badly.

TP>Bibby
Manu>Terry
Bowen<Howard
Duncan>Amare (they'd be matched up, I know Amare's the center)
Bonner>Bass
Spurs real bench>this bench

Haha, exactly.

superkegger
03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
And Manu to Terry, don't forget Manu to Terry

while i don't know the trade, I'm assumed he got terry and howard for manu. which isn't that bad.

bidi_nash
03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
while i don't know the trade, I'm assumed he got terry and howard for manu. which isn't that bad.
no that was a different trade

superkegger
03-02-2009, 07:49 PM
no that was a different trade

well I wasn't involved, so I don't know, but their wings are about equal to what they were when they started, but the PG and Bigs, :pity:

lorenz00
03-02-2009, 08:18 PM
mavs! game 5