PDA

View Full Version : Wow what foul?

GspLAL
03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Anyone watching the Hawks vs Cavs game and see that bs call at the end?

superkegger
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
no.

GspLAL
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
They just gave the Cavs the game lol that was stupid.

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm guessing this is one of those "spur of the moment threads" that later you will think, "that wasn't thread worthy." ;)

GspLAL
03-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm guessing this is one of those "spur of the moment threads" that later you will think, "that wasn't thread worthy." ;)

no..

Wilson
03-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Looked like a foul to me :shrug:

Free Throw
Which call? :eyebrow:

JordansBulls
Didn't see it.

ProdigyI
03-01-2009, 11:50 PM

lol it happens:)

GspLAL
03-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Which call? :eyebrow:

The one that gave Cavs the lead with 1.6 seconds to go. Should have been a know call, even if there was any contact they shouldn't have called that since they always say "they like to leave it up to the players"

XJW18
03-01-2009, 11:52 PM
no.

NYMetros
03-01-2009, 11:54 PM
There was some contact. Kind of a chincy call to make at the end of a game, especially when you don't give Joe Johnson that call on the prior posession.

Free Throw
03-01-2009, 11:55 PM
even if there was any contact they shouldn't have called that since they always say "they like to leave it up to the players"

Oh like the time Lebron got called for the foul on Granger with not even enough time left in the game to shoot for the Cavs.

At least the Hawks got a shot, and heck, Johnson's almost went in, the way they were shooting tonight, I'm surprised it didn't.

But of course I'm bias about the topic, in general. :/

OG "Dee" LOCc
03-01-2009, 11:58 PM
It was BS but the refs have a mancrush on lebron

cwilson21
03-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Oh like the time Lebron got called for the foul on Granger with not even enough time left in the game to shoot for the Cavs.

At least the Hawks got a shot, and heck, Johnson's almost went in, the way they were shooting tonight, I'm surprised it didn't.

Dumb comparison considering LeBron and co. got the exact call immediately before that.

NYMetros
03-02-2009, 12:00 AM

You are not talking about the game where, on the very play before that, LeBron went to the FT line on pretty much the same call, would you?

This game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0im5IWqeLYo (go to 1:30)

You can't complain about that game. You never should have even had the opportunity to win it.

Nighthawk
03-02-2009, 12:01 AM
stupid call...If that was delonte west driving theres no call. But its lebrong so any breath that even touches him is a foul. Silly to end the game like that. Let it go to overtime.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-02-2009, 12:03 AM
There was some contact. Kind of a chincy call to make at the end of a game, especially when you don't give Joe Johnson that call on the prior posession.

i agree, but thats all il say on this

cmstophe
03-02-2009, 12:14 AM
threads like this are why the nba forums are a drag to read

BTownTeamsRKing
03-02-2009, 12:17 AM
threads like this are why the nba forums are a drag to read

i find it very easy to type away frusteration. sounds wierd, but it works. what better way to get over a loss than to complain over a call? it works great. it gives u peace as a fan. gives u an excuse to believe your team is the greatest ever if not for the evil nba refs and the money hungry david stern.

still1ballin
03-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Of course it was not a foul, but since it was LeBron, they give it to him.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-02-2009, 12:57 AM

u really cant help but think there is some sort of favortitism toward him. ive seen some of the worst calls go in his favor. this call wasnt horrible, but was it really necessary to end the game on this?

yuns554
03-02-2009, 01:00 AM
i thought the foul call on josh smith before halftime was worse he barely even touched Lebron and they called the foul

Kenny
03-02-2009, 01:01 AM
u really cant help but think there is some sort of favortitism toward him. ive seen some of the worst calls go in his favor. this call wasnt horrible, but was it really necessary to end the game on this?

Oh please, how many times do you have to see Lebron get hacked but since he's bigger then everyone doesn't get the call.. Hawks were getting a lot more free throw attempts throughout the game... The Hawks didnt even complain on the foul call

Kenny
03-02-2009, 01:02 AM
i thought the foul call on josh smith before halftime was worse he barely even touched Lebron and they called the foul

that was not a foul, this one was but it seems on this site people try to nitpick every time lebron gets a call his way but ignore it when he doesnt.. He is bigger then everyone so a lot of times he doesnt get calls he should since he doesnt flop.. Like Shaq back in the day

LakerKB24Fan
03-02-2009, 01:03 AM
That didn't look like a foul and I was wondering why non of the Hawks complained?

yuns554
03-02-2009, 01:07 AM
That didn't look like a foul and I was wondering why non of the Hawks complained?

there was some contact with al horford thats why
im sure they did complain though

GspLAL
03-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Oh please, how many times do you have to see Lebron get hacked but since he's bigger then everyone doesn't get the call.. Hawks were getting a lot more free throw attempts throughout the game... The Hawks didnt even complain on the foul call

This isn't even the point. Point is they always preach that they wanna let the players decide the game unless if it's a clear foul but then this happens and they call it for the game winner? are you kidding me?

Frrrrank!!!
03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
**** happens, move on.

cmstophe
03-02-2009, 01:36 AM
i find it very easy to type away frusteration. sounds wierd, but it works. what better way to get over a loss than to complain over a call? it works great. it gives u peace as a fan. gives u an excuse to believe your team is the greatest ever if not for the evil nba refs and the money hungry david stern.

very true my friend.

me and you can go over every call of just this game alone and find 50 calls that could have/should have gone the other way. if complaining is venting for some people and helps them cope, fine...but I'm just saying it's annoying to other people.

only problem is the game didnt end on this.

it ended when the hawks missed the potential game winner (a great look, too...when the ball was inbound, the Cavs announcer went "OH NO!" because of how good of a look it was)

Nirvanaskurdt
03-02-2009, 01:59 AM
the refs did not want OT.:rolleyes:

Vinny642
03-02-2009, 02:12 AM

Kobe would get the same exact call

GoatMilk
03-02-2009, 02:57 AM
yeah Bron gets calls, but so what.
it's not like it was a phantom call. there was contact

Rhino
03-02-2009, 05:22 AM
The NBA is a joke when it comes to rules. Why even have said rules if your not going to consistently enforce the rules Equally! Not just pick and choose when you would like to call an infraction.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-02-2009, 07:33 AM
very true my friend.

me and you can go over every call of just this game alone and find 50 calls that could have/should have gone the other way. if complaining is venting for some people and helps them cope, fine...but I'm just saying it's annoying to other people.

only problem is the game didnt end on this.

it ended when the hawks missed the potential game winner (a great look, too...when the ball was inbound, the Cavs announcer went "OH NO!" because of how good of a look it was)

HAHAHAHA i could picture that

BTownTeamsRKing
03-02-2009, 11:57 AM
on second look, that call sucked. barely even touched him. if i called that foul in the gym, id be laughed at.

cmstophe
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Well, there was contact. Clearly.

But...it never gets called. Unless you're a superstar. Doesn't matter. Hawks choked on their own blood. With 4 minutes left they had like a 7 point lead and they choked on it. That game was over the second they let Lebron blind pass to Mo Williams who buried a sick 3 from the corner.

Knew it was over the second Williams hit that.