PDA

View Full Version : herrmann

op12
03-01-2009, 03:30 PM
i dont understand why this guy isnt getting much pt for the pistons. they are struggling and he played great in his rookie season for the cats. i really liked him on that team. i hated they traded him for nazr because i think he is a great spark off the bench. he is playing well against the celtics in the 1st half today with 11 i think. he can shoot, drive, rebound and is fairly athletic. what does everyone else think of this guy? do you even know of him?

dee279
03-01-2009, 03:39 PM
yeah i seen him with the bobcats and did wonder why he dont get good PT after a good rookie year but i dont know much about him so i cant form an opinion

dee279
03-01-2009, 03:40 PM
And his name is Walter Herman so for the people who dont know him u might wanna put his whole name

superkegger
03-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't really know why. My guess is because he doesn't play solid defense, and because he's a big guy who doesn't play a conventional game. It's hard sometimes find the right niche when you play a somewhat unconvential style, it can be hard for a coach to figure out how you fit in.

dee279
03-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Well said

Trouble87
03-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't really know why. My guess is because he doesn't play solid defense, and because he's a big guy who doesn't play a conventional game. It's hard sometimes find the right niche when you play a somewhat unconvential style, it can be hard for a coach to figure out how you fit in.

true but he his long, rebounds well, plays hard on every play, and shoots the 3 pretty good...

Pistons probably dont know what to do with him...

Peep his greatness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2bsuUKLVwQ

op12
03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
And his name is Walter Herman so for the people who dont know him u might wanna put his whole name

i thought if you didnt know his last name you wouldnt know who i was talking about. and it is spelled herrmann, for the people who dont know.

unwantedplayer
03-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Well the reason he played good today was because Stephon Marbury was covering him. But I do agree he is a good player and he is a little athletic. The reason why he doesn't get enough playing time is because he isn't consistent. Some nights he can shoot the ball and it seems that he is doing everything right, and some nights he is playing very poorly. He is also a bit small for his postion. He is 6-9 and doesn't seem to have enough muscle to overpower opponents.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-01-2009, 07:21 PM
He played good in the Cleveland game too. Our commentators were like freaking out about him saying he needs more minutes. Our owner was on too saying he likes his game. (Dan Gilbert who I think is from Detroit seemed like a fan of Hermann's game.)

homestarunner93
03-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed when the Cats traded him. Another reason why Sam Vincent should never be a head coach again, ever.

SteveNash
03-01-2009, 07:57 PM
He tries to hard and is inconsistent.

chicagowhitesox
03-01-2009, 08:29 PM
all i know is he's got enormous hands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82iihDAxDLA

Kakaroach
03-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Yea he seems like a really good player. Hopefully now he and AI will be good off of the bench for the rest of the season.