PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh San Jose trade?

mrbowflex1223
03-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Rumor has it San Jose is shopping Jonathan Cheechoo think of him on the pens on a line with Sid or Malkin that would be incredible

mrbowflex1223
03-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Another rumor I have heard was

Hall Gill and a 4th round pick

to Buffalo

Maxim Afinogenov and a 3rd round pick

but Pens declined it b/c they are not interested in Afinogenov or at least in his salary

yankees_boi
03-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Afinogenov would be a good pickup. hes got speed and would be great with sid or malkin

SidTheKid
03-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Rumor has it San Jose is shopping Jonathan Cheechoo think of him on the pens on a line with Sid or Malkin that would be incredible

That would be interesting to see.

J13Cox8
03-01-2009, 01:35 PM
i have loved cheechoo for quite some time. i know he isnt the 50 goal scorer he used to be though. he is on the 3rd line now isnt he? when i heard that it baffled me.

jzelenda
03-01-2009, 01:59 PM
i have loved cheechoo for quite some time. i know he isnt the 50 goal scorer he used to be though. he is on the 3rd line now isnt he? when i heard that it baffled me.

Devin Setoguchi took his spot. He's the same size, younger, and has been reliable and consistent throughout the whole year. I know only because I have Setoguchi on my fantasy team, and he's been the biggest surprise for me.

Grantakins
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Another rumor I have heard was

Hall Gill and a 4th round pick

to Buffalo

Maxim Afinogenov and a 3rd round pick

but Pens declined it b/c they are not interested in Afinogenov or at least in his salary

that would be a bad move for us. afinogenov was good when he played with briere and drury but he has done nothing but rack up a high minus rating and score no points ever since. he might be alright playing along side someone with talent but would be a big risk to trade gil for him. i'd rather have gil killing penalties.

jmiller26
03-01-2009, 06:51 PM
IMO, Cheechoo is to slow. He wouldn't do well with Crosby or Malkin.

phinsfan
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Pittsburgh should be making trades for Defence not another forward. Trading Whitney pretty much gave up all there D. So now there is Gonchar, Orpik,????????????????.

J13Cox8
03-02-2009, 11:27 AM
letang, goligoski, scuderi.

jzelenda
03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Whitney pretty much gave up all there D. So now there is Gonchar, Orpik,????????????????.

Gill, Eaton, Letang, Goligoski, Boucher (when healthy), Scuderi... Minor Leaguers.

I'm not too worried about D. It's what we had too much of, what we need now is one solid D-man that plays just D. We have quite a few Offense-minded D-men, but as for actual defense, Orpik just plows through guys, Gill stays at home, and Eaton and Scuderi seem to occupy space for pucks to hit them, so we could use someone to clear the zone and the front of the net.

If Marc-Andre keeps giving up rebound after rebound after rebound, and letting teams camp out in front of him and take a dozen shots on one rush, he needs a few defensemen to clear the lane and the puck.

If you're looking for suggestions from me, I'm tapped. And people will throw Pronger in there, but realistically, between his salary and his not-so-team oriented demeaner in the locker room, I don't think he'd be that great of an addition. We have a young team that has had issues with leadership and an Iron Fisted coach this year, and we've seen how they respond: The shut down.

Maybe Bylsma's philosophy of "the only Defense we need is putting up more points than our opponent" could work... But I'd still like at least one more D move for a solid all-around dude.

J13Cox8
03-02-2009, 11:42 AM
well put. i totally agree 100%. we need someone who will do everything. our defensemen look around at eachother wondering what their roles are, and as u stated jzelenda, thats not good for fleury. MAF faces so many shots yes, but his biggest problem is that when they do shoot against him, he cant see a thing. we need someone big and strong to move those people out of fleury's way. any news on a big defensemen gettin shipped??

mrbowflex1223
03-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Here is old power rankings with players who are rumored to be available.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/rankings.html

rmw661025
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
pens n sharks have been trade partners before but I don't see this happening. cheechoo hasn't proven anything and he's not the type of player pitt needs. they need a gritty veteran forward. Bill guerin anyone? according to history, mario and garth snow were on the same page when snow was with pitt... so, I'm sure lemieux has asked about Guerin. What pitt doesn't need is another shaky player looking for confidence. They have enough of that in Satan, Staal, and Fedotenko. They need grit and leadership to replace the Gary Roberts element that they are missing. This is the reason Whitney was dealt... the guy was a shaky liability, so he's gone. Bylsma lit a fire under Staal, if it doesn't stay lit, then he will be the next 1st round pick to be dealt from pitt, just like Whitney was. Time to get rid of hte dead weight on our team and bring in players who want to work hard. We should have never let Malone go... he worked his ***** off and it was paying off.

rmw661025
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Pittsburgh should be making trades for Defence not another forward. Trading Whitney pretty much gave up all there D. So now there is Gonchar, Orpik,????????????????.

Congratulations, you just made the most moronic post about the pittsburgh penguins situation. What we DO NOT need is another D-man... we've got plenty, which is why Goligoski (a guy who can start for 80% of the teams in the league) is in the minors. Whitney was a guy who made mistake after mistake, every damn shift. Anytime he had the puck in his own end, you could hear the opposing bench screaming to go after him...

You need to look at reality... just because a guy is drafted 5th overall doesn't mean he is automatically a Larry Murphy or a Paul Coffey!

phins fan... lol, must be one of those dolphin dreamers. Marino never won anything, Mario won it all!

rmw661025
03-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Gill, Eaton, Letang, Goligoski, Boucher (when healthy), Scuderi... Minor Leaguers.

I'm not too worried about D. It's what we had too much of, what we need now is one solid D-man that plays just D. We have quite a few Offense-minded D-men, but as for actual defense, Orpik just plows through guys, Gill stays at home, and Eaton and Scuderi seem to occupy space for pucks to hit them, so we could use someone to clear the zone and the front of the net.

If Marc-Andre keeps giving up rebound after rebound after rebound, and letting teams camp out in front of him and take a dozen shots on one rush, he needs a few defensemen to clear the lane and the puck.

If you're looking for suggestions from me, I'm tapped. And people will throw Pronger in there, but realistically, between his salary and his not-so-team oriented demeaner in the locker room, I don't think he'd be that great of an addition. We have a young team that has had issues with leadership and an Iron Fisted coach this year, and we've seen how they respond: The shut down.

Maybe Bylsma's philosophy of "the only Defense we need is putting up more points than our opponent" could work... But I'd still like at least one more D move for a solid all-around dude.

Scuderi, Eaton, Gill, and Orpik are solid on D, matter of fact Scuderi is GREAT on D. It's the system that pitt has played, and the fact that Fleury shouldn't even attempt to play a puck... EVER! lol.

Once everyone gets used to the new system, and their defensive or line partners, you will see how solid they are with the puck.

Pitt doesn't need any more trades, they just need to take a lesson from the Devils or Red Wings on how to play a solid system. They have more talent than any team in the league, and they should be winning with that talent.